Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 02:18 PM   #2011
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Howdy, friends! I overslept this morning (bad night) and had to blow out the door to VBS this morning without any internet catch-up time.

My day yesterday was totally derailed at Mona's. Her husband and his guests had fixed us a really nice dinner (one that was not in any way close to protocol) and had the table set and waiting when I got there. So I just ate it and called it a second load day--which I probably needed to do anyway. So TODAY is VLCD 1. Going fine, and not leaving the house again today, so I shouldn't run into any complications.

Mona was feeling somewhat better when I got there yesterday, and she didn't sleep. We just sat in her living room and visited, after we ate and I did the dishes.

No other news here. I slept badly, thanks to some noisy kitties, and am really exhausted, so I'm off to take a nice nap.

Later, my friends.

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2013, 08:48 PM   #2012
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I hope you're fast asleep and all kitties are locked in a sound-proof room for the night. I never thought of cats as being sleep destroyers but that's cause I haven't owned cats for decades. Dogs just seem better apt to wreck a night's sleep but I guess cats are just more subtle with their tactics. Or are they?

I'm glad you had a good visit with Mona. And the second load day was meant to be. God bless this round for you and I'm glad Mona is feeling better. Night, my friend. I'm heading to bed too.

I sold my Nikon D40X! I finally sold it. A woman is driving tomorrow and meeting me at a mid-way point to pick it up. It's a great deal and I'm so happy that FINALLY I found someone that knows its value. I naturally dropped the price cause that makes the buyer feel like they're getting a better deal, but she won't be disappointed with this camera and all the accessories that it comes with. I charged both batteries tonight so they will be ready for her tomorrow. We meet at 1pm. At Chili's, where I will celebrate afterward by having a draft beer and an order of chili con queso and chips. I'm not dieting so what the hell. Must celebrate selling the camera, right????

Love ya, cutie. Rest well and have a great VLCD1 tomorrow.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:58 AM   #2013
Blabbermouth!!!

Headed out to VBS, but I'll be back later. 'Grats on the camera, chickadee!
Old 08-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #2014
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey friends. I'm alive here, but VBS is kicking my butt this week. Today was our long day--we had a cookout followed by waterslides and outdoor fun. (We rent them from one of those companies that rents out bounce-houses and such.) I worked the crowd hard with flyers for my choir program. We had several non-member families there this week, so maybe some of them might like to come.

So I came to a conclusion yesterday. I just CAN'T eat protocol food. It was making me feel weak and miserable. I'm not really sure why, but it's just making me miserable right now, and if your head and heart aren't in it, you cannot succeed, as we all know.

So I'm going to keep taking the pellets, but I switched back to the fat fest diet yesterday. Yes, I know that i won't lose as fast on 1000 calories a day, but it seems so much more do-able, and I'm already much happier. So we shall see how this goes.

In other news, I put my old game table and chairs on Craig's List (not for sale, but for free) and had about 25 responses. Hopefully, the guy I just talked to will be here very soon to take it away. I put it out on my driveway, and I don't even intend to interact with him at all. I just want it to be gone. Then soon, very very soon, my car will have its stall back!
Old 08-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #2015
Big Yapper!

"Fat fest." Were you trying to do the rogue plan with P2 chili like last time, or were you trying real Simeons? I hope you have great success in the least painful way. Also hope the people come for the free table and chairs. Your car will be happy.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:35 AM   #2016
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/237.8/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hi Jess! Sorry to hear that the protocol wasn't working for you. I did 1 round and was done....i was never able to go with protocol. But, I lost very well. I'm sure you will do fine. The fat fast seemed to be working for you. My DF always says to me that this is not a race Hugs Jessica!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:51 AM   #2017
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, Jen and Cheryl. LOL@ "fat fest." That must've been a Freudian typo, haha. It IS kind of a joyous festival of my favorite food group, though!

And yes, Jen--the protocol really, REALLY works, but that first time, I spent months summoning the kind of emotional investment and energy it takes to stay with it, and I don't seem to have the reserves to do it right now. Maybe later?

I'm at 245 calories and 87% fat right now, and am headed out the door for the last day of VBS. From there, I will hop in the car and go straight to Long Beach (a good 40 minute drive from YL) to have a chemical peel. I bought it on Living Social several months ago and realized I needed to redeem it pretty quickly because it was going to expire. I have no idea what to expect--whether my face will be "disfigured" for a few days or what. Me and my crazy Living Social and Groupon med spa adventures....We'll see! I will report later.

Love you girls.

Last edited by verbqueen; 08-02-2013 at 08:53 AM..
Old 08-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #2018
Big Yapper!

Good luck with the peal! I hope you can "lay low" for a while as your face recovers. I hope you love the results. Enjoy the festival!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #2019
Blabbermouth!!!

Update on the peely-face:

So, the esthetician made me feel great! She said "you've had Botox and some filler, right?" and I said "nope." She said "wow--your face looks amazing. No wrinkles. Hard to believe you're 56." Salesmanship, maybe--but I enjoyed it all the same.

First she used a rotating tool that looked pretty much like a Dremel tool to me to do a microdermabrasion. The she applied three different layers of gels, each of which stung and made my face feel hotter than the one before it. She sent me away with instructions not to get any water on my face until tomorrow, so I can't wash my face before bed. I HATE that. My face is all sticky and gummy, but she said the products are self-neutralizing and need 24 hours to finish processing.

She also sent me home with a bag of cleanser, moisturizer and anti-itch/rash cream which I am to start using tomorrow

She said the peeling could start as early as tomorrow, but probably won't start until Sunday. Right now, I look slightly red, and very shiny and sticky.

Further reports tomorrow!

Last edited by verbqueen; 08-02-2013 at 08:39 PM..
Old 08-03-2013, 07:34 AM   #2020
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Jessica-did I ask what your VBS theme was? I can't remember! Good luck with your peel...not sure I could that!
Old 08-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #2021
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning, friends! Washed my face and applied various lotions they sent home with me. Still not peeling, but my skin looks utterly pore-less (undoubtedly because it is probably swollen.) Sure felt GREAT to wash my face. I had a hard time sleeping because my face, neck and chest (they did my neck and chest, too) were all gummy and slightly sticky. Neck and chest are quite red. Face isn't.

Jenn, our VBS was a mountain theme, so we constructed a large set on the chancel of our sanctuary, with a huge stack of chairs and some tall ladders draped with gray spray-painted canvas serving as mountains--they looked great!--and a forest of artificial Christmas trees. There was a large backdrop with mountains and sky that we had applied to a big piece of foam display board, and also a "stream" made of blue spray-painted canvas. It all looked great!

Each day there was a different biblical mountain story--Moses receiving the commandments, Elijah vs. Baal, etc. It was a nice curriculum. I've seen several other churches around here using it--you know how that goes! Everybody uses the popular VBS package!

Friends, I am REALLY struggling with an out of control appetite. I am experiencing great difficulty getting rolling with my diet plan. I'm hoping today is the day I turn the corner. I'm going to try to get that fat % really up there--all the way to 90, if I can, and be super conscientious with my pellet doses. I've just GOT to get a handle on my appetite or I'm never going to make any progress.

Got a nice, empty day today--read for peeling, haha! Plan to putter around the house. Back later!
Old 08-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #2022
Big Yapper!

Why did you do the peal if your skin is so nice already? Just curious. I know we all want to look our best but after hearing what she said to you, it made me wonder why she didn't just send you packing. "You don't need me, honey!" Sorry you had a sticky icky night.

Sorry your appetite is giving you trouble right now. I can totally sympathize because that is what prevents me from getting off the ground many times when I try a restart. I hope things improve quickly. Being in control is such a great feeling.

What are you wanting to eat while you're fat fasting? Carbs? I'm hooked on carbs right now. It's pathetic, really. It's a never-ending trap. When will I learn?

If you want to feel better, go read about my kayaking lesson. It will no doubt make you feel better about your day.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #2023
Blabbermouth!!!

LOL, Cheryl. I will head right over to your page!

I need to get realistic with myself. Although the first time I did an hcg round, I prepared myself in advance for weeks, even months, and never lost a step once I jumped off the finish line, that is NOT how I usually get started with a diet.

What I usually do is take 2 steps forward, one step back for several days or weeks before I FINALLY get my head in it and get going. So if I throw my hands up and quit, I'll quit before I get to that magical day where it finally clicks. So I'll keep struggling along and try to believe that TODAY is that magical day.

I think it is. I really do. The day is half over and I'm feeling strong and satiated, and am currently right at 90% fat. I can do this. I can do this.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #2024
Blabbermouth!!!

Note to anyone who's fat fasting (or fat festing, as I prefer to do it, heehee.) I just had the BEST lunch! I was frying a pound of bacon this morning, mostly to get the drippings, when I remember a wonderful salad we used to eat when I was a kid in Texas. We called it wilted lettuce, but country folks used to call it "killed lettuce." Ha--that cracks me up.

Anyway, I left a couple of tablespoons of the hot drippings in the pan, added a splash of vinegar, a dash of sweetener and some salt and pepper, then threw in 2 cups of lettuce and stirred around till slightly wilted! Delish! And since iceberg lettuce is hardly even a food, so lacking in nutrients as it is, it doesn't really change the macros, just serves as a way to get the delicious bacon drippings from the plate to the mouth!

Oh--and I crumbled in a couple of slices of hot bacon, too!
Old 08-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #2025
Big Yapper!

Nice job! Thanks for your post on my day of mixed blessings. I am feeling better now but it was hard to swallow. I'm glad you get me.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #2026
Blabbermouth!!!

Sounds like a fun VBS theme! I hear you about the "popular" VBS. We did Kingdom Rock and it seems like everywhere I look that's what other churches are doing too!

You will get a hold of your appetite...hang in there!
Old 08-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #2027
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm feeling pleased. I just finished my food for the day (good lord willing) and I came out at 1100 something calories and 90% fat! That's as close as I believe I've managed to come to doing the "fat fest" (heehee) exactly on the nose!

Now, if I can just have a pleasant evening of TV and reading WITHOUT eating anything else that might mess up my numbers, I will prove myself right--today IS the magic day I get my act together and quit struggling.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #2028
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm feeling pleased. I just finished my food for the day (good lord willing) and I came out at 1100 something calories and 90% fat! That's as close as I believe I've managed to come to doing the "fat fest" (heehee) exactly on the nose!

Now, if I can just have a pleasant evening of TV and reading WITHOUT eating anything else that might mess up my numbers, I will prove myself right--today IS the magic day I get my act together and quit struggling.

P.S. Still no peeling. Hopefully, that will stay the case until sometime after church tomorrow.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #2029
Big Yapper!

You can do this, sweetie. I believe in you.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #2030
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope you sleep better tonight!

Great job on your food!
Old 08-04-2013, 08:17 AM   #2031
Blabbermouth!!!

So, good news and bad. Bad news--I was starving by bedtime, and did eat more. Good news--I ate a packet of that coconut manna that I get at the health food store. It's nearly all fat and fiber, so my fat % stayed high.

I feel pretty good about it, and feel positive that I can do even better today!

Meanwhile, my face is tight and shiny today, and itches a bit. I think the peeling is about to start. However, I'm grateful that it hasn't started yet, so I can go to church looking fairly normal. I need to pass out flyers for my annual "Swim and Sing" party for choir kids next weekend.

The esthetician and I didn't talk about makeup, but my plan is to do a full eye makeup, since that area obviously wasn't treated, and to dust some Bare Minerals on top of my "special moisturizer" that they gave me. Don't see how it could hurt, since it's not a chemical, just some ground up rocks, right? And I am NOT a bare-face kinda gal.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #2032
Big Yapper!

I don't see how brushing ground up rocks on your face could hurt you any. Sounds like a good idea. I go barefaced all the time but that's cause I have an oily complexion and it just gets shiny and needs to be wiped or washed off through the day. And I sweat at the farm and then it's "game over." Bug spray is a frequent application, though. Wish it worked.

I'm glad the peeling hasn't begun. When it has, what's the plan? Lay low until it's done peeling or just go out and face the world? I'd be laying low if it were me. You know; that pride thing.

I hope the hungries are now behind you. What are your thoughts on the new pellets? You're taking them, right? I forgot if you said you'd stopped.

Have a blessed day.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:48 AM   #2033
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Jessica!

Has your peeling started?

Have a fantastic day!
Old 08-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #2034
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Not sure I have posted support for you in a while, but you KNOW I'm reading! Love reading your posts. I'm experiencing first day of Kindergarten Mommy Syndrome. My sister teaches Kindergarten where he's attending and just texted me that he's doing great. I'm posting pictures on FB in a bit, no doubt.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #2035
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/237.8/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Happy Friday Jess!!!
Old 08-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #2036
Big Yapper!

Oh Jessica! Where are you? (Said with a lyrical voice.) Do not do another of your disappearing acts. No matter what you're doing or how you're doing, we are here for you.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:07 AM   #2037
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Oh Jessica! Where are you? (Said with a lyrical voice.) Do not do another of your disappearing acts. No matter what you're doing or how you're doing, we are here for you.
^^^^This! Where the heck are you?
Old 08-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #2038
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, friends! Forgive the disappearing. Just got super busy and also, the AOL browser I've been using for so many years finally crashed completely (not just the mail feature, which as I mentioned, crashed back in April.) Anyway, I have gradually been reestablishing all my bookmarks on another browser. I hadn't actually had to sign into LCF for so many years, I couldn't remember my password and had to get a new one. But hey, I'm here!

I've had Dave home for a long visit, and I had a big choir party here. 16 kids showed up, plus six parents--I was amazed. It was a lot of people to feed. I've got another round of church swim parties here tomorrow, for the junior high and high school youth groups. Then I'll be done with that, and glad of it.

As for the peel, it was kind of underwhelming. My neck peeled a LOT, the way I expected my face to, but face and chest got a little flaky, but nothing major. My skin looks nice, but not as dramatically improved as I had envisioned. I doubt I'd do this particular peel again.

My eating has been spotty. Not crazy, off the rails bingeing, but kind of two steps forward one step back. I'm sure this is holding my weight steady, but it certainly isn't taking any pounds off. I've got to get my head figured out. Not sure what's going on inside there.

That's all I have time for for now--today is lunch with Hallie.

More later!
Old 08-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #2039
Blabbermouth!!!

Yea! Glad to see you didn't fall off the face of the earth!

Your pool parties sound fun

I'm sure once life settles down your eating will even out. Hope you enjoyed your lunch out!
Old 08-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #2040
Blabbermouth!!!

Howdy friends. Handbells, thanks for stopping in to check on me. I appreciate it!

I'll give yesterday a 7 out of 10 on eating, and today I think I have managed to achieve an 8. I'm doing ok with staying with on-plan foods, just have eaten a few more calories than I'd prefer. But I am definitely closing in on it.

I have a pool full of the junior high youth group as we "speak," but luckily, I didn't have to cook or do any refreshments for this group. A parent brought Mississippi mud cake and pulled pork sandwiches. How lucky that I ate before they came, because facing those two things hungry would be TOUGH.

Nothing else to update at this point. Tomorrow, I am determined to have a 9 or a 10 day with my eating.

"Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better." Right? Right?
Closed Thread