Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 08:55 PM   #2071
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
"I'm looking forward to watching True Blood tonight, and then calling it an early night. My boss and her hubby and her parrot are all coming to stay very early tomorrow morning. They are having their house tented for termites. So things will be a little hectic. It's possible that I won't be able to *micropost* tomorrow. I'm sure the Internet will be very relieved, haha." (Jessica)

What?? What kind of Parrot? They can be fun, entertaining and LOUD. I was once very tempted to buy an umbrella cockatoo but I realized that it was as they said, like "adopting a 2 year old that lived for 50 years and never grew up." That kind of made me back up, real slow.

How long will they be staying with you? Enjoy the ride!

I'm glad the pellets are helping you with your hunger now. I always took the blue bottle Vox pellets three times a day. It was the directions that were on the bottle, so that's what I went by. The new bottle of imposter pellets say the same thing: 4 pellets 3x/day. I stopped taking them a while ago. Need to regroup, refocus, reassess, re-whatever.

Sleep tight! Off to la la land now.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2013, 10:02 PM   #2072
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Actually, I've got the parrot, Oscar, here tonight. (My friend dropped him off because the pest control guys are coming really early tomorrow. I guess birds are VERY sensitive to pesticides.)

I can't remember what kind he is. He's a small parrot, and he's green. He talks a little. He says "Hi" and "Oscar" and "step up" and "whatcha doing?" He's in a heavy metal cage, but I'm still not comfortable with my two kitties roaming the house during the night with him here, so I'm closing them in my bedroom with me tonight. That probably won't make for a great night of sleeping for me....

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 08-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #2073
Big Yapper!

Oh, wow. I hope the parrot can sleep quietly. I hope they brought a cover to place over his cage. If they didn't, use a sheet or light blanket. That way the bird will stay asleep until you are ready to wake up. Having parakeets, I learned a thing or two about birds. Tucking them in gives you hours of rest. Good idea to put the kitties someplace else while you sleep.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:37 AM   #2074
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/244/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/IE
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
I'm just back from packing up boxes at Hallie's place. We got quite a bit done, but have MUCH MORE to do. I told her I'd come back Wednesday night and help her do some more. She has A LOT more stuff than when she moved into this place. (Old friends like Cheryl will remember me posting about how she and I spent weeks sitting on the floor of this apartment, assembling boxed IKEA furniture.) She has hired movers, but they won't pack, they'll only load and unload.

I've had another good, on-plan day and I'm feeling slimmer and happier already. I'm going to give myself a 9 for today. Hallie and I went out to lunch, to a greek place, and I had shish kabobs (beef with bell pepper and onion) and a greek salad. Pretty much right on plan, but since I can't track exactly how much I ate and such, I won't claim a ten for today. I did NOT eat any pita bread, which was a minor triumph. I'm not a big bread person, but a basket of warm pita bread is hard to resist.

I took a peach with me to H's place, but I didn't end up eating it. For dinner I had sirloin cubes and celery sticks. Think I'll just skip today's fruit altogether, since I don't know exactly what was on and in my lunch food. I feel plenty satiated.

Cheryl, I think these pellets are starting to work for me. My hunger is lessening. (Of course, I truly think that part of doing P2 is just getting used to not carrying around a "full gut," so to speak. It's such a change from how we feel when we've been eating a lot.) I think for me, these pellets work better 3 times a day than the early morning and late at night way I took my Vox pellets. Anyway--don't give up on them. Give them a chance.

I'm looking forward to watching True Blood tonight, and then calling it an early night. My boss and her hubby and her parrot are all coming to stay very early tomorrow morning. They are having their house tented for termites. So things will be a little hectic. It's possible that I won't be able to *micropost* tomorrow. I'm sure the Internet will be very relieved, haha.

Goodnight, my friends!

P.S. Jenn--what a great mom you are!
Hi Jessica! You are doing great

Btw, I LOVE Trueblood
Old 08-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #2075
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
You're doing great! Keep it up Jess. So happy for you. I can't seem to reign in my eating enough, and am trying to get used to slow losing, but those Hcg losses are so much fun!! KUTGW!
Old 08-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #2076
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, friends. Parrot is doing fine. I put my two kitties in my bedroom with me during the night, which didn't lead to great sleep, what with them stomping all over the bed all night, but did ease my mind about Oscar's safety. Right now, I have them out of my room. They are scared of Oscar, so I'm not really having to guard him too closely.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #2077
Blabbermouth!!!

Whoops. I accidentally hit "post" before I was finished. Anyway, yesterday was not stellar with the eating, although I didn't binge or anything. I took one of my most beloved choir kids out for lunch (she called and asked if we could go out. Her mom was at work and it was her last day of summer, and she was feeling lonely.) She requested the Japanese buffet, Todai. I was cautious--no noodles or rice or desserts or anything, but not sure what kinds of terrible sauces might have been on some of the meats I fished out of the stir-fries, or what dressings were on the salads. I feel like I did well, but my calories are a total question mark. I didn't even bother entering the meal on [calorie site which shall not be named], since I was so uncertain. I had a salad with some sliced leftover beef on it for dinner. So day not a total loss, but who knows? So I'm going to give myself a 7 for yesterday.

Today is going great--POP. Boss, her hubby and I are going out to dinner, once again at a Japanese place, but not buffet. I will be able to do fine there--I can have a salad and some simple protein item.

I'm still feeling super, like I always do on P2. Don't know where this newfound enthusiasm and energy has come from, but I'll simply be grateful and not wonder too much.

Julie, I think your instinct, just like Jen's, is guiding you to do what's best for you at THIS time in your life. If we can REALLY, REALLY listen to that wisdom inside of us, and not let it be drowned out be all those other competing voices, we know what's the right thing for each season in life. I sense that both of you are feeling a strong call to listen to your hunger, exercise your bodies, and nourish yourselves well. That's a whole different ballgame than something severe and, frankly, unnatural like hcg. And it's clearly what your bodies are calling out for. So get it, ladies.

Cheryl, obviously, you are in a seeking mode right now, trying to figure out what's right for you. That can take time, and can't be rushed. AND THAT'S OK.

Last edited by verbqueen; 08-20-2013 at 01:24 PM..
Old 08-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #2078
Blabbermouth!!!

One more P.S.:

I'm just back from the tile showroom, where I spent all morning with one of the designers, choosing what I'm going to put in my bathroom remodel. I'm very enthused.

I told the designer that I wanted to stick with less expensive ceramic tile rather than travertine or other natural stone, so that I could spend a little more on a custom vanity and on some glass block decorative work on my backsplash. For the same reason, I chose a quartz vanity top rather than granite or marble, because it can be purchased in a half slab rather than me having to buy a full slab and let most of it go to waste.

I'm not trying to be ultra cheapo with this remodel. I want it to be suitable for the standard of my neighborhood, but I don't want to spend $40K on it, either. My house is simple and classic in decor, rather than "grand." At the same time, this is one of the places in my home where I spend a LOT of time, what with my long bathtub reading sessions, and I want it to be a beautiful space that I can really enjoy.

So I feel like I've found a way to kinda do both--cost control and attractiveness. At least, I hope. They will put all the things I chose together in a computer generated drawing, and then I can see if I like the look. Meanwhile, I'm going to try to get a picture of the sample pieces I brought home so I can show you!
Old 08-20-2013, 01:45 PM   #2079
Blabbermouth!!!

So, the large darker one at the bottom is the floor tile. I specifically asked for something that would hide my long brown hair, which is always all over the floor no matter WHAT I do, plus the extraneous dust I seem to generate with my Bare Minerals make up. The beige looking tiles are for the shower stall and tub surround, with a crown molding finish for the tub surround. The glass tiles will be a decorative band running through the shower stall and along the backsplash of tub and countertop. The narrow gray thing will be around the shampoo niche in the shower, and the back of that will be more of the decorative glass tile. The speckly stuff is the quartz vanity top.

The vanity will be a distressed black. I think it will all look very nice together!

Last edited by verbqueen; 08-20-2013 at 01:49 PM..
Old 08-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #2080
Big Yapper!

Beautiful, Jess! Very appealing. Keeping an eye on the costs is not only smart, but necessary. Why go hog wild when something less expensive will look just as nice? I know you know. And I love your style. I would love a bathroom with those colors and patterns.

I didn't know you were a long-bath-reading-type-woman. I can't ever spend much time submerged. I am lucky if I can stay in the tub 10 or 15 minutes. Then I'm just "done." But it is very enjoyable.

Thanks for always being so understanding and supportive. You are a treasure and that is why we miss you so much when you up and vanish on us. I know I'm saying this too often these days but I just want you to grasp how much we notice your absence when you are away. Okay?

I'm achy (lower back) tonight and I am hoping I can get comfortable enough to have a good night's sleep. I'm happy to hear that things are going well with having Oscar there with you and that the kitties are keeping their distance. A healthy distance for all! Does Oscar wake you up before you're ready?

I don't know if you'll believe this but I have never been to a Japanese Restaurant in my life. I am very familiar with Chinese cuisine but other than Sushi, I have no idea what they serve in a Japanese place. And I've never had Sushi, either. I guess I have some experiences left to enjoy!

I'm happy to read that you're feeling "in the zone" right now. That's wonderful! We love you, cutie. KUTGW! We're here rooting for you.

I posted some pics of the reservoir on my journal tonight. They aren't great but I hope you enjoy them. Sweet dreams.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #2081
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Love your tile choices! Gorgeous!

At Japanese places (buffet or otherwise) I stick with Sashimi (which is like sushi only without the rice)
Old 08-21-2013, 07:00 AM   #2082
Major LCF Poster!

I concur...those are beautiful choices for your bathroom

Keep up the good work...I can really tell your in your zone
Old 08-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #2083
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, friends! It's nearly 1:30 and I'm still wearing my nightgown! Guess I'm trying to make the most out of the embers of summer!

I'm glad you like my tile choices. One thing about me--I know what I like as soon as I see it, and I'm not one to take home a million samples and agonize over choices. I'm the same with clothes, furniture, etc. I just want to pick what I like, buy it, and be done with it. Sadly, Dave is my opposite, and it takes him days and weeks to buy anything. He literally takes a clipboard with him when he shops, and writes down notes. I cannot STAND to shop with him.

I'm still doing well with the eating. Probably not quite low enough in calories these last couple of days to qualify as protocol, but certainly low enough for weight loss. It'll get easier when my friends (and Oscar) leave later today. I'm definitely not going off the rails or contemplating stopping.

I have a music rehearsal this afternoon, then a meeting at church, then running to Newport Beach to help H. pack some more. Probably will help her again tomorrow. Although she will still have her old apartment for another week, we certainly want to have the paid movers do as much of the lugging stuff up the stairs as possible!! But the good news is that we don't have to have her current apartment cleaned and empty for another week, so that does take some pressure off.

Dave is coming home for the weekend tomorrow, and that should be fun. Just can't let it mess up my eating!

That's all for now.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:17 PM   #2084
Big Yapper!

Wow, Jessica! So much happening in your life right now. I HATE moving. Where is Hallie moving to? What's the next step in her future? I would hate shopping with Dave, too. I like to go with my gut as well. When some salesperson comes up to me to be "helpful" and asks me what I'm looking for, I just want to send them packing so I can look around without being disturbed. I used to love to shop when I was still working as a nurse. OMG. How nice to have money.

Sleep well, darling. Glad Oscar is going back home. Always nice when life can get back to some semblance of normal.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #2085
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, world. My silly kitties are lying side by side, looking out the front door, pathetically grateful not to be cowering under the bed! I slept well because I kicked them out of my room, so no one stomped on me during the night!

Today, I plan to have a perfectly, 100% on-plan day and come in around 600-700 calories. I am feeling great, as I always do when I'm doing the hcg protocol.

I didn't end up helping Hallie last night. She didn't need it--she has almost everything boxed up. She gets the key to her new apartment (she's moving up the coast about 7 miles, to Huntington Beach, and saving $500 a month on rent by doing so) after work today, and the movers come early tomorrow. So the plan is that she and I will make a run to the new place tonight and take a load of her things--stuff that's too much trouble to box for movers, like her open bottles and jars from the refrigerator (new place has its own fridge) and bottles and jars of toiletries from the bathroom. I plan to bring home all of her bedding and towels with me so I can wash them tonight and deliver clean ones to her in her new place tomorrow.

Other than that, my day is my own, and it's a beautiful one. I'm seriously thinking that I may <gasp!!> exercise a little this morning. Nothing major, since I don't have many calories in me, but I feel like doing a Leslie Sansone video, just to work the kinks out.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

P.S. Cheryl, I enjoyed your photos so much. You live in such a beautiful area!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #2086
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Jessica! I'm definitely happy to hear about the desire to exercise. Definitely do it if you feel like it
Old 08-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #2087
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
You are such a good mom!
Old 08-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #2088
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Whoops. I accidentally hit "post" before I was finished. Anyway, yesterday was not stellar with the eating, although I didn't binge or anything. I took one of my most beloved choir kids out for lunch (she called and asked if we could go out. Her mom was at work and it was her last day of summer, and she was feeling lonely.) She requested the Japanese buffet, Todai. I was cautious--no noodles or rice or desserts or anything, but not sure what kinds of terrible sauces might have been on some of the meats I fished out of the stir-fries, or what dressings were on the salads. I feel like I did well, but my calories are a total question mark. I didn't even bother entering the meal on [calorie site which shall not be named], since I was so uncertain. I had a salad with some sliced leftover beef on it for dinner. So day not a total loss, but who knows? So I'm going to give myself a 7 for yesterday.

Today is going great--POP. Boss, her hubby and I are going out to dinner, once again at a Japanese place, but not buffet. I will be able to do fine there--I can have a salad and some simple protein item.

I'm still feeling super, like I always do on P2. Don't know where this newfound enthusiasm and energy has come from, but I'll simply be grateful and not wonder too much.

Julie, I think your instinct, just like Jen's, is guiding you to do what's best for you at THIS time in your life. If we can REALLY, REALLY listen to that wisdom inside of us, and not let it be drowned out be all those other competing voices, we know what's the right thing for each season in life. I sense that both of you are feeling a strong call to listen to your hunger, exercise your bodies, and nourish yourselves well. That's a whole different ballgame than something severe and, frankly, unnatural like hcg. And it's clearly what your bodies are calling out for. So get it, ladies.

Cheryl, obviously, you are in a seeking mode right now, trying to figure out what's right for you. That can take time, and can't be rushed. AND THAT'S OK.
I know that kind of euphoric feeling of Hcg, I always felt good on it, until day 23 or so. It's such a successful way to lose. I'm not ruling it out completely, but right now while I'm working on the fitness and exercise component, I know I couldn't do Hcg. I'm having a hard enough time trying to keep it at 1500 cals a day! And I suspect I should try to go lower to lose, but I don't know if the talk about metabolism and high enough calories follows for me? I'm mulling .

Quote:
Hey, friends! It's nearly 1:30 and I'm still wearing my nightgown! Guess I'm trying to make the most out of the embers of summer!

I'm glad you like my tile choices. One thing about me--I know what I like as soon as I see it, and I'm not one to take home a million samples and agonize over choices. I'm the same with clothes, furniture, etc. I just want to pick what I like, buy it, and be done with it. Sadly, Dave is my opposite, and it takes him days and weeks to buy anything. He literally takes a clipboard with him when he shops, and writes down notes. I cannot STAND to shop with him.

I'm still doing well with the eating. Probably not quite low enough in calories these last couple of days to qualify as protocol, but certainly low enough for weight loss. It'll get easier when my friends (and Oscar) leave later today. I'm definitely not going off the rails or contemplating stopping.

I have a music rehearsal this afternoon, then a meeting at church, then running to Newport Beach to help H. pack some more. Probably will help her again tomorrow. Although she will still have her old apartment for another week, we certainly want to have the paid movers do as much of the lugging stuff up the stairs as possible!! But the good news is that we don't have to have her current apartment cleaned and empty for another week, so that does take some pressure off.

Dave is coming home for the weekend tomorrow, and that should be fun. Just can't let it mess up my eating!

That's all for now.
Ah, Newport. My old stomping grounds. I miss it, and that beach lifestyle (and weather!). Love Huntingdon too! I worked in Huntingdon in college, and loved hanging out there. Slater's 50/50 HB location rocks! Highly recommend that place (love bacon!). I'm jealous of your dd.
be strong this weekend. Social eating is so hard on Hcg, but you know what to do.
I'm plugging away. Trying to be patient, and focusing on building strength, stamina and fitness. This is new for me. I've always wanted to exercise to lose weight, but I know that's not gonna cut it, especially for metabolically, hypothyroid and hormonally imbalanced me! But, it's coming along and eventually (6months?) should improve my body shape and metabolic rate. That's the plan at least .

Have a good weekend all!
Old 08-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #2089
Blabbermouth!!!

Sounds like you are doing fantastic! Enjoy your Leslie video if you end up doing one!
Old 08-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #2090
Blabbermouth!!!

Julie, I LOVE Slater's! We have our very own, just over the hill from me in Anaheim Hills. It's the perfect place for doing Atkins, and it even works for hcg, if you're rogue. You can get a turkey patty and then have them pile it with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, cucumber slices, etc, topped off with mustard, and then they will lettuce wrap it for you!
Old 08-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #2091
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi Jessica,
Rather than filling up Julie's blog... So, on the GYCD... how much GY do you eat in one day? Calories? Just wondering.
Thanks!
Old 08-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #2092
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi, Debby! Nice to see you here.

What I did was eat 2 16 oz Trader Joe's tubs, so 4 8 oz servings over the course of a day. One time I added up the calories and it was a significant amount, so I wonder if it works a bit like a fat fast. In any case, it always caused me to drop around 2 pounds, sometimes more.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:55 AM   #2093
Blabbermouth!!!

Friends, just a quick check-in for me this morning. Dave got switch to an earlier flight into Orange County, so I don't have to go all the way to LAX (LOUD hoorays!!!!), but I have to go earlier than I was expecting. It's convenient though, because he gets in at 11:15, and John Wayne airport is 10 minutes from Hallie's apartment, and her movers are coming at noon. So we should get there in time to actually be of some help to her.

I had my normal protocol breakfast (40 calorie toast with no-cal spray and black coffee) and will hope for the best for the rest of the day. I'm going to tote along a few cans of diet soda. That should help with appetite control in the event that lunch doesn't happen for a while.

Will check in again tonight after all the hubbub dies down. Happy Friday!
Old 08-23-2013, 10:35 AM   #2094
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi, Debby! Nice to see you here.

What I did was eat 2 16 oz Trader Joe's tubs, so 4 8 oz servings over the course of a day. One time I added up the calories and it was a significant amount, so I wonder if it works a bit like a fat fast. In any case, it always caused me to drop around 2 pounds, sometimes more.
Hi,
That's cool... so I looked it up:
Trader Joe - Greek Style Plain Yogurt, Full Fat, 2 container (2 cups ea.) 1,040 calories 56 carbs 72 fat 36 protein

So its not that actually that high in cals. You don't feel hungry doing this? Do you add anything to it? or just use it to keep hunger down?

I'm just looking for another tool for maintenance. Thanks!
Old 08-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #2095
Big Yapper!

Hi, ladies. Jessica, sounds like you're doing really well so far. KUTGW! I'm glad you like the pics.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #2096
Blabbermouth!!!

Howdy, friends. Apologies for being scarce the last few days. It's been a wild weekend, with Hallie's move (which we're about finished with, thank goodness), plus we'll be celebrating her birthday, which is Tuesday, with her dad this afternoon before he goes back to Seattle. Then I'll just collapse from exhaustion.

Regarding the yogurt, Debby, I put the flavored Davinci or Torani SF syrups in--my favorites are pineapple, lemon and cherry. Sometimes I'll put fresh berries in, too, if I have any on hand. And yes, I find it quite appetite satisfying!

Must run. Will be back on my normal schedule tomorrow.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #2097
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello Lovely Jessica!

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
Old 08-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #2098
Blabbermouth!!!

One more thing--as you may be able to tell, since I'm posting on a Sunday morning, I am skipping church today! I almost NEVER miss, and this is kinda my last chance before all the fall choirs begin, so I promised to spent the morning with Dave. We're about to go on a motorcycle ride (scary....)

Jenn Talk to you soon!
Old 08-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #2099
Big Yapper!

Did u have a good ride? Hope so!
Old 08-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #2100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Jessica,
I did the GY day yesterday. Interesting... It kind of made my stomach feel queasy... but nothing I couldn't handle.
Question: Does it clean you out? It did me, but I was also taking magnesium, so wasn't sure which caused it.
(oh, it also did help drop the wt... but the clean-out could of been why!)
Closed Thread