Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #2041
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
You are doing so great!!!!

One thing that has helped me is to just tell myself "I can't eat it anyway" and find something I can eat. In fact, that was the first thing that went through my head when I read about the cake and sandwiches. Didn't even sound good to me.

I'm pulling for you for a 10 day tomorrow!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #2042
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
WTG, Jessica. I have to ask you something about the newest pellets. I find that they don't cut the hunger sensations the way the other Vox pellets did, in the blue bottle. Are you finding that to be true too? It's very discouraging. I don't understand why the blue Vox pellets have vanished from the face of the earth.

Try to rest in between all your social gatherings!
Old 08-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #2043
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Cheryl, I do indeed still struggle with feeling very hungry, but I'm hoping that if I experiment a little bit with dosage times and amounts maybe I can make it go away. And yes, why oh why did they take away our beloved "blue bottle" pellets?

I'm going to try a little experiment today. I plan to be home all day. (Waiting for contractor. I'm remodeling my INCREDIBLY GROSS master bathroom, hooray hooray!) I think I'll just try to update continually to hold myself accountable.

Right now, I am a "10" on my plan. I had my pellets and then my breakfast, which was my slice of 40 calorie toast, plus black coffee. I feel great right now, but I just ate an hour and a half ago. I'm thinking I'll have more pellets at around 11, and then lunch (P2 chili) at noon.

My real hunger time seems to be around 3:00, when every day I find myself thinking something along the lines of "I'm going to DIE OF STARVATION before I ever get to dinner."

So maybe I'll just decided right now to have a hot cup of chicken broth, maybe with some hot sauce in it, at 3:00. Hot beverages and spicy foods are both hunger suppressing for me.

Anyhoo, if you guys see a whole big slew of posts popping up from me today, just ignore. I'm just going to check in really often and see if I can sustain an entire day of "10."

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 08-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #2044
Blabbermouth!!!

P.S. One more post to note that with my previous hcg rounds, I noticed that the pellets actually seemed to make me hungrier right after the dose, so I got into the habit of taking half in the early a.m., then not taking any more all day, then taking the other half just before I went to sleep at night. I have continued to do this, but maybe for this brand I'd be better off taking as directed, in three doses, so that's what I plan to do today. We shall see if it makes a difference.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #2045
Blabbermouth!!!

12:30, and I'm eating my lunch of P2 chili and half a peach. (I know peaches aren't protocol, but the apples at the grocery store looked terrible. This peach is nothing to write home about, either, though. Kinda mealy and bland.)

I feel good. No particular hunger this morning. Morning is not my problem, though. It's that long stretch of afternoon before dinnertime that gets me. Seems like once I've eaten my last meal and I'm done for the day, I can set thoughts of eating aside until morning.

So, in looking back through my journal and remembering that first, glorious round when I was so filled with hope and anticipation, I recall that I sort of approached myself, my eating, my hunger as though I were a living science experiment. I thought, and wrote, about how I felt day to day, even hour to hour. I wonder if that level of minute focus isn't simply what is required to be able to do this hard thing.

This time around, I've been taking the approach of "hey, you know how to do this, so just get on with it and don't obsess." But that hasn't been working at all. Maybe obsessing is necessary. So here I go--obsessing.

So far, I'm still a 10! Onward into the fray!
Old 08-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #2046
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/244/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/IE
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Obsess away if you need to! I was definitely obsessed my first round of HHCG
Old 08-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #2047
Blabbermouth!!!

2:00. Just took midday dose of pellets. I didn't get it in before lunch because I put my bleaching trays in and wanted to get all the chemicals out of there before taking any pellets.

The witching hour of 3:00 approaches, but I won't be home. I'm headed to the tile and fixtures stores to start shopping for my bathroom remodel.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #2048
Blabbermouth!!!

Jen!
Old 08-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #2049
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jessica!!! You've got this!
Old 08-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #2050
Blabbermouth!!!

4:15 here. I'm hungry, but so far, still in control.

Dang--the tile place was completely overwhelming. (Mostly because it all looked so much alike!) I made an appointment to sit down with one of their decorators on Tuesday and let her help me.

I also got overwhelmed looking at bathtubs. What I have now is a jacuzzi tub, but I don't want jets and a motor this time (too hard to keep clean, plus I never use the jets anyway, since I have a jacuzzi outside anyway.) But I don't want your basic shallow tub, I want a deep one I can soak in. But I don't want all those handles and bars and things they put all over fiberglass tubs.

I may end up asking my contractor to just pick one for me.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #2051
Blabbermouth!!!

Whew! I made it through the minefield until dinnertime.

I'm having a chicken cutlet (chicken breasts sliced into thin pieces--they were on sale at the grocery) which I pounded even flatter, sprinkled with Montreal chicken seasoning and sauteed in my nonstick skillet. I made a sauce out of 1 T of FF sour cream (10 calories) and 1 T of dijon (5 calories), some fresh ground pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. Tastes pretty good--rather like Cheryl's fabulous pork tenderloin recipe. Celery sticks on the side.

I have a serving of frozen strawberries for later.

Creative. Have to be creative.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #2052
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
I'm happy to "see" you here! I love that you know your plan so well that you can jump into it at any time. I've lost my motivation to do anything other than maintain!
Old 08-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #2053
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi, Heidi! So nice to see all the cute kid pix on FB!

So, put me down for a TEN today! 650 calories, and I feel pretty good, to boot. Obviously, I need to focus. So tomorrow, you can expect another endless series of tedious posts full of minute details. If that's what I have to do, that's what I'll do.

Night, all.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:26 AM   #2054
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jessica! Wowzers...650 cals!! You did awesome

So proud of you
Old 08-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #2055
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks, girlfriend! I'm feeling pretty good about that. First challenge is getting that first truly POP day under my belt. You can't go anywhere until you do that. In my experience, the next challenge is stringing together about 3 days in a row. Once I've done that, I'm generally on a roll and nothing can stop me.

I've got to post and dash today. I'm going to a funeral this morning. An acquaintance, a lady I play bridge with in several groups, committed suicide last week. I didn't know her extremely well, but I feel like I need to show her surviving adult children that she had a community, that she had friends. Under the circumstances, I feel like it might be a comfort to them to see "oh, look at all mom's friends who showed up." So all of us "bridge ladies" are planning to go.

After that, a challenge. I have to go out to lunch with my book club. Although we don't meet in the summer, we always have a nice lunch out, no books, just to touch base during the summer.

I think I'll be fine. I've had plenty of practice with dining out on protocol. Salad with protein, no cheese, dressing on side, right?

I'll be back after lunch, because my plan is another day of micromanagement and excessive postings.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #2056
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, no...so sorry to hear about your loss Jessica I am sending you positive vibes and big hugs
Old 08-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #2057
Blabbermouth!!!

So sorry to hear about your bridge friend.

Good luck with your lunch!
Old 08-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #2058
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, girls. Turned out that the funeral was absolutely mobbed. Many of us had to park at a strip mall across the street from the church because the church parking lot was packed. So I'm sure that was a comfort to her family. I learned something I didn't know about her. I knew she was widowed about 15 years ago, at age 45. But I assumed it was a heart attack or something. But it was a car accident, and she was driving and her husband was in the passenger seat. His seatbelt broke in half (it was a recall defect that they hadn't gotten around to having fixed yet) and he was thrown from the car and killed on impact. She blamed herself and never got over it. So I guess that's what the suicide was about. So sad.

I did fairly well on eating at lunch, I think. I ordered a caprese salad (tomato slices and mozzarella slices) with no dressing, and just ate the tomato slices. I had a cup of chicken tortilla soup with that and fished out the chicken pieces and at the broth. Tonight I'll have some sirloin steak and a salad, then maybe a peach later.

It's 4:10 and I'm feeling pretty hungry, but I'm trying to wait until 5:30 to eat dinner. I have a guy coming at 5 to measure my bathroom windows, and I don't want to start my preparations until after that. But I'm not gnaw-my-own-arm-off hungry, more like just aware that mealtime is approaching. So I think I should be fine.

My contractor suggested replacing the two large windows that sit above my bathtub with "rainglass" windows. Privacy is an issue, because the bedrooms of the 2 story house next door look right down into my bathtub! I have blinds on those two windows now, but they look terrible because they always get splashed with water. The rainglass will require no window treatment, which will let in lots of light. So I'm excited about that. I'd never have thought of it. Guess that's why you hire a contractor, huh?

Back later.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #2059
Blabbermouth!!!

So, tonight I made my usual sauteed sirloin cubes, but instead of dipping them in a smidge of SF ketchup like I usually do, I once again made my ff sour cream/dijon sauce like last night, and drizzled that on top. Nice change!

My guy called and cancelled at 5:45, just as I was on the verge of starving to death. He's coming in the morning, instead. I told him not before 9:30, dangit. I wanted to have a nice sleep-in tomorrow.

Only have one dose of pellets in so far today, so I'll pop dose number two in in about a half hour, then take the last dose right before I go to sleep.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #2060
Blabbermouth!!!

629 calories today. I'm going to give myself another 10!
Old 08-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #2061
Blabbermouth!!!

I love caprese salad! One of my favorites. Sounds like you had a great day food wise.

The Cub Scout Pack that my youngest belongs to sells popcorn once a year for a fundraiser. Our selling period is August-October and we have what we call Show and Sells. Basically we set up outside a place of business and sell popcorn. Sound fun? lol
Old 08-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #2062
Blabbermouth!!!

Ah yes, Jenn, I was a GS leader for six years! I spent many a Saturday sitting at a folding table outside the grocery store selling GS cookies! Have fun. Those years seems so long when you're in them, but in the blink of an eye, those babies are adults. So just enjoy!

So I had a rough night, and I think it's because I'm in hard ketosis. I didn't have full-on leg cramps, but woke up several times with that overstimulated feeling I always get when in ketosis, mind racing, muscles jumpy, and my legs felt like they were about to cramp, if that makes any sense. I imagine I've dumped off a bunch of fluid in the last couple of days, with the severely limited calories, and that's why the legs are threatening to cramp. I'll take some mineral supplements today and maybe drink some salty chicken broth before bed.

On the upside, I am already starting to feel much thinner. I'm getting that flat-belly feeling you get when there's nothing in your gut, and it feels great!

Today is a crucial day. Three days seems to be something of a tipping point for me. If I can get three days of success in a row, I have a much greater chance of going the distance. So my plan is:

B: 40 calorie toast w/ zero calorie spray, black coffee (already had this)
L: P2 chili, T. of ff sour cream (guess this makes me rogue, but hey, this stuff didn't exist in the 50s, and it's ten calories!)
D: I'm thinking I'll try a new "recipe" for a chicken cutlet. I'll pound it thin and pan "saute" it with mexican seasonings, and then make a sauce of 1 T. of ff sour cream with maybe a t. of salsa and some cumin, and drizzle that over the top., plus a peach or a nectarine.

Obvi, I'm having some fun with the ff sour cream. A ten calorie tablespoon of it goes a long way as a sauce, when you thin it down by adding salsa or mustard to it. Bet Frank's hot sauce would be good in there too, as kind of a buffalo sauce. Or maybe horseradish and a squirt of Worcestershire, over beef!

OK--window measuring guy is here, so I should go. Back later!

Last edited by verbqueen; 08-17-2013 at 09:52 AM..
Old 08-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #2063
Blabbermouth!!!

Also, as you can see, I'm currently substituting other fruits for apples, my usual standby. There are no apples in my stores right now except the standard granny smiths and delicious, neither of which I like. If i can't get Honeycrisps or Jonagolds, I'll just wait. I suppose this also makes me rogue, or as they used to crack me up by saying around LCF, "rouge." However, I don't think the calorie difference is meaningful, and in my heart, I truly believe that it's mostly about the calorie deficit.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #2064
Blabbermouth!!!

Feeling a little hungry this afternoon, but it's almost dinnertime, so I'll make it. Forgot my midday dose of pellets, so I'll do what I did yesterday, some after dinner and the last dose right before I go to sleep.

Don't look now, but I'm looking pretty good to make it through day 3 successfully!
Old 08-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #2065
Blabbermouth!!!

Finished up the day at 688 calories. A strange thing happened. I pounded my chicken cutlet VERY thin, and it broke into several big, very thin pieces. And then, I was too full to finish them, and put a couple of the pieces into a baggie in the fridge for tomorrow.

Weird. I don't think I've ever had THAT happen while on P2.

I'm off to watch some NFL preseason football. Ian and Dave are at the Seahawks/Broncos game tonight. Dave's company has a box. So I told them to moon the camera so I'd see them, hahahaha!

Day three was a success, and I can't wait to also have Day 4 under my belt. Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:29 AM   #2066
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning, world. I woke up to day 4, feeling great! I'm feeling guilty about not having my "WOE" info below my avatar in an updated state. I've been on and off (and ultimately failed at) so many plans this summer, I'm almost afraid that I'll jinx myself if I change any stats. So for now I'm going to leave it.

I just really feel like this stab at P2 is going to "take." I feel like I have the energy and enthusiasm for it, and the commitment to see it through. Why are we able to be successful sometimes, and not at others? I really don't know...

I've got an emotional morning ahead at church. This will be the last Sunday for our minister, who's taken a new church in another state. He's been a very embattled person. We were all THRILLED when he first came--he has a very dynamic, charismatic personality, and then gradually we all began to see that he's....well, a manipulative egomaniac. But I adore his lovely children, who all sang in my choirs and whom Hallie used to babysit, when she still lived at home. I'll miss them terribly. But I think it's best for our church and for him that we part ways. So like with so many things in life, some sorrow and joy all rolled into one messy bundle.

After that, I'm going straight to Hallie's place to help her pack for her move, which is next Saturday. She's hired movers, but we are going to pack up her kitchen and box it ourselves. The movers are only handling the big stuff.

So I don't know if I'll be able to "micromanage" my day on LCF like I've been doing the last few days. I'll take my iPad and try, though! My excessive posting has definitely been HUGELY helpful at keeping me on plan!

Later, friends.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #2067
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
"Some sorrow and joy all rolled into one messy bundle." That about sums it up! I think you'll be happier when the minister is gone. Too bad his kids can't stay.

I'm glad you're in a good groove right now, Jessica. Post away! Sorry to hear that your pellets leave you hungry, too. I remember back when we had the right ones and there were rumors floating around for literally years about them taking them off the market. At first I got caught up in that and ordered a few extra bottles, but then I thought it was a clever marketing ploy. I sincerely regret not taking it seriously now.

March on, my friend. So sorry about the lady who took her life. What a terrible thing she's had to live with all these years since her husband was killed. I pray that the Lord is merciful to all those who have taken their lives and felt they had no other choice.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:08 PM   #2068
Blabbermouth!!!

You're doing a super job of keeping on track, Jessica!

p.s. I do cookies too!
Old 08-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #2069
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm just back from packing up boxes at Hallie's place. We got quite a bit done, but have MUCH MORE to do. I told her I'd come back Wednesday night and help her do some more. She has A LOT more stuff than when she moved into this place. (Old friends like Cheryl will remember me posting about how she and I spent weeks sitting on the floor of this apartment, assembling boxed IKEA furniture.) She has hired movers, but they won't pack, they'll only load and unload.

I've had another good, on-plan day and I'm feeling slimmer and happier already. I'm going to give myself a 9 for today. Hallie and I went out to lunch, to a greek place, and I had shish kabobs (beef with bell pepper and onion) and a greek salad. Pretty much right on plan, but since I can't track exactly how much I ate and such, I won't claim a ten for today. I did NOT eat any pita bread, which was a minor triumph. I'm not a big bread person, but a basket of warm pita bread is hard to resist.

I took a peach with me to H's place, but I didn't end up eating it. For dinner I had sirloin cubes and celery sticks. Think I'll just skip today's fruit altogether, since I don't know exactly what was on and in my lunch food. I feel plenty satiated.

Cheryl, I think these pellets are starting to work for me. My hunger is lessening. (Of course, I truly think that part of doing P2 is just getting used to not carrying around a "full gut," so to speak. It's such a change from how we feel when we've been eating a lot.) I think for me, these pellets work better 3 times a day than the early morning and late at night way I took my Vox pellets. Anyway--don't give up on them. Give them a chance.

I'm looking forward to watching True Blood tonight, and then calling it an early night. My boss and her hubby and her parrot are all coming to stay very early tomorrow morning. They are having their house tented for termites. So things will be a little hectic. It's possible that I won't be able to *micropost* tomorrow. I'm sure the Internet will be very relieved, haha.

Goodnight, my friends!

P.S. Jenn--what a great mom you are!
Old 08-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #2070
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad to hear you had a good day! Love a good Greek salad!
Good luck with your guests tomorrow.

P.S. Thanks
Closed Thread