Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #1771
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Well...let's just say that my weekend had one very rocky 24 hour patch, but I got it reined in and back on track. I'll leave it at that. (And Heidi, yeah....you are SO right.)

Anyway, other than my dietary challenges, Dave and I had a fun weekend. We had Hallie over on Saturday and watched our beloved Oklahoma State (we all went there--Dave and I and both kids) thump Texas at basketball. We went out to dinner on the beach right at sunset with our good friends. Sunday, we fired up the spa and enjoyed a beautiful afternoon, and cooked our lunch on the grill. We had summer-like weather all weekend, so that helped!

Today, I am getting ready to go teach second graders. Not really sure what to do with them today. They seem to enjoy singing, but they aren't strong and independent enough to sing the songs we've learned so far in round form. I tried once, and they lost it. When the second group came in, the first group immediately forgot what they were doing and ended up joining in with the second group. And since I don't have anyone to help me with leading two sections, I'm not sure how to get over that hump. I believe today I'm going to teach a new song that isn't a round, but has some back and forth singing.

That's it, for now!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #1772
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Oh, your weekend sounds heavenly! Perfect for all of you. I'm glad you enjoyed your time together. That's what it's all about. Too funny about the second graders attempt at singing in round form. You can always go back to the graham crackers!

Have fun today with your little munchkins. I'm sure you'll get them jazzed up and find something appropriate for them to sing or do.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:49 AM   #1773
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, world. I'm up early today because I have an early IPL appointment. This one will just about finish off my series for my hands and arms, and they are looking much better.

I was SO HUNGRY all day yesterday, I suppose as a result of my bad 24 hours. I ended up eating closer to 1000 calories, but I got through it. Hoping to return to normal today. Must run!!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #1774
Blabbermouth!!!

Sheesh. I wrote out a big, long post and clicked away without hitting "post reply." Duh. Well--I'll give you the thumbnail summary:

1. Was less hungry today, thank goodness
2. IPL hurt because I asked her to hit those last remaining brown spots as hard as she could.

That's about it. See you tomorrow!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #1775
Big Yapper!

Oh no! (on losing the long post and the extra-hard hit with the IPL.) I hope the recovery from the treatments is better than the treatments themselves. I'm tired and have to call it a day. Sleep well, Jessica.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #1776
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, world! Sorry I missed yesterday. I don't really like to do that--I think I do better and stay more focused when I check in here faithfully every single day.

Yesterday was one of those days--a meeting at 9:00 that ended at 11:30, a quick run home to fix myself a quick lunch, then back out for bridge from 1:30-5. Then an even quicker run home for some supper, and back out for a hair appointment at six, which like always, took nearly 3 hours. (My hair processes color REALLY SLOWLY. It's very resistant. It is also VERY SLOW to dry and style. Plus, I needed a good haircut because I didn't have one last time and it grows too heavy to be able to style.)

I don't like days like that, where I have to rush from one thing to the next. I need my leisure. This morning, I slept in, gave my kitchen a good scrubbing, and wandered the house picking things up that were out of place, straightening up, etc. If I have too many days in a row where I can't do that in my own slow and plodding fashion, I wake up one day and my house looks like it was hit by a nuclear bomb.

The eating is challenging this week. I just feel hungry all the time. I'm eating more than 500 calories, but trying to just add in extra protein to fight the hunger. Seems to be the best I can do right now. I am still taking the hcg and still limiting my food intake, but I've quit ticking off the days on my avatar details because I'm not really following the plan as it's laid out. I'm sure I can still lose eating more like 1000 calories, but it's not going to be crazy fast like it is with 500. Hoping this hunger will subside and I can ease back down to 500.

Choir day, so I must scoot. Later!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #1777
Big Yapper!

I hope your hunger settles down, Jessica. That's awful when you can't feel like you're getting enough to eat. That was one busy day yesterday! I don't like days like that either. How is Bridge played? I don't think I've ever known anyone other than you who have played that card game.

Sleep tight, cutie.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #1778
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
We have a Bridge group that meets every other week at the church. I've never played. They are so incredibly serious over there that they glare at me if they see me in the hall and they keep the door shut tight. I've wondered what the hype is, though!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #1779
Big Yapper!

Maybe Jessica will have to be tight-lipped about it, too. We'll see soon enough.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #1780
Major LCF Poster!

Well I have to admit I've wondered if they are gambling in there! There's got to be something about it that people love!
Old 03-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #1781
Blabbermouth!!!

Haha about the bridge, girls. I often feel like I'm the only person under 80 who plays it. My parents were passionate about bridge. It was a big part of middle class social life in the South when I was growing up. They insisted we girls learn how to play (mostly because I think they just wanted to work on their game at home, and needed two other people to fill out the table.) My sisters hated it, but I always loved the game. It's a trick-taking game not unlike Hearts or Spades, if you've ever played either of those. However, what suit is the trump suit changes with each hand, and there is a complicated bidding system to determine what will be trump, which is what makes it difficult to learn. I love it because it requires some serious concentration and strategic thinking, making it a good stress reliever for me. You can't stew about your troubles and play bridge at the same time!

I've had a busy weekend--happy hour and some shopping with Hallie Friday night, sang for a friend's father's funeral yesterday and my usual choir routine today (and a very painful hour early!) I"m tired, and see a nap looming in my plans this afternoon.

My eating has been all over the map, and I"m calling this hcg round over. I'm grateful for the 12 days I did, and for the weight I lost, and will try to keep it off until my two big trips are over and I can start again.

Cheryl, I have your pork roast recipe in the oven right now! Gonna just eat low carb until the traveling is over. That's something I know how to do in my sleep, even on the road and in restaurants.

I'm off to food and nap time. Later!
Old 03-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #1782
Big Yapper!

Thanks for explaining the game of Bridge, Jessica. It does sound complicated and fun. No wonder people want to keep it Hush-Hush. Secret society stuff.

I hope your 12 P2 days did you some good. Enjoy that yummy pork tenderloin with that to-die-for sauce. Oooh la la! And then get yourself a good nap. Sorry to hear that someone in your circle died. I'm sure it meant a lot to her to have you sing at the funeral.

Sweet dreams.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #1783
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning, world! I got up early today (again, ugh) because Mondays have become more complex--my cleaning lady comes AND I need to be dressed and out the door at 9:00, lesson plan in hand, for my day of teaching. So I've been bustling around for the last hour, picking stuff up, stripping my bed and throwing the sheets in the washer, etc.

To alleviate my guilt for quitting hcg early, I'm planning to eat VLC until my mom's birthday, so I'll feel good about myself on that trip. So today's brekkie was sausage and black coffee.

Must run!
Old 03-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #1784
Big Yapper!

I hope you're day slows down somewhat! Have a good one.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:56 AM   #1785
Blabbermouth!!!

Howdy, low carb friends. Yesterday turned out fine. My cleaning lady did not come. She called from the hospital, where she had driven her husband in the middle of the night with what turned out to be a gall bladder attack. (Naturally, they were fearful of a heart attack, but his heart is fine.) But the upside of all that for me is that after spending an hour doing the "power tidying" routine, my house is neat and stress-free for me, so it's all good.

She's going to come instead on Thursday afternoon, which is when I'm leaving for Seattle. So that'll be great--I'll come home to a cleaned house when I get back next Tuesday.

The teaching was a delight, as always. I made up a little game where we sat on the floor and rolled a ball from person to person. When the ball came to you, you had to say your name (that's to help me learn names--nothing to do with the game, haha) and do a little chant I made up about different notes--whole, half, quarter, etc., and the roll the ball to another person. Not much of a game, but they liked it. Then they sang through the three songs I've taught them, and that was the thirty minutes. Wish I had them for an hour--I could teach so much more.

For the next 2 weeks, I'll go in on Wednesday because of my two trips.

I feel a little bit bad that I didn't lose the massive amount of weight that I daydreamed about before these trips, but I know that's ridiculous. It is all tangled up with one of my basic problems, some kind of belief that I can't really jump in and truly savor anything unless I'm some sort of idealized, supermodel thin version of myself. It's dumb because this is it--the only life we get, and every day must be fully lived. It's dumb to try to save all your happiness for some future, thin you who "deserves" to be happy. We all deserve joy--fat or thin, old or young, and we deserve it EVERY day, not some vague tomorrow.

So I'm going to really try to live in the moment and completely enjoy these two reunions coming up--one in Seattle with our old and beloved friend, and one in Tulsa with my family. Although I'm not as thin as I wish I were, I know I look perfectly fine, and no one will be thinking about my weight but me.

Today is lunch with Hallie, and then a bridge game in the afternoon. It's beautifully sunny, and is supposed to be in the low 80s. So a perfectly lovely day--time for me to go out there and enjoy it.

Blessings to you, Cheryl, and anyone else who stumbles by!

Last edited by verbqueen; 03-12-2013 at 09:58 AM..
Old 03-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #1786
Big Yapper!

Absolutely! Well-said and pertains to each of us. Let's really focus on finding our "happy place." Tomorrow never comes. I hope you have a wonderful time in Seattle. Hope you will still be hanging with us.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:16 AM   #1787
Big Yapper!

You must be very busy in Seattle, to have forgotten all of us on LCF. Hope you're having a great time!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #1788
Major LCF Poster!

I keep checking back, but missing you, girl!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #1789
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: buttah
Stats: 189/137/136-140
WOE: peri-meno "corrective" R4
Start Date: LowCal/Dukan/JUDD 2/12-8/12, then 3 rounds rxHCG
How did I miss your pop in to my journal?! How are you? Come back and say hi again!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #1790
Major LCF Poster!

Ring ring...ring ring...brrrriiiiiing!
Old 03-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #1791
Big Yapper!

She baled on us, Bacon bit.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #1792
Major LCF Poster!

I think so. Call the authorities!!!
Old 03-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #1793
Big Yapper!

I wonder if there's a bounty on her head. I'm really surprised she hasn't been back since she left for Seattle. I hope she's okay. JESSICA!! Send us a sign that you are at least okay! Maybe I'll email her. That's what I'll do...
Old 03-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #1794
Major LCF Poster!

Good idea!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #1795
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica
Hi! Yes, I'm great. You may remember that my two trips ran into each other. Got home from Seattle late last Tuesday night, taught second grade on Wed. and then left for Tulsa early Thurs. morning. Still there. My mom's big birthday party went great. Have had limited Internet access and VERY busy with relatives. Going home to CA tonite.

Thank you for caring about and checking on me! If you get a minute, you are welcome to let folks know I'm alive!
So, mystery solved! I had forgotten she was going to Tulsa after Seattle.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #1796
Major LCF Poster!

Cancel that call to the authorities! Thanks for checking on her for us, and Jessica, can't wait to hear from you!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #1797
Blabbermouth!!!

She lives! Shelives! (Ha--that's the church choir lady in me channeling Easter hymns!)

However, yes, I do live. Lord only knows how much weight I gained with all the partying, but I"m home now and very glad to be. I've had enough excess, and am anxious to get back to my usual moderate lifestyle.

Seattle was SO much fun--all we seemed to do was tour wineries and breweries. MUCH eating and drinking took place, but our reunion with our beloved friend, Wendy, was so joyous. It's like the 25 years since we were living in the same town had never even happened. Weather was suck, though--typical Seattle. It was 45 and drizzly the entire time I was there. I honestly do not know how they stand it.

Tulsa was great, too. I spent much time giggling with my sisters. Mom's party came off better than our wildest expectations. We had it in Janet's parish hall, since it's beautiful and has a fireplace and the rent was FREE, haha. We did all the cooking so mom could safely eat, so it was much work. Dave contributed a couple of cases of champagne, so good time was definitely had by all. I'd say she had 50 friends there, including a surprise visit from my aunt from Texas, which thrilled my mom to no end. I think I told you guys we were going to hire a pianist and sing for mom, which we did. She LOVED it, and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. We sang How Can I Keep from Singing, Morning Has Broken, and Sisters (from White Christmas), all in three-part harmony.

Tulsa had dreadful weather, too--cloudy, drizzly and in the 20s and 30s for much of the time I was there. Very unusual for this late in March.

Suffice to say that I'm even fatter than when I left, but ready to get to work on it. Bear with me--today is choir day, so must run. But I'm back!
Old 03-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #1798
Big Yapper!

Yea! So glad you had such a fabulous time in each local. Sorry about the weather, but I can relate. At least you got to leave it behind you and return to the climate that you love and can pretty much count on. I'm so jealous.

I'm really glad that you let your hair down and partied hardy with all your loved ones. That's what life is about. Sharing great times with the ones who matter to us. Living! Home and please don't be a stranger. We missed you!
Old 04-03-2013, 05:30 AM   #1799
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: usacoton
Stats: 256/177 after two rounds, 214/192 goal 175
WOE: HCG RX, R4P2 extended with FF thrown in here and t
Start Date: 3.2.2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Rachel, what an absolutely marvelous thing you're working on. Diva and I are both musicians who work with kids (I'm more of an amateur, but she's a pro!) and I SO believe in the power of the arts to help people figure out who they really are and what they really feel.

I also have a very limited job--about a day and a half a week--but I love it and it's really just about enough for me.

I don't really use recipes for P2, but I have certain things I like to do regularly. Tonight I'm going to brown some 96/4 beef with cumin, onion powder, chili powder, garlic, etc., moisten it with some chicken broth, and then dump in a bag of finely shredded lettuce, for a sort of taco salad. I eat tons of lettuce and cabbage on P2 because they're bulky and seem to help stretch the sparse amount of protein we're allowed!

I also like to make a salad with chopped up chicken, chopped up apple, lettuce and celery and shake it up with a sweetened Dijon/ACV dressing.

Another thing I did a lot last round was thaw frozen cooked shrimp and eat it with a homemade cocktail sauce of tomato sauce, vinegar, liquid Splenda and horseradish.

I know what you mean about eating the same things every day, though--I did the same last time and probably will this time, too.
Jessica, I have been following your blog with interest... reading about your adventures and experiences have motivated me to stick to it! Was wondering if you could post your recipe for p2 chili, chicken, slaw and cocktail sauce ? And anything else you thought would be helpful for p2? I have seen references to them, but not real recipes...
Thank you so much and continued health and best wishes
~juli
Old 04-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #1800
Big Yapper!

Juli, gunna assume you are a horse lover. Come on over and enjoy our thread! It might be a while before you're allowed to come play on "the playground." I think you have to have 25 posts or something like that, but you can post a lot and then you can come join us. You'll love it!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/be...-need-one.html

Post, girl! Post! Short posts count as much as long ones do. Hurry!

Love you, Jessica! Didn't mean to try and steal your lady. Just recruitin, that's all. Where are you? Have we lost you again so soon?
Closed Thread