Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #1981
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
How's your face today, sweetie? Hope it isn't scary. Give it time.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #1982
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Hello!

Yeah, my face is great. It's slightly puffy/bumpy looking where I got zapped, but not in any way discolored, and those veins are GONE!! Hooray!

I had ladies here all day playing bridge. Eating was not great, but I guess compared to what I could have done, it's ok. Will nibble lightly at supper time.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:44 PM   #1983
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Good morning Jess! Have a wonderful day! How did you end up yesterday with your fat fast?
I finished up yesterday with some full fat greek yogurt at dinnertime, so I did ok Today is also going to require something fatty for supper to get my percentage where it needs to be. Maybe another batch of soup made mostly out of cream and cream cheese. I had friends here playing bridge and my "lunch" consisted of mostly nuts.

How are things going with you? Enquiring minds want to know!
Old 07-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #1984
Big Yapper!

What did they think of your new table, chairs and rug?
Old 07-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #1985
Blabbermouth!!!

They loved them, ESPECIALLY when they heard about my $150 table!
Old 07-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #1986
Big Yapper!

They're so pretty. You have great taste. Maybe you suck at finding good things in junk stores, but look what you can do with interior decorating!
Old 07-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #1987
Blabbermouth!!!

Greetings, friends! I have returned from my week in Seattle! I really had a nice, relaxing time celebrating with the boys. I stayed up late watching TV or reading and slept late every day. (No point in getting up early to spend time with the boys. Ian leaves for work at 4:30 a.m. and Dave is usually out of there by 6 or so. Yikes!)

It was more beautiful there than I've ever seen it--sunshine and a very pleasant 80 degrees or so every day. And SO green. If it were like that all the time, I'd probably break down and move there. And the nights were so cool and I slept so well.

The first night I was there, I used this pillow Dave had bought for himself at Costco. (We tease him a lot because the man LOVES Costco. He goes there at least twice a week and comes home with some of the weirdest stuff...) This item was a winner, though--a memory foam pillow with a center of this blue gel that stays cool all the time. I'm going to rush down to my Costco today and see if I can find it and get myself one!! That may or may not be possible--Costcos are very "regionalized" with what they stock, so mine may not have it. Hope so, though--it felt WONDERFUL to sleep on.

I was disappointed to find when I got in last night that my new hcg pellets had not yet arrived. I'm going to write the company today and ask what gives. In the meantime, I restarted the fat fast today. I had a breakfast of bacon and avocados. Will shop for fatty "supplies" later. I'll do this until I get my new pellets, then I'm going to do an hcg round.

More later! Gotta get dressed because the piano tuner will be here soon. I'm way overdue--it's been a year and a half since it was tuned.

I missed you ladies and am glad to back to my normal, pleasant routine!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 07-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #1988
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/259.8/199
WOE: IF and Calorie Counting
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hi Jessica! So glad you are back. Bummer about your HHCG...I would definitely give them a piece of mind

Good luck on the next round...i will be cheering you on!
Old 07-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #1989
Big Yapper!

Home! So glad it was beautiful up there this time. That pillow sounds comfy and I hope you can find one locally.

That's weird the pellets still haven't arrived. Maybe they're just a day or two away. They gave me my refund in full and seem to be a reputable company. I think it is a company of one guy working out of his house, but somehow he's getting it done.

It is so COOL here today! Overcast and cool. It's only in the low 60's! Nobody predicted this but it is so refreshing, if only for a day. Tomorrow we start climbing back up into the 80's but today, I'm breathing it all in. It's quiet in here for a change, with fans and air conditioners off.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-25-2013 at 10:40 AM..
Old 07-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #1990
Blabbermouth!!!

So I emailed the hcg guy and he said "oops." Haha. He phoned me said I should have the pellets by Monday. Super nice guy.

Wanted to report on my laser progress. The face veins are 90% gone--still see a faint trace of a few of them, so I may have one more treatment at some point, but I am very pleased!

I also had a couple of cherry angiomas (those raised red bumps that look a bit like a blood blister) and a large, dark brown "liver spot" on my shoulder lasered, and those are completely gone, too! All in all, I'm very, very pleased!
Old 07-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #1991
Big Yapper!

That's so nice that you can have the lasering done. I would have a few moles taken care of if I could. I have one of those cherry things but it's not that noticeable. In fact, I'd have to hunt around to find where it is cause I don't even pay attention to all my little imperfections. Glad you are happy with all the work you're getting done. And I agree. The hcg guy is very nice. Utah, right?
Old 07-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #1992
Big Yapper!

Hey, girl. We cross-posted on my journal so I just wanted to let you know I responded to your post. Just in case you didn't see it. Have a great day.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #1993
Blabbermouth!!!

Greetings, LCFs. I realized that I stopped by your page, Cheryl, and Jen's, but never got around to visiting my own journal.

It's still pleasantly cool here. I don't even have any fans running, a real rarity for me! I slept in this morning, did some laundry and ran a few errands. I had a really good coupon for Ulta, one of the rare ones that doesn't limit what kinds of things you can buy, so I went there and laid in some back-stock of a few of my favorite Benefit and Bare Minerals products. While I was in that area, I went to the Super Walmart nearby and grabbed a few things that I can't easily come by in my neck of the woods. It's a HUGE store, and has products that my nearby grocery stores don't stock.

As I mentioned on Cheryl's journal, I was able to get one of those pillows like Dave has, and slept on it last night. Very nice! I wish I could find some way to sleep other than on my side. It's hard on the face--causes those icky marionette lines, the grooves between nose and mouth, which I definitely have. But my lower back simply will not allow me to lie on my back or stomach for any length of time so I don't see any easy solution.

My FF is going will today. So far I've had:

Meal 1--two pork sausage links with drippings mixed with a T. of cream, plus coffee with cream

Meal 2- a packet of Cacao Bliss (coconut manna mixed with cocoa and sweetener. I get it at Sprouts) It's very high fat, and very appetite killing

Meal 3 - 5 Lit'l Smokies sausages

Meal 4 - 1/3 cup of Boursin cheese on a cucumber slice or two

I will finish up at a little over 1000 calories, 85% fat. That should work.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #1994
Big Yapper!

It's so weird how you are having unseasonably cool weather at the same time that we are. Wonderful but weird! Bring it on! I am LOVING the past two days. I know it's going to go back to summer but I get the feeling that the worst of Summer is behind us. I hope that's true. August can still be beastly.

Sounds like you had a great time shopping! I will be doing some necessity shopping tomorrow at our Walmart, but it's just an average store. Not one of those ginormous stores with produce and seafood and booze and whatever. I don't care, right now. I just need some things I can wear on this bod of mine.

I just finished clipping Cisco's nails. I try to do them weekly cause if I don't, the Quick won't recede enough to be able to clip any of the nail. Well, the first nail I clipped bled like a mother. I felt so bad. She didn't act like it hurt her but I felt like such a @%*^ heel of a mom. I didn't even have a paper towel or the styptic pencil powder ready. I so rarely ever make her bleed. Somehow she still loves me.

Need to start unwinding from my busy and wild day at the farm. Go read about it! It was different for sure. Hugs and kisses. Sleep tight on that new pillow. (I'm a total side-sleeper, too.)
Old 07-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #1995
Blabbermouth!!!

When Betsy was a tiny kitten, the first time I clipped her claws one of them bled and bled and BLED! I felt so horrible that I cried! She was so small and just learning to trust me, and I felt so awful about it. That's the only time I've ever done that, thank goodness. I clip both my kitties at least once a week. Being indoors, they don't get a chance to wear their claws down and they get horribly sharp.

I watched two more episodes of House of Cards tonight, and now I'm off to bed.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:11 AM   #1996
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Hi Jessica! Just wanted to pop over here and say thanks for stopping by my journal

How old is Betsy?
Old 07-27-2013, 10:05 AM   #1997
Big Yapper!

I need to ask my sister what kind of grinder she bought for her dogs nails. She recently bought something that sands the nail down rather than clipping and causing damage. I will buy one of those asap. No more bloody paws for us. She must have been licking that nail during the night cause it bled again, all over one of my bathroom throw rugs. A lot of blood. Soaked through to the other side and it's one of those thick mat type rugs.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #1998
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbells View Post
Hi Jessica! Just wanted to pop over here and say thanks for stopping by my journal

How old is Betsy?
Hi, Jenn! Betsy is now 3 and a half, and I'm happy to say I've never made her bleed again!

Are you a handbell player? I'm a church children's choir director and try to incorporate handbells in my choir program as often as I can. We do "ring and sing," with word charts and colored dots for each chord. (I place matching dots on the handles of the bells, so the children know which chord to ring on. Works really well!) Also try to come up with patterns, ostinatos, random rings to start a song, etc. Kids LOVE to get those bells in their hands!
Old 07-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #1999
Blabbermouth!!!

Checking in for Saturday! I had my regular breakfast of sausage with cream "gravy" this morning. Plan to have some Boursin cheese for lunch, possibly spread on bacon slices.

I'm going to a backyard party late this afternoon. My friend usually hires a taco cart for the food. Typically, they have pork carnitas, beef and chicken on a grill, and you file by and they place soft corn tortillas on your plate and then top them with whichever meat you want. Then there's a "fixin's" table with cheese, sour cream, guac, etc. So I should be able to do just fine with that. I'll get the carnitas--I think that will be the fattiest meat, top it with cheese, guac and sour cream, and leave the tortillas on the plate. I'll just eat the meat and toppings with a fork. Should be perfect, really!

Nothing else going on here. Will check in later!
Old 07-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #2000
Blabbermouth!!!

Awww...I bet she's adorable! I love cats. Dogs too, but we only have cats for now.

I do/did play handbells. I changed churches and the church I currently attend doesn't have them

Enjoy your party! I would be up a creek if I went...nothing for me to eat! lol!
Old 07-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #2001
Blabbermouth!!!

Update--I made Catrow's peanut butter pudding for lunch--peanut butter, cream cheese and cream, plus a drop of sweetener. I got it a bit sweeter than I'd prefer, but it was still delish. I may try it without any sweetener next time. My impression so far is that it's quite filling, too.

Speaking of sweetener, I saw EZ Sweets for sale at Walmart yesterday (and bought a bottle.) I remember when you could only find liquid Splenda on the internet--did not exist at all in stores. So that's progress!
Old 07-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #2002
Big Yapper!

OMG! I could do some serious damage at a party like that. OOH boy. I hope you get lots of fat-fasting stuff and enjoy every bite. That's so cool how you color-code the bells for the children. I could play something if you made it that easy for me!

Peanut butter pudding? Sounds decadent! Great that you can find liquid splenda in the stores. I have always bought them through Netrition. I always buy a few at a time to save on the shipping costs.

I hope you have a wonderful time at the backyard party. Sleep tight. I have an early morning tomorrow so I'm going to try and zonk out really early.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #2003
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, LCFs. I'm about to run get ready for church. We are having BIG drama there (have been for years, but I try not to talk about it here.) We have a congregational meeting today that could involve some major "fireworks," so I'm feeling a little tense.

So I ate too much last night, but all nice and fatty and low carb. And I think it's ok, because today I am loading, and tomorrow I'm launching an hcg round with those new pellets (which arrived in the mail yesterday!) I'm going to do a high fat/low carb load. I'll just eat my regular Fat Fast meals, only more of them. I think that should make an excellent load. This morning, I just had my regular sausage and cream meal, and later I'll have peanut butter pudding, cream cheese clouds, some high-fat hamburger, stuff like that. With my vast experience with hcg, I know how desperate I get for fat, so I'm going to savor this last day of it!

I'll be back later.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #2004
Blabbermouth!!!

Drama at church is the worst! It's a church for goodness sake! One of the reasons I stopped going to my old church and started going to a new church (different denomination) was because of drama. Hope you didn't caught in the fire!

Glad your pellets arrived!
Old 07-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #2005
Big Yapper!

I think that's what puts me off from attending church at all because of how many different churches there are and nobody seems to be able to believe in the same things. We're Christian! Isn't that enough? I hate how Christianity has become so fractured and splintered and you can shop around and find just the right "flavor" or doctrines you want to hear. Yes, that's why I don't go to church.

Now that my rant is over, I hope you can either settle the stuff going on at your current church or that you feel better about moving on to the one you visited a week or two ago. I'm sorry if I sounded so callous. I'm just ... well, you can see for yourself.

So happy your pellets arrived! Happy loading and looking forward to hearing how this round goes.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #2006
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning, gang! I'm headed out the door to VBS this morning, and it's delightfully cool outside, which is good news for the kids. Ours is an outdoor campus, with a big courtyard, and many of our VBS activities are outdoors.

I took my pellets and had half an apple and black coffee for brekkie, and I'm ready to go! I absolutely HAVE to be serious and follow through with this round, because now is the perfect time. I have nothing going on--no parties, no trips, no birthdays, for the whole month of August. I HAVE to do this now. NO SLACKING, NO QUITTING!

Off to VBS, back later!
Old 07-29-2013, 09:14 AM   #2007
Big Yapper!

You go, girl!!
Old 07-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #2008
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/259.8/199
WOE: IF and Calorie Counting
Start Date: June 10, 2013
You got this!! Good luck, Jessica!
Old 07-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #2009
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks, girls--I appreciate the cheerleading!

So far so good. 1/2 an apple for brekkie, chicken breast and salad for lunch. Not hungry, and feeling fine.

VBS was awesome. There's not a cloud in the sky,but it can't be more than 75 degrees out there. Just freakishly lovely for what is normally the beginning of our brutally hot time of year. Unusually sweet, well-behaved bunch of kids there this year, too. Really enjoyed myself.

I'm getting ready to go over to my friend Mona's house. She's my elderly bridge partner. (Although she is about 77, she is youthful and energetic in the extreme, and I feel silly referring to her as "elderly.") She is very sick. She had a knee replacement last week and as soon as she got home from the hospital, she was hit hard by a bad UTI. She's been quite sick for days, has a dangerously high for her age (in my non-medical expert opinion) fever. But supposedly, her doctor has a handle on it. Anyway, her husband's son and granddaughter from Canada are in town visiting (great timing, huh?) and they had all bought tickets to Medieval Times dinner theater for tonight, but the husband very reasonably does not want to leave Mona there alone. So I offered to go sit with her. "Sit with" is such a funny, old-timey expression, but I can't think of a better way to express it. In all reality, I'll probably play with my iPad while she sleeps. So hopefully, I can continue to play on LCF and visit both of your journals this afternoon.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:44 PM   #2010
Big Yapper!

Oh, poor Mona. I hope her UTI passes quickly. No doubt she's on Cipro but encourage her to drink Cranberry Juice (the real stuff; read labels) and to just keep drinking fluids to flush out her kidneys. She'll be up and running in no time if they have her on the right meds. Sucks that it complicates her recovery from the surgery but a lady of her nature won't let it slow her down one bit. God bless you for being there for her.

I'm glad you had an unusually pleasant day for this time of year. Glad there's no hunger on the horizon, either.

May you have the best round EVER.
Closed Thread