Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #1591
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Wow, Cheryl. You are doing GREAT with the Atkins! How I wish it still worked for me--it's so easy and pleasant! And congrats on the dinette set. You are just steaming through this whole relocation business, and I am so impressed!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #1592
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Thank you! Don't forget, though. This is all regained weight. I got down as low as 159.4 or something like that in the beginning of last September and I've been up and down (mostly up) ever since. I haven't been able to stick to hhcg and I'm just so SICK of dieting and tracking everything.

I used to use ****** every single day in addition to keeping a food journal. I still do the journal cause that's no big deal and it helps me to see what I ate, drank, if I took vitos, motrin, pooped, etc. But it's so freeing, not to have to weigh and measure everything. I weigh my coffee just so I have some idea how much half and half I'm taking in per day. Other than that, I just eat and drink what's allowed.

I just read the rest of your post! You're impressed? Geeze! I'm impressed with YOU, so if I'm impressing you, I'M impressed!

Last edited by CherylB; 05-23-2012 at 03:16 PM..
Old 05-24-2012, 10:13 AM   #1593
Blabbermouth!!!

I feel ya, girl--I'm re-losing previously lost weight, too. I was down to 155 at my lowest.

My Down Day came in at 510 calories yesterday, and it was a piece of cake, if you'll excuse the expression! Gosh, the first time I did JUDDD, those 500 calorie days seemed so brutal. After all the hcg rounds I did, I don't even blink at 500 calories!

Today, I will aim for 2200ish calories and 25 or fewer grams of carbs.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #1594
Big Yapper!

Love those up days! Have some wine! For me!
Old 05-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #1595
Blabbermouth!!!

Haha--here's the funny thing about me--i can't bear to drink my calories. If it has calories, I want to CHEW it, dangit. So I very rarely drink anything but water or tea. However, with the freedom of Up Days, well....who knows!!
Old 05-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #1596
Big Yapper!

But UP days aren't calorie-controlled days! They are "free" days. Within reason, I mean. I definitely drank wine on my UP days. Wine, crackers and cheese. YUM.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #1597
Big Yapper!

I mean, not to pervert your mind or anything.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #1598
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Woot! Jess congrats on your successful DD!!! I'm on the same schedule right now! Yesterday was a DD and today is an UD! I can't drink (more than cuz of the cancer), but if I do, I will PACK on weight like crazy and it takes a week to get back to losing. *Sigh* So I prefer to drink little fizzy non-alcoholic drinks with club soda. Yay for you getting to eat 2300cals! I bet you will be hard pressed to make it happen. It's hard eating that much without more than 25 or 30 carbs!

You will do great though. I just know it!

Cheryl congrats on your Atkins success!

I'm still doing Atkins. I'm up to the 4-5 rungs but I'm still keeping carbs in the 30g range. Net. Even on UD with JUDDD. So I'm JUDDD too. I have to if I want to keep losing. It's just not coming off any other way!

Jess, honey. So sorry I still don't have the apron worked out. You have a choice. Do you want the apron when I finally get it done or do you want a bag of my LC, near GF bake mix? Your choice and soooo sorry to fall down on it. It's just the e-comm thing that has me at a stand still cuz of needing to produce them all at the same time. IF I don't do the ecomm then I would make fewer aprons etc...

Let me know hon, ok??? And thanks for your patience! MUAH!

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
Old 05-25-2012, 03:41 PM   #1599
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post

Jess, honey. So sorry I still don't have the apron worked out. You have a choice. Do you want the apron when I finally get it done or do you want a bag of my LC, near GF bake mix? Your choice and soooo sorry to fall down on it. It's just the e-comm thing that has me at a stand still cuz of needing to produce them all at the same time. IF I don't do the ecomm then I would make fewer aprons etc...

Let me know hon, ok??? And thanks for your patience! MUAH!
Good heavens, girl--no apologies necessary! Please just do whatever works the best for you, and I'm in NO HURRY at all regardless of what you want to do. Heck--when someone offers you a lovely gift out of the blue, it would be pretty ungracious to get all demanding about it!. Seriously, relax, get caught up, think about it later when you're less swamped.

Yesterday's UD came in at 2100 calories. I love fat--butter, bacon drippings, olive oil, avocados. I don't have any trouble racking up the calories, believe me.

Down Day for me today, and going just fine. As I mentioned, after nearly a year of repeated hcg P2s, I'm a real pro at 500 calories.

It strikes me that I'm really kind of doing an "all of the above" kind of plan--Simeon's days, Atkins days, and paced at a JUDDD pace. If you can't pick one, do 'em all, right?

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 05-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #1600
the condiment queen

Ok!

We're on an opposite day schedule!

Yeah, 500 days aren't so hard for me. I do have trouble eating above 1400 cals though. I made a snack this afternoon trying to do it, now I'm so full and Denny wants dinner!
Old 05-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #1601
Blabbermouth!!!

Down Day went like a charm, came in at 505 cals. Up Day today, and I'm off to help my elderly friend with her husband's memorial service/reception. She's borrowing our women's club's sound system, and only a few of us know how to set the darned thing up.

Back later!
Old 05-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #1602
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
Hi Jess! Hope you are having a lovely weekend!
Old 05-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #1603
Big Yapper!

Oh, sorry to hear about your friend losing her hubby. Thank you for being there for her! You're a good lady.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:20 PM   #1604
Blabbermouth!!!

Howdy, friends! I'm back from four days in Seattle, visiting Dave. And the entire four days were one gigantic dining-out fest, so I'm sure I've got weight to re-lose, yet again. Which would make it re-re-lose (times several more re's, haha.)

Anyway, sticking to 500 cals today, and maybe for a few more after that, if I can make myself.

More later--time to go to work.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:24 PM   #1605
Big Yapper!

Such is life, my dear friend. Up and down and up we go! It's the roller coaster we have no choice but to ride! Let's enjoy the ride, shall we? Glad you had a great time with Dave in Seattle. Couldn't have been any wetter than it's been up here lately! Yeesh. That pattern finally was broken with a gigantic storm the other night which produced small hail stones. Now it's back to typical weather for the end of May.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #1606
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey! I'm still out here and alive...JUDDDing it and hoping for some good results--haven't weighed in a few days.

More tomorrow.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #1607
Big Yapper!

There you are! I'm back on track, yet again. I just have become such a flip-flopper. The longer I diet, the less resolve I have. But since I'm turning 50 in August, I made me a little challenge. (See siggy.)

Have a great day! Hope when you weigh-in, you see something wonderful.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #1608
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello, LCF. Still JUDDDing it along, Down Day today.

I got my labs back from my trip to the doctor last Friday. Bad news was that my BP was through the roof, and they added a diuretic to my Atenolol. I truly think this was my doctor anxiety/white coat syndrome flaring up badly at a new doctor's office, but I'm willing to take the meds to keep it under control. If it flares like that at the doctor, it probably does in other situations, too.

Labs were good. I appear to have somewhat of a thyroid problem, which I sorta suspected, since my whole family except me takes thyroid and has Hashimoto's. I've posted on the thyroid board, and hoping someone will tell me what it all means before I follow up with the doc on Friday.

Everything else looked very good. My HDL was high for their range, but my research indicates you can't really have high HDL, and my ratio was excellent, as always.

What this means to me is that a full year of taking hHcg hasn't caused any problems for me at all, so hcg-ers, take note. My metabolic panel was all completely normal, as well as my CBC and everything else they tested. So don't let anyone tell you it's dangerous or harmful.

(On one cheery note, the amazingly cute (former major league baseball player) doctor told me that I look "42, 43 tops." And he hugged me when I left! Nice guy, and he actually listened to everything I said and acted as though he had all the time in the world to spend with me.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #1609
Big Yapper!

That's awesome, Jess! I hate going to the Dr's too. I used to have a very high BP when I was working as a nurse. I would get totally stressed and my heart rate would race and I'd be fanning myself and sweating while everyone else was acting like the "climate" was just fine. It was all my level of panic. I take a lisinopril but I really don't think I need it. When I'm not stressed, my BP is just fine.

Glad the labs were all good! Glad you will be taking a thryoid med and will be back on the right track so that JUDDD will work its best for you.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #1610
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, world. Guess who hit the gym last night, for the first time in A YEAR! Ok, ok, you don't have to guess--I'll tell you. Me, that's who!

I figure I really need to be doing some cardio for the BP, even though I hate cardio. So I slogged it out for a half hour on the treadmill, then did some lower body work.

One positive--when I was in the free weight area, where all the walls are covered mirrors, I was able to see that my longterm biceps and triceps work with my "kitchen gym" has really paid off--I had visible muscles showing. I also thought that the Jergen's gradual tan stuff I'm using looked pretty realistic, which is good to know. They have recently introduced one with SPF 20, so I've just been putting that on my legs, arms, hands chest and neck every day as part of my morning routine. So I'm both protected AND lightly tanned.

Weighed this morning, and it wasn't too bad. Onward with the JUDDD. Up Day today!
Old 06-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #1611
Big Yapper!

WTG!!! I didn't start my treadmill routine today, as I had planned. Tomorrow for sure! I am going to do 3 miles of walk/jog and then when I can do all 3 miles of jogging, I'll up it to 5 miles and go back to walk/jog. I hate mirrors in the gym! Why on earth do they put up all those mirrors? Don't they realize people go to the gym to improve their bodies? We don't want to watch our flabby butts shaking as we pound away on the treadmills and such.

I'm glad your "kitchen gym" has made such a big difference! I'm about to tackle exercise like I haven't done since I was in my late 20's and in the military. I'm going to kick some major @$$.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:56 AM   #1612
the condiment queen

Yay for you girl!!! That doc sounds wonderful!!! I'm so happy you went and did bloodwork. But so sorry to hear of the thyroid issue and possible Hashi's. Hope it turns out that you are ok, hon!! But gosh, wouldn't that be a great explanation for why it's so hard for you to lose weight??

Glad to see you are back on JUDDD. Hope it does the job you want it to this time hon. It will be a piece of "cake" compared to the hCG!

Wow on working out! Fantastic and on the kitchen workout! What is your kitchen workout btw! Maybe I need to try it! My arms are just ridiculous.

Have a great day!

Hi Cheryl!!

Hi Diva!!
Old 06-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #1613
Blabbermouth!!!

Greetings, friends! I've had out-of-town company for a week, but I am now back to the routine, and will try to get all caught up. At the moment, I'm out the door for a (desperately needed) hair cut and color. Will be back later to read up on everybody.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #1614
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm back, and the "snow" on top of my head (I call it my "sparklies," haha) is all gone. For now. I'm pretty sure that my hair is mostly white at this point, so those roots come back pretty fast!

So, not sure where I left off before, but I saw my new doctor again to discuss my results. Everything was excellent except my thyroid, and he did put me on synthroid, as well as the diuretic for my BP. The synthroid has to be taken at least a half hour before I eat breakfast, and I was concerned about how I was going to fit that in on busy mornings. I wake up ready to eat, and don't want to have to kill time for a half hour. But it's been fine--I always wake up super early, like 6:00, needing to go to the bathroom, so I take it then, then fall immediately back to sleep till 8 or 8:30, so that's working fine. I also take the diuretic in the morning, on the advice of the pharmacist, so I won't be up peeing all night!

I have to say I don't see the weight falling off of me from the synthroid (not that I've screwed up the nerve to weigh, after last week's excesses), but I feel very, very good, so it's certainly not doing me any harm.

That's all for now!

P.S. Edited to add--forgot to mention that at my follow up visit to the new doc, my BP was 120/60. Guess that new drug is really doing the trick.

Last edited by verbqueen; 06-19-2012 at 06:36 PM..
Old 06-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #1615
Big Yapper!

(Wolf whistle) Nice BP! I wish weight just melted off by taking Synthroid! Oh, how wonderful that would be. Glad you figured out how to take it in the morning without altering your patterns. It's no biggie.

"Snow"? You would never know it by how lovely your hair looks in your Avi.

I'm off to bed but wanted to say hello and wish you a lovely evening. You still have time for a lovely evening out there on the West Coast. It's 11:40 here and off I go.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #1616
Blabbermouth!!!

Howdy, world. I've just eaten a low carb lunch (steak cut into cubes and quickly seared--love it cooked this way and eat it pretty much every day) in half of a Joseph's pita (only 30 calories and 2.5 net grams carb for the half). I'm now headed to the Inland Empire (inland from Orange County) to the Super Walmart grocery, the only place I can find a few of the things I like to buy, including those Joseph's pitas. I'm also going to get a few things for the choir potluck I am hosting here tomorrow night.

My contribution is going to be bbq sandwiches. I've bought a couple of tri-tip roasts, which I will cook in the crockpot all day tomorrow. I'm going to season them well, but not use sauce. I'll shred the meat and serve a bowl of bbq sauce on the side, along with a basket of sandwich buns. (That way I can enjoy some sans bun, with my homemade LC bbq sauce, and no one will be the wiser.) So I need to get buns and a bottle of commercial bbq sauce.

I'm still feeling really great. (synthroid? lowered blood pressure? or just plenty of heat and sunlight? who knows?) When I get home from WM, I plan to either go to the gym or do a WATP dvd, plus another round of weights.

Still not ready to face up to the scale--but planning to do it Fri. or Sat. morning.

That's all for me!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #1617
the condiment queen

Yay you on getting your blood pressure under control with the new meds and the new thyroid meds too!!! MuAH!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #1618
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, LCFs. I've got my tri-tips cooking away in the crock-pot, house tidied and ready. Bring on the choir potluck! I even went outside and hosed off all my patio furniture (so dusty and gritty here. Clean it one day and it's gritty the next.)

My very low calorie recovery program is going well. Still haven't weighed, but my eating is good and I'm feeling thinner (or is it that I'm feeling hungrier? )
Old 06-21-2012, 01:37 PM   #1619
Big Yapper!

YEA!!! You go, girl! Enjoy that party of yours.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #1620
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello, world. Party went fine--Dave came home for weekend, eating went to hell, yada yada yada. Back on track as soon as he left. One step forward, two steps back. Seems to be the story of my summer, so far!
Closed Thread