Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #1411
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Sending you love tonight, Jessica. Miss you a lot! I hope you are in a good place.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2012, 07:57 AM   #1412
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Jess, it's so hard to stay balanced and focus in our journey to lose weight. I'm glad you are re-evaluating and resting your head. We love and miss you lady!!!!!

Hi Cheryl!
Old 02-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #1413
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Good morning, beloved friends. I awoke feeling rested and cheery and generally better this morning. I'm still feeling undecided about the whole "where do I go from here" thing, but it does feel nice to be back to my usual good cheer.

Thanks for being my main gals and always having my back. Wish I could meet you all for a cup of coffee and a good chat, but the Interwebz will have to do.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:54 AM   #1414
Big Yapper!

There you are! Yippee! She came home! Glad you are feeling more like yourself today. Hope you are finding peace and some answers.

Hi yourself, Pooti! Thanks for the shout-out.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #1415
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Saturday to you, LCFs. I'm feeling more like myself and have a nice uneventful weekend with my houseful of cats. (I am babysitting my grandcat this weekend while Hallie is in Vegas.)

Just holding steady with the weight right now trying to figure out where to go from here. Some of my inner dilemma concerns whether I'm a little lower right now than my body likes, hence my problem staying here. So should I just P3 and P4 and be done with it? But my head has different ideas than my body, so if I wanted to go a little lower, should I switch to something like JUDDD that isn't so taxing physically and emotionally? No one can answer these questions but me, of course, so that's kind of what all the contemplating is about.

Gonna make a run to Trader Joe's and the regular grocery store later to stock up on some basics. Other than that, a blissfully empty day!

Later!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 02-13-2012, 10:35 AM   #1416
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, LCFs. I'm having coffee, so if I may borrow from Layla, I'm feeling full of possibility right now! I've got a few household chores planned for today. My cleaning lady just called in sick, which is fine--saves me 80 bucks--but I will need to run the vacuum cleaner and california duster over my surfaces today. I don't make too much dirt, here all by myself, but the cat hair and dust does build up.

I have a new dining room table being delivered today! I'm excited--got a great deal on it at Ashley furniture. The one it's replacing is one I bought LONG ago as a young bride--it's a solid cherry Pennsylvania House table, but it's been uncomfortable since the day it was delivered and now it has 30 years of wear and scratches on it, so I'm ready to let it go. It has a rather deep apron around the sides, and it makes it hard to get your legs comfortable under the table. The new one, while not solid cherry or "fine furniture" like the Penn House one, has two pedestals and no apron, so should be a vast improvement in comfort. It's also rectangular rather than oval, so on holidays I can squeeze more people around it. I'll post a pic later.

I didn't buy any chairs. I didn't like the ones that were shown with my new table at the Ashley store--they were too ornate and it made them look cheap. I'm going to scope out some fun chairs at places like Pier One and World Market and see if something catches my eye. In the meantime, I'll use my old chairs.

Weight-wise, I'm just treading water. I'm still a bit up from my all-time low, posted weight, but I'm just maintaining with JUDDD right now. I'm feeling too rebellious and resentful to do any more VLCDs right now. JUDDD is pretty pleasant and easy, and I know I won't gain on it, and should lose slowly if I do it right.

That's all for me! I'll check back in later with a photo.

Last edited by verbqueen; 02-13-2012 at 10:37 AM..
Old 02-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #1417
Big Yapper!

The table sounds pretty and comfortable. I know what you mean. 9 years ago I spent $1000 on a table and chairs set at Raymour and Flanigan and have never felt it was right from the first time I sat at it at home. The chairs are too deep, the cushions don't let your fanny slide around when you're getting in and out, the glass top shows everyone's chubby legs underneath, yada, yada. Oh! And glass tops collect finger prints, smears, and dust like no other surface. I've put table clothes over it and placed throw pillows in the chairs and then it's much nicer. If I can sell it, I will. If not, I'm lugging it with me.

Looking forward to the pics! I'll post some of mine.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #1418
Big Yapper!

I just posted this for sale on Craigslist yesterday for only $425. No bites yet. I know it's unusual but it's solid oak!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dining Room Table 1.jpg (59.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Dining Room Table 2.jpg (37.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Dining Room Table 4.jpg (67.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 02-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #1419
Blabbermouth!!!

That's beautiful, Cheryl. I love glass tables: smudges, fingerprints and all. I have a glass table in my breakfast area, and I always have. I think it makes a room so light and bright! Is that your dining room? It's pretty!

My table just came, and I really like it, but my queen anne chairs look ridiculous with it, so I'll be commencing my search for new chairs ASAP.

Just got flowers brought to my door from my sweetie for V-day!
Old 02-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #1420
Big Yapper!

Awww! What a sweetie! Flowers are much better than Chocolates!

Pics, please! Yes, I love the way the table and chairs look, but it's like you said about your old one. I just don't ever sit at it. It just takes up space. (Yes, that's my dining room. There are three exposed wood beams that run the length of the room. Very pretty and bright, with a Bay window facing south.)
Old 02-14-2012, 06:55 AM   #1421
the condiment queen

Awwww! Flowers from your sweetie!!! You are a lucky woman! And a new table and chairs??? Sweet!!! Love and hugs hon! Happy VD!
Old 02-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #1422
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
Happy Valentine's Day, Jesse. You are a sweetheart!
Old 02-14-2012, 09:16 AM   #1423
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy VD, friends! (So rarely are those particular words and letters strung together...)

And now for something funny:

So as I said, yesterday afternoon I received a lovely Valentine bouquet in a red vase, plus a balloon, from my sweetie. So imagine my surprise when I got in from Chorale rehearsal last night and there on my front porch was.....well, a lovely Valentine bouquet in a red vase, plus a balloon, containing an identical card from Dave! Hahahaha. Apparently, Teleflora had a glitch in their system! He checked his card--was only charged the one time.

I called him and said "honey, you must love me A LOT!"

(P.S. In the top photo, you can see my empty dining room, awaiting the new table!)

Last edited by verbqueen; 02-14-2012 at 09:17 AM..
Old 02-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #1424
Big Yapper!

Hey! Buy one get one free! Aren't you the lucky sweetie today! I love your home. It's so lovely. Hope you enjoy the new table. We want more pics when it gets set into its place. Happy V-Day, darlin'! We love you.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #1425
Blabbermouth!!!

I swear, I do NOT know what is going on with me? Maybe some kind of hormone thing? I have stayed up until 2:00 for three of the last four nights--reading or watching TV. (I watched the entire last season of The Walking Dead a couple of nights ago.)

And my eating and cravings have just been bizarre. I have got to get this figured out.

In the meantime, I am off to Book Club today. The book we read for the month, Honolulu by Alan Brennert, was good--reminded me a bit of Shanghai Girls. This is the salad bar lunch group, so I should be good in the lunch department.

See youse guys later!
Old 02-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #1426
Big Yapper!

Jessica, what are you doing for exercise? I know you were talking about working out a while back. Do you have time in your day to go for a couple mile walk? I am finding that the physical exertion I expend at the farm is really helping me this round. I know Simeon's says not to exercise in P2 but we are all unique and what works for some won't work for all.

I will pray for you to be back to your old self soon. Maybe you should go get some blood work drawn. Love you.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #1427
the condiment queen

Saying prayers you get it figured out soon Jess! Maybe it's the change of seasons coming? Making you extra hungry??
Old 02-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #1428
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, LCFs. I'm feeling good today--more focused, more clear, more...normal.

Yep, Pooti, I have definitely put change of seasons on my list of possible reasons for my little breakdown. I have always had a very hard time with January and February. My moods are SO impacted by light. I can get through December, the darkest month, with little trouble because of all the Christmas festivity, but after that reality comes crashing home. I'm enjoying seeing the days lengthen a little every day, though.

I've been using the journaling area on ****** to type out some thoughts and ideas about what's going in me--stuff that's too intimate, as well as boring, to put here. I'm also using the mood-tracking thing on ****** every day--trying to see a correlation between the various moods the application tracks: energy, anger, hunger, happiness, etc. It's interesting. There are a lot more tools there than just calorie counting. It's worth checking out.

Anyway, yesterday I had a perfectly normal, healthy eating and appetite day--no weird urges or cravings. So that's good.

I have a busy day and must get rolling. Thanks to my good friends for your continued interest and support--means a lot!
Old 02-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #1429
Big Yapper!

Jess, I'm glad you are feeling a little better. I have been praying for you. I know all too well how it feels to suffer from SAD and other general depressive states. I don't know if money is tight right now but if I were you, I'd order a good quality sun lamp NOW. Get it mailed to you and you might have it by early next week. Check Amazon. If that is your problem, there is an easy fix.

I'm glad you're journaling, too. I find that has value and journal too. Sleep tight, dear friend.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:02 AM   #1430
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, LCFs. I'm in pretty good spirits today. The sun is out and I have a lovely, empty Friday at my beck and call. Not sure yet what I'm going to do, but I'm thinking of going to a movie.

The "madness" seems to have passed. I'm feeling normal and eating normally and just generally feel like myself again. Cheryl, I'm way ahead of you on the light thing. Several years back I bought a full-spectrum lamp and in the low-light times of the year, I sit with it pointed right at my face/eyes for an hour or more a day. I don't want to do a sunlamp, for skin reasons, but supposedly a full-spectrum light is the best thing for SAD, anyway. (Sometimes I forget about using my lamp, tho, so thanks for the reminder!)

I'm still having fun with ******. Today I noticed that it has a place to track your measurements, so I measured myself and plugged it all in. If I can remember, I'll try to revisit it and add my measurements in future weeks--see if anything changes over time. Since my weight is up a little right now, maybe some of them will go down?

I'm still an hourglass: 38-26.5-39. No surprise there. I measured all the other stuff that they have available, too--things I've never measured before like my calves and my neck! Ha!

I'm headed out to check the matinee listings. Have a good one, Cheryl and anyone else who comes by.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #1431
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Jessica, I started measuring the basics. But I noticed I lose in my fingers and wrists, as well as other places. That counts, right?
Old 02-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #1432
Blabbermouth!!!

Heck yeah--everything counts. And I have to agree--my rings and my watch are one of the first ways I show a weight loss.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #1433
Big Yapper!

I don't measure often but when I do, I measure my neck, upper arms, forearms, wrist, bust, (wish I thought to measure just below the bust, but never have), waist, abdomen (the pooch), hips, upper thighs, knees, calves and ankles. It's a lot of measuring and I only do it at milestones. I'll do it again when I hit the 150's.

I'm so glad you are feeling better and have that full-spectrum light! Turn that puppy on! I could really use one of those. So you prefer them to the sun lamps and they work just as well? Are they cheaper? I got to get me one next Fall. I start feeling it as early as August.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #1434
Big Yapper!

Hey! Where's that pic of your new table??
Old 02-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #1435
Blabbermouth!!!

Just a quick note this Saturday morning, because I'm on my way out the door to the Swap Meet (gonna stock up on 5 dollar sunglasses.)

Anyway, I'm feeling really good today, and I got on the scale to face the music, and was pleasantly surprised. I'm up a little from my low, but not too bad. I feel like I've put the weird sugar-addicted demonic possession (haha) behind me and I'm moving on--not gonna talk about my weird last couple of weeks any more. Except to say that this stuff happens--may well happen to YOU, whoever is reading this--but you can fight it down and move on. I think that's just part of maintaining a healthy life and weight.

Have a good Saturday.

(P.S. Cheryl, more on table later)
Old 02-18-2012, 09:39 AM   #1436
Big Yapper!

Have fun at the Swap Meet! I love those. Glad that you are back in the saddle again!
Old 02-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #1437
Blabbermouth!!!

Hallie and I had a great time. I got two new pairs of fake D&G sunglasses, for a whole $5 each, haha. I bought some really ripe, lovely strawberries at the farmer's market area. Hallie and I both bought sheets--we'll see if they're any good, for twenty bucks. And she got two purses. Nice haul!

I got a new skirt in themail that I'd ordered from Coldwater Creek's clearance stuff, so I ran to Kohl's a few minutes ago to see if I could find a cardigan to wear with it. I did, and used my 30% off coupon. This will be the cheapest outfit ever put together in the history of sale racks. I plan to wear it to church tomorrow!

Had a good eating day, and felt great. Sweet dreams, friends!

(P.S. About the table, as soon as the delivery guys got it set up, I put one of those cut-to-fit quilted table pads on it, plus stacks off books on top of that to keep the kitties from scratching it--you can kinda see it back there with the white cover on it in that second flower arrangement photo. So right now, it's all covered up. I ordered a custom table pad, so when that gets here and I "undrape" it, I'll take a pic!)
Old 02-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #1438
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello, world. Gotta busy day today, as Mondays so often are. Dentist this morning, then Lunch Monday, And OCM Chorale tonight. Before the rehearsal, I need to sing through the entire Brahms Requiem with my rehearsal CD. I am still very, VERY shaky on parts of it. It's a much more difficult work than the Mozart Requiem we did last year. The timing is challenging, and I can't seem to "own" it enough to slip into autopilot--have to count every single note and never let up for a second.

My soprano buddies have been asking me if I'm planning audition for the soprano solo, which is lovely but difficult. I am not--it's more than I want to bite off without the support of a teacher, and I want to enjoy this Requiem and not stress about it.

OK--off to get dressed for the dentist visit. Man, I hate the dentist...
Old 02-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #1439
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
I've sung that role a lot of times...if you're sure, that's fine, but if you want help with it, we could Skype a lesson or something.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #1440
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatediva View Post
I've sung that role a lot of times...if you're sure, that's fine, but if you want help with it, we could Skype a lesson or something.
Deb, you are such a lovely person--that might be the nicest offer ever! But I feel pretty strongly that this is more than I want to bite off just now, and I honestly don't think you have TIME to look up from your sewing machine long enough to give me a lesson!

I am, however, working on finding a new teacher, mostly because of your encouragement/prodding, so big thanks for that!

P.S. Dentist visit was fine--no cavities, but I am going to replace one of my old silver amalgam fillings with a composite one. It's starting to crumble, which is a recipe for big troubles down the line if I don't get it fixed. That will leave me with only one "visible" filling left--all the rest have been done in composite or crowned!

Last edited by verbqueen; 02-20-2012 at 06:11 PM..
Closed Thread