Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #1891
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Wow. I didn't know Mini was gone. Maybe she just needed a break from weight loss obsessing. Happens to all of us sometimes.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2013, 10:08 AM   #1892
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I know she had a ton of things on her plate but I would love to know how she's been doing. I wish I could recall what her art site was. I might have a better chance at contacting her through that. Maybe I'll google her real name and see what comes up. Should work.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #1893
Big Yapper!

I found it! Sculpture, garments, and paintings by Zoe Martell. She sells things on this site but nothing that would violate LCF rules. At least I hope so. She's a prolific artist and if you've never been to her site, you've got a lot to view. I love her really colorful abstract paintings.

I clicked on "contact me" and wrote her a little message. Hope she writes me back. Will keep you posted.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #1894
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow. Beautiful stuff. So we know she's still out there somewhere, just not currently chatting with us here.

I'm plugging along with the fat fast. It is quite hunger satisfying, but frustrating because everything is sort of semi-liquid (except the nuts.) So I'm longing for something to chew on.

I'm off to get an IPL treatment. Back later!
Old 06-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #1895
Blabbermouth!!!

So today's food came out to 1100ish calories, 84% fat. I guess to have it up to 90%, I'd pretty much have to eat mayonnaise, butter and cream cheese. Here's what I had:

Coffee w/butter and cream
Cream cheese muffin with 1 T. peanut butter

Another T. peanut butter
Cucumber slices with 2 T. blue cheese dip

1 oz pecans

2 oz fatty ground beef with 2 oz cream cheese melted in

I'm not hungry at all, but still have that feeling of wanting to chew. I'm feeling smaller. Pants are very loose today. Still trying to stick with my resolution not to weigh until the end (Friday.) I'm trying to be about actions and feelings, not about numbers. I was afraid it might be de-motivating, not getting the constant numerical feedback, but it hasn't really been, at all. I have had a couple of cheats, but I don't think those had to do with weighing or not weighing, just life interfering with my diet.

Anyway, it's been interesting. I'm thinking I will keep up the hcg1234 while I'm on my trip to Mazatlan, since it doesn't contain any actual hcg. Maybe it'll help suppress my appetite. I intend to focus on not eating any sweets or flour. I know from experience that it's pretty much impossible to completely refrain from corn tortillas and beans while there, but I'll try not to go crazy with them. I'm taking 4 boxes of microwave bacon (it's shelf stable), a box of Gevalia coffee, some peanut and almond butter packets and some cheese sticks in my suitcase. So I'll have breakfast. It's my most challenging meal there. The family likes to go to the bakery and get a big bag of all the wonderful Mexican breads and pastries to keep in our suite (it has a full kitchen) and I definitely don't want to eat that stuff. For lunches, we usually eat by the pool, which serves burgers, nachos, pizza, shrimp cocktail, quesadillas, etc. I usually get nachos and try to transfer the most of the cheese to just a few chips, plus eat the large scoop of fresh guac that comes with them. Dinners are a cinch--we go into town and go to restaurants, and they all specialize in incredibly fresh, delicious shrimp and fish. They also all have delicious grilled skirt steak--a cut I really like. It's not super tender, but is so flavorful. And the guacamole abounds everywhere!

Then when I get back, I'll jump right back in with the hcg protocol and/or fat fast. Hopefully, I won't have gained too terribly much.

Today I bought many, many cans of spray-on sunscreen and some travel-sized toiletries. I've already started my "packing pile" of swimsuits, coverups and clothes. So I'll be ready!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal

Last edited by verbqueen; 06-24-2013 at 06:54 PM..
Old 06-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #1896
Big Yapper!

Sounds like you're doing great, Jessica. Can't wait to hear how the fat fast worked for you. I found Zoe on Facebook, too. I sent a friend request and she is now my FB friend! No longer to be someone from my past. If you want to send her a request, she popped right up by just typing in her name. Easy and hard to believe I let so much time slip by when she was right there all the while.

I will go chart a few tidbits on my journal but my heart isn't into it. Ttyt. Sleep tight.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:08 PM   #1897
Blabbermouth!!!

Haha--we just cross-posted. I was over reading your journal while you were here! Funny! I don't think I interacted with Zoe enough to friend request her. She wouldn't know who I was, even though I read many hundreds of posts so I FEEL like I know her really well. That's the way of the internet. You never who is keeping up with you and reading the words you write. Cool and a little disturbing, all at the same time...

Anyway, I'll just let you keep me up with how she's doing!

Last edited by verbqueen; 06-24-2013 at 07:10 PM..
Old 06-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #1898
Big Yapper!

TRUE...
Old 06-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #1899
Blabbermouth!!!

Checking in kinda late today. I had a previously arranged lunch date with my friend Mona, which had been worrying me. We had it set up for a local Mexican place, and I wracked my brain trying to think about what I could eat and still stay on the fat fast. I knew I could order guacamole--avocados are nice and high in fat, but I didn't want my friend to think I was nuts eating guac. with a spoon from the bowl as my entire meal. If you think Atkins or hcg are hard to explain, try explaining the fat fast!

I came up with a pretty good solution, I thought. I ordered pork carnitas (twice-cooked pork. Basically, it's pork shoulder slow roasted and then fried until crispy.) I figured that would be good and fatty. Sadly, this restaurant just served me roast pork--had not been refried like it should authentically be. However, I ate two ounces of pork (eyeballed as best I could) and the scoop of guac that came on the side, then stirred the rest around and got a box to take it all home in. She didn't seem to pay any attention, so I no worries.

Still, adding that much protein lowered my fat percentage, so for my food the rest of the day, I blended cream cheese, butter and heavy cream, flavored with a packet of True Orange and a drop of liquid Splenda and vanilla, and made some frozen cream cheese clouds. I've been nibbling on them this afternoon. That'll bring my day in at about 1000 calories and 86% fat. That'll make it my best day yet! Hooray!
Old 06-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #1900
Big Yapper!

Jessica, have you weighed since you started fat fasting? Do you feel like you're losing? Hate to see you go through all that if it's not helping to speed things along. WTG on being on plan as much as you could be at the Mexican place. Oh how I love Mexican food. Never had pork carnitas, though.

It is so hard to get the fat % above 85 or so. Like you're finding out, you basically have to drink melted butter. I hope you get a good result from all your diligence. I know you want to look sleek and sexy in Mexico (can't spell it with the accents but I said "me-he-co" when I typed it.)

Sleep tight. Off to bed now.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #1901
Blabbermouth!!!

I haven't weighed yet, but I'm definitely losing. My clothes are showing me that. Nighty night!
Old 06-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #1902
Big Yapper!

Yea! Night.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #1903
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, low carb friends. Here's to three fat fast days successfully completely, and a fourth one begun! (I'm not counting Saturday, because I failed to get my fat high enough that first day.) Right now I'm looking good--87% fat breakfast. The challenge will be to keep that up all day. My orange dream clouds worked well yesterday, so I'm about to go whip up another batch. Here's what I put in them:

1 oz heavy cream, whipped stiff
2 oz cream cheese and 2 T. butter, softened and blended well, then folded into the whipped cream, along with one packet of True Orange, 2 drops of liquid Splenda and a couple of drops of vanilla.

I dolloped out four blobs onto a sheet of aluminum foil and popped into the freezer. Yummy!

I have another challenging day ahead with meals out, but after my success yesterday, I know I can handle it.

Back later!
Old 06-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #1904
Blabbermouth!!!

OK--lunch conquered. I ordered chicken soup. Hallie gave me the giant blob of sour cream that came on the side of her enchiladas, and I dropped that in and ate the broth and some guac! Lowered my fat % a bit, but my orange clouds will get it back up there!

Now to figure out dinner. I'm thinking either a green salad with extra dressing--of some creamy variety, and I'll eat mostly dressing, haha--or possibly the soup thing again, if they have a broth-based soup there.

Off to look at the online menu for the place.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #1905
Big Yapper!

I never heard of those "true" fruit flavored packets. Interesting! They sound so yummy and easy to make. Glad you're enjoying your fat fasting days. Sleep tight. Off to bed soon. Tired as always. It didn't rain today, so that's good. Night!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #1906
Blabbermouth!!!

You can often see the True Lemon packets in the store, in the section with coffee and tea and the things that go with them. It's basically just dehydrated powdered lemon juice--not sweet and no calories.

However, I've never seen the True Lime or the True Orange in a store, so I ordered those. They're kinda fun to use in low carb food prep, and of course, they're great for use in iced tea.

So my dinner out went just as planned. I ordered a Cobb Salad--which was lettuce topped with some bacon, eggs (didn't touch those--hate eggs), turkey and bleu cheese. I ordered a large bowl of bleu cheese dressing on the side (because I looked at their web page and chose the fattiest dressing) and ate about a cup of lettuce and a good 2-3 tablespoons of the fatty dressing, and then just kinda stirred the rest around. (Ate a little bit of the bacon, but it looked pretty fatty.) I added all that into my day's totals and I came out fine--87% fat!
Old 06-27-2013, 04:47 AM   #1907
Big Yapper!

I thought I remembered you didn't like eggs, but I wasn't sure. So funny, since you did Atkins for eons. I like them scrambled, fried or in recipes. I sometimes like them HB but hate when they don't peal well and the dang whites get all messed up. And dislike the rubbery whites when boiled. However, love egg salad.

Have a great day. I'm up very early today but could tell it wasn't going to be easy to fall asleep again. My eyes are burning a little which tells me that I need more zz's but I will just have to take a nap later. My day off and I can do what I want to.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:36 AM   #1908
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/237.8/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hi Jessica. I am marking my spot and reading with great anticipation. I too take HHCG...I'm completely rogue though. My plan is to stay under 1200 calories and under 20 carbs. My percentages look like this 75% fat 17% protein and 8% carbs. I've never been able to keep my calories around 500 except on my first round that was simeons style. After that first round I lost 30 lbs. It was amazing and i remember my disturbing relationship with the scale. I don't weigh every day. I hope you are doing well and cannot wait to read more about your interesting journey.
-Jen

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...g-journey.html
Old 06-27-2013, 01:14 PM   #1909
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome, Jenmay! I'm a native Texan myself--born in College Station (you can guess where my dad went to school) and raised in Ft. Worth, but I haven't lived there since I was 15.

Hhcg rocked my world and changed my life. I was strictly, rigidly protocol the first round, but adapted it a bit after that. I say no one knows our own body like WE do, so you have to make it work for you. I've seen you on the hcg boards, but will stop by your journal here in a bit and get to know you!

Sadly, I had sort of an eating free-for-all during the winter and gained back some of my losses, but I'm busily getting that straightened out! This is sort of a pattern for me. The dark winter months are not my friend. One of these years, I'll come up with a decent strategy to make it through. On the upside, I always lose weight easily and enthusiastically during the summer, because I have so much time to focus on myself and on my LCF posting and reading (and that really, REALLY helps, doesn't it?)

I've been super productive today. I switched from cable tv and internet and phone back to Directv, which I liked much better, and got all my installation appointments set up. Made some packing lists for the vacation, got some laundry going, and then spent about 3 hours sorting through paper work--junk mail, stubs of old paid bills, etc etc, organizing, filing and shredding. I'm far from done, but I made a large dent in my task!

I'm planning to fat fast right up until I leave for vacay, so plugging away with that today. HOORAY for no meals out today--I can really do it right! As of this moment, I am at 600 calories and 86% fat. I'm really figuring out how to do it, and definitely plan to do it some more when I get back from Mexico.

That's all I've got for now. I'm sure I'll be back later, though!
Old 06-27-2013, 02:31 PM   #1910
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jess! It's so nice to meet you. I was born in Houston and lived in Austin since I was 15.

Same rings true for me with HHCG...It totally rocked my world, but could not stabilize my loss because i went back to my old routine. However, I found that I could eat like a total pig and workout and not gain, so I'm looking forward to those days again My favorite workout was the body pump class at golds gym. There was one instructor that I LOVED she was from England and with her English accent give me the business and telling me that I could add more weight to my bar. She really challenged me. I love group exercise and spinning classes. I definitely want to get back to that. You'll have to let me know how you do on your fat fast. I naturally gravitate toward fat...guess why??? Lol...probably 'cause I'm fat. Heehee...Well, that sounds like a very productive day indeed! Keep up the good work...also, just a tip; I get mildly depressed in the winter months. Nothing medically wrong, just the winter blues...i tend to put on weight in the winter even when i am good during the holidays. you may look into a natural herb or antidepressant for that time if you think you have winter blues. My symptoms were fatigue, feeling blah, and crying during commercials. Especially commercials with sweet babies and mommies.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #1911
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, girl, I KNOW I have winter blues. That's why when my hubby took a new job in Seattle, I told him to buy a condo there and fly home to me in California on weekends!

I can't deal with short days and low light. And it's almost ALWAYS low light in Seattle.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #1912
Big Yapper!

Jen, I'm going to jump in here cause once a Texan, always a Texan. I moved to a small town outside of San Antonio when I was 24 years old and I lived in and around San Antonio from 1986-1993. Then I left to move to Las Vegas to be near my Mom and her second husband. But my years spent in TX were memorable and fun ones. We loved to tube and canoe the Guadalupe River, loved Canyon Lake, and naturally, Padre Island and Corpus. I never spent time in Austin but I know it is a great city.

As far as the winter blues, it sounds like one of those sun lamps would help a lot. Some take St John's Wart but it is contraindicated with taking certain prescription antidepressants. Maybe it would be a good idea for you and Jessica to take a real or herbal supplement for mood during those long winter months.

I really need to buy myself one of those sun lamps, too. Though now that I work outdoors with horses four or more days a week, I get plenty of "rays." Be it sunny or overcast, those rays reach the ground. Come to think of it, I should be on top of the world! Why aren't I?

Back to TX, I went to San Marcos River one time but I didn't like it cause it was so weedy. LOVE the rivers and lakes in TX. What do you do for fun there? Ever go to New Braunfels? We loved tubing the Comal River there and visiting Landa Park.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #1913
Blabbermouth!!!

Jump away, my fellow former Texan!

As for me, I came in today at 1100 calories, 89% fat! Hooray!!
Old 06-28-2013, 06:25 AM   #1914
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Cheryl and Jess! Omg, I love the rivers and lakes in Texas. My big butt hasn't been tubing in a while, but plan on it this summer. I feel alive again. My DH and I like to go to live music shows. He's a musician and from Ireland. I really hit the jackpot with him. Come to think of it, he's been very patient with me and I am glad. Jess-great job on the 1100 cals. I aim for 1200 or lower. Yesterday I was at 939 49% fat, 40% protein and 11% carbs. I was not hungry at all...must be the HHCG! Love it! Cheryl-my dad and family live in San Antonio. It's always great for a visit, but i don't think I could live anywhere but Austin. It's blowing up. When I moved here there were 656,000 people. Now there are 842,000 however, the overall population including suburbs and san marcos is around 1.8 mil....makes my head spin to think this is becoming a real city.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #1915
Big Yapper!

OMG. I know what you mean about the changes down there. I decided that I needed to go back and just take a tour of my old haunts so back in 2007, I bought a round-trip ticket and rented a car and went on a "for old time's sake" tour. I was lost more often than I was accurate.

I couldn't find where I used to live! I drove round and round feeling confused and insane and then I pulled off on one road and turned around to just pull over and try to get my bearings. That's when I saw a sign for a restaurant that used to be right up the hill from our house. So I followed those signs and I drove until I saw the restaurant. But that meant I drove right past the old house! I turned around and drove back down there and couldn't believe my eyes.

The land had been sold into smaller tracts and there were more houses built there. I was amazed that I drove by it and didn't see it as my old home. It made me feel SO OLD. Nothing shows how much time has passed more than going back to a place you once knew so well.

Same thing happened when I tried to find Canyon Lake by memory. I had to stop and ask for directions (this was a year before I bought a GPS.) I drove through Natural Bridge Caverns Wildlife park and fed the animals, just like in the old days. A zebra stuck his entire head into the car window and snatched the whole bag I had in my lap, then walked away eating the bag and all. I was pissed! He knew it was close to closing time and it was his last snack of the evening.

I went to Corpus Christi and to the Aquarium and to Padre but I guess I wasn't far enough south on Padre for it to look familiar. I was used to beaches that were pretty much empty. I looked for some Sand Dollars and found a few. Loved finding those when I lived there.

I learned a really valuable lesson that trip. Things are only as they were in your memory. Going back is often more disappointing than fulfilling. So it's best to live in the moment and know that in the future, even what we are experiencing (for good or not-so-good) won't be as good in the future if we were to return and try to relive it.

Last edited by CherylB; 06-28-2013 at 09:56 AM..
Old 06-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #1916
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, I had a similar experience driving past the very first new home we ever bought--a small 3 bedroom ranch in Norman, OK. My mom and I were making the trip to Ft. Worth from her home in Tulsa, so we veered off the highway in Norman to take a look. I would've driven right by it if I hadn't had the address right in front of me. One nice thing, though, was to see that the tiny trees we had scrimped and saved to buy and planted all those years ago had grown to large, mature shade trees!

Today will be my last fat fast day. Another challenging one, because I have my lunch bunch book club meeting today. I will load a plate, pick out any fatty foods, maybe cheese or something, and stir the rest around. I'm getting good at this sneaky "fake eating," haha. Then I'll come home and eat some delicious fat.

Today is packing day!! Hallie and I will leave the house at 7 tomorrow, so everything must be ready by bedtime tonight.

I was in Costco yesterday to pick up a few things, and I saw this enormous, ultra lightweight rolling hardside suitcase, so I bought it. She and I hope to check only one bag, so we both need to get all our toiletries into it (for an 8 day trip, travel sizes of shampoo and such won't cut it, plus there's the issue of my 8 or 9 cans of sunscreen!)

Anyway, this big ole honker ought to do the job for both of us! Anything that won't go in, we'll carry on in a small duffle bag.

I'm off to get ready for book club. Back later!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #1917
Blabbermouth!!!

P.S. Jen and Cheryl, forgot to say--you're both doing great on your eating plans, and I am proud of you!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #1918
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Cheryl and Jess I have not had that happen to me since I've been in Austin for so long. I have not driven by any houses that I used to live in. Pretty sure they are still there, but we are definitely losing some of the "small town charm". My favorite building downtown is no longer the tallest. Believe it or not; a high rise is the tallest building and has changed the entire skyline. The small gypsy trailer eateries are losing spaces. They are really cool and usually specialize in one or two types of food. For example; hey cupcake is one that survived. Guess what they sell?? You are correct! CUPCAKES!! Well, I don't get to the coast much. I wish I was closer to the sea I'm a pisces so I am definitely at home near the water. Jess-awesome job with the "fake eating" I'm starting to get good at that too. My work ordered pizza..i brought out my atkins frozen dinner and ate some of the salad that came along. Instead of lingering in the break room; I grabbed a slice and took it to my office. Then I scraped the toppings off and had the toppings. I didn't even really miss the bread. I feel great! Yeah, fat!
Old 06-28-2013, 11:33 AM   #1919
Big Yapper!

We'll miss you while you're in Mazatlan. Hope you have an amazing time with your family. I know that you will. Hope the weather is great, too! Funny you lived in Norman. The guy I lived with in TX (the reason I moved there) once lived in Norman. Small world.

Way to scalp that pizza, Jen! All the flavor is in the toppings anyway.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #1920
Blabbermouth!!!

Way to handle that pizza like a pro, Jen. After a while, it just gets to be second nature to do stealthy stuff like that to avoid the carbs. I do not like to announce that I'm dieting or have to explain what I eat and why. I guess I have too much pride or something, but I just have this strong sense that what you put into your own body is highly personal and no one needs to be worrying about that except me!

I cruised through the book club lunch. It was a cookout, and they had bratwursts and burgers. I took a bratwurst, put some other stuff on the plate with it and kinda stirred that around, and ate half the bratwurst. Also spotted a bowl of macadamias, and eyeballed an ounce of those. So it was easy!

Just made myself an early supper of 2 oz of high fat ground beef with cream cheese and sour cream melted in. I have one more orange cloud left from yesterday, so I'll make that my evening snack, and I'll come in at 84% fat and 1100 calories.

It's weird how I always wind up at 1100. I'm not trying to, it just works out that way every day. It seems to take that many calories to get me up to the high fat percentage.

Later, friends.
Closed Thread