LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #1471
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post

I love your dining room set! It looks like a professional decorator did your home. You have great taste, woman. Very special indeed.
No decorator but me, Cheryl. I even sewed the window coverings and throw pillows, and recovered the dining chairs myself. In my next life, I plan to be a decorator!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #1472
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Wow! Don't wait til your next life! You have time in this one, if you make time for it. You could totally make a living as a decorator! Maybe you don't need the money but you are definitely gifted in that area. The window treatments add such drama, and the plants seem to be just the right size, etc. Lovely!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #1473
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Monday, friends. I awoke to a slightly elevated weigh-in today. I ate out, Mexican food, for lunch yesterday, so I'm probably carrying some extra water and salt. But I'm going to focus hard on getting that back off.

I've just about come to the conclusion that I'm going to try to hover around 157/158. I seem to be able to do it without fighting so hard, and ridiculous as it sounds, I think it may look a bit better than 155. At 155, I start losing my chest, and I don't really like that much...

And with that, I'm off to get dressed and start the day.

(P.S. My nose-glue fell off this morning, which must mean the cut is sealing itself up and healing! Still gonna wear a bandaid over it for a few days, though. The area is still pretty purple.)

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 03-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #1474
Big Yapper!

How does your nose feel today? Is it terribly bruised?

I just want to throw an ounce of reality your way. I remember that you had set your goal around 155 so that you'd have some wiggle room and could maintain around 160 with ease. Seems to me you're doing just that! Wooohoooo! No CD's or anything yet, right?

We are all very proud of you.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #1475
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the reality check, Cheryl!

And so sorry you are struggling. Just remember--it's only bumps in the road. Just keep those feet moving in the right direction and don't let a few detours upset you.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #1476
Blabbermouth!!!

Just a drive-by check-in. I'm doing fine. Kinda treading water with the weight, which is fine. I'm 2 or 3 pounds more than I want to be, but that's ok.

Maintaining is strange. It's kind of hard to give up the excitement of weighing in and reaching new lows all the time. And it means coming to terms with the fact that although I'm now smaller and trim, my life is the same old boring life and Im the same old boring me, if you follow my drift. When you're embarking upon a weight loss adventure, you imagine that all kinds of wonderful things will follow once you're thin. And of course, in many ways, wonderful things do happen. But your life isn't radically altered, and your problems and challenges don't all just go away. And I wonder if this sense of letdown isn't why we often regain the weight?

I am DETERMINED not to let that happen to me. Boring or not, I want to be healthy!
Old 03-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #1477
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
Chapman has an excellent music school. One of my students just graduated there last spring. *call them* It's close. You can be certain they have some great teachers. That would be enough excitement for ya
Old 03-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #1478
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Just a drive-by check-in. I'm doing fine. Kinda treading water with the weight, which is fine. I'm 2 or 3 pounds more than I want to be, but that's ok.

Maintaining is strange. It's kind of hard to give up the excitement of weighing in and reaching new lows all the time. And it means coming to terms with the fact that although I'm now smaller and trim, my life is the same old boring life and Im the same old boring me, if you follow my drift. When you're embarking upon a weight loss adventure, you imagine that all kinds of wonderful things will follow once you're thin. And of course, in many ways, wonderful things do happen. But your life isn't radically altered, and your problems and challenges don't all just go away. And I wonder if this sense of letdown isn't why we often regain the weight?

I am DETERMINED not to let that happen to me. Boring or not, I want to be healthy!
This is deep and I feared the same thing would happen when I got to goal. Maybe that's why I won't let myself get there? So, what can you do to spice up your life and make it more like what you wanted it to be? Is there a new hobby you'd like to try? Para-sailing perhaps? Horseback riding? Think about it! You just need a new obsession.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:11 PM   #1479
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatediva View Post
Chapman has an excellent music school. One of my students just graduated there last spring. *call them* It's close. You can be certain they have some great teachers. That would be enough excitement for ya
Ha! Not only is it close, but that chorale I sing in is comprised mostly of Chapman alums, and rehearses about 2 blocks from the campus. Our director is a noted alum of their music school.

Pretty spendy to go to school there, though! Cal State Fullerton might be more my speed...

Last edited by verbqueen; 03-07-2012 at 10:17 PM..
Old 03-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #1480
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
This is deep and I feared the same thing would happen when I got to goal. Maybe that's why I won't let myself get there?
I do think there may be something deep inside that is scaring you and holding you back, Cheryl. (Well--not just you, of course, but all of us. Which is why journaling is great--it helps us understand not just our bodies, but our spirits, too.)

That struggle to understand who we really are and why we do the things we do is a lifetime challenge, and woe be unto anyone who ignores the inner self--because she has a way of getting out!
Old 03-08-2012, 07:16 AM   #1481
Major LCF Poster!

You should be able to get lessons without enrolling. Most conservatories have a "center" division (they don't all call it that) which is a way for non-students to take private lessons with university faculty or graduate teaching assistants. I guarantee the voice teachers all have non-university students. So call em
Old 03-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #1482
Blabbermouth!!!

Diva, for some reason, this idea terrifies me. I'll work on my nerve, though. I learned a lot at the little neighborhood studio I started in, but I want a real teacher now.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #1483
Major LCF Poster!

Ask your chorale friends. They can probably steer you to the teacher with the best skill set for your instrument. If you haven't done it by then end of May, I may have to come out there and make you
Old 03-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #1484
Blabbermouth!!!

Threat, or promise?!
Old 03-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #1485
Major LCF Poster!

A little of both
Old 03-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #1486
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
Old 03-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #1487
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello, world! I am alive, but dog-paddling hard to keep my head above water. Both the choir festival for the children AND the Brahms concert are this weekend, plus I have a group singing in church on Sunday morning. I think I calculated that I have 14 hours of music rehearsals over an 8 day period. If it kills me, what a way to go! I haven't weighed in several days, which is dangerous. I'm trying to eat right, though.

I'll be back to spend my regular hours a day here once I get these concerts over and done with!

(P.S. Angela! ::singing:: "She Lives! She Lives!" etc etc)
Old 03-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #1488
Big Yapper!

I'm happy you are alive, too! I think of you and wonder how you are but didn't want to press you for info. I've been really busy, too. May God give you the strength and the voice to get through all those rehearsals!
Old 03-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #1489
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, Cheryl! Sorry to disappear on you like that. Just one of those weeks. I've been keeping up with your journal, and know that you've been having some ups and downs yourself. That's just life, huh? So many twists and turns and ups and downs.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #1490
Big Yapper!

Yes, ma'am. But the weirdest thing is, I'm finding self-acceptance! I see that my quality of life has vastly improved from when I started this journey at 234.6 and I see that I'm just a few lbs up from where I'm truly comfortable in my own skin. I can drop 10 lbs in a week with just a little bit of effort because I know much of that is water. I'm just feeling quite serene!

Thanks for "watching from the wings" on my journal. I haven't been writing there regularly. But I post daily on the weekly Alternative hcg thread that changes over every Sunday night or Monday morning. You'll know more about what's going on with me if you lurk over there!

I hope you have a marvelous day! Is your hubby coming home this weekend? If not, is it just more singing and those sorts of things on your menu?
Old 03-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #1491
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, world. My "music orgy" has ended at last, going out with bang with a crazy weekend. I had a three hour concert rehearsal with orchestra Friday night for the Brahms Requiem, then up at 6:45 (early for me!) Saturday morning to to meet 3 carloads of kids at church to take them to the choir festival. We were absolutely DELUGED with heavy rain, and it was a SLOW 40 mile drive to the Festival. The lunch spot I'd planned for at an outdoor food court was out of the question, so we had to rethink that one. But it was a glorious day, and I wept like a baby when the massed children's choir sang their last number.

Then up very early again to direct my teen choir in a performance in church for our church's 20th anniversary Sunday. (I cried yet again--they were gorgeous.) Then rushed home to change into my concert dress-a gigantic, floor-length black polyester affair that is WAY too large since my weight loss but not worth replacing in a smaller size because it's ugly anyway--and then off to a 1:30 call time for the final event, the Requiem concert. It went beautifully (but no tears for that one-guess adults just don't move me like children do, haha). Finally home around 8:00, hoarse, tired and emotionally drained.

I woke up today in the mood to do a short, easy round of hcg. We are doing our tropical Mexico vacation early this year--in April, and I want to feel comfortable and confident in shorts and swimwear, so this just feels like the thing to do.

Cheryl, I read that you are starting a round too, so we can be buddies!

Now I must run--it's Lunch Monday and Hallie awaits.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #1492
Big Yapper!

Hey, you! That's a lot of rain for you guys. I hope there are no mudslides going on. Sorry it spoiled your meeting plans.

I'm glad you are now able to relax a bit after all those engagements. Deb will have to chime in because I'm out of my element when you are talking about requiems and such! Won't even try to make conversation in that arena!

Yep, I'm loading. I'll start vlc tomorrow. I don't think I'll go super low cal this time. I'm not in a hurry, just want to be making progress.

Mexico in April! Sounds perfect!!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #1493
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, world. VLCD 2 for me today, and I feel GREAT! I slept more soundly than I have in months. I think I'm finally "letting down" after having all those performances hanging over my head for several months. Now I'm just looking forward to Holy Week and Easter--I love the music so--and then our trip to Mazatlan!

Yesterday after I took Hallie to lunch, I ran to the mall near the university to pick up a birthday gift for my sweet mom--she turns 79 on Friday. I got her a spring purse--a black and white Liz Claiborne straw bag, and I got a cute black and white scarf and tied that around the handle. Just for kicks, I went in the dress department and tried on a bunch of spring dresses, and that was fun! I didn't buy anything, and this is a big accomplishment for me. I'm still giddy every time I try on 8s and 10s and they fit, and feel almost compelled to buy them. But I already bought myself a new Easter dress and I do NOT need to cram anything else into my closet. Still, it was fun seeing all the bright prints and florals and stuff. Cheap entertainment, you might say.

I've got to go "wash that gray right out of my hair" this morning, so I'd better get rolling.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #1494
Big Yapper!

I'm glad you're feeling great and sleeping well! And WTG on resisting the urge to buy more clothes. I look forward to things fitting me well again soon. I need hot-weather clothes cause it feels like Summer has arrived in CT. I'm not prepared, in any way whatsoever, to be dressing appropriately for this weather we're having. I'm grateful, but unprepared.

Equine care afternoon for me, and this is VLCD1 here. I wrote about Laylabean on my journal thread, but I'll say it over here, too. Jessica, all three of us are at the start of a new round! Isn't that funny? Great minds think alike.

Have a super day and wash all those grays to the curb. I've got some silvers here and there. They are kind of kinky and tougher than my regular hair fiber but I let them go. When they become more numerous I'll have to decide how to deal with them. I'm enjoying not coloring my hair. It gets to be a pain!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:44 AM   #1495
Major LCF Poster!

Glad to hear the music all went swimmingly (nearly drowned in that mixed metaphor!)

I'm at the end of a short round I decided to do with David's leftover RX drops...I know...I said I wouldn't, but I have and I'm happy about it. I had a little bra roll that was driving me crazy and I'd been in maintenance long enough to be certain it wasn't going to "redistribute". It's gone. Now I can wear less engineered bras and that makes me happy. I have actually added protein to stop the dropping because I really am at rock bottom. Do not want to lose anymore, but do want it to stay gone, so I am finishing out the round and will do a full P3 and P4. David's doing well maintaining his 50 day,50lb loss.

How flaky is that? LDW will be Thursday and I'll move on to P3 on Monday.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

I CAN HAVE THAT LATER
Old 03-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #1496
Big Yapper!

Bye-bye, little roll! That's must feel GREAT to have it gone. I have all that nonsense going on, too. It's amazing how fast someone ELSE's round appears to go! Happy for you, and glad you are adding protein to slow or stop the losses.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #1497
Major LCF Poster!

This one even seems fast to me, Cheryl....since my only other round was72 days, 23 seems like nothing
Old 03-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #1498
Blabbermouth!!!

Good for you, Deb! You've worked so hard and done so well--you deserve to look exactly the way you WANT to look, and no explanations to anybody are required!

I'm feeling fabulous today, too--and a haircut and some fresh color are always nice. I think the graying process is far more graceful on you blondes. Dave is blonde, and while he has some grays, they just blend right in with the rest of his hair. Cheryl, I agree that the grays are wiry and almost even curly. I love that part about turning gray--at last my hair isn't so outrageously fine and straight!
Old 03-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #1499
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatediva View Post
This one even seems fast to me, Cheryl....since my only other round was72 days, 23 seems like nothing
My first round was long too, but I had some refeeds along the way. Did you do 72 on-plan, no-deviation days? That might be why your body is so responsive to the hcg. You didn't mess around with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Good for you, Deb! You've worked so hard and done so well--you deserve to look exactly the way you WANT to look, and no explanations to anybody are required!

I'm feeling fabulous today, too--and a haircut and some fresh color are always nice. I think the graying process is far more graceful on you blondes. Dave is blonde, and while he has some grays, they just blend right in with the rest of his hair. Cheryl, I agree that the grays are wiry and almost even curly. I love that part about turning gray--at last my hair isn't so outrageously fine and straight!
I know what you mean! It's almost a little fun to have a different sort of hair coming out of the same scalp I've had all these years. I don't know what they look like to other people when they look at me but they just add a little shimmer in my hair. I just hope they don't take over. My Dad was the blond one of my parents and he never really grayed.

I am in dire need of a haircut, too. I am going to do something shorter for the summer. I just want to be cooler and have less to pull back into ponytails, etc. Maybe just be able to clip back the parts that fall into my face when I'm bending over, working. I'm open to suggestions!

Maybe I'll just go back to the way it was in my Avi. That was easy and ponytail-free.

Last edited by CherylB; 03-20-2012 at 04:35 PM..
Old 03-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #1500
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, I was a freakin' hermit...NO cheats or deviations for the whole round. NO cheats in P3. This time I've done some substituting of nutritional equivalents...can't believe that my body has any clue that it's getting 23 grams of protein from a piece of chicken or a scoop of protein powder, so I've been satisfying my tastes with some things like that. But no fat and no permissiveness with carbs (I don't and never did do the milk or grain in P2).

I could use some coarse grey hair for exactly the reason you state, Jess...mine is fine like a baby's and straight as a string. No greys yet though...it's kind of weird. My mom was totally grey by the time she was 32. She has that pretty silver hair, thick and it's also naturally curly in that soft, loose, wavy way, not the frizzy kinky way. And 20/20 eyesight at 89. I am NOT my mother's daughter! (and I may be a little bitter about that!) I don't mind my hair actually...because I look good in short hair. It would be hell if I didn't have the right face for it. Two more days of drops, three days of no drops VLCD and back to P3...which I could pretty much live in happily ever after. The only things I really grew attached to in P4 that I couldn't have in P3 were low carb tortillas for wraps and sweet potatoes. I thought it would be oatmeal but that turned out to be not nearly as thrilling as I remembered I pretty much replaced it with my GY with nuts, coconut and SF chocolate chips...which I can have in P3 (and can't wait for!)
Closed Thread