Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Today's food:

B: 40 cal toast w/spray
L: P2 chili, apple
D: steak cubes, snow peas, strawberries

Side note: oh dear--I have some visual proof that I'm losing weight. I wore a sleeveless dress to church today and I glanced down and was sad to see that my upper arms are once again loose, slack and jiggly. I guess I'd put on enough weight to fill them back out again. Yuck. I'd forgotten how bad they looked.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #1832
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I hate my arms. I guess they don't get better, just more deflated?
Old 06-10-2013, 10:23 AM   #1833
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
I've been looking into arm exercises. I found one that sounds complicated but involves a kind of reverse push up that is supposed to help. Arm jiggle over here as well, as looking into these exercises hasn't actually done anything for my wings.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #1834
Blabbermouth!!!

Man, I hate having jiggly arms. That was always one of my best body parts, before. I need to get my kitchen gym reassembled and ready for duty. Think I will do that this afternoon!

Today was my last day of music teaching at the school. It was lots of fun, and so glad I did it. I think they're going to shake up the way they do it next year, so I'm not sure if I'll go back there again next year or not.

The teachers got me a plant and a card, and the kids gave me MANY hugs.

Today is Dave's and my 35 wedding anniversary. I joked on FB that it's within the realm of possibility that we make 35 more--long as we make into our early 90s!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 06-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #1835
Blabbermouth!!!

June 10, 1978

Last edited by verbqueen; 06-10-2013 at 02:55 PM..
Old 06-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #1836
Blabbermouth!!!

Today's food:

L: salad of lettuce, tomato, chicken, plus an apple
D: cubed sirloin, strawberries
Old 06-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #1837
Big Yapper!

OMG! Look at the happy couple!! 35 years is astounding to me. I can only try to imagine what can happen between two people over 35 years that would allow them to still be in love on the other side. Do you mind sharing if it's been a struggle at times or if you kind of fit each other like a hand in glove? I want to hear a happy story. I want to believe they exist.

Were you high school sweethearts? Tell us details! I want to hear all about you and he.

As far as arm exercises, I know what to do. I just need to start doing them!
Old 06-10-2013, 08:28 PM   #1838
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Today's food:

L: salad of lettuce, tomato, chicken, plus an apple
D: cubed sirloin, strawberries
Change of plans on dinner. I ended up having a three salad combo plate at Corner Bakery, with Hallie. I got a scoop of chicken salad, a cup of chicken tortilla soup and a fruit cup. I ate a few cubes of the chicken, a few spoons of the broth of the tortilla soup and a few of the strawberries and apples out of the fruit cup. I had about 350 calories to "spend," and I think I did pretty well. No regrets. Gotta live in the real world.

When we got home, I found 2 dozen roses and a box of chocolate dipped strawberries waiting on the front porch! Awwww...(I'll send the strawberries home with Hallie.)
Old 06-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #1839
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, Dave and I were set up on a blind date in college. I was 19, he was 20. We got married at 21. There have been some very difficult times. I've had a rough time with his relentless drive for his career. As a young wife and mother, I had the sense that he didn't care how it affected me and the kids--he'd move anywhere at the drop of a hat for a promotion. I spent a LOT of time alone with the kids, with no back-up parenting support because he was traveling. As the years have gone by, I've realized that he felt, and still feels, a HUGE sense of responsibility for providing (well) for four people, and has a lot of himself invested in being a good provider. While I was thinking "he just doesn't understand how overwhelmed I am by all this moving and raising the kids by myself so much of the time," he was thinking "she just doesn't understand how much pressure I feel to provide for the family."

When you're young, it's hard to see past your own needs and your own version of reality. As you get older, you start to be able to look at it through the other person's eyes a little more.

Which is why, wrinkles notwithstanding, I'm pretty happy to be "older."

Last edited by verbqueen; 06-10-2013 at 08:41 PM..
Old 06-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #1840
Big Yapper!

Well I truly admire the dedication it takes to have come this far together (and apart) and I thank you so much for sharing. I'm glad you've both come to an understanding about your individual needs and drives.

These days people just cash in their chips when the going gets rough or it seems that they're on different paths. So refreshing to hear when a couple works through it and stays true to their vows. Happy Anniversary, baby cakes!

And WTG on passing those chocolate-dipped strawberries out the door with Hallie!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #1841
Blabbermouth!!!

Just ducking in this morning to say still on plan and still feeling great!

Cheryl, I'm going to try to get that game table and rug photographed today. Still no chairs. Hoping they come in today or tomorrow.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #1842
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
on 35 years! That's quite an accomplishment! I agree, there are certainly challenging periods in every marriage. But you have persevered and grown together and are a wonderful couple and family! Hopefully, when you're through this round, you can get all dressed up and go celebrate! Very wet on the roses and strawberries!
Old 06-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #1843
Big Yapper!

Yea about the pictures! Have you been shopping for the chairs yet? I'm always amazed at how much a single chair costs.

Julie, not sure what you meant by "very wet on the strawberries and the roses." I'm thinking you meant sweet but that's missing a lot of letters.

Here comes the rain again... Just in time to go to work. Later, girls.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #1844
Blabbermouth!!!

I agree with both of you--so much of having "successful" marriage is just deciding that you intend to remain married, no matter what! No two people are ALWAYS thrilled with each other 100% of the time!

Last night I had what is always for me a sure sign of rapid weight loss--muscle cramps. Not just my calves, but my feet and my arms, too. Sheesh.

Today I took a mineral supplement and will probably drink some salty chicken broth right before I go to bed to try to prevent it from happening again tonight.

Today's food, so far:

B: 40 calorie toast w/spray
L: 3 oz sirloin, apple
D: will probably have another piece of steak. I had no beef yesterday and I felt weak and hungry. I need my beef!

I have an end-of-the year bridge party tonight and it's a salad potluck. So I will eat my piece of sirloin before I go, then sample whatever salads contain plain lettuce or veggies without dressing at the party. No one will notice. I've figured out that if YOU don't make a big deal about what you do or do not eat, no one else will even pay any attention.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #1845
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, low carb world. I'm feeling great this morning. Man, I love summer. The bright light energizes me, and I love having no commitments! I feel so free. It's my best time to diet. I always succeed in summertime, and I always gain weight in the winter. Funny--Hallie is the opposite. (Like you, Heidi.) She feels crappy in the summer, puts on weight, feels puffy. Then in the fall, it falls off with no effort.

I'm going to take her and a co-worker to lunch today. We are hosting a bridal shower here at my house for another co-worker of theirs, and we're going to do our planning today. Reminds me of two years ago when I started my first round of hcg. We had a bridal shower here that summer, too. I hope this is an omen that I will be as successful this summer as I was that summer!

I didn't eat as well as I had hoped at the bridge party last night. There were not any "undressed" salads. I just took a little dab of this and that and tried to leave most of it on my plate, but I probably had a few hundred calories. However, that should still have left me under a thousand for the day, so I should be fine. One thing about my two years of experience--I've learned that you can still lose if you eat more than 500.

My partner and I came in second on total score and also won "Most Slams," so I brought home 50 bucks!

I won't post today's foods yet, because I'll have to adapt myself depending on where we go to lunch. However, my intent is to stay right at 500 cals for today, since I went over that yesterday.

Also, I saw in a flyer that Albertson's has my favorite steaks, tri-tips (it's a cut of sirloin) on sale, so I'm going to go there and buy a boatload of them and freeze them individually in sandwich bags.

So that's my plan for today. Later!
Old 06-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #1846
Big Yapper!

KUTGW!! No time to chat. See my journal for news.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #1847
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Glad you're doing well! Just stopping in to say hi!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #1848
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi, Miss Latte! What's the haps with you these days?
Old 06-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #1849
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning (barely, here on the left coast)! I've been bustling around the house all morning, picking up and organizing, before I get after it this afternoon with the vacuum cleaner. I have my annual end of the year choir potluck here tonight. I have a tri-tip roast in the crockpot, which I will shred and serve with bbq sauce and buns for sandwiches, but I'll pull some out for me and put it over some salad so I can stay on plan.

Still waiting on my new game table chairs. Sad that they didn't get here before my party, but so it goes.

Oh--at last night's bridge thing, that partner and I came in fifth and we each got $20. So that's $70 in bridge winnings this week. Course, if I factored out how many hours I've played in order to "win" that, it'd come to about a penny an hour, haha. Guess I won't quit my day job.

So far today, it's just been a piece of low-cal toast and some coffee. Will post the rest of my foods later.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #1850
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, my new table, with my new rug underneath it:

Sadly, the chairs came in this afternoon and I didn't have time to go get them in time for my choir party. My old chairs look kind of crappy with the new table, but hey, they'll do the job.

P.S. How about that for a $150 table? I think it's so pretty!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #1851
Big Yapper!

I love it!! I think they are both perfect. I hope you love the chairs just as much. Can't wait to see the next pic that includes the chairs (hint hint.)

Have a lovely time tonight.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #1852
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, thank you! Glad you like them! Also got a shot of my dining table chairs that I ordered from overstock, but I don't have time to load it right now. Later!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #1853
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Hi, Miss Latte! What's the haps with you these days?
Life has been a little crazy lately! Had issues stabilizing due to some nasty adrenal issues, still a work in progress with my doctor. Getting super strict again soon though after I get into my new house that I close on tomorrow - yay!

Hope you had a nice Thursday!
Old 06-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #1854
Blabbermouth!!!

Sounds like a lot of positive things going on, MissL. Good for you.

I've been crazy busy for a couple of days--Dave came in early yesterday and we've been running around (got game table chairs picked up!) Friends coming over for Father's Day brunch tomorrow. Will do a better job of updating when I have a few minutes, which probably won't be until AFTER I get Dave off to the airport tomorrow afternoon.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:32 AM   #1855
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning, world. I'm up early for church. Gonna slip out right after the anthem to get home and get Dave's brunch started. He requested biscuits and gravy and home fries (the ethnic foods of our people, haha.) Obviously, I won't be having any of that stuff. I have some leftover pulled tri-tip with homemade SF sauce from the choir party, so I'll have that and probably an apple. Beef and apples. It's what I live on. I have come to realize those are both hunger-killers for me, which is undoubtedly why I have settled on eating them both so much when hcg-ing.

I have 2 weeks of final "crunch time" before we leave for Mexico!

Later, friends.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #1856
Big Yapper!

Beef and apples. Simple and effective! Mexico? I didn't realize you were going back again. Another family thing? Stupid question. It's always a family thing for you guys. Well, we want those chair pics before you head down.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend with Dave and KUTGW!
Old 06-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #1857
Blabbermouth!!!

Ugh. Let's just keep things short and sweet and say that yesterday's eating was a disaster. Nothing to do today but move on, which I will.

Other than my bad eating on Sunday, we had a great weekend. I've got a pretty open week this week, and I want to start a few projects. I have hundreds of papers in our office/hoarder room that need to be shredded, and I want to get started on that. Also must clear out a stall in the garage because Dave got a new motorcycle over the weekend, and at the moment, it is occupying my car's stall in the garage!

That's all for now. Will be back later.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #1858
Big Yapper!

He bought a bike? What kind? We want a pic of that along with the pic of the new chairs, when you have time. Is it new or preloved? Will you be riding with him sometimes?

Sorry you crashed and burned on the diet yesterday. I thought I did pretty well but I am thinking wrongly and just comparing how I ate with how I've been eating. Need to ratchet it down even more before I can see steady results.

Have a lovely and blessed day. We're in for a doozy of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Might have to medicate Cisco before I leave for work and put a diaper on her. She becomes incontinent of urine for a day after receiving that med. Joy. But I can't let her go into her panic zone while I'm away from the house. I am a better Mom than that.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #1859
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, check out my FB. There's a pic there of Dave on his new baby!

Poor Cissie. It's so heartbreaking when they're terrified, and I'm sure the medication incontinence is humiliating for her.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #1860
Big Yapper!

I'll go see FB when I'm done on LCF. Running behind schedule right now and it's after 10 here. The storm missed us so I'm glad I decided not to medicate her. When I thought of it (putting a diaper on her and then leaving her alone), I figured that might make her more anxious. The gamble paid off. We got some scary clouds and it got wicked windy at the farm but it just blew over and everything looked peaceful after that.
Closed Thread