Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 02:34 PM   #1531
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Happy Saturday, friends. I'm just hanging out here with the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee. Things are generally peaceful, though I'm hearing the occasional skirmish in the background.

I went to Kohl's yesterday and got a new dress to wear for Palm Sunday tomorrow. It's not very spring-y, being solid navy blue, but I'm not really a floral print (or really ANY print) kind of person. I almost always wear solid colors. But it was nice and cheap, between the sale price and my coupon, and very flattering. Maybe I can get a pic tomorrow.

I'm going to wear it with nude fishnets and taupe pumps, to "springify" the outfit a little. I have discovered the joys of nude fishnets from Hallie. They disguise what I want to disguise--my paleness and varicose veins, yet look stylish, and aren't old-lady-ish like plain old brown panty-hose. Also got some dangly pearl drop earrings, and will wear a strand of pearls.

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal

Last edited by verbqueen; 03-31-2012 at 02:36 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2012, 04:24 PM   #1532
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Sounds very stylish and tasteful! Also reminds me of a navy blue dress that was extremely flattering on me. I wore it to my first job interview as a nurse and I was turning heads! I still have that dress and look forward to wearing it again some day. Very, very sexy. (Just have to de-shoulder-pad-it!)

And you can't go wrong with pearls. I never saw nude fishnets but they sound like fun!
Old 03-31-2012, 10:33 PM   #1533
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, I have a twenty year old dress hanging in the back of my closet that is just the same for me--I just loved it so that I could not bear to get rid of it. It's even back in style, because it's a color-block design. I think when I get to the end of this round, I'll get it out and see how it fits!

Edited to add: just tried it on and it fits beautifully. In fact, it's a little loose. Like your dress, though, it's going to need a major shoulder pad reduction!

Last edited by verbqueen; 03-31-2012 at 10:39 PM..
Old 04-01-2012, 07:18 AM   #1534
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, world, and happy Palm Sunday! I woke up a half hour before my alarm today. Aaargghhhh. That's started to be a pattern with me, and I hate it. I guess my subconscious doesn't want me to accidentally oversleep?

Hallie got in from San Diego last night and spent the night, and will be going to church with me, so that will be fun. She can help me wrangle all those kids down the aisle for the palm processional.

No troubles staying on plan this weekend. It's only when Dave is home that I run off the rails, it seems!

Have a good one!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:24 AM   #1535
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Cheryl, I have a twenty year old dress hanging in the back of my closet that is just the same for me--I just loved it so that I could not bear to get rid of it. It's even back in style, because it's a color-block design. I think when I get to the end of this round, I'll get it out and see how it fits!

Edited to add: just tried it on and it fits beautifully. In fact, it's a little loose. Like your dress, though, it's going to need a major shoulder pad reduction!
How cool is that?! Woohoooo! Bet you didn't figure on that, when you went to put it on. I would not have the same luck if I tried on mine right now.

Happy Palm Sunday and have a wonderful time with the kids in their procession! And I hope you and Hallie are having a good time together. Does this mean that grand-kittie is going back home?
Old 04-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #1536
Blabbermouth!!!

It's April! (Which means that yours truly is about to turn into an official senior citizen!)

Meanwhile, bet you didn't have as much fun on Palm Sunday as the kids and I did:

Haha! In other news, I ate too much yesterday--not off plan, but just entirely too much. Back to the straight and narrow today. Hoping maybe my high-cal day will have a JUDDD-like effect?
Old 04-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #1537
Big Yapper!

ADORABLE!! And YOU my dear look 10 years younger! When is your birthday? 55 this year? Age is a state of mind and you are feeling about 35 this year, right? Right!
Old 04-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #1538
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, I DO feel about 35! Amazing what knocking off sixty pounds or so can do for a person!
Old 04-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #1539
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
ADORABLE!! And YOU my dear look 10 years younger! When is your birthday? 55 this year? Age is a state of mind and you are feeling about 35 this year, right? Right!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #1540
Blabbermouth!!!

Ah--missed the question. My birthday is the 18th, and I'll be in Mexico!
Old 04-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #1541
Big Yapper!

What a great place to celebrate your birthday! Very exciting, Jess.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #1542
Blabbermouth!!!

Howdy, friends. I am having a very busy Holy Week, as is to be expected in my line of business, haha. I haven't been very focused on my eating, and hence, it hasn't been very good. No sugar binges or anything, but no focus and just a little too much food. But I'm hanging in there.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #1543
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
Have a wonderful day, Jess! You look amazing!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #1544
Blabbermouth!!!

Howdy, friends. Just checking in on this post-Easter Monday. I had a wonderful day yesterday--sang in two church services, exchanged goofy Easter baskets with Hallie, and we had brunch at a wonderful restaurant with some cherished old friends we hadn't seen in ages. (I ate everything that wasn't nailed down, all day. No regrets, though. Back to the grind today.) Here is a pic from brunch:

Old 04-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #1545
Big Yapper!

You look lovely, as always. I wish I had your life! I work much harder for mine. If only I had the voice and didn't have to use my body so much, with the horses. eee gads!
Old 04-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #1546
Big Yapper!

Jessica, are you already in Mexico? HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LADY!!! Just two days from now. Have an amazing trip. Miss you!
Old 04-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #1547
Blabbermouth!!!

Hola, friends! I am back from Mexico, very rested and relaxed and probably fatter. Don't know how much, because I haven't screwed up my nerve to weigh yet!

I started immediately on hcg pellets and very low cals first thing when I got up yesterday (we got in late Sat. nite.) I will post some photos of our trip, once I get them uploaded.

I missed my LCFs, and am happy to be back home and back to my healthy eating routine.

Oh--and I'm proud of myself. I got NO tan at all--sat in the shade, and wore 50 or higher SPF sunscreen every minute I was out of the suite! This is hard for me. I feel about sunshine like some people do about booze, I think. I love it, and it makes me feel happy to a degree that's hard for me to even explain--almost like a buzz! But it's not my skin's friend any more, at the grand old age of [[gulp]] 55, so I've got to give it up.

Cheryl, thanks for the birthday greetings. I'm on my way to your blog to catch up with all the excitement!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #1548
Big Yapper!

WELCOME HOME!!! Sorry you have to avoid the sun if it's something you love so intensely. Isn't there a way to use a stronger block and just lay out in small intervals? I'd do that if I were you. Wrinkles be damned! Natural highs are hard to come by and must be heaven-sent.

We missed you, Jessica! Looking forward to your pics. Good luck catching up on my journal! A lot happened while you were away.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:14 AM   #1549
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Hugs Jess!! So glad you had fun in Mexico!!! Maybe just limit your sun? We NEED some sun exposure to build Vitamin D - especially in our 50s!!

Thanks for joining FluffyChixCook facebook page!!!! I hope you will be very vocal and active with us!

Cheryl will you come join us there too hon?!!!

BTW, LOVE your Easter pictures. Jess you look so unbelievably YOUNG! Do you realize that? You looked like one of your girls!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 10:11 AM   #1550
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks, Pooti, and yes, I am looking forward to participating in the fluffy chix page!

I went shopping yesterday and went to an inexpensive place called NY and Co., at Hallie's suggestion. I always thought it was a Forever 21-style teenager place, but it actually has some pretty basic mix and match pieces and a fairly broad range of sizes. Hal gave me a coupon and I was able to buy 5 tops and 2 cardigans for $140! I also picked up two inexpensive pairs of very plain cropped pants, a white and a black, at J.C. Penney. Now I'm ready for spring. I'm just so freaking sick of wearing heavy jeans and black sweaters...

It's chilly here at least some of the time until at least mid-June. Our seasons are sort of delayed from the rest of the country. Our hottest month is often September or even October. Anyway, the cardigans I got are white and pink, so I can layer them on top of the sleeveless blouses and still look spring-y. Black clothes, begone!!
Old 04-24-2012, 04:10 PM   #1551
Big Yapper!

Pooticus, thanks for the invitation but I hardly ever go on FB anymore. I used to be addicted to the Texas Hold'em but got burned out. And some times I felt like some people were stalking me!

Great buys, Jessica! Bye-bye, black!

Moving time is getting nearer so I have less time. But I am around!
Old 04-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #1552
Blabbermouth!!!

Couple of vacay photos from last week:

Nothing new going on now. Just "coming down" from vacation and getting the laundry caught up. I'm anxious to wear my new stuff, but it's become winter here this week. Think they're going to have to wait till next week. Back to black for me...
Old 04-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #1553
Blabbermouth!!!

Have to add a couple more photos. These are on my 55th birthday. Ushering in my "senior citizen-hood" in a bikini could NEVER have happened without LCF and the miracle that is hcg!

Old 04-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #1554
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
My gosh you look fab!!!! How does it feel to be a trophy wife?? Happy Birthday!!!!!

Cheryl I understand!!! Happy moving!
Old 04-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #1555
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

you do look MARVELOUS, Jess!
Old 04-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #1556
Big Yapper!

WOLF WHISTLE!!!! Hot, girl! Hot!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #1557
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, world. Cheryl, I hope you are busily packing and organizing away, and are happy and excited about your impending move! When in doubt--GET RID OF IT! Our "stuff" can really weigh us down...

Last night I read through my hcg journal on another board I participate in (it's a MUCH shorter, more succinct journal than the one I kept here.) When I got to the end, I was just AWED by how much intensity and focus you have to summon up to stay on that strict plan, and I was inspired to try to drum up that kind of focus for another three weeks. I think SO MUCH of successful dieting is timing. You have to choose a time when you can succeed, when life doesn't throw things like Christmas or a big vacation or something in your way. And right now, I have weeks and weeks of uneventfulness ahead of me, so this is the time to do it! Honestly, i was so charged up after reading my journal last night that I didn't fall asleep until 1 a.m.!

So here's hoping I can STAY charged up and do a great round! I figure if my enthusiasm flags, I will go right back and re-read my journals!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #1558
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Good morning, world. Cheryl, I hope you are busily packing and organizing away, and are happy and excited about your impending move! When in doubt--GET RID OF IT! Our "stuff" can really weigh us down...

Last night I read through my hcg journal on another board I participate in (it's a MUCH shorter, more succinct journal than the one I kept here.) When I got to the end, I was just AWED by how much intensity and focus you have to summon up to stay on that strict plan, and I was inspired to try to drum up that kind of focus for another three weeks. I think SO MUCH of successful dieting is timing. You have to choose a time when you can succeed, when life doesn't throw things like Christmas or a big vacation or something in your way. And right now, I have weeks and weeks of uneventfulness ahead of me, so this is the time to do it! Honestly, i was so charged up after reading my journal last night that I didn't fall asleep until 1 a.m.!

So here's hoping I can STAY charged up and do a great round! I figure if my enthusiasm flags, I will go right back and re-read my journals!
Yep! I'm doing a lot of tossing. It feels good! And yes I am busy and getting a lot done today. I boarded the dog as of last night so no distractions and worries about scared animals who don't understand what's happening to their world. When I get her back, I'll bring her here, then take her over to the new place so she can see where all our stuff has gone. I'll find a nice little corner for her bed where she can eat her flippities and play with her stuffed babies.

You're so right about timing and seeing an "open window" of opportunity. Mine will be after I'm moved into the duplex. I'll have almost two full months to get serious before my nephew's wedding at the end of June.

Last edited by CherylB; 04-26-2012 at 10:18 AM..
Old 04-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #1559
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Saturday, Low Carb Friends. It's particularly sunny and gorgeous in the OC today, and I'm about to get dressed and head out to meet Hallie for lunch and a musical at the OCPAC.

I'm plugging along steadily but not spectacularly with my diet. Every day, there's been some small thing that wasn't quite part of my plan for that day. Except Tuesday. Tuesday was a perfect day, haha. So I'm hoping I'm kind of easing back into it, and that from today forward, I will be, as they say in the hcg world "POP" (that's perfectly-on-plan, for those not in the know, haha.)

Would you believe I STILL haven't done my post-vacation, face-the-music weigh-in. What the heck? What kind of mind games am I playing with myself, anyway? I am slightly nuts, no doubt about it.

Wishing anyone who stumbles by a great Saturday.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #1560
Big Yapper!

Oh, go ahead and face the music! Just remember all the fun you had that got you there. Then it won't seem so unjust. Have a super-duper day!
Closed Thread