Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Here it is, in all its heaviness, back home where it belongs:

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #1292
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I'm glad you don't have to drive home! Have a wonderful night with your choir.

Beautiful home! ... and Ficus.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-12-2012 at 02:42 PM..
Old 01-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #1293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
oooo that chair looks so cushy I want to come over and have tea with you!
Old 01-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #1294
Blabbermouth!!!

Wouldn't that be fun, Angela! I have a strong feeling we'd hit it off like house on fire. Maybe we can meet up in Seattle one fine day--or Vegas, of course.

Cheryl, thanks for the kind words. One of the many reasons I didn't want to move with Dave is that finally, after spending years on the "transfer trail" and having houses with plain white walls and beige carpet--ya know, for resale neutral-ness-- I got this one just the way I want it, warm and cozy and full of color. And I ain't leaving it!

Party went great, but I did drink some wine and I did not lose an ounce today. Gonna have to dig in a little deeper with the effort. I'm tempted to just start a new hcg round, but I'm determined to try cutting back on calories and carbs first. It won't be fast like hcg, but I just have to see if I can do it.

Busy, busy day today--duplicate bridge all day at YL country club, then straight to the varicose vein doctor to find out how my leg ultra-sound went.

See you guys (much!) later!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 01-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #1295
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
I think that's the right thing, Jess. I think you do need to do it without the HCG. If the stuff works at all (and I think it does) it is supposed to make your body treat calories the way a healthy thin person's body does. In other words...it should have 'fixed' your metabolism. I think you might confuse that issue and never fully have a real 'reset' unless you go through the P4 ups and downs and adjustments without re-doing the VLCD part of the plan. Remember too that as long as there is alcohol to burn, your body is going to burn those calories first...so even if you eat perfectly, you may not lose if you're having the wine. I think you'll get rid of all of it with about a week to ten days of squeaky clean low carb eating. I'd tend to space my meals at least 4 hours apart and forgo snacks so there is a long 'fast' between dinner and breakfast. Probably more like 5-7 days if you just eat like Angela

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

I CAN HAVE THAT LATER
Old 01-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #1296
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Eat like Angela? I EAT LIKE A PIG!
Old 01-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #1297
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
Eat like Angela? I EAT LIKE A PIG!
heh...me too, Doll...me too
Old 01-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #1298
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Wouldn't that be fun, Angela! I have a strong feeling we'd hit it off like house on fire. Maybe we can meet up in Seattle one fine day--or Vegas, of course.

Cheryl, thanks for the kind words. One of the many reasons I didn't want to move with Dave is that finally, after spending years on the "transfer trail" and having houses with plain white walls and beige carpet--ya know, for resale neutral-ness-- I got this one just the way I want it, warm and cozy and full of color. And I ain't leaving it!

Party went great, but I did drink some wine and I did not lose an ounce today. Gonna have to dig in a little deeper with the effort. I'm tempted to just start a new hcg round, but I'm determined to try cutting back on calories and carbs first. It won't be fast like hcg, but I just have to see if I can do it.

Busy, busy day today--duplicate bridge all day at YL country club, then straight to the varicose vein doctor to find out how my leg ultra-sound went.

See you guys (much!) later!
I don't think you're going to need to do that, Jessica. Trust that Atkins can keep you where you got to on your last round. It will be fine! I know it will. Give it time, okay?

I'm glad you are so comfy and cozy in your present home. Moving around is really tough. I used to do travel nursing so I understand neutral walls and unexciting surroundings. Personalizing things is so much fun!

I'm glad you enjoyed your party and drank the wine. Life is for the living.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #1299
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatediva View Post
I think that's the right thing, Jess. I think you do need to do it without the HCG. If the stuff works at all (and I think it does) it is supposed to make your body treat calories the way a healthy thin person's body does. In other words...it should have 'fixed' your metabolism. I think you might confuse that issue and never fully have a real 'reset' unless you go through the P4 ups and downs and adjustments without re-doing the VLCD part of the plan. Remember too that as long as there is alcohol to burn, your body is going to burn those calories first...so even if you eat perfectly, you may not lose if you're having the wine. I think you'll get rid of all of it with about a week to ten days of squeaky clean low carb eating. I'd tend to space my meals at least 4 hours apart and forgo snacks so there is a long 'fast' between dinner and breakfast. Probably more like 5-7 days if you just eat like Angela
Deb should know!
Old 01-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #1300
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, Deb, I think you are absolutely right. The hcg isn't supposed to be used like some kind of crash diet pill, but as a way to really heal your metabolism, and I have to give it a chance to finish doing its work.

And I am really, really trying to do the Angela thang--3 good meals and no snacks. It's actually a very satisfying way to eat.

So, the handsome vein doctor bailed on me today. Some silly little annoyance like somebody's emergency surgery kept him out of the office all day. (Certainly puts a small annoyance like varicose veins into perspective, doesn't it?) They tried to reschedule me for February 10, but I whined a lot. I mean geesh, that's a MONTH from now. So I got them to squeeze me in next Thursday at 1:15. That's going to be a tight fit with my 4:00 choir if he's running late, but I dared not turn that one down. I want to get GOING on this already.

I've got a date with the recliner and the tv I'm about to be late for--see you fabulous dames tomorrow.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #1301
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I like the sound of that date! Have a nice relaxing evening, Jess!
Old 01-14-2012, 08:43 AM   #1302
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, ladies Down .6 today, but still four pounds out from where I was before my trip to Seattle. I was spoiled by the fast losses of hcg, and this low carbing feels painfully slow. But I'll stay after it.

I'm getting ready to leave for the music reading/workshop, and I recall that last year the church was bitterly cold, so I'm layering my clothes and bringing a tote bag with a lap blanket!
Old 01-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #1303
Big Yapper!

If you are above your window, do a CD. That will speed things back up! Have fun today, Jess. Hope it's toasty in there this time.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:15 AM   #1304
Blabbermouth!!!

I am absolutely disgusted this morning--up two full pounds from yesterday's weight, for absolutely no reason. It's such a deja vu feeling--just like my nearly two years of Atkins-ing with no results before I found hcg. I know it can't be fat, has to be water, blah blah blah. It still feels awful.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #1305
Big Yapper!

Oh, Jessica. I want to cry for you. I know how you must have felt when you saw that number today. I would seriously do an apple day. It's a CD for P2 but it would still work in P3. Get back into your window as soon as you can. Simeon says the longer you stay above it, the less effect the CD's have.

Big hugs and much love coming your way today. It's going to be okay. This is not going to be like the first P3. I promise!!!
Old 01-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #1306
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, buck up, Jess! Low carbing is not for the weak or faint of heart. You need the constitution of an ox to be a daily weigher. You know it fluctuates, even when doing nothing wrong. You are only doing something wrong if it lasts more than TWO WEEKS. You probably just ate something salty or didn't drink enough water to trigger the water exodus. You know you are fine. Two pounds is like the weight of a few glasses of water, or a really big BM. LOL-- it's nothing!! Keep going and see what happens. I was just stuck at 248 for nearly a week, even went up to 249.ish one of those days, but this morning I'm 246.4... and I changed nothing. YOU ARE FINE!

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals
Old 01-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #1307
Big Yapper!

Ooooh. Them's fightin' words.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #1308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 01-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #1309
Major LCF Poster!

I'm with Cheryl on this one. I wouldn't Apple it....but I'd correct and get this of it asap so I didn't risk a higher reset weight than my LDW. Set that thing and I'm pretty much living proof you can get away with murder (enjoy life) and remain at your fighting weight
Old 01-17-2012, 07:56 AM   #1310
Major LCF Poster!

I know you're a busy gal, Miss Jess, but I'm missing ya!
Old 01-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #1311
Big Yapper!

VQ, we miss you! Come back and tell us how you are doing. Don't despair. We are here! (Forgive my feeble attempts at poetry.)
Old 01-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #1312
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Jessica, where did you go? Thinking about you.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #1313
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey guys--got a note from Deb, so I figured I'd better come in and let you know I didn't slash my wrists or anything, haha.

Hallie (and Maurice, my grandcat) came and spent the three day weekend with me and we were out gadding about. And when we were home, she was on the computer! Gosh, it was just like when she was in high school all over again...

I'm ok. One of those two pounds is still with me, but one was gone when I weighed yesterday. I'm doing a yogurt day today, but contemplating more severe correcting. We shall see.

Love you guys.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #1314
Major LCF Poster!

YAY! So good to hear from you and glad the pound is gone. Yogurt is a fine way to spend a day, I think. I actually ended up doing a mostly yogurt day a couple of days ago because my tummy was upset. Straightened it right out.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #1315
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon bit View Post
Jessica, where did you go? Thinking about you.
I LOVE your new Avi! Did you take the picture yourself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Hey guys--got a note from Deb, so I figured I'd better come in and let you know I didn't slash my wrists or anything, haha.

Hallie (and Maurice, my grandcat) came and spent the three day weekend with me and we were out gadding about. And when we were home, she was on the computer! Gosh, it was just like when she was in high school all over again...

I'm ok. One of those two pounds is still with me, but one was gone when I weighed yesterday. I'm doing a yogurt day today, but contemplating more severe correcting. We shall see.

Love you guys.
Well, that's a better reason than drowning your sorrows in a bottle of tequila! But when you can't get to your computer, you can still use your smart phone to throw us a bone. We love you, man!

Quote:
YAY! So good to hear from you and glad the pound is gone. Yogurt is a fine way to spend a day, I think. I actually ended up doing a mostly yogurt day a couple of days ago because my tummy was upset. Straightened it right out.
I'm glad you feel better! Seems like you really know your body.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #1316
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning, world. The yogurt day only netted me a half pound loss. My body seems to have really, really locked in at this weight, and I see another hcg round in my future. I'll keep plugging away with some correction days and see if I can get back to my window, but if I can't, I won't hesitate to do another short round.

I haven't come all this way to compromise at the end.

I have another busy couple of days coming up. Today, I'm playing marathon bridge all afternoon (it doesn't mean playing for 24 hours or anything, haha--it means you keep a running score going all year and whoever has the most points after everyone in the group has played everyone else wins.)

After that, I have a meeting of the Orange County Cowboys board of officers. I'm the treasurer (ugh--NOT a good position for number-challenged me.) I'm going to prepare my first treasurer's report as soon as I finish this post. It shouldn't be too hard--we've had two deposits and written two checks. It won't be in Excel, though, because I don't know how to use it!

Tomorrow is off to Orange for a mammogram at 9:30, then back to Yorba Linda to set up my choir room for practice, then back to Orange to see the vein guy, then a quick run back to Yorba Linda to pick up some choir kids and hope to make it back to church by my 4:00 rehearsal! Sheesh! But as I mentioned, it was the only day the vein doc could see me before Feb. 10, so I'm just trying to work with it.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #1317
Major LCF Poster!

You'll get this worked out one way or another. No worries.

I'm envious of the weather where you are right now. I know I'm getting old because I used to love our terrible winter weather, but this year, I'm just taking it real personally I'm COLD. It makes me ache and takes SO much effort to make myself go out in it, even when I have to. What a wimp I've turned into!
Old 01-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #1318
Big Yapper!

Wow, Jessica. Better you than me! I hate schedules like that. Too stressful. Good luck at the bridge game (no idea how to play bridge) and be safe with all your hurrying back and forth between Yorba Linda and Orange.

I said it before and I'll say it again. AppleDayAppleDayAppleDay. Sounds like a plan on your busy running here, there and everywhere day. (So long as you have access to a potty often!)
Old 01-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #1319
Big Yapper!

Quote:
You'll get this worked out one way or another. No worries.

I'm envious of the weather where you are right now. I know I'm getting old because I used to love our terrible winter weather, but this year, I'm just taking it real personally I'm COLD. It makes me ache and takes SO much effort to make myself go out in it, even when I have to. What a wimp I've turned into!
I am, too. I would love to live in a climate like they have in SoCal. Not in this lifetime, though. I'm pretty much stuck here now, until my sister and her husband move to whatever state her son and daughter-in-law move to after they are married and start their family. I won't stay here if she leaves. She's my main reason for coming back! But that's too far down the road to worry about now.

Winter is really tough on joints. My hands are still very stiff and my left hip is a constant nag. Yesterday when I was working at the stable, it was the first time I had to stop what I was doing and take some Motrin. My back was aching bad.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #1320
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Yep, Cheryl. I did. Then played with effects on my phone. No one really takes pictures of me lol
Closed Thread