Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 11:35 AM   #1321
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
Jen...you're beautiful. That HAIR is just glorious. Beautiful eyes, full lips. Gorgeous.

I'm sorry you're hurting, Cheryl. I've been wondering if maybe I hurt all the time but I just notice it more when it's cold (because I do tend to "tense up" when I'm not really warm), or if my joints are actually more sore in the cold. Not that it matters, I'm just curious as to how much a difference it would make if I lived somewhere warmer, or had Layla's sauna

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #1322
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon bit View Post
Yep, Cheryl. I did. Then played with effects on my phone. No one really takes pictures of me lol
On your phone? I didn't realize you could play with effects on a phone. I have a blackberry that is 3.5 years old now. I'm thankful that it continues to work! But really, I love the avi. You are so pretty, Heidi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatediva View Post
Jen...you're beautiful. That HAIR is just glorious. Beautiful eyes, full lips. Gorgeous.

I'm sorry you're hurting, Cheryl. I've been wondering if maybe I hurt all the time but I just notice it more when it's cold (because I do tend to "tense up" when I'm not really warm), or if my joints are actually more sore in the cold. Not that it matters, I'm just curious as to how much a difference it would make if I lived somewhere warmer, or had Layla's sauna
Or my hot tub! When I bought this house, I had envisioned adding a small dry sauna. I had a good idea where to put it. Too bad my plans for homeownership have fizzled out. Oh, well! Some people are born to be renters! It's too hard to be a homeowner as a single woman. This house was a project from the very first and will remain a project for whoever takes my place. Parting is such sweet sorrow!

I really don't know why I ache. I think it has more to do with the weight regain than the cold. I feel so much younger when I'm lighter. I'm still in the mid 170's so when I'm back in the mid-to-lower 160's, I'll be able to compare how I was feeling (at that weight) to how I feel at that weight during the cold months. I hope to get there soon!
Old 01-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #1323
Major LCF Poster!

I wish mine had been weight related. It's just plain old (old old old) arthritis. My knees sound like ripping velcro when I bend and straighten them.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #1324
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
I have arthritis, too. I had to take steroids for years. That's what caused it. It's acting up horribly this winter. I feel for you girls.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #1325
Major LCF Poster!

Maybe we all need to move to Yorba Linda and hang out with our favorite OSU fan
Old 01-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #1326
Big Yapper!

Quote:
I wish mine had been weight related. It's just plain old (old old old) arthritis. My knees sound like ripping velcro when I bend and straighten them.
I cried out in agony just reading that. Have you looked into knee replacement surgery? Or even Arthroscopic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon bit View Post
I have arthritis, too. I had to take steroids for years. That's what caused it. It's acting up horribly this winter. I feel for you girls.
You lost all that weight while taking steroids? You are the first person I've ever known to do that. Seriously:

Quote:
Maybe we all need to move to Yorba Linda and hang out with our favorite OSU fan
Let's go! I am more than game.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:34 AM   #1327
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Morning, all. One last moment of sanity here before I'm off to the races. (Making mental note to bring deodorant in my purse, cause I'll need it once I get this mammo finished and head off for my other stuff today.)

My half pound loss of yesterday is right back. My intent now is to tread water as best I can until Monday and then do a short round to get back to 155. Dave is coming in tonight (yes, on top of everything else, I get to go to the airport, too.) It would be self-defeating to start a round now, and correction days while he is home will be nearly impossible.

Heidi, I agree that your new avi is so pretty and glamorous. How's the new man in your life?

Girls, I'm so sorry for your hurting and aching joints. It's a good reminder to me to quit whining about my small problems, though, and be grateful for my pain-free life. Hang in there. Spring will come!

And now, away I go!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 01-19-2012, 08:54 AM   #1328
Major LCF Poster!

Cheryl, my knees will not be replaced until they will not hold me up at all. My mother had that surgery and I will do just about anything to avoid it, for as long as possible. I expect it may happen eventually, but not if I can still walk without it.

Jess, have a good weekend with Dave. Nice to have him home! We will be leaving next Tuesday for Amy's graduation and won't be back until late Friday. So I expect I'll be scarce around these parts next week. Get after your P2...you're a pro!

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

I CAN HAVE THAT LATER
Old 01-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #1329
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Morning, all. One last moment of sanity here before I'm off to the races. (Making mental note to bring deodorant in my purse, cause I'll need it once I get this mammo finished and head off for my other stuff today.)

My half pound loss of yesterday is right back. My intent now is to tread water as best I can until Monday and then do a short round to get back to 155. Dave is coming in tonight (yes, on top of everything else, I get to go to the airport, too.) It would be self-defeating to start a round now, and correction days while he is home will be nearly impossible.

Heidi, I agree that your new avi is so pretty and glamorous. How's the new man in your life?

Girls, I'm so sorry for your hurting and aching joints. It's a good reminder to me to quit whining about my small problems, though, and be grateful for my pain-free life. Hang in there. Spring will come!

And now, away I go!
DON'T FORGET THE DEODORANT!! On a day like you're going to have, you'll need it. I'm glad you don't have pain, Jessica. I'm really sorry that you are having trouble stabilizing though. Didn't you go well-below what you hoped to stabilize at just so you would settle-in around 160? I don't see how doing another round is going to fix this problem. You will always still end up back in P3, learning how to stabilize. I wish I could give you "the answer" but there is no such thing. Anyway, have a good day and I'm glad you are picking up your honey!

Quote:
Cheryl, my knees will not be replaced until they will not hold me up at all. My mother had that surgery and I will do just about anything to avoid it, for as long as possible. I expect it may happen eventually, but not if I can still walk without it.

Jess, have a good weekend with Dave. Nice to have him home! We will be leaving next Tuesday for Amy's graduation and won't be back until late Friday. So I expect I'll be scarce around these parts next week. Get after your P2...you're a pro!
Oh, No! The book is estimated to arrive the day after you leave. I didn't realize you were leaving to go somewhere next week. Oh, well! Something to brighten your day when you return home.

Knee and hip surgeries can go either way. I think the worst part of it for you would be messing up those lovely legs of yours. (Wolf whistle) Then, I hope you can scrape up the money and buy yourself a hot tub. Or (if you still haven't replaced the broken tub inside your home,) get a jetted tub in your house. It's worth every penny for someone who has chronic joint pain! If you can't fit one inside, then just a basic, second-hand one would do just great. There are so many second-hand ones out there right now! And you can pay someone to move it to your home and get it all hooked up.

In hindsight, buying anything like that retail is such a huge waste of money. I paid over $8K for mine and it was a "B unit" (had a little cosmetic flaw in the shell). Now I can't find anyone to buy it for even $1K and it works perfectly. You could really find a good one cheap. Stepping off my soap box now.

I'm only down another 0.2 today. I need to really stop the daily weighing. It affects my spirit and I can't afford that to happen! It's like willingly putting your head on the chopping block each day. Atkins works great in the first week or two and then things slow WAY down. I'm in the WAY down phase now. I'm not doing anything wrong, it's just "that time."

I hope everyone has a nice day today. Be safe! Be careful when you are rushing here and there and please stay out of trouble.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #1330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Cheryl, no I didn't lose a bit of weight while on steroids, or for years after. It sticks around a while and some side effects never reverse. My vision will never go back either. Steroids made and still make me miserable! However, I can now eat virtually pain free and without a fever. So there's that.

As for the man...his uncle just died and my kids and I have strep. Haven't seen him in a week. But I have to tell you that strep throat is one of those illnesses that I can actually lose weight during. I'm completely in my comfort zone now.

Read me
And also...
Old 01-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #1331
Big Yapper!

Well, I'm so glad you are doing so much better now, Heidi! (Except for the Strep.) Get well soon! Sorry about your hubby's uncle. May God give him peace about it.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:24 AM   #1332
Blabbermouth!!!

Bless your poor heart, Heidi! But hey, congrats on the weight loss-the HARD way.

I survived my wild day yesterday. Dave didn't end up coming in--flight got cancelled, and he had issues at the plant to deal with because of the weather. So I'm picking him up today at 5:30. I have nothing going on today until then, and I've spent a much-needed "pajama morning" folding laundry, putting things away, watering plants, etc.

Vein doc is going to submit my case to my insurance and see what they say. How we proceed will depend on them, so that's still up in the air. Mammo went fine, I guess. Who can tell? All they say is "you're going to feel pressure" (geez, ya think?) and ""hold your breath."

Because I got the gift of this un-programmed day, I'm doing a yogurt correction day again. But my plan is still another short round starting Monday. That just feels like the right thing to do.

Later, y'all. Deb, I'm sure we'll "talk" before you go, but I'm excited for you for Amy's big day!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #1333
Big Yapper!

A PJ morning! Yea! Hope your yogurt day goes great and that Dave's flight is uneventful.

I second that, Deb. Very excited for you, too!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #1334
Major LCF Poster!

Good lord, I've lost my last brain cell! I called Heidi "Jen" and just put chili powder in my coffee (the container looks like my cinnamon box)

HELP ME
Old 01-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #1335
Blabbermouth!!!

That certainly is a new take on *Mexican* coffee.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #1336
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
..........Because I got the gift of this un-programmed day, I'm doing a yogurt correction day again. But my plan is still another short round starting Monday. That just feels like the right thing to do.
A question has popped into my head. LOL So, will you need to do yogurt correction days and additional rounds forever, as a form of maintenance, or does that part of the protocol ease off?

It just occurred to me that I haven't read enough of how folks actually spend their lives in maintenance on this plan, so thought this would be the perfect place to ask the question as I know there are several successful HCG protocol folks here to guide you.

TIA

Love reading about your active whirlwind life, VQ!
Old 01-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #1337
Major LCF Poster!

I am in my fifth month of maintenance after reaching my goal in one long round. I have not needed a correction day yet, but won't hesitate to do one if I should. I've eaten mostly low carb but I've also had plenty of lovely treats and meals over the holidays as well as a five course gourmet dinner at a really fine restaurant here. I've been sickeningly stable and feel like I really have "reset" my metabolism.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #1338
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Good lord, I've lost my last brain cell! I called Heidi "Jen" and just put chili powder in my coffee (the container looks like my cinnamon box)

HELP ME
If that coffee won't wake you up in the morning, nothing will!

Check out my journal and pics! Great barn day.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #1339
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, gang! This has to be short, as I'm about to run Dave to the airport to go back to Seattle. We had a nice, but brief weekend. He wasn't able to get home Thurs. nite, as I think I said, so didn't get in until Friday evening. So it was pretty rushed. I was supposed to go to a Brahms Requiem rehearsal yesterday, from 1-5, but obviously, I skipped it, since Dave and I only had the one full day together.

I went ahead and started dosing yesterday and started my VLC days today. Feels like the right thing to do. I obviously stabilized at a higher weight than I want to be at.

Pat, I don't really know the answer to your question, but I guess I'll find out as I go. I feel like everything from Thanksgiving to today has been kind of screwed up for me, due to the holidays and traveling. So now that things are settling down, we'll see how it all works.

Now to watch about ten minutes of football--Go 49ers!!--and then off the aeropuerto.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #1340
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:

Pat, I don't really know the answer to your question, but I guess I'll find out as I go. I feel like everything from Thanksgiving to today has been kind of screwed up for me, due to the holidays and traveling. So now that things are settling down, we'll see how it all works.
You know, I'll bet that's it. You just took off like gangbusters, so something has to have changed, and it does make sense that it was all the topsy turvy way life is over the extended Holiday Season, etc. Hopefully this round will get you all settled back down into your nice comfort zone again. You've put in the work. You deserve to have this work for you! Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:52 AM   #1341
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning, world. It's a "blue Monday" here in So Cal--rain, rain, rain. We need it desperately here on the edge of the desert, and yet it never fails to bum me out a wee bit. So I'm trying to reprogram my thinking to "hooray--rain!" I can't really reprogram my wired-in Seasonal Affective Disorder, but I can try to overcome it with my conscious mind! So yeah.....hooray, it's raining!

My first day back on VLC went swimmingly well. Clearly, I just LOVE a super-structured diet. Something to think about, for sure--I need a way to gradually ease from highly structured to "normal" that doesn't totally shake my world up. Something to ponder.

I'm meeting Hallie for lunch today. It will be our first Lunch Monday since well before Christmas! I love a return to my routines. She loves to go to the Pho place for noodle soup on chilly, rainy days, and that will be good for me. Vietnamese places always have lots of wonderful salads.

My plan for the afternoon is to go outside and work on my garage. I never got around to posting my New Year's resolutions, but they are to:

1. Return to lifting weights and get strong again (maybe a personal trainer for a bit, to get me rolling?) Not doing this until after I get my weight stable--it always makes me gain.

2. Organize my "hoarder room," alternately known as the guest room/office.

3. Organize my garage and start parking my car in it again.

4. Find a new voice teacher and continue to improve my skills.

I'm hoping to do a little something toward reaching these goals every single day, or at least most days.

Later, friends.

Last edited by verbqueen; 01-23-2012 at 09:53 AM..
Old 01-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #1342
Big Yapper!

Hooray! Rain!!! That's the spirit! (It's raining here, too.)

Bless you as you navigate through another short hcg round and strive to check off your new year's goals. I'm working on mine, too.

(((HUGS)))
Old 01-24-2012, 09:27 AM   #1343
Blabbermouth!!!

Rain is gone, sun is out and it's a brand new, beautiful day! My load weight is gone, and as always with hhcg, I feel great and have no hunger. It's just amazing. On my numerous rounds (I've sorta lost track of how many I've done--but I think 3 "real" 3 week or longer rounds, and this is my second "short round"), I've learned a few things about how it works for me. I do better with more protein and slightly more calories--between 600 and 800. In the first few days, I can do the breadstick/melba thing, but after that, my losses slow down if I eat wheat. When things really slow down, the fruit has to go, too. I eat mostly beef--chicken and fish don't fill me up enough and I feel weak and hungry. My pattern seems to be that my significant losses come in the first week, with only about 2 pounds a week after that, hence the short rounds at the end of my journey.

My plans to further my New Year's goals today include phoning the local trash company to arrange a large item pickup (I have some furniture in my garage that just isn't in good enough shape to try to sell--a leather wing chair and two coffee tables, plus a patio umbrella that no longer works in the back yard.) Once I get those big items out of the way, I think it'll be pretty easy work to put my car in! I just hope I can get a Monday pick-up for the big stuff, because I can't get the heavy stuff out to the curb by myself, and Hallie is always here on Sunday afternoons. While I have them on the phone, I'm going to inquire about where to take my electronic stuff. I have numerous printers, monitors and CPUs from past computers that are all collecting dust in the "hoarder room." They're not supposed to be put into the regular trash for environmental reasons. I believe they have a special drop-off for electronics--will find out.

Regarding my fitness goal--gotta get to goal weight before I start that, and I am actively working on that as we speak (er...type?)
Old 01-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #1344
Big Yapper!

OMG! I have just the ticket for you, girl. Look up Freecycle.org and find the nearest chapter to where you live. Sign up and post an "offer" ad. You can post single offer ads or just list everything you want to get rid of in one post. I must warn you, though. You will get inundated with interested parties! Some will be "no-shows" so tell them up-front that the items will be given to the people who can come today or the next day.

I have given many things to Freecyclers and have received many things. It's main objective is to keep our landfills from filling up faster than they already are, but what it ends up being is a great place to find and give away free stuff!

Go soon!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:55 AM   #1345
Blabbermouth!!!

Great idea--I will check it out!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #1346
Blabbermouth!!!

WHEEE! I made EXCELLENT progress today. I spent all afternoon working in the garage, and threw away loads of stuff and organized other stuff. Once I get something sorted out about my castoff furniture, I'll easily be able to pull my car in!

It's a 3 car garage, but a very tight 3 car one. It has built in shelves around the three walls, which are completely full of things like holiday decorations and luggage. These 90's era So Cal houses have no storage at all. We don't have an attic, because our ceilings go all the way up to the roof level. We have a tiny coat closet in the hallway, a small built-in cabinet in the hallway which contains sheets and towels. The master bedroom has a walk-in closet, but the other three bedrooms have tiny, sliding-door ranch-style closets. That's it--all there is. So things like my artificial xmas trees, bins of holiday decorations, gift wrap, luggage, lawn and garden supplies, Dave's tools and car and motorcycle stuff, etc., all must share the garage! One stall is filled with our vintage 1967 Ford Fairlane, which leaves two stalls. But I figger one can hold all the extra stuff, and the other is by golly going to hold my Honda.

Had a good eating day--still not very hungry, as is usual with hcg. Feel very energetic and good. So far everything is going clockwork for me. I expect to be back at goal in a few more days, then will have to decide whether to go a little lower.

See youse guys tomorrow.

Last edited by verbqueen; 01-24-2012 at 06:56 PM..
Old 01-24-2012, 06:43 PM   #1347
Big Yapper!

My house is "70's era" but still sucks for closets. It's a Cape so there is a slanty-roofed "attic" but very little insulation up there. The mice call it home. I can't keep them away no matter what I try. Then the basement is wet, so I can't really store anything down there, if I want it to last. No garage, and only a large closet in the main bedroom/coat closet (they are connected, so if it was empty enough, I could walk through my closet and be at the front door.)

Another small closet in "Cisco's room" and a small one upstairs. Oh! And a linen closet upstairs, too. That's it and it ain't nearly enough. I think places to store your crap is more important than actual square footage!

I hope the Freecycle thing works out for you. It's a wonderful thing to get into. But beware! You may get more crap than you give away!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #1348
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello, Low Carb Friends. It's a WINDY (Santa Ana winds) day in So Cal, but as I've said before, that always gives me a strange buzz. It's VERY warm! Got all my doors standing open with the retractable screens pulled across.

I updated my stats to current numbers this morning and changed my photos. Guess I'm ready for a new year, finally!

My round is going swimmingly, and I'm getting close to where I was before I left for Seattle--I think I was 156.8 the day of my trip and today I'm 158.4. I'm already feeling that thing that everyone notes when they're on P2--that "cleaned out," flat belly feeling. No bloat, no heavy gut. Feels good!

I ordered a few things from Coldwater Creek and Soma last night. Actually, I ordered something like 9 items, in total, for less than a hundred bucks. Everything in CC's clearance section is now 85% off. I got pants, a duster-length jacket, a cardigan, earrings, some tops, and two beautiful nightgowns from Soma. And free shipping on all of it!

(So much for my resolve not to buy any more clothes. But who could resist those REDONKULOUS prices, I ask you?) Plus, I moved at least a dozen more garments from my closet into the give-away box. Heaven forbid that I should actually end up with a little room in my closet.

I woke up all excited about my tidy garage. Doesn't take much to make me happy.

Later, friends.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #1349
Blabbermouth!!!

P.S. The new avatar is from Christmas Eve--with one of my little choir guys. His mom took the photo and sent it to me.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #1350
Big Yapper!

Oh, boy. I hope no Jack @$$ starts a fire. Seems there's always some fool out there lighting fires when the wind kicks up out that way. I hope and pray that this time common sense prevails.

Clean Garage! Yea! Love the new Avi, too. Glad you are back in the "flat belly groove." What is your meal plan this go-round? I may be starting another round soon. I don't want to but I am impatient!!! It's high-time I got to goal. I'd have been there by October if I hadn't screwed around and let emotions and life get in my way.

Anyway, have a fun day and I hope you love your new clothes when they come. I'm addicted to free shipping. That always cinches the deal for me.
Closed Thread