Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #1621
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
OH MY GOSH! I woke up feeling so great today, and with the sense that I've totally hit my stride on this dieting thing! (I started another hcg round a few days ago.) Man, what a great feeling!

BTW, that vision of loveliness sitting next to me in my new avatar is Hallie. I told you guys she was movie star gorgeous!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #1622
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
So happy for you hitting your stride, Jess! And yes; your daughter takes after her mom for sure.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:02 AM   #1623
Blabbermouth!!!

Feeling great again this morning! Veered even further down the "rogue road" last night with a glass of champagne at my neighborhood coffee house open mike night, but I had room for the calories and I'm not worried about it. I think I still came in at around 700 cals.

Although I still haven't weighed myself, I feel notably thinner today. Alas, I also feel notably mushier and flabbier. hhcg has taught me that mushiness is the price I pay for very rapid weight loss.

I threw away the last of the older bottle of pellets I was using and opened one from the stash I recently ordered from Netrition. I'm just really thinking that that's why I'm suddenly not hungry and feeling so good.

Happy Saturday, world! It's a gorgeous day here and I have absolutely nothing to do, and am thinking of commencing on some sort of project. I'll report later, if I do.

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 07-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #1624
Blabbermouth!!!

Just a quick note--I am currently devoting most of my LCF time to the hcg rogue thread over on the hcg folder. Just didn't want anyone thinking I'd fallen into a ditch or something!
Old 07-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #1625
Blabbermouth!!!

Quick update--finally weighed in yesterday, and it was neither as good as I'd hoped nor as bad as I feared. Today's weigh in was down a pound from yesterday, so I'm feeling pretty good about things.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #1626
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
You go girl! You can do this! You're a pro at it. And gosh, what a great pic of you guys!!!! MUAH!!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #1627
Blabbermouth!!!

{{{{Pooti!}}}}

(Those are some big old cyber-hugs for you.)
Old 07-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #1628
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Thinking about you, checking in. Crazy hectic here, got a new phone which is where I experience most of my internet shenanigans. What didn't transfer? The link here! Gah!
Old 07-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #1629
Big Yapper!

Heidi, thanks for posting on Jessica's thread. Out of sight has been out of mind for me, I'm ashamed to say. Where are you, Jessica? I hope all is well. Please come out and play when you have a few minutes.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #1630
Major LCF Poster!

Woman, don't make me hunt you down!
Old 08-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #1631
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon bit View Post
Woman, don't make me hunt you down!
I know it! Where on earth has she gone?
Old 08-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #1632
the condiment queen

Missing you Jess! Where ya bean? MUAH! {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}
Old 08-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #1633
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 283/276.6/180 ** 6'2
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 9/4/2012
Hi Jess! Hope you are having a lovely day!
Old 08-22-2012, 07:50 AM   #1634
Big Yapper!

NEWS!

I emailed Jessica to see if she was okay and she replied. I guess she just decided to take a little vaca from LCF for the summer. She says she's touched that she has been missed but she's doing well and has been approved for her vericose vein surgery! She didn't say when it will happen. But she said she'll be back with us before too long. She just wants to finish out her busy summer first. She asked me to let you all know, and that she appreciates being missed.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:40 AM   #1635
Blabbermouth!!!

Lucy, I'm HOOOOOOOOOOOME!

Thanks so much, Cheryl, for the email. It's so nice to be missed! And thanks to you, Heidi and Pooti and Angela, for checking on me. I value, love and respect you guys more than I can say, and it wasn't very nice of me to drop off the face of the interwebz without a word.

Nothing at all is amiss--no crisis or anything. I just kind of took a massive break from everyday life and had an old-timey summer. I took a long visit to Tulsa--first one in a year and a half--and spent loads of great time with my mom and my sisters. That was such fun, and although my mom has had yet ANOTHER food allergy attack, involving yet another near death experience and trip to the hospital, except for that, she's the most youthful and healthy nearly-80-yr-old you have ever seen. Both my sisters seemed well and happy, and later on I will post some photos of them. All in all, it was a very satisfying trip. After that, I made a trip to Seattle and spent a week with my boys and their new kitty. That was also great fun!

Then I went to a summer music conference with my boss, which was glorious. Let's see--I also went to several great parties and had a pool party here for the church youth groups. I sang a solo--a beautiful spiritual called "Weepin' Mary," at church, and had a girls' trio sing a Mendelssohn piece another week. I worked VBS for a week--that was great fun! I did a lot of driving back and forth to the airport and having Maurice (my grandcat) here, because Hallie had a number of trips, too.

While I was in Seattle, I got the word that my surgery had finally been approved by my insurance company. That came as a huge surprise--I was expecting to be turned down, since I've been fighting them on this thing since November! I had the surgery last Thursday. Dave took a week of vacation and came down to help me. It was surprisingly easy--was under anesthesia for about an hour, and came out of it feeling absolutely great. Had no anesthesia side effects at all--after an hour in the recovery room, I walked to the car, came home and ate a huge supper (I was starving because of having to fast) and slept like a baby. There's been very little pain.

I had two things done--radio frequency ablation on some of the veins, and other veins were stripped (removed.) My leg is back and blue, and I have 14 tiny incisions where catheters were inserted. I came home with my leg bound up from groin to toes in a huge elastic bandage, and there were regular gauze-and-tape bandages underneath. You could see blood blobs soaking through to the elastic bandage from nearly all of the 14 incisions, which made me terrified to see what was underneath.

I was to take the elastic bandage off after 48 hours, so I took it off Saturday. The other bandages came right off with it, and I was surprised to see that the cuts didn't look bad at all--they are less than a fourth an inch long, and they weren't stitched or anything. They are healing quite rapidly and I think most of them will be gone within a week.

However, my leg is getting more black and blue every day and is still quite swollen in areas. The ultrasound tech I saw on Monday said this is normal, and that it's going to take my body a while to carry all the fluid away--like maybe as long as a month. Also, while I can't feel veins bulging out any more, the areas where the veins were are swollen and full of fluid, and apparently, my body has to find some new routes to carry that fluid away, and I'm just going to have to be patient.

So I figure that while I'm waiting for my leg to become presentable again, and having to wear maxi-dresses and long skirts, I might as well do an hcg round and re-lose the 6 or 7 pounds I've gained over the summer. So I loaded yesterday and started VLCDs today! Looking forward to the challenge!

And thus ends my essay entitled "What I Did Over My Summer Vacation."
Old 08-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #1636
the condiment queen

Hey girl! Welcome back! So glad you're doing well and surgery went well! MUAH!

So ok, I know I'm an over-reactor...but. You just went through major surgery and your body needs as much as 50% more calories and protein to heal. My PS explained this to me. So during the next month or two while you are healing (he told me 8-12 weeks), you should be eating a diet with good amounts of protein and nutrients and with enough calories to facilitate healing.

Just my 2cents. Sorry to offend!! for a speedy recovery!
Old 08-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #1637
Big Yapper!

Wow, Jessica! That was indeed a full summer. And so fruitful, too! I find it hard to believe that the procedure to your legs wasn't painful. How could it not be? I'm glad that it isn't and I'm sure your legs are going to look amazing when all the healing is over. Thank God for Maxi Dresses!

Pooti has a point. I don't know if you should listen to her words of wisdom.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #1638
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep, Pooti makes an excellent point and I will certainly take it into consideration.

Luckily, my way of doing hcg has become a bit different than how it started out. I eat 800-1000 calories a day, and it's mostly protein, though I do eat some veggies and an apple every day. I don't eat wheat. I know it doesn't agree with me and causes some unpleasant digestive tract issues, so just because it's on Dr. Simeon's protocol doesn't really justify me feeling obliged to include it. Anyway, I feel that that is more than sufficient nutrition for me. However, I'll see how I feel and how I heal!

(P.S. Pooti, you could never offend me.)
Old 08-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #1639
Big Yapper!

I don't plan to do the grain this round, either. I am eating the fruit and veggies, though.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #1640
the condiment queen

VQ I think that sounds doable then! He said as long as I was getting good amounts of protein with nutrients I was fine. He did say that you need to calories to heal, but I'm with you. I think as long as they are intense nutrition, it should be fine, although I too would add the veggies in particular into the program, even if it's mainly very low carb veg like greens, etc... MUAH!
Old 08-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #1641
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, world. I'm going to to my darnedest to get on here every day and do a little self-examination/self-reporting work as I work on this hcg round. I know from experience that actively journaling and actively participating in LCF is linked with success for me, and for many of us, I'm sure. It helps us avoid slipping into that self-delusion, denial place that we all seem so hopelessly drawn to.

First, I had a good first day yesterday and I feel REALLY good about that. Getting started is the hardest thing for me. Once I'm rolling, I do ok. I like sameness, stasis, stability, predictability (and this is often a BAD thing for me, but in the case of dieting, it can be good.) I want to set a tone of total commitment to my goals, no loosey-goosey stuff, that is, within the parameters of my own plan. I think I'm kind of at a place where I'm not tied slavishly to Dr. Simeons. I've established that I feel much better with more protein than 7 oz. a day and that I can still lose with more calories than 500. As I mentioned yesterday, I've also established that I do better without crackers/bread/starch, so I can take those few calories (and I think it's only about 40 calories worth of starch on Dr. S's plan) and apply those to protein. I think this plan works best with no dairy. Dairy is just too calorie intensive for the low calories required. Fruit can be an appetite trigger for me, but apples are not. In fact, I seem to find them filling, so apples will be a "go," and probably grapefruit, but that's it for the fruit.

So here's my personalized plan: plenty of protein, probably 8-10 oz a day; cabbage, spinach and lettuce and whatever other green veggies catch my eye (probably zucchini or green beans), 2 servings a day; tomatoes, apples and grapefruit for fruits,--no more than 2 servings a day. It will be beef-intensive. I like beef, and it makes me feel sated. (Also, I just had a CBC/metabolic panel in June, and I have the best cholesterol/lipid profile in town, so it must work for my body, too.) I will also eat tuna. I like it mixed with a 20-calorie tablespoon of FF sour cream--so that will be an exception to my dairy parameters-- and a spoon of lemon juice, an exception to my fruit parameters.

I think I can lose this way.

I had a package of that microwave-ready precooked bacon to finish up, and I ate the last one today. I probably won't use that any more until the round is over, though, because it's so darned salty. The calories are low, about 20 calories a slice and it's fast and easy.

So, yesterday's food was:

B: 2 slices microwave bacon
L: sirloin cubes, half an apple
S: another bacon slice, other half of the apple
D: more cubed sirloin, 1/2 c. canned green beans, another apple

I wasn't a bit hungry and felt great all day. Today, so far, I've had:

B: last slice of mic. bacon, half an apple

The other meals will probably be

L: tuna and half an apple
D: ground beef and cabbage soup, another apple

So here I go on day two. I feel like 3 days is a magic number--if I get that successfully done, I'll go all the way to home plate.

Note regarding weight: I haven't weighed since before my surgery, when I weighed in at 169. I had been maintaining most of the summer around 162-163, and that was very comfortable for me. My surgery leg is swollen, and my plumbing is a bit backed up due to codeine, so I felt that my current weight might not really reflect what was really going on in my body. I'll weigh in a few days, and extrapolate backwards a few pounds, and take a guess at what my starting weight was. Unconventional, yes. But I get to make up my rules!

Later, friends.

Last edited by verbqueen; 08-30-2012 at 09:43 AM..
Old 08-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #1642
Big Yapper!

Unconventional is what makes you a rogue, baby! I hope that when you do step on the scale, you see good things. You're bound to lose a lot of the pesky water weight that is bloating your poor leg. So they only did surgery on the one leg? Does that mean you still have to go in for the other one? When will that be? I thought they were both done together.

Have an excellent day and I know you can slide right on through past day 3 and into the zone! You are the lady who always inspired me when going out with friends on P2. I will be doing that on the 9th when we go to my sister Robin's birthday party at the pizza place. I will order a tossed salad, use my own WF dressings and eat a piece of fruit. I'm not going off plan for that! It will have to be a bigger temptation for me to get me off this plan this time. Nothing feels as good as watching the scale drop in big chunks!
Old 08-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #1643
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, there is real POWER in staying on your plan while others around you are overeating. It almost makes you feel giddy with your own self-control. Look at it that way and ENJOY it, when the birthday party rolls around.

Oddly enough, I didn't really have a problem in my other leg. I have a few spider veins, which are on my "to-do list" of self-improvement projects for my next trip to the med-spa, but those are not covered by medical insurance or of any medical interest to my vascular surgeon.

Today, my black and blue is turning yellow and green, so that's good--although not so beautiful. I still have some lumpy bumpy areas where the worst veins were. No longer shaped like veins, just areas of generalized swelling and fluid retention. Smaller than yesterday, though.

I'm finding this kinda interesting. It's not going how I imagined it. I think I thought that once he treated the veins, they'd just be gone, period. I figured I'd have some incisions scars to heal, but I wasn't visualizing all this bruising and I wasn't expecting that it would take weeks or months for the blood that was in those veins to go away. Now that I think it through, it makes total sense, though. I honestly never discussed with him what the recovery would be like. All we talked about was what we needed to do to get my insurance company to cooperate with us! Then suddenly they did, and there wasn't even time for me to get into the office to discuss specifics with him!

To use a metaphor, he kind of built a dam across the river. No new water is flowing in, but the river bed will take a while to dry up.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #1644
Big Yapper!

I'm going to look at it just that way, Jessica! Thanks for putting that into my head. I just wish people wouldn't look at the one who is dieting and being faithful to their plan as the one who isn't "partaking in the birthday dinner." YKWIM? You get the, "Oh, it's just one meal!" My Mother's great at that.

Glad your bruising is going away. It's such a nasty shade of yellow and green, isn't it? But you can't get from there to where you want to be without going through "here." Just keep wearing those maxi dresses. Glad your other leg isn't in need of repair!

Wow! That's a heck of description of what he did. Did he put you on blood thinners or is there no risk of clots with it just pooling and reabsorbing in the tissues? It's not in the vasculature so I guess you wouldn't need to take any. A daily Aspirin wouldn't hurt and might speed the process along.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #1645
Blabbermouth!!!

Nope, no blood thinners. In fact, they told me not take aspirin or ibu for a few days after the procedure.

The ultrasound I had Monday was to check for clots--and I passed the test!
Old 08-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #1646
Blabbermouth!!!

P.S. Updating today's foods:

I did have tuna and apple for lunch.

For dinner, I had a spinach and baby greens salad with chicken and apple in it, and balsamic vinegar (just a tad, since it is sugary.)
Old 08-31-2012, 11:26 AM   #1647
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, LCF (still morning here on the Left Coast.) I'm hanging in there. Not really dealing with hunger, but I had a round of the rapid-weigh-loss leg cramps that I seem to be so prone to, so today my project will be to go to Sprouts and pick up a mineral supplement. I'm sure that the high heat we're having here and the fact that I take a Rx diurectic exacerbates things pretty seriously, too, so I'm pushing the fluids. I will also pick up some Morton Lite Salt. It definitely helps.

Todays food plan is apple for breakfast, beef/cabbage soup for lunch and steak and apple for dinner.

In other news: COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all for me!
Old 08-31-2012, 03:17 PM   #1648
Major LCF Poster!

I'm so glad to hear about all the things you got to do over the summer! It sounds like you're doing well. I understand about Day #3. I experience that every time I start back lc'ing, aside from when I dropped down considerably lower two weeks ago. It became day 7 or 8 that got me. I pushed through and I've dropped a size already. My work went insane and I was bumped up to 60 hour work weeks so I didn't have time to check in here much at all. I got moved down to a much more reasonable 50ish hour work week. I missed you girls!

Read me
And also...
Old 08-31-2012, 04:18 PM   #1649
Blabbermouth!!!

Heidi! So good to hear from you Yikes--60 hour work week? THat is INSANE! (And 50 hours is not a walk in the park, either!)

Sorry I disappeared, but it sounds like you disappeared, too! I'm so glad we're both back!
Old 09-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #1650
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, folks! Day 4 of this round for me (can't even put a round number on it--I've lost track of the many!) It's going well, and thanks my new friend, Buttah, I went back and reread my first round posts and am feeling anew the joy and wonder that I felt last summer, when hcg changed my life! Thanks, Buttah!

I'm off to the Oklahoma State Cowboy football watch party in Newport Beach this afternoon. I will allow myself bloody mary, maybe two, and ate a nice, filling, protein-centric lunch, and I'm confident I'll do just fine.

Happy Saturday, friends!
Closed Thread