Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #1741
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
P.S. Luckily, I had not yet gotten into the tub, or I'd have bled to death by now....

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #1742
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Hooboy, big drama here! Maurice (my grandcat) just went for an accidental swim in my big jacuzzi tub. After splashing and floundering for a few minutes, he took off down the hall and went under Hallie's bed. I'm wondering if I will see him again this weekend...
Nothing like a drowned kitty to liven things up! Is he okay now?
Old 02-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #1743
Blabbermouth!!!

He emerged about an hour later looking VERY clean and shiny, haha. He seems fine. We had a little play sesh and he seemed to be having a fine time.

I ended up having steak for lunch and P2 chili for dinner. I made a big recipe of it so I could have a few servings to stick in the fridge. I will take one with me to church in the morning so I can nuke it and eat it before I go to the concert.

It's taken every bit of forbearance I could muster not to sneak in a little 11th hour singing practice today, but I've resisted. I know I'll be glad to have a rested voice. I tried to do what you said, and listen to my tapes of myself--both the early, bad versions and the later improved versions when I figured out that managing the consonants is key. But I didn't sing along--I just thought about it a lot.

Hahaha--I'm like professor Harold Hill in The Music Man--I'm making music with the "think system."

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 02-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #1744
Big Yapper!

Good. You know how to sing, you need to rest your vocal chords. I'm glad you did the virtual singing. I'm sure that will cement the same practices as if you had actually sung. Can't wait to hear how everything goes tomorrow! The Peace of the Lord is Your Strength! You Shall not Waiver.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:51 AM   #1745
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, world. I slept fitfully and woke up too early, but two cups of strong coffee and I'm bright-eyed and bushy tailed.

I did a few VERY gentle warm-ups already, just to see if it's there this morning. Woke up feeling kind of "cold-y," and went uh oh....so I was concerned.

But when I opened up the blinds to look out, I saw that the Santa Anas are really kicking up, so it's almost certainly hay fever. Already took my Allegra, so I should by good to go in a half hour or so.

I probably will only sing very lightly in church this morning, and will lip-sync my way through the choral parts of the Mass. It's sad, because my section needs me, but the brutal solo is literally on the very last page and I can't afford to blow my voice out.

In other news, today is Day 5! Im working my way rapidly toward a full week on plan. I ever so briefly contemplated weighing this morning, but thought, "hey, you don't mess with a streak." This is going very well for me, so I'm just going to keep riding it out just like I am, focusing on what I eat and how I feel. I can always weigh later down the road.

In March, I have two big trips to take. I'm meeting my best friend of my adult life, Wendy, in Seattle for a long weekend March 15-18, and my mother's 80th birthday is the following weekend, so I'm turning right around and going to Tulsa the next weekend.

Therefore, I need to be on P3 by then, realistically. It'll time out right down to the wire, with me finishing up my 23 day round just as I'm arriving in Seattle. I know I've stayed on P2 and travelled before, so if I somehow feel like I can do it, I will consider it when the time comes.

And now, I'm off to the races. Say a little prayer for me, anyone who happens by. I'll be a happier person when this day is over!
Old 02-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #1746
Big Yapper!

Can't wait to hear how it went!
Old 02-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #1747
Blabbermouth!!!

Nailed it!
Old 02-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #1748
Big Yapper!

YEA!!!!!! KNEW YOU WOULD.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:49 AM   #1749
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Monday! I am delighted to have reached Day 6 and to still be on plan!

After I got home from the concert last night, I just collapsed and watched TV in my nightgown, and went to bed early and slept the sleep of the VERY RELIEVED.

I'm still kind of giddy about it. I sang with the Irvine Symphony, and I nailed that high A dead on! I think this was a real breakthrough for me. I think I can sing in front of any group now, without much fear!

Even better, I did not fall into nervous eating and fall off plan on such a momentously stressful day. Nor did I do any celebratory eating afterward. I thought about "rewarding" myself by having a nice meal with a glass of wine on the way on the way home, but instead, I just came home and had my leftover P2 chili and OF COURSE, half an apple!

So, yesterday's meals (a wee bit rogue)ha
B: 3 slices thin microwave bacon (I felt that with my long day and the possibility of no lunch, protein was better than an apple. Only 75 calories)
L: 3 slices of deli roast beef from the Trader Joe's near church, eaten in the car on the way to the concert
D: P2 chili and half an apple

Today, I have the worst kind of call-in jury duty, the kind where you have to call at noon to see if you report at 1:00. Ugh. I will be back later to report on my day's food, and what happened with the jury duty.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #1750
Big Yapper!

I'm so very proud of you, my friend. It takes a strong person to turn leftover P2 chili into a celebration! Any chance that someone videotaped your performance? Would love to see you in action. It's surprisingly easy to upload video to Youtube. Facebook seems a tad more aggravating to me.

Oh, yuck! I hate those call-in things. That gives me agita. I hope you don't have to go. Have a splendid day, basking in the glow of last night's victory. Thank you Lord for making Jessica shine for your Glory.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #1751
Blabbermouth!!!

Didn't have to go today. But still have to call in tomorrow, and probably every day this week. It makes life rather difficult to plan.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #1752
Big Yapper!

That bites. Might as well just have to go and get it over with! I hate when things are looming over me like that. I hope you can still have a nice week in spite of that.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #1753
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shelle135
Stats: 320/238/135
WOE: HCG injections
Start Date: May 26, 2013
Hi Verbqueen! I am planning my 3rd attempt of R1 of hcg this Friday. Since the last attempt I have read much material, worked on understanding true hunger, etc. I would like to read through your journal for inspiration. Congrats on your great accomplishments!

Blessings
Shelle
Old 02-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #1754
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome, Shelle! Glad you stopped in. My advice--just keep after it. If you start and fail, gather your inner resources and start again. Because it DOES work! Later I'll stop by YOUR journal for inspiration!

This has to be a quick drive-by check in for me. Today is Day 7, I feel great and my jeans are noticeably looser today! I'm giddy with joy! Sure, it took me a few months to get rolling again, but I'm DOING IT!

Gotta run. I'm squeezing in a quick lunch with Hallie before I call in and find out if I have to report to the courthouse or not. Taking my iPad with me, so if I do have to report, I'll spend the afternoon on LCF visiting with you guys!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #1755
Blabbermouth!!!

Howdy, any Low Carb Friends who should happen to drop by. I picked Hallie up for lunch at 11:30, called in on my cell phone at 12 and found out I did not have to go in. Yay! 2 days of suspense over, 3 to go. (Actually, as I recall, they don't seat juries on Fridays, so maybe only 2?)

Tomorrow is my day to teach the second graders, so I'm about to settle in and write out my lesson plan. (I feel so much more confident when I have every little detail written out!) My plan is to use graham crackers to teach note values. Each child will get a graham cracker on a paper plate. The whole graham cracker will represent a whole note. Then we will break it in half and have 2 half notes. Then, we'll break those halves in half and have four quarter notes. Then we can put them together in different ways to learn all the ways we can create a four-beat measure! One of the teachers gave me the idea, and I think it's brilliant. Hmmmm.....perhaps we'll even break one of the quarters in half to make eighth notes....

Whatever time we have left at the end of that will be used for singing and playing our little singing game, The Color Game.

Gosh--maybe I don't really need a lesson plan for this!

Regarding my jury duty, my last class is from 12 to 12:30, and if I have to report, it would be at 1:00. So I could probably make it over there if I took off immediately and gunned it. So I'll just call between the 3rd and last class and see what they say. Perhaps I'll end the last class ten minutes early, if I have to go to the courthouse.

Last edited by verbqueen; 02-26-2013 at 08:10 PM..
Old 02-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #1756
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/223/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 1/2014
Thanks for stopping by my journal and remembering me....excited to be back on this journey...stop by anytime, and I will be here also to cheer you on....greattttttttt job your doing <3
Old 02-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #1757
Blabbermouth!!!

Today's food:

B: microwave bacon, black coffee
L: skewered shrimp over a bed of green salad, hot tea
D: steak cubes, apple, iced green tea

Edit: Hi Stacy! I got a school library certification years ago, at SEMO State in Cape Girardeau. I never did work as a school librarian, though. Glad you stopped by.

Last edited by verbqueen; 02-26-2013 at 08:16 PM..
Old 02-26-2013, 08:31 PM   #1758
Big Yapper!

Cheering you on and love the graham cracker idea. Your students will always remember these cute ideas that helped them grasp music in a way that is greater than just listening to it. You're doing great on hhcg so far too, and I'm glad you've been able to dodge the court bullet thus far. Hugs!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #1759
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/223/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Howdy, any Low Carb Friends who should happen to drop by. I picked Hallie up for lunch at 11:30, called in on my cell phone at 12 and found out I did not have to go in. Yay! 2 days of suspense over, 3 to go. (Actually, as I recall, they don't seat juries on Fridays, so maybe only 2?)

Tomorrow is my day to teach the second graders, so I'm about to settle in and write out my lesson plan. (I feel so much more confident when I have every little detail written out!) My plan is to use graham crackers to teach note values. Each child will get a graham cracker on a paper plate. The whole graham cracker will represent a whole note. Then we will break it in half and have 2 half notes. Then, we'll break those halves in half and have four quarter notes. Then we can put them together in different ways to learn all the ways we can create a four-beat measure! One of the teachers gave me the idea, and I think it's brilliant. Hmmmm.....perhaps we'll even break one of the quarters in half to make eighth notes....

Whatever time we have left at the end of that will be used for singing and playing our little singing game, The Color Game.

Gosh--maybe I don't really need a lesson plan for this!

Regarding my jury duty, my last class is from 12 to 12:30, and if I have to report, it would be at 1:00. So I could probably make it over there if I took off immediately and gunned it. So I'll just call between the 3rd and last class and see what they say. Perhaps I'll end the last class ten minutes early, if I have to go to the courthouse.
ahhhhhh i love 2nd graders...I used to teach 1st grade, but the politics of education, state test expectations etc have led me into librarian...Less parents, less standarized tests etc, but still get to be with the kiddos.....love your cracker idea...kids love anything I think involving food...we used to play bingo with the marshamallows from lucky charms and wow you would be surprised how fast they learn to count with skittles.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:39 AM   #1760
Big Yapper!

Have a happy day, Jessica! Hope you can dodge another jury duty bullet.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #1761
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
What the heck kind of jury duty is that? I've never heard of that!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:01 PM   #1762
Blabbermouth!!!

Dodged the bullet for another day! Off to a meeting--more later.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:54 PM   #1763
Blabbermouth!!!

So the graham cracker lesson went well, although it was a little more chaotic than I hoped. It's hard for littl kids to break a graham cracker, I learned!

I felt great today! I don't know if it's "real" or the placebo effect, but every time I do hhcg, I feel fantastic.

Today's food:

B: 40 calorie toast w/ zero calorie spray
L: cubed beef
D: grilled chicken breast, fresh salsa, lettuce
Old 02-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #1764
Big Yapper!

Here's to feeling fantastic! (Imaginary glasses clink)
Old 02-28-2013, 10:08 PM   #1765
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey world--just a (very late) check-in. You know how my Thursdays are. So, I didn't have to go to jury duty today, either, and this time the phone message said "your service is now complete." So no calling in tomorrow! I am done! Sounded like all the other groups had to go in at some point in the week, so I guess there's something good about being in the noon-call group!

Today's food:

B: 40 cal toast
L: beef cubes and apple
D: green salad with strawberries and chicken

Feeling hungry tonight, but not going to eat anything. Tomorrow will be Day 10!
Old 03-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #1766
Blabbermouth!!!

Here I am on day ten! I had lunch out with my friends Mona and Paula today. They voted for Chinese, so I did the best I could. I ordered chicken and vegetables and kind of fished out the chicken pieces and the celery and snow peas. Not ideal, but no so bad. Dinner will be some steak cubes. I'll skip today's apple to try to offset whatever sauce i ate along with the chicken.

Picking Dave up tonight at John Wayne at 7:30. Already have anxiety about overeating while he is here. For the last few months, I have done this every time he has come home. This time, I WILL NOT.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #1767
Big Yapper!

You are a rock star, Jessica! Very proud of you in regard of your lunch date and I'm sure you'll do your best over the weekend with your DH. You are going to do great, honey!
Old 03-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #1768
Blabbermouth!!!

Day 11. Arghhhh. Already went off the track a little last night. We went out for a margarita. Now--I didn't have a margarita, I had iced tea. But I did eat a handful of tortilla chips. I am undeterred. I'll power on. Today is going fine, so far.

Later, y'all.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #1769
Big Yapper!

Oh, Jessica. That's just your grain portion for the day. You are doing amazing! You haven't weighed yet? I don't think I could stand waiting that long to see what the numbers are doing but it's probably a really good idea. I'm sure your clothes and shoes and stuff are feeling really good on your bod right now.

Enjoy your time with your honey!
Old 03-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #1770
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
I always have a hard time right when I've gotten into feeling really good. That's the dangerous time when I feel immortal and think about eating off plan. It's so hard, but I guess no one ever said it was easy.
Closed Thread