Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #2131
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Thank you, Cheryl

The bathroom is plugging along full speed ahead and it's really got me hopping. Having my water turned on and off, having to herd my cats into a bedroom and close the door when workers have to tromp through the house (can't risk them getting out here in coyote country.)

Plus, choirs starting this week, singing in a 9/11 ceremony, etc etc.

I am swamped, but the good news is that my eating is going GREAT! I'm doing straight VLC/high fat and I feel good and I'm under control and no longer struggling. I knew that sooner or later something would have to give.

I've missed reading up on you, Cheryl, and will stop by your journal later. Right now, got some worker at the door......sigh....time to round up cats.

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #2132
Blabbermouth!!!

P.S. I did take a "before" pic and also some "during" pics of the bathroom. Will post when I find 5 extra minutes!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #2133
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Don't worry, sweetie. I'll fill you in in a nutshell. Sorry things are so hectic there right now, but "no pain, no gain." Soon you will have a luxurious bathroom to light candles and kick back in. I remember you said how much you love to read in the bath tub. Just ponder that for a few moments.

I'm fine. Diet sucks, weight is terrible, weather's been hot and humid for a three-day burst but will be back to cool, lovely Fall stuff when this system rolls through. Storming tonight and Cisco's nervous. I gave her a half a pill and she's tucked herself into her corner of the bathroom where she feels safe. It's all good. I got her to eat her dinner by sitting on the floor and feeding her a handful of kibble at a time, then I just sat back and let her eat the rest on her own. She's tender when it comes to storms.

I am busy with the farm. I was off work today but because they are so short of volunteers this semester, I am "roped into" being a leader for two horses on Thursday afternoon. And tonight a hint was placed on how short they are for Saturday morning lessons. "Not that I'm asking YOU to help out." I didn't take it that way at all and told her that me and mornings do NOT get along.

I had a hellacious day of cleaning and organizing yesterday with little notice. Landlady said she had an appraiser coming at 6:30 last night. She texted me this message the night before and I got it after I came home from working at the farm; all sweaty and exhausted. Panic set it and I objected strongly to the idea of "invaders". I told her the lease said I had 48 hours for such things and she said she couldn't help it and she was "going to lose the house." A load of dung but I really had no choice in the matter, so yesterday's "day off work" was horrible. I have a tidy house but I'm wishing I had some time to recover. Back to work tomorrow and then I have Saturday off, unless I get wrangled in out of guilt.

Oh! I just remembered there's an orientation on Saturday, too. Nope! I won't be around. I need a day off, man! I can't fix all their problems. Ya know?

So that's what's going on with me. Save yourself the trouble of visiting my journal. Carry on, honey.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #2134
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh my gosh--I would have DIED if that happened to me. I do NOT like surprise visits at all. (I don't even really like planned visits all that much....hahahaha)

My low carb diet continues to rock. I'm sure I'm coming in around 10-15 carb grams a day this week, and I feel really good. Not weighing--scale in closed in behind the "plastic curtain" in my bedroom

Unbelievably, they are actually in my bathroom installing tile right now (on a Saturday? Wow.)

Here's an "in progress" photo you can compare to my "before"! I think I'm gonna love it!

Old 09-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #2135
Big Yapper!

It's pretty but you never did post the "before" pic.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #2136
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
It's pretty but you never did post the "before" pic.
Duly noted! Here you go--BEFORE!

P.S. Don't judge me. It's pretty awful....

Last edited by verbqueen; 09-14-2013 at 03:25 PM..
Old 09-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #2137
Blabbermouth!!!

Here's a slightly updated "after."

Old 09-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #2138
Big Yapper!

No judgment here! It takes a lot of guts to post before pics of a bathroom. Such a personal space. That's why I cringe whenever my landlady (in the past) has knocked on the door to ask to use it! I think I nipped that in the bud now.

I was watching a HGTV show today and they were demolishing a bathroom much like yours, with all the tile work. It ended up looking really nice but they went WAY overboard. It ended up garish, really. I'm sure yours will be tasteful and lovely. Can't wait! Bet you can't either.

Sleep tight.
Closed Thread