Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 04:26 AM   #1801
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: usacoton
Stats: 256/177 after two rounds, 214/192 goal 175
WOE: HCG RX, R4P2 extended with FF thrown in here and t
Start Date: 3.2.2013
Lol ok I will start posting, it would not let me access the link you sent so I will be there hopefully soon

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2013, 04:29 AM   #1802
Senior LCF Member

Oh and I meant to reply about the horses... yes ma'am... they are in my heart forever! I told my kids if they ever put me in a nursing home it had better be one that had room for my horses and dogs or else I would come back and haunt them lol
Old 04-04-2013, 07:07 AM   #1803
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl, I took your advice and posted away my morning, lol... but it won't let me access that page. Any ideas?
Old 04-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #1804
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Sorry for high jacking your thread, Jessica. But she's so new that I can't PM her.

Usacoton, you'll have to send the Admins a comment under "contact us" (or something like that.) Go to the home page (click the "home" button at the top of the page), scroll down and look for something like that, click and then explain your problem. They will see what the problem is and get back to you quickly.

Hope you can get it sorted out.

Jessica! Where you hiding again? You like making us miss you!
Old 04-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #1805
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
We missssss you!
Old 04-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #1806
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Just popping in to see what you're up to. Glad to hear you had some great trips! I too enjoy traveling and usually bring home some unwanted souvenirs (lbs) as well. I'm sure clean eating will get it back off. Looking forward to an update .
Old 04-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #1807
Big Yapper!

Julie, she has vanished yet again. No telling when or where she'll pop up next.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #1808
Major LCF Poster!

Cheryl, if you hear from our friend, tell her we miss her!
Old 04-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #1809
Big Yapper!

I don't think I'll track her down this time. She knows we're out here. Let's just see what excuse she comes up with this time.

Why don't you PM her, Heidi. It will go to her email address.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:42 PM   #1810
Major LCF Poster!

Good idea! I hadn't thought of that!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:04 AM   #1811
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Good morning, friends! I still live! Just not being very attentive to my diet, which is almost always how it is when I'm not here, haha.

I am , as always, extremely busy, but I've learned the hard way that I do MUCH better with my eating and weight when I come here and talk about it, so I"m going to try to do better.

Meanwhile, I'm on my way for my Monday second grade gig, so I've got to get moving. Happy Tax Day (haHA!) to all. If you feel bad about your taxes, console yourself with the fact that you probably don't have to mail off a five-digit check like I do!

Later, gators.

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 04-15-2013, 08:42 AM   #1812
Big Yapper!

Ouch! Glad you're back. Whether you're on a plan or just having a good ole time, we like to see you and hear what's going on. Next time you disappear, I probably won't even be tracking you down. We're getting too used to your disappearing acts. Nah, I'll always track you down.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #1813
Major LCF Poster!

Always happy to see you around, Jessica!
Old 05-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #1814
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello, Low Carb Friends.

I promise, I did NOT die or drop off the face of the earth. I just suddenly couldn't deal with dieting or obsessing for another moment, so I had to step away.

I'm fine, though, and will be back one day soon when I get my head together!
Old 05-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #1815
Major LCF Poster!

So happy to see you!
Old 06-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #1816
Blabbermouth!!!

Just stopping by for my "I'm still alive" announcement, haha!

I decided to do another hcg round, and I am on day 5 of it. So far, I'm right back in the swing of things!
Old 06-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #1817
Major LCF Poster!

Good for you, Jess! Always happy seeing you around here.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #1818
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi, Heidi! (This is making me laugh, because way back in the sixties when I was a little girl, there was a doll called "Hi Heidi." You pushed a button on her back and her arm flipped up into the air to wave "hi" to you.)

I am on day....8, I think, and feeling incredibly good. Honestly, I wonder if I should take those homeopathic hcg pellets all the time. They just do something for me.

I feel a good bit smaller, clothes are loosening, belly flatter, etc., but I haven't weighed. I don't want to get all weight-obsessed again. I think I'll shoot for maybe a once-a-week weigh-in, maybe? I'm not sure, still contemplating it.

I got a check for $2100 from the school district for my second grade teaching. (Don't be impressed--I had to work from January to May to earn it, haha.) Anyway, I spent it on a new game table for my family room. My old one was much used and much beloved, having hosted probably HUNDREDS of board game and card game parties when my kids were teens. And then there are the many, many bridge games I've hosted at it. It also serves as an extra dining table on holidays and when I have my twice-yearly choir potluck here.

Anyway, I was wandering around, looking in different shops, and I came across this sort of "scratch and dent" pool table store in the basement of a warehouse. I went in, although it was sort of creepy, and there sat this very attractive, simple round pedestal table. The manager told me he ordered for a lady, just the table without chairs, and she decided it was too big so she brought it back. He said "I've been trying to sell for a couple of years, but nobody wants a table with no chairs." So I asked him what kind of price he'd make me if I took it off his hands on the spot, and he sold it to me for $150!

So the way I see it, that left me 1950 more dollars to do other stuff with (naturally including getting some chairs.) Anyway, he offered to let me look at his game table catalog and pick some chairs, and order them for me at cost. I picked some, but we agreed that if I don't like them I can refuse them and order something different. The chairs were $140 each, which still left me with plenty, so I ordered a new area rug to go under the game table and also four new dining chairs, all from Overstock, and I STILL have money left! Man, I love a bargain.

I'm going to post a picture of what I have so far, but of course, I have no game table chairs yet!

P.S. Edited to add that for perspective, my original game table and 4 chair set cost me about $2800! So that $150 table is quite a coup!

Last edited by verbqueen; 06-07-2013 at 01:36 PM..
Old 06-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #1819
Blabbermouth!!!

Also, for old time sake, my food today and yesterday:

6/6
B: 40 calorie toast with ICBINB spray
L: cabbage, chicken and apple salad
D: small piece grilled cod, cantaloupe

6/7
B: 40 calorie toast w/spray
L: apple, P2 chili
D: will be sirloin cubes and an arugula salad w/ homemade calorie-free dressing, plus either another apple or some strawberries
Old 06-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #1820
Big Yapper!

Wow, Jessica! I love a bargain, too. Can't wait to see the pics of the new stuff. What will you be doing with the old table and chairs? I hate to part with things that have lots of good Karma associated with them. All the laughter and drinks and good times shared. Sorry; I hope that doesn't make you want to hang on to it.

Pics, please! I just bought a mattress at Overstock. Never bought anything from that place before. I'm still deciding how I feel about it but I like it more today than I did yesterday. Only slept on it one night.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #1821
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm the same way. Cheryl. I'm very sentimental about things that have a lot of love and joy associated with them. I've wept my heart out every time we've moved (and as you know, that's a LOT of times) because each house has been the location for so much joy and some sorrow, too. I also get choked up parting with an old car.

You have to let stuff go, though. I know this. When you have too much stuff, just having to deal with it and care for it can absorb your entire life!

I'm feeling happy tonight! I went to Costco today (I tried to go Wed., and found it closed with a bomb threat!) I wanted to look at the books--there's one out that I want but I didn't want to pay full price for it.

They didn't have the book, but while I was there, I ducked into the optometrist's office there to make an appointment for an eye exam. I'm way past due. They happened to be free right at that moment, so they sat me right down and squeezed me in before the next patient. My scrip hadn't changed and everything looked fine, but I told the doctor about how I've been only wearing one contact on days when I need to see close-up, like singing rehearsal and performance days.

That way, I can read my music close-up with my uncorrected eye and still see distance with my eye that has a contact in. Anyway, she said she'd write a much weaker prescription for one eye, so I can still see close up with it but get a little help with distance. The other eye will have a full strength correction. She gave me sample lenses, and it works GREAT! I can see well both close up and far away! Hooray--no ugly reading glasses for me!
Old 06-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #1822
Big Yapper!

That's perfect, Jessica! I wish I could get something like that. I need reading glasses to see up close. I don't own contacts. WTG!

It's late here so I'll say goodnight.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #1823
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Hi, Heidi! (This is making me laugh, because way back in the sixties when I was a little girl, there was a doll called "Hi Heidi." You pushed a button on her back and her arm flipped up into the air to wave "hi" to you.)
I like this. The button on my back makes my hair change to purple.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #1824
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon bit View Post
I like this. The button on my back makes my hair change to purple.
I'd really love to witness this.

Nothing going on here today. I'm still feeling really great--a little bit hungry, but great. I went outside and cut up the cartons that the dining chairs came in and stuffed some of them into my recycling bins. They won't all go--some must wait for the next trash day. But the sort of energy I have to do things like that seems to abound when I'm doing hhcg. Strange. Probably psychosomatic placebo effect, but who cares?

I'm going to a piano and trumpet recital this afternoon for one of my choir kids who's graduating next week. Boy will I miss him. He's been in my program since he was five.

On the way home I'm stopping by the strawberry stand. I've discovered that if I buy really ripe strawberries, cut them up and sweeten them with a bit of liquid Splenda and put individual servings into ziplock bags and freeze, I can make a really great delicious dessert with them any time I like. I partially thaw, mush them around in the big with either some cream if I'm low carbing, or a 10 calorie spoon full of cool whip free if I'm hcg-ing, and have something not unlike strawberry ice cream. Yum.

So while the strawberries are being sold at stands all over Orange County right now, I want to stock my freezer!

Today's food:

B: 40 calorie toast with spray
L: P2 chili, apple
D: not sure yet--thinking I will have a big Saturday night on the town and maybe go to El Pollo Loco for a grilled chicken breast and side salad, haha. And slightly frozen strawberries for dessert!
Old 06-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #1825
Big Yapper!

Jessica, I'd really love to hear a "what I did while I was MIA from LCF" if you care to share. We really missed you and had pretty much given up on you ever returning. At least I did. I'd love to know how you spent all those weeks away.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #1826
Blabbermouth!!!

Well...I can't remember when I was last here and what I said, but here's my last few months in a nutshell:

In February, I did the most challenging thing of my life, up to now, and sang a big (high soprano) solo in a concert with the Irvine Symphony. And totally nailed it. Also began my teaching gig at the elementary school.

In March, I traveled for most of the month. I went to Seattle to meet my best friend from my Illinois days at our townhome and spend a few days running around (mostly eating and drinking excessively--numerous stops were made at wineries and brew pubs) with her and Dave, then stayed over and visited with the boys for a few days. Then I pretty much immediately turned around and went to Tulsa for my mom's 80th birthday, where we threw her a big party. Also excessive eating and drinking occurred. Holy Week and numerous services and choirs after that.

In April was Easter, also much choral stuff, followed by my birthday, another weekend of excessive eating and drinking, followed by taking my kids to the big choir festival. Also squeezed into that was taxes and several meetings with reps from Oklahoma State regarding our alumni club.

May was Mother's Day (you know what's coming--excessive eating and drinking), another big Master Chorale concert, several end of the year parties for my various groups, and our church's big Music Ministry Sunday. Then Dave and I went on vacation to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon (much eating etc. etc.).

Squeezed in amongst all that, I had to make up literally a dozen bridge games that weren't played earlier in the year because my partner kind of disappeared on me. I won't be playing with that lady next year, by the way.

So there you have it. Nothing exotic, but I was so freaking busy I felt like I had no time to sit and muse on the internet. Also, I was gaining weight like crazy from all the traveling and celebrating, and it was too depressing to contemplate.

You can probably tell that everything is over for the year and now I have time to think about ME--as well as to play on LCF! Hooray!
Old 06-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #1827
Big Yapper!

Yea! So she's back and we know why she's been so absent. You are forgiven!
Old 06-09-2013, 07:58 AM   #1828
Blabbermouth!!!

An early Sunday morning check-in, just like old times!

My elementary school group is singing this morning, but the adult choir isn't, so I don't have to be there until 9:10. I hardly know what to do with all the extra time!

This is basically my last "thing" until fall. I'll be free to goof off all summer now, and I intend to focus on my health and fitness.

I'm already feeling like a new person after 8 days of P2. Next big step will be to step on that scale and weigh. Not today, though.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #1829
Big Yapper!

That's so great, how hhcg makes you feel so well. I hope the scale shows you a number that is consistent with how your body feels at this point. Nice to have some extra time on a Sunday morning! Glad you'll have some fooling-around time for the rest of the summer.

Hey! Where are those pics of the new table and chairs and rug you promised? I just noticed what round you're in, to the left in the "woe" line. I'll bet it almost feels like that many.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #1830
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I just noticed what round you're in, to the left in the "woe" line. I'll bet it almost feels like that many.
It does.
Closed Thread