Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #121
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
I know just what you mean, Diva! It's easy to let your imagination run wild and think "wow, I could lose SO MUCH MORE and be as thin as a supermodel" and stuff like that. Because, as you said, THIS ACTUALLY WORKS!

But the fact is, I am 54. I need a certain amount of subcutaneous fat to pad my face, keep my collarbones from looking like knives, and so forth. So I am trying to be reasonable in my expectations!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
Me too...I'll be joining you at 54 in a few weeks. I can soooo relate
Old 08-01-2011, 06:17 PM   #123
Blabbermouth!!!

In my continuing adventures with chile garlic sauce, I just made myself the most delicious shrimp for dinner! I bought some of the Trader Joe's raw red shrimp (all deveined and peeled and ready to cook--I am not keen on handling shrimp), "sauteed" it with garlic in a bit of chicken broth, added in a handful of chopped cilantro, a blob of chile garlic paste and a squeeze of lime juice. Super yummy, and very low calorie. The package said 70 calories for 4 raw ounces.

After contemplating it all day, I've made up my mind. I'm going to do a fourth week of hcg/VLC before I move to P3. I just feel so great, and not at all desperate to move on, so I might as well capitalize. If, of course, I find that I'm no longer losing anything at all in that fourth week, I reserve the right to change my mind, but as of now, that is my plan.

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 08-01-2011, 07:28 PM   #124
Blabbermouth!!!

More random thoughts--gotta give the props to losing weight via Atkins as far as body composition is concerned. I have always been a pretty firm person, even when fat. Just a coincidence of genetics, I guess, with both fairly solid muscle tone and firm skin. I didn't even get any stretch marks with either pregnancy. I always figured maybe I have a lot of collagen or something?

But when I lost with Atkins, I got even firmer. At my lowest Atkins weight, I had very little jiggle going on, and felt that I looked quite a bit smaller than my weight should indicate because I was sort of...compact would be the word, I guess.

But my body on this hcg thing is something else entirely--the best way I can describe certain spots is "spongey." Now, I've never in my LIFE, even when crash dieting to fit into a formal in college or other goofy teen stuff like that, lost 15 pounds in 2 and a half weeks, so this is uncharted territory for the old bod...

Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to getting my spongey butt back into the gym and hitting the weights, and returning to my protein-centric diet.

(And if Atkins was so great for me, why did I leave it? Simple--I stalled out at a very specific weight, several different times, and NOTHING on heaven or earth would budge me past it. Until this!!)

Ok, ok...I'll try to contain my musings until tomorrow. A journal for a motormouth like me can be a dangerous thing!
Old 08-01-2011, 08:53 PM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

I agree about the spongy thing. I am really looking forward to having the weight off and getting my tissue issues sorted. I have noticed that the sponginess seems to cycle...I'll look fine, then get squooshy, then drop a couple pounds quick and it will be better. So maybe it's just part of the process we're not done with yet.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:10 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jnaakins
Stats: 206/155/145
WOE: hhcg
Start Date: 7-18-2011
Just wanted to pop in and check in on ya-You're doing great Jess! I think you can do another week standing on your head and I bet you'll have a nice bit of weight gone when you're done.
As far as the spongey thing- I cant comment because the last time I was not spongey, I was in high school and I dont even remember what it feels like to not have tons of jiggle
Old 08-01-2011, 10:26 PM   #127
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnaakins View Post
Just wanted to pop in and check in on ya-You're doing great Jess! I think you can do another week standing on your head and I bet you'll have a nice bit of weight gone when you're done.
As far as the spongey thing- I cant comment because the last time I was not spongey, I was in high school and I dont even remember what it feels like to not have tons of jiggle
And we can continue to be hcg buddies! It' so much more fun with a cheering section!
Old 08-01-2011, 11:13 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OceanDreaming
Stats: 250/174/155
I'm in the same boat! I feel "squishy" too. I'm contemplating doing a short round, toning, evening out and repeat. But the scale dropping is so damned addictive! I'm sure I'm just being greedy and probably the toning would look a lot better than losing another 5 lbs or so. I'll probably opt to do another week right there with ya!
Old 08-02-2011, 12:01 AM   #129
Blabbermouth!!!

Hooray! We're all in this together!
Old 08-02-2011, 06:34 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

yep, I'm in until the end of the month, so let's go ladies!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:43 AM   #131
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok girls, sounds like we are going to kick some booty in August!!!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:56 AM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Hey, I like to kick booty. But I'm not doing hcg yet. Maybe one day. Just wanted to share, I'll kick booty from this side of things but I'll watch you kick butt from afar.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #133
Blabbermouth!!!

Let each kick booty in her own preferred style, my friend! The important thing is that the booty is being kicked!

I am down another .6 today, bringing me to an even 16 pounds, and an even 2 pounds for week 3. I'm going to give it until Thursday morning's weigh-in to conclude week 3's totals, though, since I stole a day from the beginning because of my trip to Seattle.

Last edited by verbqueen; 08-02-2011 at 10:20 AM.. Reason: darned typos...
Old 08-02-2011, 10:01 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jnaakins
Stats: 206/155/145
WOE: hhcg
Start Date: 7-18-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Ok girls, sounds like we are going to kick some booty in August!!!
Yes!!! I like this!!
And 16 lbs Jess that is awesome!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:39 AM   #135
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
yup, I fully intend to kick booty this month! lol

Good job Jessica! I'm thrilled for you!
Old 08-02-2011, 02:35 PM   #136
Blabbermouth!!!

So I spent a very happy morning playing dress-up in my closet, and tried on every pair of pants I own (which was upwards of 25...I'm a terrible clothes-hoarder. If I try on pants and they fit well, I'll buy every color, or even multiples of the same color.)

I was able to get rid of quite a few that were unwearably too big, and set aside six pairs of smaller sized pants that have hardly been worn, if at all, because I bought them just before I stalled out on Atkins. They fit beautifully now! I'm so excited!

And best of all, my closet is far less crammed full, now. I already did this process with dresses, and tomorrow I will work on blouses and jackets!
Old 08-02-2011, 03:05 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Yesssssssssssss.....that's excellent! I posted elsewhere that I reclaimed five of my own dresses from storage yesterday. It was GREAT!!
Old 08-02-2011, 05:09 PM   #138
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatediva View Post
Yesssssssssssss.....that's excellent! I posted elsewhere that I reclaimed five of my own dresses from storage yesterday. It was GREAT!!
Your post about your dresses was what inspired me, Diva!

(I also have a closet of black concert attire, and I need to put that on my list of stuff to go through. Like you, if I see something evening-y and black on a clearance rack, I will often pick it up. Some stuff has never been worn one time!)
Old 08-02-2011, 05:42 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
So I spent a very happy morning playing dress-up in my closet, and tried on every pair of pants I own (which was upwards of 25...I'm a terrible clothes-hoarder. If I try on pants and they fit well, I'll buy every color, or even multiples of the same color.)

I was able to get rid of quite a few that were unwearably too big, and set aside six pairs of smaller sized pants that have hardly been worn, if at all, because I bought them just before I stalled out on Atkins. They fit beautifully now! I'm so excited!

And best of all, my closet is far less crammed full, now. I already did this process with dresses, and tomorrow I will work on blouses and jackets!
That's awesome! Don't you just love that? I do need to go through my closets too. Really I need new clothes. I haven't bought any new ones yet and everything is pretty baggy on me (much better position than barely squeezing into everything). I even lost 1/2 pound during TOM...that's one for the books! Congrats on your 16 pound loss! I just realized you are 5'10...geez, you're super model tall! And if your weight is similar to mine, I'm quite sure you are wearing it much better than I am!
Old 08-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #140
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Dang girl, I wanna be your closet when I grow up!!! That's awesome!!! I'm so happy for you on your 16lb loss!!!!

You are doing so great! I'm so excited!!!
Old 08-02-2011, 06:38 PM   #141
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanDreaming View Post
I just realized you are 5'10...geez, you're super model tall!
And hence you understand my pants-hoarding ways. With the challenges I face, finding pants that fit is nearly impossible. I need AT LEAST a 32 1/2" inseam, 33 is better. But Tall/Long women's pants are usually 35 inches, so I have to take those in to be hemmed, which makes them expensive.

My ridiculous waist is probably 15 inches smaller than my (big) hips, so many styles of pants don't work. I have such a sharp taper between waist and hips that hip hugger or low-rise pants simply do not work--if I get them big enough to fit the hips, they simply slide off when I sit down. Plus, with my long body, tops don't get down far enough to meet them--and nobody wants to see a 54 year old exposed midriff!! haha!

So I like classic side zip pants with no waistband and darts in front and back and preferably a fairly full, drapey leg for dressy pants. And I HATE any kind of slash pockets on the sides--that just adds inches around the hips. Talbots makes some classic pants that do nicely, and so does Coldwater Creek (their beloved Holly pants). J.C. Penney has some, too. So whenever any of those come out in a new color, or a new length like cropped or capri, I just buy them on autopilot!

Remind me not to buy any more pants for a LONG time, though. Sheesh! No one needs 25 pairs of pants! Especially someone who can happily wear a nightgown till 3 in the afternoon!

Last edited by verbqueen; 08-02-2011 at 06:40 PM..
Old 08-02-2011, 06:38 PM   #142
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
Dang girl, I wanna be your closet when I grow up!!! That's awesome!!! I'm so happy for you on your 16lb loss!!!!

You are doing so great! I'm so excited!!!
Love, love, love to sweet Pootie.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #143
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
I jammies till 3 in the afternoon.

LOL. It's always funny to hear Denny say to me, "Oh good. You dressed today!"

Old 08-02-2011, 09:52 PM   #144
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
I jammies till 3 in the afternoon.

LOL. It's always funny to hear Denny say to me, "Oh good. You dressed today!"

Those very words have been said to me!
Old 08-03-2011, 06:31 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

I just looked at your photos again and must say you're gorgeous and can't imagine you 16 pounds lighter. Nor would I ever guess you were in your 50s. You're a shimmering example of low carb/high fat. I hope you post some after pics!
Old 08-03-2011, 06:50 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

BTW, I decided to go ahead and finish up my round this week. I'll take my weight today as my LDW. These last few weeks of marathon training are really vamping up and I don't think I can train on such low calorie days anymore. I'm more than thrilled with my 16# weight loss and you better believe that after my marathon in October I will be doing another round to get to goal. What a great experience this was, watching the scale drop nearly every day. I'll continue to root you on though! One more week, KUTGW!
Old 08-03-2011, 09:38 AM   #147
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
BTW, I decided to go ahead and finish up my round this week. I'll take my weight today as my LDW. These last few weeks of marathon training are really vamping up and I don't think I can train on such low calorie days anymore. I'm more than thrilled with my 16# weight loss and you better believe that after my marathon in October I will be doing another round to get to goal. What a great experience this was, watching the scale drop nearly every day. I'll continue to root you on though! One more week, KUTGW!
Girl, I'm AMAZED and more impressed than I can say that you were able to do any training of any kind on this few calories. I'll bet you run lighter and faster without that nagging 16 pounds, though--so WELL DONE!

I have absolutely no energy or will for exercise while eating like this. I have continued what I like to think of as my "kitchen gym." (I have a collection of dumbbells on the counter beneath my microwave. While I wait for coffee to brew, skillets to heat, meat to thaw, etc., I do bicep curls, tricep kickbacks and dips, shoulder presses, and various squats and lunges.) This is my entire fitness routine. That's it. Ha!

Congratulations on a job well-done, and go get 'em on the marathon. I cannot imagine being able to do something like that!
Old 08-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #148
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I just looked at your photos again and must say you're gorgeous and can't imagine you 16 pounds lighter. Nor would I ever guess you were in your 50s. You're a shimmering example of low carb/high fat. I hope you post some after pics!
I'm shimmering, alright--my face is just as oily as it was when I was 13. I reflect the camera flash right back and blind the photographer.

But seriously, thank you. However, bear in mind that I only pick freakishly flattering photos to post on the internet (like anyone puts bad ones up, right?! )

Last edited by verbqueen; 08-03-2011 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: sigh...when will I learn to proofread?
Old 08-03-2011, 09:48 AM   #149
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
I like that "freakishly flattering" thing. My mom once said to me about my facebook profile pic, "that doesn't even look like you!" But I was like, it looks good though! hahaha
Old 08-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #150
Blabbermouth!!!

So, I'm down .8 this morning! I am now a mere 3.8 pounds away from being "healthy weight" on ******! I am exactly 13 pounds away from my goal weight. I'm feeling REALLY good about my decision to extend another week. I'm knocking on the door of that stall weight--the one I've been never been able to break through in at least 8 years. I should hit it tomorrow morning, assuming I have a loss. So whether I'm able to move through that weight and on past it will be the true test of this plan. I'm both excited and afraid.

I have a bit of a challenge today. I'm meeting my boss and a good friend for dinner tonight. The friend and I are singing a duet in a couple of weeks and my boss is playing for us, so we're going to rehearse a bit, and then go out for a girls night out dinner. They are talking Mexican food and margaritas.

I know they won't bat an eye when I decline margaritas. One of us is nearly always on a diet, so that's no biggie. (Btw, my boss is 6 feet tall and my friend, Shelly, is 5'11". I think that's why we all like each other so much--we don't feel like giants when we're together!) However, I do NOT want to have to "explain" hcg, and if I order a side salad no dressing, I'm going to be quizzed bigtime.

I think what I'm going to do is this. The place I think we're going has all kinds of entree salads. I'll order one with chicken on it, say hold the cheese and if they question that, I'll say I'm trying to avoid dairy because it's bothering my stomach. Then I'll ask for dressing on the side, which ALL ladies ALWAYS do, haha. No one will notice whether I use the dressing or not. I can always stir it around with a spoon and pretend to use it. Then I can pick through the bowl of salad and take out what I can eat and leave what I can't.

Which reminds me of something funny (well, funny and sad)--remember last week when I was SO PROUD of how I went out with the hubby's staff for that fancy meal, and I got myself through it on plan. I was feeling so clever about how sneaky I was, and how I fooled everyone. When I got home and proudly told Hallie, my daughter, all about my tricks, she said "Mom, you know that's all classic anorexic stuff, right? You're not going anorexic on us, are you?" Wow. That threw me for a loop.

But no, I don't think that after being a bigtime foodie for the last 35 years, I have much chance of "going anorexic." But I guess all my tricks and sneakiness were not as original to me as I thought they were! :blush:
Closed Thread