Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #1231
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Good morning, world, and thank you for the sweet Christmas greeting, Angela. I had an absolutely delightful holiday! We, like you, tend to give a HUGE number of presents and spend a ridiculous amount of money, but I do think that we humans have a deep need for a season of feasting and celebrating with our loved ones, and I guess I'm just mostly grateful to have the wherewithall to make it happen.

I ate for four days straight, instead of the two I intended to, and enjoyed the heck out of it. But I gained an unbelievable NINE pounds--2 + pounds per day. I expect it to come off pretty fast, and I'm going to do a quick round of hcg to make it happen. Dosed yesterday for a load day, and starting the VLCD today. No regrets, but relieved to be back on the straight and narrow.

Happy Wrapping-Paper-Disposal day everyone!

(And anyone who requires a confessional, come on in and unburden your soul--your holiday feasting secrets are safe with me!)

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal

Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2011, 10:54 AM   #1232
Blabbermouth!!!

Couple of holiday photos--Christmas Eve children's service with some of my choir kids, Christmas morning brunch (I'm the one in the eerie shaft of sunlight, haha):

Old 12-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #1233
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
Jess...that's H2O! you can't gain 2 pounds of anything but water in 4 days. Are you sure you want to do a round instead of just eating clean for a couple days and drinking a load of water?
Old 12-26-2011, 11:54 AM   #1234
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
Lovely pictures, Jess!
Old 12-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #1235
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatediva View Post
Jess...that's H2O! you can't gain 2 pounds of anything but water in 4 days. Are you sure you want to do a round instead of just eating clean for a couple days and drinking a load of water?
Well...2 pounds, I'd happily try to lose with clean eating. But I guess I'm scared that 9 pounds requires some BIG GUNS to get off!

I've been watching your FB updates, Debbie, and I know you had a lovely holiday with your precious kids! Was thinking of you!
Old 12-27-2011, 05:17 AM   #1236
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sasseaux
Stats: 220/150.2/135
WOE: R4 P2 somehat rogue - more protein
Start Date: R4 Hhcg: P2 4/13
Gratz Jessica on goal!!
Old 12-27-2011, 09:52 AM   #1237
Blabbermouth!!!

Sass--what a beautiful avatar pic! How nice to get to "see" you!

And as far as goal, yeah, I got there--and then promptly piled some pounds on over my holiday 4-day eating spree. It's coming back off, though. Down 3 of the nine this morning. Onward back to goal...
Old 12-27-2011, 10:04 AM   #1238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just water weight, we're sponges! A few more days and it will all be back where it should! Have a great day!
Old 12-27-2011, 10:20 AM   #1239
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Hi, Jessica! Lovely pictures! Thanks for sharing them with us. So glad you enjoyed the holidays. I'll bet your life is about to get a lot slower for a while. (Concerts and things over, I'm supposing.) I am going to start a new round on Jan 1 myself. If I do it as I just planned (while looking over the calendar), I'll be doing P2 all of January and then P3 and P4 all of February, followed by P2 for March. By April 1st, I should be at goal.

I'm assuming the losses will be slow and I'll need two more months because I really don't think I can handle eating meat everyday again. I'm going to see how far I can get with eating eggs for my protein source. That will slow me down but I will be able to stick with it much more easily.

Here's to getting it off and keeping it off! I have a clear window of opportunity now that the holidays are over and I'm going to take advantage of it! Plus, this first half of the year is always when I lose weight the easiest.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:56 AM   #1240
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi, Angela! So proud of you for SAILING majestically through the minefield of holiday eating! (Wow--talk about your mixed metaphors--I should win a prize! )

Cheryl, your plan sounds very well thought out and do-able. I will be right here to egg you on, girl. It's TIME for you to finish this thing!
Old 12-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #1241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gold Star! (there really should be a gold star smiley, don't you think??)
Old 12-27-2011, 04:18 PM   #1242
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Hi, Angela! So proud of you for SAILING majestically through the minefield of holiday eating! (Wow--talk about your mixed metaphors--I should win a prize! )

Cheryl, your plan sounds very well thought out and do-able. I will be right here to egg you on, girl. It's TIME for you to finish this thing!
Hehehe. Did you mean to make a play on my plan to use eggs this round, or was that Freudian?

Just got back from my first barn experience. It was raining the entire time. That's the most time I've spent outdoors in the rain since the LAST time I was involved with horses. I will be buying some appropriate clothing.

For right now, I'm too tired to talk about it but it went very well.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:19 PM   #1243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Jess, you look great! I'm two pounds over my window and feeling awful over it. I've come to hate food. But, I've got a new guy in my life.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:51 PM   #1244
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Hehehe. Did you mean to make a play on my plan to use eggs this round, or was that Freudian?

Ha! Totally accidental!

P.S. Heidi, tell us all about the new man! How exciting!

Last edited by verbqueen; 12-27-2011 at 06:52 PM..
Old 12-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #1245
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon bit View Post
Jess, you look great! I'm two pounds over my window and feeling awful over it. I've come to hate food. But, I've got a new guy in my life.
I want to hear about him, too! Sorry for the scale-bump but it won't be permanent. Hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Ha! Totally accidental!

P.S. Heidi, tell us all about the new man! How exciting!
Too funny.

How are you doing today?
Old 12-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #1246
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello! I had to take my iMac in for repairs yesterday--CD drive crapped out. Amazingly, they had it done this morning, so I have it back, but I had no computer until this afternoon, hence my late check-in.

I just got back from LAX, sent the boys back to Seattle. House is dirty and quiet. And full of leftover junk food. Which I am completely ignoring.

I had another good weigh-in today--down another 2 and a half pounds, so just four to go to get back to my LDW, and 2 to be back in my window from P3.

I'm going to go to bed early tonight and sleep like the dead. I've had TOO MUCH FUN for the last week or two, and I'm ready for a nice lazy few days!

I'm going to Seattle next week, on Thursday, to see the boys, so I hope I'm well back to normal with my weight by then and can just P3 it. (I know I'm not doing this quite to protocol, but it works for me.)

Have a good evening, friends!
Old 12-28-2011, 06:26 PM   #1247
Blabbermouth!!!

P.S. In all the busy-ness of Christmas Eve and Christmas, I didn't get a chance to post about it, but I went in Friday for an ultrasound of my varicose veins. I will see the vein doctor on Jan. 13th for a follow-up and to plot a course of action for me. Must say--the tech seemed rather amazed at the vast amount of v. veins I have!

Also, I made my mammogram appointment today--will be having it on the exact 1 year anniversary of my last one. And if you (and that means anybody who wanders by here)haven't done it, DO IT TODAY. It could save your life.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:58 PM   #1248
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Nicest man in the world. Lost his first child. Oldest living child is 16. Autism. Sweetest boy in the world. 13 year old girl and 2.5 year old girl (in Ellies class). My ex stalks me on here, so that's all the info I'm giving. Just incredibly sweet. Generous. Genuinely nice man. Christian. Patient. Fruits of the spirit are written all over this guy. I ramble.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #1249
Blabbermouth!!!

Joy! (And no worries--that's plenty of info. I didn't need his SS number or anything! )
Old 12-29-2011, 09:30 AM   #1250
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, world. Another 1.2 off this morning, so that leaves me at 158 even, 2.8 above my LDW of 155.2, but only .8 above where I was (top of window) when I began my Christmas feasting spree. Feeling MUCH better about life, now. Because I DID it--I got through Christmas and enjoyed some traditional holiday foods, but did NOT start a binge that ultimately led to a massive regain. I don't know how many times I've done this in the past--but it's too many to count.

My next challenge will be to re-enter the world of exercise, but I won't do that until I'm solidly back to or BELOW goal weight. Silly? Maybe, but I always put on 2-5 pounds of water weight when I'm lifting weights, and I don't want to see that on the scale, for emotional reasons, until I'm sure I'm back where I want to be, ya know?

Another thing on my list of projects is to get started on another round of CLA/GLA to try to redistribute some of my remaining fat. I'll start a 3 week round of it when I get through with this round of hcg. In fact, I just need to get serious and organized about supplements in general. I've been out of D3 since just before Christmas, but no time to get another bottle. I consider my D3 routine to be my personal "magic bullet" against colds and flu, which I haven't had in FOREVER. Everyone in this house had a cold over Christmas except me. So I gotta get going on that again TODAY!

Also almost out of my Vox B12 drops, the ones that came with my pellets. Gonna see if I can order some of those online. They're kind of like a wonder drug--instant surge of energy on the days I remember to take them!

So that's on my plate today. What's on yours?

Last edited by verbqueen; 12-29-2011 at 09:31 AM..
Old 12-29-2011, 09:42 AM   #1251
Big Yapper!

You're doing GREAT, Jess! Very proud of you. No clue what GLA/CLA is. I'm surprised you got B-12 drops with your pellets. I didn't get any of those. I could use "a surge of energy" every now and then.

Have a fantabulous day!
Old 12-29-2011, 03:40 PM   #1252
Blabbermouth!!!

I just ushered my last guest, my "adopted son," Adam, out the door, and then had a VERY satisfying and cathartic "purging of the junk food." I put a few of the best cookies and candies in a tin for Dave to enjoy next time he's home and put that in the freezer in my garage. Everything else got execution by lethal garbage disposal! Felt GOOD. My kitchen is once again my own!
Old 12-29-2011, 03:53 PM   #1253
Big Yapper!

You go, girl!
Old 12-29-2011, 05:15 PM   #1254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 12-30-2011, 10:03 AM   #1255
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, oh Low Carb Friends, wherever you may be.

I weighed in with only a .2 loss today, which brings me to 157.8. It's ok--it means that my losses of the last few days are "real"--no bounce-back, and that's a good thing. And I always have a slowdown on about the fifth day of P2. So it's all good.

I have been VERY hungry this round--I guess I'm paying the piper for adding sugar back into my world. Always take a while to get over the effects of that. I think I'm going to make the rest of this round as low carb as possible--skip the fruit and breadstick items and focus on meat and salad. It's more satiating that way.

I'm proud to report that I "un-Christmased" the house yesterday and today--I have it about 80% tkaen down and put up. Usually I like to leave things festive until at least New Years, or even Epiphany but with my trip to Seattle looming next week, and my cleaning lady coming Monday, I just want to get things decluttered a little faster this year.

I've been thinking hard about New Year's resolutions this morning--gonna post those later on.

Happy Friday, everyone!

P.S. About to summon my courage and update my stats this morning--now that they're not quite so horrifying!
Old 12-30-2011, 05:14 PM   #1256
Major LCF Poster!

oh Jesse!!! I went to the Soma store today. I bought two bras and they are WONDERFUL. I was not as disturbed by the 'bra lady' as I thought I would be. I got the front close style with the 'vanishing back' in black and nude, and I'm thrilled. I will wear them a few days and probably go get some more...wow did I need new ones! I was right about the size so I think I can probably do ok ordering from the website also, though the store is in my favorite shopping area. Amy and I went out for tapas and shopped...fun mom/daughter day.

David started loading today...he's gonna do this thing. I'm excited for him.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

I CAN HAVE THAT LATER
Old 12-30-2011, 10:07 PM   #1257
Blabbermouth!!!

Tapas and lingerie shopping! Now that is MY kind of day! And speaking of Soma (and aren't their things WONDERFUL?!), I ordered a bra from them online yesterday. They're having a big sale. I got an Allura bra, one of my favorite "models," for only 19.99.

Hallie and I had mother/daughter shopping today, too. We went to IKEA and got a few things for her apartment, and then out for mediterranean food--chicken and veggie kabob for me, falafel plate for her.

Congrats on the new bras. You will LOVE them--their quality is superb.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:17 PM   #1258
Major LCF Poster!

I can't thank you enough for the recommendation, really...nothing is happier than a comfortable and effective bra! I've needed to do the bra shopping for several months now and just couldn't bring myself to do it. Silly...but I really dreaded it. Now that it's done and I'm sure of the size, I've been looking over the website and I think I may order a few things tomorrow. Their bamboo fiber stuff is really wonderful...so soft.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:10 AM   #1259
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loop4yah
Hi Jessica! First I have to say thank you so much your blog it is so inspiring! I just started reading it and it's great! I do have a couple questions though...

What did you think about the Atkins diet? Hope I'm not getting too personal but did you lose a majority or any weight on it at all? I am thinking of starting with atkins, would you recommend it? And is there any pros and cons you can tell me about your experience?

Also, I think I read a post where you said you read something about how you don't want to "train" your body to be intolerant of carbs. But isn't this exactly what your doing on atkins? Especially if you have more weight to lose and your in the lower rungs for a long period of time.

I'm almost done I promise. I also saw you mention JUDDD I'm not familiar with this diet but how did you like it? Did you have more success with this diet than atkins?

Okay I think that's all I have.

I do want to say thank you for taking the time to post your experience with the hcg diet!
Old 12-31-2011, 10:37 AM   #1260
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi, there, loop! Happy New Year!

Here's my story. I lost from somewhere in the 220s down to around 177 several times, at least 3, over the last decade. Every time, I would slam to a halt at that weight. So yes, I have been able to lose plenty of weight on Atkins, and I LOVE the diet. It's delicious and satisfying and VERY effective. (It's by FAR the most effective the first time you do it, though, so if you decide to go with it, try to get all the way to goal the very first time.)

For some reason, though, my body wouldn't move past that approximately 40 pounds lost zone on Atkins. I have researched this quite a bit, and that was approximately 20% of my weight. Hitting a plateau after 20% is VERY common. I think for me, that 20% mark was doubly tricky because that area around 177-182ish was a longterm setpoint, a weight I've hovered around for many years of my adult life.

Many, many people are able to go all the way to goal quite quickly on Atkins (like I said, especially the first time.) I think my history of dieting and gaining and my personal setpoints interfered in my case.

If you've not done Atkins before, I strongly recommend that you try it. It is remarkably effective, and there's no hunger. (Cravings, early on--yes! But never hunger.)

If you decided to do it, I will be happy to "coach" you along. I also recommend that you go read Flabazon to Glamazon's journal, and Bejewelme's journal. They both know how to really ROCK the low carb dieting.

There are a few watchouts along the path--the so-called "carb flu" you feel the first few days, the crazy sugar and flour cravings you get in the early weeks, the so-called "PISS" (post-induction stall syndrome) where you come to a temporary halt around your third or fourth week. I can talk you right through these, though!

I think this post is getting too long, so I'll address your other questions in another post, in a little while!

Good luck to you, and thanks for reading my journal!
Closed Thread