Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #1351
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Cheryl, I'm kinda doing my own thing. Not quite rogue, not quite protocol. I'm eating a half a grapefruit and coffee for brekkie, P2 chili or chicken for lunch (but more than protocol, usually 4 or 5 ounces of protein) and stir-fried 96/4 ground beef or lean sirloin, also more than protocol with 5-6 ounces, for dinner. I usually have some salad or cabbage at dinner time, and have been having half an apple with lunch. Trying to avoid the wheat. It really irritates my gut.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #1352
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Sounds good! I will seriously miss my full-fat Ranch dressing on my salads when back on hhcg. I really don't like those WF dressings much. I'd rather eat my veggies steamed with zero cal butter spray on them. Whatever gets you through the round, right?
Old 01-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #1353
Blabbermouth!!!

I've been using those "spritzer" dressings you can get at the regular grocery store (Wishbone makes them.). Of course, if you use more than the recommended number of squirts, they're no longer zero calorie, but they're pretty good.

But the main thing I do is to simply dump my cooked burger, chicken or steak right on top of my pile of lettuce shreds. That way the cooking juice (and I add some broth to the pan at the end if it's not juicy enough) acts as a sort of dressing.

And heck yeah--whatever you can figure out to get you through!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 01-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #1354
Big Yapper!

Good idea!
Old 01-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #1355
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Love you new avi picture. Looks like your low days will have you back to your goal weight very shortly. You're almost there already.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #1356
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks, Pat! How is JUDDD treating you these days?
Old 01-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #1357
Blabbermouth!!!

Sheesh--the journal area is REALLY BUSY these days! I keep dropping to the second page! That's good though--lots of people starting the new year off with great new habits!

I'm down another pound, and getting really close to be being back at goal. As always with hcg, I feel incredibly good. (Probably also helps that its VERY warm and VERY sunny here.)

I'm getting ready to head to church for my choir marathon day, stopping at the nail salon on the way for a pedicure. I'm tired of my Christmas red--I think I need a spring-y coral on my toes.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:21 AM   #1358
Blabbermouth!!!

Small loss today--only .4 pounds. That's about normal for me for the 5th/6th day, though. I'll take it. Usually, I'll have one more biggish drop, maybe a pound, and then will come the week 2 and 3 days of a half a pound every few days. I've decided that I'm going to try to undershoot 155 a little, so when my inevitable upward stabilizing comes, I won't despair. We'll see. All depends on how much my body resists me!

I'm going to book club today. We're meeting at the YL Country Club, eating in their dining room and then doing our book discussion in their ladies' clubroom. This will actually work better for me than meeting at someone's house. I won't have to do tricks to avoid insulting the hostess and not insulting her cooking, since we'll order right off the menu. I know their menu well--they have something called an Armstrong Salad that is salad greens, chopped apple, chicken, walnuts and bleu cheese. I can order it with dressing on the side and pick around the cheese and nuts and not use the dressing. (It's wasteful, I know, to order the dressing on the side and not use it, but I just don't want to be that weight-obsessed lady who makes a show of having a tictac and water for lunch, ya know? That just makes everyone else feel bad about enjoying their lunch, so I try not to call any attention to myself.)

Have a good Friday, if anyone is reading this.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #1359
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
I'm reading!
Old 01-27-2012, 09:33 AM   #1360
Blabbermouth!!!

Love you, girl. And look at yer bad self in the 140s...
Old 01-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #1361
Major LCF Poster!

I haven't budged in months. It's OK. I filed my taxes today. Joy, joy. I also saw One For the Money. Love the books, do you read them?
Old 01-27-2012, 04:49 PM   #1362
Blabbermouth!!!

I read the first one and never read another. I should give them another try. I read PILES of mysteries, but I'm more of a "serious mystery" fan.

Love Katherine Heigl, though. People stop my Hallie in the street to tell her how much she looks like KH, so maybe that's why!

P.S. RE: reading--I just finished the last book of the Hunger Games trilogy. They are "young adult" fiction, but very well done and great reads. A movie is about to come out, like any day now, of the first one! The premise is a kind of Twilight Zone-ish future world in which each year children must be chosen by lottery from each area of the country and sent to participate in a televised fight to the death. Only one kid can emerge alive from the "Game." Great reading--can't wait for the movie.

Last edited by verbqueen; 01-27-2012 at 05:19 PM..
Old 01-28-2012, 05:04 AM   #1363
Major LCF Poster!

I saw that preview yesterday! It almost reminded me of the chronicles of narnia. I'm not sure why.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:57 AM   #1364
Blabbermouth!!!

Heidi, if you were a Narnia kid, and I certainly was, I have a couple of wonderful books to recommend. No time now--about to be late for a music workshop, but later!

I'm down to 156.0 this morning, so almost there! Hooray!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:23 AM   #1365
Major LCF Poster!

Yay for 156! I love an even number. It means tomorrow you'll be in the 155 range! Recommend when you have time, please!
Old 01-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #1366
Big Yapper!

You're doing great, Jess! How low are you aiming for this time? I know you said you might go lower.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:26 AM   #1367
Blabbermouth!!!

No loss for me at 0-dark-hundred when I weighed in today, but it's about time for that day to come--today is one week and that's when I always slow down. Gonna keep plugging along with it for a while and see what happens.

Happy Sunday, folks.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #1368
Major LCF Poster!

Sunday's shouldn't count! LOL It's a day of rest!
Old 01-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #1369

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
No loss for me at 0-dark-hundred when I weighed in today, but it's about time for that day to come--today is one week and that's when I always slow down. Gonna keep plugging along with it for a while and see what happens.

Happy Sunday, folks.
Jessica, does this happen for most everyone who follows this protocol? Is this just from the metabolism being triggered to slow down after a few days in response to continuous very low calories? If you stay on the HCG for 5 more weeks, for example, does the weight loss pick up again? Or just continue, but at a rate no faster than other plans? Or halt, even on the very low calories? Is it the HCG that is boosting your metabolism, or the periods of dieting? And.. how do you know what your metabolism should be anyway?

I read your journal here and followed your progress for so long, and you've just done such a fabulous job these months. But is there a maintenance plan where you don't have to go back to the extreme low calorie days of the plan? Can you maintain on JUDDD with full UDs and quite high DDs too and maintain that way? (Or something similar to JUDDD.) Or no...
Old 01-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #1370
Big Yapper!

So many questions, SoHappy! I don't think any of us have the answers. All we can do is keep on experimenting with our lives and our bodies and see what works and what ultimately doesn't. I know JUDDD is your plan-of-choice but it doesn't work for us all.

Jessica, I always have a bad scale day when I'm weighing-in much earlier than normal. Blow it off and see what tomorrow brings. Today if my P2VLCD1 and I'm going to go the full month of February, unless I'm really hating it. I'm hoping it goes smoothly. I want so much to get to the 150's by March 1 (beginning of P3). That's going to be tough, but it won't be impossible.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #1371
Blabbermouth!!!

Pat, I have struggled early and often with all of these questions.

Regarding the losses--my body has followed exactly the same pattern with each of my rounds: 7-10 pounds the first week, 2-3 pounds with each subsequent week. Others lose faster (and some slower), but this is at least TWICE as fast as any other weight loss plan I have ever done, Atkins and JUDDD included. I think it slows down because the human body is programmed (by countless generations of surviving famines!) to throw on the brakes when body fat starts getting burned at a precipitous rate--which is why the stopping and starting pattern of Simeon's Protocol is helpful.

As far as maintaining it--I don't exactly know what that's going to take. Since I hit my final goal just as Thanksgiving and Christmas arrived, I didn't do a normal P3 and P4 to ease into maintenance. That's what I have to try to do now. I did have a very easy and successful P3 after my very first round, stabilizing easily, so I do know that theoretically, such a thing is possible. My personal belief is that your personal weight history probably affects how easily you stabilize. If you stop somewhere near a longterm weight that your body remembers, that seems to make it easier.

I'm really interested to see how it goes after I finish this round.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #1372
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
For me, stability has been completely idiot proof. I have to wonder, since the only significant difference in what we did is this one thing, if the fact that I used prescription HCG may be part of the reason for the ease of my maintenance. I can eat my head off these days, have eaten everything under the sun, not even been particularly careful, with the exception of not eating "treats' two days in a row (cupcakes, cookies, big treats...not a little bite here or there). Still below LDW, now by 5 lbs, still only ever did one round, still never needed a CD or any additional effort.

I know the conventional wisdom on this board is that the type of HCG doesn't make a difference, but I have wondered.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

I CAN HAVE THAT LATER
Old 01-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #1373
Big Yapper!

You are a walking miracle, Deb. Do you still stick to hormone-free meat? I think that might have also helped you, and that you ate no grain during P2. I have no clue otherwise, but I wish I was more like you! What a blessing that must be to feel cured.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:23 PM   #1374
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
I try to stay with organic meats, yes...it just makes sense to me not to eat the muscles of animals who've been dosed with steroids to make them bigger if I don't want to be bigger myself. Of course I can't always do that when I eat out or at someone else's house.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:28 PM   #1375

Quote:

Regarding the losses--my body has followed exactly the same pattern with each of my rounds: 7-10 pounds the first week, 2-3 pounds with each subsequent week. Others lose faster (and some slower), but this is at least TWICE as fast as any other weight loss plan I have ever done, Atkins and JUDDD included. I think it slows down because the human body is programmed (by countless generations of surviving famines!) to throw on the brakes when body fat starts getting burned at a precipitous rate--which is why the stopping and starting pattern of Simeon's Protocol is helpful.

As far as maintaining it--I don't exactly know what that's going to take. Since I hit my final goal just as Thanksgiving and Christmas arrived, I didn't do a normal P3 and P4 to ease into maintenance. That's what I have to try to do now. I did have a very easy and successful P3 after my very first round, stabilizing easily, so I do know that theoretically, such a thing is possible. My personal belief is that your personal weight history probably affects how easily you stabilize. If you stop somewhere near a longterm weight that your body remembers, that seems to make it easier.

I'm interested too. I have followed your journal story and your HCG journey, and remember how JUDDD was awfully so-so for you, and then you doing your first round on HCG and absolutely melting before my very eyes! It was so exciting.

You don't seem to have any trouble making every round bring about fast weight loss, other than the slow down that happens fairly quickly, but it seems always to continue, and definitely faster than anything on Atkins or JUDDD that I've witnessed.

It must just be the metabolism putting brakes on, as you surmise. But it seems to still respond with some weight loss even then.

Interesting thought about stopping and maintaining at some past long-term weight where you were stable for quite awhile. I haven't read anything about that, but it sure sounds plausible.

Continued great success. It does seem reasonable that if you get just a few pounds lower than where you've been so far, you will have just that little extra leeway for the normal maintenance fluctuations of everyday life. I think you've done such a good job of staying always around your finishing weight that when you get just a smidge lower, you're going to have nailed the maintenance range nicely.

Your life is a whirlwind! I expect being nicely slim and trim makes it easier to keep up your pace! I continue to cheer you on. This has been immensely interesting to follow. The first I ever knew of this eating plan, so you and your experiences have been my education. LOL Thanks for your thoughts! Hugs!

Last edited by SoHappy; 01-29-2012 at 05:29 PM..
Old 01-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #1376
Big Yapper!

Quote:

Somehow I totally missed this post but saw the one Deb wrote. Sorry. I think you're right, about things being atypical to try and stabilize around the holidays. This time will be the true test! This will really only be my second P3 because I just couldn't stay focused after my first mega-huge first round. Each time I restarted, I'd just fade away or I was so incredibly rogue that it was hard to even call it a round. But this time I'm going to do my level best to play by the rules and lose the most I can in the time I am giving over to it. God bless each of us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatediva View Post
I try to stay with organic meats, yes...it just makes sense to me not to eat the muscles of animals who've been dosed with steroids to make them bigger if I don't want to be bigger myself. Of course I can't always do that when I eat out or at someone else's house.
I really think this is one of the keys to your success. It has to be! I'm going to try and eat mainly organic meats, too. (Oops. Tried to be cute and I got bleeped!) When I tried to emulate your Dr-prescribed round the last time I did hcg, I was losing like gang-busters. I just faded away when I got sick of chicken and broccoli. I thought I could eat that meal all the way through! Must have been too much to ask of myself.

Pat, I had a ton of questions and anxiety when I was thinking of starting my first round. I didn't believe it could be a real way to lose weight. I was sure that they were all deluded. I was going to try it just to see for myself, and had no expectations of it working. But, lo and behold it did! There's defintely something to this.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-29-2012 at 06:45 PM..
Old 01-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #1377
Blabbermouth!!!

So it's good news and bad for me today--the good being that I now have that elusive "5" reclaimed, but only barely--155.8. The bad--I've only lost .2 pounds in three days. If it's still the same tomorrow, I'll do an apple day!

Not doing Lunch Monday today--I have a bridge game at 2 and my community chorale tonight, and that's too many places to be in one day for me, so H. and I will do Lunch Tuesday this week. It's good--gonna really try to focus on drinking massive amounts of water. Plus, I had to eat out both Saturday and Sunday, and that always slows me down. Will eat all meals at home today, and perhaps that will budge me!
Old 01-30-2012, 10:29 AM   #1378
Big Yapper!

You go, girl! I'm rootin' for ya!!! Have a great day today.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:33 AM   #1379
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, world. .6 pound loss today, and back to my all-time low of 155.2. With luck, tomorrow could be entering into VFT! I don't feel any violent urge to stop the diet. Still enjoying the foods and feeling good, so I'll keep going and see where I land.

Got a nice, wide-open day today, so planning to do a few errands and maybe a project or two around the house. Gorgeous and sunny here, but not quite as unseasonably warm as it was over the weekend.

I'll check in again later!
Old 01-31-2012, 09:56 AM   #1380
Big Yapper!

Have an awesome day, Jess!
Closed Thread