Old 06-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #1862
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Yea about the pictures! Have you been shopping for the chairs yet? I'm always amazed at how much a single chair costs.

Julie, not sure what you meant by "very wet on the strawberries and the roses." I'm thinking you meant sweet but that's missing a lot of letters.

Here comes the rain again... Just in time to go to work. Later, girls.
Yes, sweet! I guess I missed an "e" and spell corrected?

You're right, pick yourself up and move along. You'll be ok. What part of Mexico? We went to Ensenada in Oct, and are planning to go back this year . You'll look marvelous!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:02 AM   #1863
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Hi, sweet friends. Yesterday went perfectly on plan, no problems, so I'm grateful that I didn't let that one bad meal derail me. We all know that a few extra calories in one day doesn't really make a lot of difference in the long run, but it's the psychological/motivational risk that's so huge. I'm pretty sure we've all had that experience of getting one wheel off the track and instead of straightening up and driving on, we wind up completely crashing and burning. THAT'S the risk!

Julie, we're headed to Mazatlan. We have a time share there at the most gorgeous resort in Mexico, Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay. The kids are going, and we're going with our friends from church and their kids. It'll be a wonderful, relaxing time to be together as a family!

I'm off to take one of my sweet little church choir kids to lunch and a movie for her birthday. Already planned where we're going and what I'm eating, so it should be uneventful. Later (and I promise--game chair pics today, later!)

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 06-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #1864
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
What a wonderful place to own a time share! I would love a time share someday. Would be hard to decide where to invest in one. Something to ponder! Have a great day.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #1865
Blabbermouth!!!

Here are the dining chairs I got from overstock:

Old 06-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #1866
Blabbermouth!!!

And here is the game table WITH its chairs:

Old 06-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #1867
Blabbermouth!!!

Also--my little friend couldn't find a movie she wanted to see (and I agreed with her), so we just made it a nice, leisurely lunch out and then I dropped her at her friend's house. We went to the Lazy Dog Cafe. I had a seared romaine salad topped with a piece of grilled ahi. Delish, extremely low in calories. Done!
Old 06-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #1868
Big Yapper!

Comfy! I want to come play games with you around that table. I didn't remember you were buying dining room table chairs, too. Everything looks lovely, honey. Love that name! (Lazy Dog Café.) Glad you had a nice afternoon with your friend. Rest, now. And go read about MY day...
Old 06-19-2013, 08:09 AM   #1869
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning, world. Had a good, on-plan day yesterday, and will have another today.

I'm subbing in a bridge group that plays at the Fullerton Marriott. They stop at lunchtime and order from the restaurant menu, so I should have plenty of choices. Some kind of salad with chicken and dressing on the side almost always works and is available on any menu, so I think I'll be fine. I'll let you guys know what I came up with.

Later!
Old 06-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #1870
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow. Crazy day of bridge! At one point, a very loud-voiced, hard-of-hearing old lady turned to my partner, Linda, and said, in a VERY BOOMING VOICE, "what ever happened to that baby that G*****'s husband had out of wedlock, you know, that time that they almost got divorced over his affair?" (G***** is the regular partner of Linda, the lady I was playing with, and is the person I was subbing for today.) I know G***** pretty well, and play in several groups with her. I also know her husband. Neither of Linda nor I had ever heard anything about this, and Linda was horrified and furious. She confronted the lady and said "You should be quiet RIGHT NOW. I have no idea what you're talking about, and if G***** had wanted all of us to know about her personal life, she'd have told us. You are being rude." The entire room fell into agonizing, miserable silence. Awkward moment. Very awkward moment. Everybody was a little weirded out for the rest of the day.

I played badly, but I ate well, haha. I had a steak salad, hold the dressing.

Last edited by verbqueen; 06-19-2013 at 04:22 PM..
Old 06-19-2013, 10:05 PM   #1871
Big Yapper!

Wow, Jessica! Where's a stun gun when you need one?
Old 06-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #1872
Blabbermouth!!!

I know, Cheryl, I know. This is why I fear becoming an old lady!

Having a lazy morning today. About to get dressed and head out to the grocery store for (you guessed it) beef, cabbage and apples. Hahaha. Certainly does make for easy shopping! I think I'll treat myself to lunch out and have a charcoal-grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast and side salad at El Pollo Loco.

Back later!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #1873
Big Yapper!

Yummy! Enjoy.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #1874
Blabbermouth!!!

Today's food:

B: 40 cal. toast with ICBINB spray
L: boneless, skinless chicken breast, salad topped with salsa
D: P2 chili, half an apple
Old 06-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #1875
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, world! I slept like a log, as I tend to do when taking hhcg, and feel great!

I did a fun thing last night--went to a party at a local brewery that was held to honor a guy who used to play in a lot of bands around here. He's moved out of state, to Oregon, and he's in town vacationing, so his buddies threw him a bash. It was an accoustic jam-out, with at least 8 or 9 guitarists and singers jamming out with their accoustic instruments. There were two slide guitars, a bass, a dobro, a guy playing harmonica, a drummer, plus a whole boatload of rhythm guitars. (I just sat and listened, and chimed in now and then on some harmonies.) So much fun!

I did drink a beer--felt it was my duty since I was taking up a seat in the brew pub--but only one, so it shouldn't have "blown" my day too badly.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #1876
Big Yapper!

How fun! How did you hear about it? Glad you enjoyed a beer. Did you have company or did you go solo? That sort of thing is definitely more fun when there's someone to share it with. Glad you went!
Old 06-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #1877
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm acquainted with several of the guys who organized it, so I'm on the email list. I went by myself, but had a great time. They're friendly folks and everyone is included.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #1878
Big Yapper!

That is very cool.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:46 AM   #1879
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Cheryl, sorry, thread jack, but I love the picture in your signature! Makes sense!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #1880
Blabbermouth!!!

Aw shucks, Heidi, you know I love a threadjack! (And I love her sig pic, too. However, Cheryl, I think the young lady in your avatar pic looks like she needs a sandwich or three. The words are cool, though!)

OK, friends, I'm taking a major detour today and shifting to the fat fast. I read up on it yesterday, and I want to sprint in to the finish line (we leave for Mexico a week from today!) So I discontinued the IM hhcg pellets today and started the hcg1234 drops that Dazy recommended. They don't actually contain any hcg, but are supposedly formulated to mimic its action in the body, and they supposedly don't have the side effect of weight gain if you don't exactly follow protocol. (Not sure that I believe any of that, anyway, but....)

So--here I go! I've never done a fat fast before--in 20 or so years of Atkins-ing. Can you believe that? Don't know why I never tried it, but I never have.

So today I had two cream cheese mini-muffins topped with a T. of peanut butter for brekkie. I'm aiming for 3 more 250 calorie mini-meals. We'll see how it goes and how I feel.

Right now Hallie and I are busily getting ready for the shower. Will take a few pics of our finished cooking and post, maybe, if they are good. Later!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #1881
Big Yapper!

A sandwich or three. Yeah, she's really young and really thin. I guess I should shop around for a better Avi with the same saying. It's easy to find them on the internet. I liked that one though. Heidi, glad you like it too! And it is profoundly true. Life's complicated mysteries often come down to very basic principals. God works like that.

What shower? Did I miss something? Hope your fat fast works well for you. No idea about the non-hhcg stuff but YOU GO, GIRL! Mazatlan is calling.

Need to run back up to the Vet before they close. I told them that Cissy's eye isn't healing under the present treatment and they are willing to give me a different ophthalmic ointment (another antibiotic.) Liking this Dr already. Previous Vet would have had me bring dog back in and charge me for everything they had to do.

Back later. Beads went in the wrong direction today but I'm learning!
Old 06-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #1882
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, I did not do so well with the fat fast. Came in a little over on calories, which doesn't much concern me, but my fat % was only 70. Dang. It's hard to get up to 90ish % unless you just eat spoons of fat.

But tomorrow I'll do better. yeah.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #1883
Blabbermouth!!!

P.S. Cheryl, Hallie and her co-worker hosted a bridal shower for a lady they work with here at my house. They did a lovely job--all kinds of beautiful food and drink, charming party favors. If Hallie sends me a photo, I will share it.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:27 PM   #1884
Blabbermouth!!!

Here you go, a picture of all their creations!

Old 06-23-2013, 05:32 AM   #1885
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Gorgeous!
Old 06-23-2013, 07:25 AM   #1886
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon bit View Post
Gorgeous!
I thought so, too!

So here I am, ready to try another day of Fat Fast. I put both butter and heavy cream in my coffee this morning. Learned yesterday that I'm going to have to work at getting the fat percentage higher.

Later, friends!
Old 06-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #1887
Blabbermouth!!!

Stopped at Trader Joe's on the way home from church and searched the aisles for foods that were mostly fat. Found a blue cheese pecan dip that is 90% fat, so I'm having that for "lunch." Also bought some Kerrygold butter. Figure if I'm going to be eating fat, I should eat the tastiest possible fat!

So far today:

Minimeal one: coffee with HWC and butter, 3 slices bacon
Minimeal two: 3 thin cucumber slices topped with 2 T. of blue cheese dip and 1 oz pecans

That puts me at 500ish calories and 84% fat. Not sure what else I can eat today to keep that fat percentage that high, but I'm going to try!
Old 06-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #1888
Big Yapper!

Butter in your coffee? Do you have VCO? I know people like to add that to their coffee and it has a mild coconut flavor, but I only did it one time. I hate how it sits in an oily layer on the top of the coffee.

Cheese might be a good thing to eat on a fat fast day. Maybe some mayo on something. Mayo is so good. In the past when I've been counting calories and trying to eat normal food (such as sandwiches), it's so hard to use 1 or 2 T. of mayo. I love tuna salad, too.

Hot dogs are loaded with fat. Just trying to give you some ideas. CREAM CHEESE! Did you weigh yourself today? Just curious if you saw a drop after yesterday's fat fast. I know you said the cals were a bit high but that might not have hurt you.

Thanks for that pic! So pretty. Nice job!
Old 06-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #1889
Blabbermouth!!!

I do have coconut oil and you may remember that I used to use it in my coffee all the time, but obviously, it's not something I have used these last 2 years of hcg-ing. Too caloric. However, this buttered coffee thing is much tastier than CO coffee was. I really enjoyed it. (They've been talking a lot about buttered coffee in the main lobby, which is what made me decide to try it.)

Thing with the fat percentage is that foods that have much protein or carb in them, even if they're high in fat, mess up "pie chart," so to speak. You really have to eat mostly fat. Cream cheese is good--fattier than regular cheese.

I've just had my third minimeal of macadamia nuts, so I'll have one more small meal here in a few hours. I think it'll be cream cheese muffins.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #1890
Big Yapper!

Makes a lot of sense, Jessica. I hope you get the results you're looking to get from this. I remember Minimonkey (remember her? She's been off the board for at least a year now) used to do the fat fasting on hhcg. She was a big advocate. I miss her and wonder how she is. I've emailed her a couple of times but don't get a reply. So odd.
Closed Thread