Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #1441
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
I am sooooooo not at my sewing machine tonight even though I should be. I am just too beat. Too much 'excitement' over the weekend I guess. That and I taught from 2-9 yesterday after 2 church services. blarghhh...I need to zone and sleep. Have fun with the Brahms. It is such a glorious work. I'm nuts about it. So much more satisfying to sing than earlier Requiems. I dig the Romantic period

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #1442
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Hey, hardworking girls deserve a break, dangit. I'm glad you took one.

We really hammered the difficult sixth section of the Requiem last night, the one with the baritone solo and the really tough choral parts. I'm going to go to an extra rehearsal tonight, too, I think.

On tap today--staff meeting at church followed by trip back to the dentist to get that filling replaced. My dentist tends to be skimpy with the novacaine, and last time I had to have any work done, I steeled myself and got VERY assertive with her. Gonna have to do that again this time. Last time, I said "If I experience pain during this procedure, I will not come back to this practice any more. PLEASE make sure I am completely numbed and that I stay that way until you're finished." Gotta do that again today.

(I know--why don't I find another dentist? Hallie asks me that all the time. I guess the answer is that it's more scary to start all over with a NEW dentist than it is to deal with the one I'm familiar with.)

Later, friends.

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 02-21-2012, 09:42 AM   #1443
Major LCF Poster!

holy cow!!! Take a taser with you and tell her if you feel anything, you'll use it!

The Brahms is pretty rich, harmonically...very 'modern' for a Romantic. The best thing would be to just keep listening to it until it sounds "familiar" and "normal". If you just loop the thing and keep listening, you will remember our part because it is always on the top. I don't know about you, but I THANK GOD for that
Old 02-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #1444
Blabbermouth!!!

Of course, the downside of that is that a significant number of people in community choirs choose to sing soprano for that very reason--since they don't read music.

(All the more reason to keep "looping" and try to be a leader for my section!)
Old 02-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #1445
Major LCF Poster!

that choice won't work out too well for them in the Brahms unless they are legit sopranos. The tessitura of the piece is high.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #1446
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatediva View Post
that choice won't work out too well for them in the Brahms unless they are legit sopranos. The tessitura of the piece is high.
Ain't THAT the truth! And then there's the whole German thang....
Old 02-21-2012, 07:14 PM   #1447
Major LCF Poster!

see now? I didn't even think of that. German is like...English for me. I actually prefer to sing in German and French. For some reason I find they make placement much easier for me. But for the gen pub non-music reading soprano-because-it's-the-melody types...I bet that's HARD
Old 02-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #1448
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, I'm sure it's hard for you to think like an amateur after all your years as a pro! Anyway, the additional rehearsal last night was very helpful to me. So glad I went. It's all starting to lodge in my brain now, thank goodness.

I went to the user control panel and updated my weight to my current one. I feel more honest now--haha. Still feeling good and back to normal with my eating. I'm eating low carb--it's where I am most comfortable. Hoping that the 3 additional pounds will slowly come off and I'll eventually be back to 155. I see no reason why that shouldn't happen.

My plan for today is to clean house--Dave is coming home this weekend, and I like to make things spiffy for him. Also gotta get a postcard mailed out to my teen choir, reminding them that they are singing Sunday.

Wishing my low carb friends a happy and productive day.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:05 AM   #1449
Major LCF Poster!

sounds like you're in a "good place". We are good here as well. David called "GOOOOOAAAALLL" this morning. 190 lbs. Down 50 lbs in 50 days...how's that for a man thing?? (I'd hit him but I'm proud of him). He is looking forward to starting P3 Saturday breakfast. He tried on Will's pants last night...34 waist. Looks like that is going to be the new britches size. At 6'2", that's a fine looking size of pants to wear! We're both back in our high school pants and that feels good.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

I CAN HAVE THAT LATER
Old 02-22-2012, 10:09 AM   #1450
Blabbermouth!!!

Is there anything more GLORIOUS than being able to rob your kids' closets, I ask you! Hooray for David!!
Old 02-22-2012, 10:17 AM   #1451
Major LCF Poster!

YOU ARE RIGHT!!! I may have that made into a t-shirt! There was a day a couple of months ago when I pulled on my Aeropostale jeans and thought...sheesh...these feel tight. And...why are they so short??? Same style as Merry's so hers ended up in my drawer. Not one, but two sizes smaller than mine (hers are a 3/4 mine are 7/8) But they zipped, by golly. I went into her room and said "Hey...you want these?" and she said "MOOOOOOM!!!!! that's not FAIRRRRRRRR" so I gave em back
Old 02-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #1452
Blabbermouth!!!

Geez--when you can steal a ballerina's clothes and they fit, you know you are thin. Holy smokes!
Old 02-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #1453
Major LCF Poster!

only on the bottom half though...no matter how much weight I lost I would never fit in her tops/dresses. My rib cage is probably five or six inches bigger than hers (without the boobs). Singing makes your rib cage expand. Full of hot air for 40 years
Old 02-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #1454
Blabbermouth!!!

That must be why I don't make a big sound--my doggone rib cage is redonkulous small!

Having a lazy morning--still in robe at 11:14! Just resting up for my busy afternoon/evening--it's choir day!
Old 02-25-2012, 09:16 AM   #1455
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning, world. Just checking in--was way busy yesterday, so I read some stuff on LCF, but had nothing to post so didn't take the time.

Dave is home this weekend, and it always brings about HUGE eating challenges for me. We stopped at our favorite Mexican place last night, and it promptly put 1.4 pounds on me this morning--probably "loss of ketosis" water weight. Gonna try to watch it closely today and push a massive amount of water to get rid of the salt.

This is real life, though, and every day isn't going to be about my diet. Trying hard to learn to roll with it.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:37 AM   #1456
Major LCF Poster!

gotta do that, Jess. David had his first P3 breakfast this morning, so we're on our way to being out of 'diet mentality' here. The bad thing for me is that I've already considered (in my oh so perfectionistic streak) the fact that his bottle of excellent B-12 laced prescription strength HCG is barely used (he needed just a few days of the second bottle to real his goal). I could...I could see what happened. I could go another 10 pounds before I got close to "underweight" on the BMI charts. According to Simeons...if I had no "abnormal" fat, it would quit working, right?

Help me I think I've lost my mind.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:10 AM   #1457
Blabbermouth!!!

I completely understand the temptation, but it's honestly hard for me to imagine you ten pounds thinner. You really look perfect right now.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #1458
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks. I'm pretty sure David would think I was nuts. And he would probably be right!
Old 02-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #1459
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, world--I'm back. I'm always too busy to have any online time on the weekends when Dave is home, and I really miss it, especially the LCF time. It really keeps me grounded in reality and reminded of what my goals and priorities are.

As always, I went completely off my normal eating strategies over the weekend. Every meal was at a restaurant or at a party. I just plain did not weigh Sunday, yesterday or today. I know it doesn't really make any difference if I do or not--doesn't change anything, but it does help me manage my mood and kind of gives me a goal. So I'll weigh tomorrow and see how things are going.

Hope my LCFs out there are doing well. Spring is coming, tra la!
Old 02-28-2012, 09:49 AM   #1460
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Nice to see you again, Jessica! We missed you. Glad you got some good hubby-time in this weekend. Don't blame you for skipping the scale. Hope tomorrow's weigh-in is better than expected. See my siggy for news of me.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #1461
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Cheryl! Man, I'm glad to see you're back. Was a bit concerned for you.

I have had right rib cage pain off and on for seven or eight years now. I had chest x-rays, ultrasound, bloodwork, etc. Never found any explanation. My doctor said it's probably a ligament around the base of my rib cage that gets inflamed and irritated. Would not surprise me to learn that you're having that same thing. Ibuprofen helps mine when it flares up.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #1462
Big Yapper!

Well, mine's on the left side. If it was on the right, I'd be concerned about my liver! Especially after the wine and pizza binge I've been on the past week +. I know I give people a scare and I'm sorry. I do believe I have a condition that makes me "cyclical." My dad was Bipolar. I'm not diagnosed but I am taking one med that they give to Bipolars. I'd say the chances are pretty "good" (or rather "bad") that I got more then just my father's light hair and eyes.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #1463
Blabbermouth!!!

Nothing going on here. Just popping to wave hello.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #1464
Major LCF Poster!

Hi!!!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #1465
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi, Deb! How are tutu? Oops--I meant how are YOU?

I have had a truly bizarre day. Fridays are trash pickup day around here, and I swear that EVERY SINGLE FREAKING FRIDAY, we have Santa Ana winds. And because I live atop one of the foothills overlooking the Santa Ana River and the canyon that winds through the mountains, the winds are particularly insane here. This is exactly where the big winds from the desert get channeled into the wind tunnels and amplified into freak status. I have seriously seen my lawn furniture lifted into the air. I have had other people's lawn furniture fly into my back yard and land in my pool. I've seen full grown trees completely uprooted and deposited into the street.

So every Friday I end up spending hours going outside and picking up the large plastic trash, lawn clippings and recylables bins as they get blown over, and picking up the contents that have blown out of them before they all wind up in the next county somewhere...only to do it again ten minutes later, over and over until the trucks come by.

The bins are really big, about chest high on me, and I'm tall, and have heavy, hinged lids. This morning, as I was trying to upright one of the blown-over bins in the middle of a huge gust of wind, the wind caught the open lid, flipped it closed, and caught me smack on the middle of the bridge of my nose and very nearly knocked me cold. I heard a crunch, saw stars for a minute, then felt warmth and wetness headed down my face. I ran inside and looked in the mirror, and saw a big purple contusion with a deep jagged cut in the middle of it. I couldn't really see how deep the cut was because it was really gushing blood, as head wounds tend to do. When I finally got it to stop bleeding and took a better look at the cut, I decided I might need a stitch or two, so I drove myself to the emergency clinic, icing the contusion every time I stopped at a traffic light.

Long story short--they said stitches would probably create more trauma and scarring than the cut itself, so they super-glued it shut. Amazing, huh?

I'm not very presentable at the moment, so I think I'll be staying in this weekend. Sheesh....

Last edited by verbqueen; 03-02-2012 at 04:22 PM..
Old 03-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #1466
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Cheryl--here, at long last, is my new table. The custom table pad finally came, so I was able to "undrape" it from its cat-protection, haha:

Last edited by verbqueen; 03-02-2012 at 04:24 PM..
Old 03-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #1467
Major LCF Poster!

So pretty! Your floor is so beautiful too
Old 03-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #1468
Big Yapper!

Oh, Jess! I hope it doesn't leave a lasting reminder. It sounds like such a beautiful area that you live in, but the Santa Ana's must really SUCK. I lived on a lake once for a few years and when the wind and storms kicked up, it was exactly how you described it at your place. There was a golf course across the street from me and my house was set far back from the road but I'd be in the golf course looking for whatever bits and pieces of my things that I could find. Someone stole my nice big inner tube when it got pinned up against the chain link fence! I know that's what happened. I just KNOW it.

It's nice to hear anything from you! You've been MIA and we have missed you so much. I hope you are well, aside from your nose and the weekly ill-timed winds.

I love your dining room set! It looks like a professional decorator did your home. You have great taste, woman. Very special indeed.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #1469
Major LCF Poster!

I'm wound a little tight this week, Jess. It was just one of those weeks when I let petty people get to me. Doesn't happen that often...because I free-lance, I can, for the most part, avoid people I'd rather not work with. I'm extremely lucky and should spend more time appreciating that. I realize there are people who look petty in the eye every day.

We've had terrible weather here this week. Tornado warning, a beautiful but windy 70 degree day yesterday and snow this morning. Kansas. The worst of all possible worlds Tonight I have five ballerinas in for Merry's early b-day party. She will be 18 during spring break, so now is the best birthday party date. They're out having dinner then coming back here to sleep over. Long days tomorrow, Sunday, and Monday.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #1470
Big Yapper!

Deb, I'm sorry you are "under the weather" lately. Kansas does indeed seem to have the most extreme weather of all four seasons. I'm glad you haven't been "taken out" by one of those tornados. I have been thinking about you and praying for all my friends that they remain safe and under the Lord's care.

Petty people suck, but they will get theirs! Enjoy the ballarina party. Merry!
Closed Thread