Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #1651
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Have fun! And FYI: We're all just calling this R1 this time. For me, I haven't done a successful round in over a year, so I had no trouble rationalizing that. And it is just like the first go-round, so R1 it is!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #1652
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Hello, LCFs. I had a really busy weekend, with the watch party on Saturday pretty much all day, then church, a street fair all afternoon and then dinner at my friends' house on Sunday. Labor Day, Hallie and I had lunch out and then I helped her with her first round of grad school "homework" all afternoon, while simultaneously getting her laundry done. Mostly, I just copy-edited the pile of papers she had to write. She is going to be a busy girl, with a full-time writing job and a writing-centric grad school load.

Today was busy, too--first church staff meeting of the season this morning, and the toilet installer here this afternoon. One of the new toilets I bought did not fit properly in the area it had to go in, my very small powder room, so I had to take it back and get a smaller toilet and I'll have to have the guy back out to install that one.

Clearly, my time is filled with very, very important matters....

My weekend eating was not stellar, but ok. Today was very good, though.

Nitey nite, y'all.

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 09-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #1653
Blabbermouth!!!

Geez, my life is really ramping up into major busy-ness again. Summer break is over. I was out the door at 9:00 today and not back home until after 4:00.

Our horrible heat wave seems to be easing up. For several weeks, it's been so warm around sundown that I've had to turn the air conditioning on to get my bedroom cool enough to sleep in. (I rarely use the AC because electric rates are so amazingly high here. One really hot month several years back, I had a $600 electric bill!) But because I'm here on the edge of the desert, I usually get very cool, even chilly, nighttime temps. Not lately though. Ugh.

Eating was excellent today. Went out to lunch with a friend after my club board meeting, but we went to a seafood restaurant and I had a green salad with shrimp and grapefruit sections on it! The perfect hcg meal!

Night, friends.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #1654
Big Yapper!

You need to get yourself a windmill! Do you get pretty predicatable wind where you are? Those electric rates are nuts! I love how it cools down in the desert at night (usually.) Sorry it's been so hot lately.

Your salad sounds yummy! I would have to pack my own WF dressings if I attempted a salad out. I wish I could just hang with vinegar and spices. I'm going to be faced with that challenge this Sunday at the pizza party. There will be beer, too. By the pitcher, no doubt. I know you said there is great satisfaction in being strong and in control but I'm not sure how I'll handle this day. I may fall-back to doing refeeds on special days and then fasting the day after, then going back to a regular P2 menu.

I want to do a 60 day round (if my pellets hold out that long) so I'll be done with the hhcg before the major winter holidays and be comfortably trying to maintain in my 2 lb window. In my skinny clothes!!!

Speaking of winter, what are your Christmas program plans this year? I remember how busy you were last year with Church stuff and concerts. More of the same this year?
Old 09-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #1655
Blabbermouth!!!

Stay strong on that party, Cheryl. You will feel SO good about yourself! (And I sometimes do take a tiny bottle of salad dressing in my purse. In fact, I bought some little bitty bottles at The Container Store just for this purpose.)

I will sing in several Christmas concerts, as usual, and audition for a recitative in the Messiah. I usually do "He Shall Feed His Flock," and I'd bet good money that I'll do it again--I'm pretty good at it, by now!
Old 09-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #1656
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, world. I'm sitting here killing time while the installer gets my second new toilet put in (had to take one back because it didn't quite fit in my small powder room--interfered with the swing of the door.)

Later today I have Home Depot coming out to measure for a new vanity and new countertops in two of my bathrooms.

Feel like having a shock? I asked for a ballpark price for a total tear-out of my master bathroom (as in new shower stall, tub and vanity/countertops.) The number they threw out? $30,000!! I nearly passed out cold right there in Home Depot. I could tear out my pool and put a new one in for that kind of money. There is NO WAY ON EARTH I will ever spend that on my bathroom. So thinking of doing just some cosmetic upgrades and leaving it at that. Geez. Mind-boggling....

Had very good, POP days on Tuesday and Wednesday. Going for the same today. Feeling good, working nerve up to weigh and see where I stand.

The leg continues to heal. Still discolored, but now more into the fading green and yellow look, rather than dark purple. Still have some small bulges where the biggest veins were, and the ultrasound lady told me that will persist for a while. My body is slowly carrying the fluid away. She said the important thing is that no new blood is coming in. Still--no shorter skirts for me for a while. It's cool--long as I'm moving in the right direction!
Old 09-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #1657
Big Yapper!

Before I forget, what does POP and NTR stand for? Never heard of either of those and my mind isn't figuring it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Stay strong on that party, Cheryl. You will feel SO good about yourself! (And I sometimes do take a tiny bottle of salad dressing in my purse. In fact, I bought some little bitty bottles at The Container Store just for this purpose.)

I will sing in several Christmas concerts, as usual, and audition for a recitative in the Messiah. I usually do "He Shall Feed His Flock," and I'd bet good money that I'll do it again--I'm pretty good at it, by now!
People are built so differently. In the past, if I've stayed strong and stuck to my plan (let's say at Thanksgiving or something,) I'll cheat the next day or even that night when I come home and I'm alone. I feel I have to kind of reward myself for being good, or some strange thing like that. I hate to feel different or set-apart. And that is how I feel when I don't just eat what everyone else is eating. So most likely, since I'm doing a 60 day round, I will eat two pieces of pizza, drink two glasses of beer and have a little Antipasto. I will only eat off-plan for that meal and fast the rest of the day.

You must be really looking forward to the holiday season! I'd love to see you in action.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #1658
Blabbermouth!!!

Perfectly On Plan, and Nothing To Report

There ya go--two new internet acronyms for you!

Just back from my first chancel (adult) choir rehearsal for the fall. (Not the ones I direct--this is one I sing in.) Felt good! I missed singing during the summer.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #1659
Big Yapper!

Oh! Thanks for enlightening me.

I just got finished trying to recruit another die-hard Atkins '72 gal to the homeopathic hcg plan. I wrote her a PM and told her that you also made the switch and never looked back.

Check out my siggy, woman! I'm beside myself with glee! I think working out at the gym is making the difference this round. I know Simeon said not too, but he's dead now and who should listen to a dead man?

Happy singing and practicing for the joyous holiday season! Wow! It's fast-approaching. May it take its sweet time. I love Fall the second-best of all the seasons. I hope we have a long and lovely one. Last October (just around Halloween) we had a blizzard! Talk about a "freak storm"!

Last edited by CherylB; 09-07-2012 at 11:15 AM..
Old 09-07-2012, 05:30 PM   #1660
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, I love fall, too! It's my favorite time of the year. I love late Aug. thru New Years. And I detest Jan-Feb-March with all my soul. Gotta get my weight just where I want it before "the bad months."

I just got back from picking Dave up at LAX (a horrible, horrible, multi-hour trek due to a gigantic accident on the freeway near my home.) We're going to be running like mad all weekend, so if I don't get back in until Sunday night or Mon. morning, don't send out a search party quite yet!

Congrats on the loss, workout girl--YOU ROCK!
Old 09-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #1661
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Jessica! I agree with you right about now. Have a good weekend with your hubby. So sorry about the nightmarish commute. Catch you on the flip side!
Old 09-09-2012, 07:27 PM   #1662
Blabbermouth!!!

Here I am, as I predicted. We had a really nice weekend and I was pretty pleased with my eating. It wasn't perfect--some off plan choices, but in small amounts, and I think I kept the cals low enough--had a small loss both yesterday and today.

Just back from taking Dave to the airport--luckily uneventful this time. I'm pooped--it was back to regular early choir this morning, and back to my hot, uncomfortable choir robe, too. Gonna make it an early night tonight.

See you guys tomorrow.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #1663
Big Yapper!

Good morning, Jess. How are you feeling after your busy weekend?
Old 09-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #1664
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning! Feeling great. Had a slight bounce-up today, but still weigh a bit less than when I entered the weekend. Can't complain about that, since I veered far afield of my regular foods.

I am off to take Hallie to lunch and will come back and post more after that.

Cheryl, congrats on your successful navigation of the birthday party. Proud of you!
Old 09-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #1665
Big Yapper!

Thank you! I'm proud of me, too. See you later.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #1666
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm back. Been busy today. My cleaning lady came, and I always have to get up early and straighten before she comes (so she can actually SEE the surfaces I expect her to clean, haha.)

Lunch Monday with Hallie, then a trip to Smart and Final to get the stuff for my choir kick-off ice cream social on Thursday, plus a few things for myself (sirolin, apples, grapefruit and cabbage, naturally. That's pretty much all I eat.)

I have a Master Chorale rehearsal tonight, and tomorrow will be singing with that group in a patriotic 9/11 commemoration ceremony at the Nixon Library here in Yorba Linda.

Felt good today and not hungry. Hoping for some good losses this week. That's it for me.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #1667
Big Yapper!

Have a good practice tonight, Jessica. I saw that you posted on the rogue thread but I'm done posting! Read about my day when you have time. Can't believe how early it gets dark now!!!
Old 09-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #1668
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, Cheryl! I just visited your journal and enjoyed your interesting stories from the therapy farm. I don't see why they don't just hire you!

I'm just back from singing in the 9/11 ceremony. A reporter took my picture and asked for my name. Maybe I'll be in the paper.

I didn't weigh today because I had to get up at 7 and was very rushed to get out the door early. I'll see how I'm doing tomorrow. So far, so good on the food intake.

I got nothin' today, and I'm glad. I think I might even take a nap this afternoon.

Back later (if anything worth writing about occurs to me, that is. )
Old 09-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #1669
Big Yapper!

Me either!!! Lord knows they'd be getting their money's worth from me. I love to do a great job and that is my main motivation. Glad you like my stories! I love to tell them.

Cool! If you get in the paper, please take a pic of the pic and post it for us! I've been in the paper and on the evening news several times in my life. It's very weird. I didn't see myself on the evening news either time, but other people said they saw me. The first was during the nursing boards (we were the last group to take the full 2-days, 16 hours of paper and pencil nursing boards) and the last time was just a year ago when we were camping. I got interviewed on the beach. They interviewed multiple people and they stuck ME on the news. My God-mother saw it and said I looked great. OMG. The color drained from my face when they turned the camera on me and the guy put the mike up to his mouth. I wanted to take my boogie board and slowly raise it up to block my face and body. That would have been so funny!

Hope you enjoy your nap!
Old 09-20-2012, 10:52 AM   #1670
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Cheryl, that's hilarious about your news story!
Old 09-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #1671
Big Yapper!

I was freaked out! My sister was standing there with me because we had just come out of the ocean from swimming. We saw the guy with the big video camera and were wondering what they were doing at the beach, and they were right by my beach cabana thing. When they started to film and they turned the tables on me (I was the one asking the questions!), my sister just backed away very slyly and was coming apart at the seams with hysteria. Our eyes bulged out as we looked at each other and I was left there, all alone. I really should have blocked them with my boogie board.

VQ, where are you???? Here we are, missing you all over again.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #1672
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, friends! Forgive my disappearing act (sheesh, I'm having to say that a lot lately, aren't I?) I just got swamped and stressed out last week and something had to give--and what it was was my internet time, as well as my focus on eating well.

But I'm back. I need to figure out a way to cope with my life a little more consistently so I don't keep getting overwhelmed by every day "busy work."

I'm starting a new project. Those who've known me a long time may remember that five years ago I did a huge remodeling project on my house that included basically demolishing and rebuilding our pool (it had some pretty severe structural problems), fixing our sagging foundation by installing steel piers around the perimeter of our house, as well as a row of them through the center, and then being forced to remodel/redecorate inside since we had to cut through a lot of our floors and pull up a lot of carpet. I ended up putting down hardwood floors throughout the living areas and down the main hallway to the bedrooms, stripping and painting the kitchen cabinets (did this rather than replacing because I wanted white ones), installing all new kitchen appliances and granite countertops, having the house painted inside and out, replacing all the doors, replacing almost all all the window treatments, and finally, when the pool was finished, redoing the landscaping. This all took about six months, and much of the time, I basically "lived" in the garage because the house was unlivable, especially when huge holes were being saw-cut through the slab on the inside of the house. Aaaarrrghhh!

Anyway, to make a long story longer, the upshot is this. When I was finished with all that, I basically had not touched the three bathrooms or the four bedrooms, so I have this beautiful house if you only go in the living areas, but the bedrooms all have carpet with cuts all over it from the slab work and 22 year old dusty window treatments, and the bathrooms are straight out of 1988. I just ran out of steam and was sick at heart at having workers inside of my home and no privacy. Five years later--I'm finally going to do what needs to be done to the bathrooms, utility rooms and bedrooms--new floors, new vanities, counters and fixtures, and eventually, once the dusty work is completed, new window treatments for the bedrooms. I'm dreading it, but if I don't hurry and get it done, I'll have to redo the work I had done before to keep it current with the new stuff!

So I've been having measurers and contractors and all sorts of people out, doing estimates, and it has been STRESSING ME OUT! My eating has been awful, and I have completely stopped my weight-training routine, small as it was, and it shows, too.

I need to get back on track and remember to make my well-being a priority!

Sorry for the novel, but that's my story! Now I'm headed off to read the threads and get caught up on you guys.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #1673
Big Yapper!

Holy cow, Jessica! I didn't know you that far back and had no idea you put so much sweat equity into your home. WTG!! How exciting (and daunting) about having the rest of the house caught up with the living areas. But it will be so worth it in the end!

I stopped doing hcg for now and I'm just eating LC right now. I dropped a lb after eating dreamfield's angel hair pasta topped with my own P2 chili and grated parm. Later I made a few scrambled eggs with sauteed onion, tabasco, bacon bits, and hnh. Used butter, of course. And before bed, I ate a peach cause I saw how over-rip it was getting.

AND I'm drinking vodka with crystal light in the evenings. This is tough, VQ. Maybe you could find a plan such as this one that will allow you to stay sane and also not feel deprived. You're right about it being tough to be "good" during this huge undertaking of yours. Better to hold your ground rather than lose more of it, IYKWIM. You don't want to deal with a bunch of regain weight when it's all said and done (like me.)

Do you have a gym membership? I am finally digging the gym and I go at least 3, usually 4 times a week. I do weights and cardio two days and swim the other two. I feel so much better; not just physically but about myself. It's true about those endorphins! Endorphins are our friends.

Please don't be too busy to spend time here with us! We can be your sounding board during all of this, and that is going to be another therapy you'll need.

Last edited by CherylB; 09-25-2012 at 10:20 AM..
Old 10-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #1674
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: buttah
Stats: 189/137/136-140
WOE: peri-meno "corrective" R4
Start Date: LowCal/Dukan/JUDD 2/12-8/12, then 3 rounds rxHCG
Jessica!!!! It took me all night, but I finally finished your journal. And to be mentioned on the page before this one. It was like having a celebrity talk to me! Okay, minor disclaimer. It wasn't like having a celebrity talk to me, exactly, and I know this for a fact because I work in a business where I actually am blessed to meet and converse with the odd (in both meanings of the word) celebrity now and then. But it was a treat!

I don't even know where to begin. You have come so far, and I have learned so much from you. And from your friends.

I do have to admit this: I am scared of a lifetime of rounds. Or even a year of them. I hope I can make do with this long one that ends in about a week, and possibly a short one to get to goal. So much like you, when you began.

For one thing, I do RX, at least so far, with a doctor, and I'm not paying them for endless rounds. For another, I really want to return to my long days of maintenance in my 20's and 30's (before three pregnancies and one very tragically late miscarriage destroyed my body) when I maintained by eating small portions, when hungry.

I can envision a life on JUDDD maintenance as well.

But I don't know what my next steps will be. And I too have a surgery awaiting me. A full tummy tuck to get rid of the hanging empty kangaroo pouch my babies (and late miscarriage) left me with. It's one of the worst I've ever seen, having looked online. And it's gotta come off, even though I can hide it under some clothes. It was actually seeing a few plastic surgeons that finally got me motivated to lose this baby weight (she said, her youngest baby now 16 and her oldest 20.)

All I know is you are strong and funny and dear. And an inspiration.

Come visit my journal again. It's a bit more neurotic than yours, but that's how I roll. I actually expect to be a bit less neurotic now that I've left the P2/P3 threads and am more focused on journaling.

Sorry for the stream of consciousness post.

xoxox

Last edited by buttah; 10-06-2012 at 10:53 PM..
Old 10-09-2012, 08:11 AM   #1675
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Oh my. I can so relate to house woes!!! Hang in there girl!!! You will get it all sorted out and have peace restored once more!!!

Congrats on your weight loss progress. Don't stress about a temporary set back.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #1676
Big Yapper!

Looks like we've lost you again, Jess. Hope all is well with you.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #1677
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello, world (and Cheryl!) I am still alive. I just suddenly had the overwhelming feeling that I was spending way too much time on LCF and way too much of my life obsessing about dieting and weight, so I took a break. I'm sure I've gained some over the holidays, but not too much, since I'm still wearing the same clothes. I'm contemplating my next step. I've been eating basic Atkins since the holidays ended, since that seems to make me the happiest and healthiest (and least likely to have out of control weight gain.)

However, I'm wondering if I need to do an hcg round to get the holiday pounds off, or just take it slow and stick to Atkins, or what. I don't want to get back to that place where I lie awake at night obsessing about weight and dieting, but I also don't want to accidentally wake up 30 pounds overweight, either.

I'll be back. Hope everyone is well and having a good start to the new year.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #1678
Big Yapper!

She's alive!!! Love your new Avi, too. I'm about to restart a LC lifestyle in just a matter of days. I set my sights on Friday but now I'm thinking Saturday. It's just so hard to let go! I want to enjoy a few of my favorite things (now I sound like Julie Andrews) before I leave them behind for good.

I'm still on the Atkins thread. You should come say hello! Nice to have you back again.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #1679
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi, CHeryl! I've missed talking to you, and appreciate those humor emails you sent me!

I'm leaning toward doing a nice Atkins Induction, by the book, to kinda "clean out" my metabolism, and then I'll decide what to do after that. In fact, I actually got started yesterday. I cooked a pot roast with homemade sf barbecue sauce and a pot of chicken stew and mixed up a batch of LC coleslaw and cooked a pound of bacon. This afternoon I'm going to make a white castle cheeseburger pie. I always do better when I have lots of easy choices at my fingertips.

On my agenda today is a mammogram followed by a few errands on the way home.

I have taken on a new challenge, and I'm excited and nervous about it. I'm going to teach second grade music at a local elementary school, a half a day a week. They contacted me about it, apparently having gotten my name and number from the parent of one of my church choir kids. The reason I'm nervous is that there's no music classroom, no piano, no accompanist, so I'm going to have to do it on a wing and a prayer. I'll see four groups of thirty kids each.

I start Monday, and my intent is to spend the weekend researching and lesson planning. Yikes.

More later!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #1680
Big Yapper!

Wow, Jessica! How exciting and challenging is that class going to be!? How can you teach music with nothing in the classroom? Is there a computer program and a powerpoint feature that could help you teach a group of kids all at one time? I don't know how to use powerpoint but I guess it's not that hard. Sounds like something that you're going to really love! Can't wait to hear how it goes and how the kids respond.

Another thing that might help you is an app that I've got on my smartphone. It was the free version but is very cheap to buy the full one. It's a keyboard and you pick a song. You can then listen to it before you attempt to play. Then you click on "beginner" and it starts to run. These little boxes come down like a snowflake, over each key that you will be pressing. They are white or black, according to what key is being pressed. On the phone it's nearly impossible to do, but if that app could be used on a computer or some other device that would make it possible to use two hands, it might be a great teaching tool.

Just a few ideas! I'm sure you'll find something that works great and stimulates the children. Very happy for you!

I restart Atkins Induction when I wake up tomorrow. I too will be making lots of yummy food so I won't get bored and won't be unprepared. I will NOT be keeping nuts in the house cause I know how that can turn out for me. In the absence of carby snacks, I turn to nuts. I need to avoid that altogether.

I'd love to hear your SF BBQ sauce recipe! Care to share?
Closed Thread