Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #1171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
wiggawhu?? Sounds like some company has a deal with insurance companies.

Have a wonderful evening singing your heart out!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2011, 06:16 PM   #1172
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Jess, you're doing so great! I wish I had your will-power! I'm maintaining my weight, which is great...but I'm gaining momento. Gearing up to lose again. Hard to do during cookie baking time. I just realized I haven't said anything to you lately, but I check in to read your journal every day.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:17 PM   #1173
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
I am back from my travels, and quite pooped! I got my support stockings today. Would you believe those little suckers cost $100+???? I was horrified!

I also returned the leather duffel bag I had bought Dave--turns out it wasn't the one he had seen and wanted. I got the right one this time. I bought my mom two beautiful outfits to send her for Christmas--very excited about that. My only shopping failure was that Hallie asked for a Hello Kitty toaster (I know--bizarre) from Target for Christmas, and they didn't have any at my local Target.

And last, but not least--I bought a Genie Bra--haha! I haven't tried it on yet, but soon I will be able to report which is best, the Genie Bra or the Ah Bra!

I'm about to eat a bowl of P2 chili and then head back to church for yet another rehearsal. Have a great evening!
Wow! I hope the insurance covered those support stockings. I laughed when I read that about "Hello Kitty toaster." Not sure what that is, but it just sounds hysterical. Gad Dave is getting the duffel bag he wanted. Let us know what you think of the two bras! I will definitely spend some money on a few of those once I know which you like better.

Hope your rehearsal is going well! Not sure if it's still going on or if it's over. (It's 10:15 pm here.) Anyway, have a wonderful evening and I'll see you tomorrow. May we all have great scale days tomorrow!
Old 12-07-2011, 08:26 AM   #1174
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Good morning, Low Carb Friends. I woke up earlier than I meant to today, at 7:00 straight up, but I thought "heck, I'm so busy this week; rather than fight it, I should just get on up." So I did, and I got some household chores done and have time to sit down and enjoy LCF for a few minutes before I'm on my way.

I have a board meeting for my women's club this morning. The same woman always hosts the Christmas one, and goes to this fabulous local bakery and buys every imaginable variety of pastries, cookies, bars, etc. for our "coffee hour." Plus, she always makes everyone a goodie bag of candies to take home. I was thinking about this yesterday--how as far back as I can remember, I've been going to these December meetings at her house and have NEVER touched so much as a crumb. I've always thought "next year, I'll be thin and I can sample, but this year, gotta stay on low carb." But as those of you who know me well know, the next year would come and I'd still be the SAME FREAKING WEIGHT!

Well THIS YEAR, I am thin! This year, I finally arrived, thanks to hcg, and will I be even TOUCHING a nibble of pastry? HECK NO!

I've been realizing that although this is the thinnest Christmas season since I was in college, I'm not really savoring it like I should because I don't quite know how to dress my new self. Know what I mean? I had certain looks that I knew were flattering (see my avatar--well-chosen, flattering jeans, long blazers, pretty scarves, etc) and I went with those. I don't need so much "camouflage" this year, but I don't really know another way to dress. I need to take some time and play with what I've got in my closet and see what flatters the NEW me! I think I need to go with more form-fitting styles, but that can be tricky at 54. I want to be age appropriate and in good taste.

Weight stayed the same today--157.4. It's cool--it shows me that it's not a temporary "bounce-down," but real weight loss. I now OWN the 150s, and I do not plan to revisit the 160s, if I can help it!

After my meeting, I'm going to meet Hallie at Disneyland for our annual mother/daughter holiday "ogle the decorations and listen to the music" outing, so I won't be back until tonight.

Have a great day, friends!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal

Last edited by verbqueen; 12-07-2011 at 08:30 AM..
Old 12-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #1175
Big Yapper!

What a wonderful predicament to be in! Not knowing what to wear or how to dress your skinny self. I hear ya, though. I think in our minds we're still much younger and someone needs to give us hints as to what really works and what doesn't. I know you're really busy now but when things calm down, why don't you put on a few outfits and take pics (several angles of each) and post them so we can all vote! After the voting, you can remove them if you want to.

Enjoy your mother/daughter day! As for the get-together for Christmas each year for the ladies (the one that's coming up), what will you tell people when they gawk and ask how you lost the weight? Will you tell all or will you just take an easier road out? I sometimes wish I was less open when people ask me how I'm losing weight. It's a big, long, in depth story if I tell them HCG. Some don't even understand Atkins (come to think of it, unless someone has done Atkins, NOBODY understands Atkins.) So it's a private seminar for each time someone asks.

Wooohoooo on "owning the 50's"!!!
Old 12-07-2011, 05:44 PM   #1176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aw, hope you have a wonderful time! I am so happy for you!
Old 12-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #1177
Blabbermouth!!!

Back, but still waiting for my feet to thaw. We've been having some chilly nights--even into the 30s in some parts of So Cal. I wore my compression stockings, and they were very uncomfortable and made a huge dent in my thighs that showed through my jeans. So the doc was right--they are not going to be an acceptable way to manage my varicose veins. The veins felt pretty good, but every time I sat down, the stockings bunched up very tightly on the backs of my knees and cut off my circulation (felt like very tight rubber bands around my knees). When I took them off, I saw that it left deep red creases in the backs of my knees. Not good. So the doc was right.

Cheryl, I will try your photo idea when I get some time! As for when people ask me how I've lost the weight, I usually just say "I cut WAY back on calories." Which is true--just not the whole truth. I just don't want to have to go into a long explanation. If it's a very good friend, or someone open minded who is truly seeking a way to get a handle on their weight, I might go into the details.

Nighty night!
Old 12-07-2011, 09:22 PM   #1178
Blabbermouth!!!

P.S. It was rough going eating both lunch and dinner at Disneyland today. I am bracing for a sodium gain tomorrow. We shall see. Off to guzzle some water and try to flush it out.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:19 AM   #1179
Blabbermouth!!!

The good news--no gain this morning, down .2. The bad news--my body seems to have fallen in love with 157. But I shall persevere.

Today, in fact in a few short moments after I finish reading up on LCF, I am going to wrap presents and put up my small family room tree. It's my last moment of free time until Monday--bridge all day tomorrow, pick Dave up tomorrow night, promised him to Christmas shop with him Saturday, concert (last one) Saturday night, church and a Christmas party on Sunday. But then, my obligations are pretty much over and I can just veg, listen to Christmas music and enjoy the season!

Also--gotta squeeze a little laundry time in this morning. Call me crazy, but I enjoy doing laundry. It seems like it's the only FINITE home job out there. Once they're washed and folded, you can actually say I AM DONE! Everything else is always a work in progress, it seems...

Eating must be spot-on Simeon's Protocol today, with full supplements and TONS of water. Gotta bust on through 157, dangit.

Last edited by verbqueen; 12-08-2011 at 09:21 AM..
Old 12-08-2011, 09:31 AM   #1180
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rice paddie
Stats: 259/200/155
WOE: a little of this plan, a little of that plan...
Start Date: 6/4/11
Wow - you are an incredibly busy lady! I don't know you're not completely exhausted by the end of each day....shoot - I'm exhausted just reading about your busy schedule!

Here's to hoping that you hit 157 within the next couple of days...
Old 12-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #1181
Blabbermouth!!!

Girl, I HAVE hit 157--and hit it so hard that I can't seem to get OFF of it!

Meanwhile, look how much weight you have lost! WOW! This plan is really working for you, and I'm so happy for you! Go you!
Old 12-08-2011, 09:36 AM   #1182
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon bit View Post
Jess, you're doing so great! I wish I had your will-power! I'm maintaining my weight, which is great...but I'm gaining momento. Gearing up to lose again. Hard to do during cookie baking time. I just realized I haven't said anything to you lately, but I check in to read your journal every day.
Love you, Heidi. And maintaining is good. To make this work in real life, we have to have times where we pause, gather our resources, then go on. I should know--I paused for a freaking YEAR AND A HALF before I was able to go on.

I'm thinking of you--I know holidays can be tough when you are grieving losses...
Old 12-08-2011, 10:04 AM   #1183
Big Yapper!

Quote:
The good news--no gain this morning, down .2. The bad news--my body seems to have fallen in love with 157. But I shall persevere.

Today, in fact in a few short moments after I finish reading up on LCF, I am going to wrap presents and put up my small family room tree. It's my last moment of free time until Monday--bridge all day tomorrow, pick Dave up tomorrow night, promised him to Christmas shop with him Saturday, concert (last one) Saturday night, church and a Christmas party on Sunday. But then, my obligations are pretty much over and I can just veg, listen to Christmas music and enjoy the season!

Also--gotta squeeze a little laundry time in this morning. Call me crazy, but I enjoy doing laundry. It seems like it's the only FINITE home job out there. Once they're washed and folded, you can actually say I AM DONE! Everything else is always a work in progress, it seems...

Eating must be spot-on Simeon's Protocol today, with full supplements and TONS of water. Gotta bust on through 157, dangit.
Down is down! All those "point somethings" add up. I hear ya, though. You'll get a whoosh and leave 57 behind in a day or two. Enjoy your tree trimming and your moment of relative inactivity! Busy season for you, my dear. Better you than me! We are not cut from the same cloth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice paddie View Post
Wow - you are an incredibly busy lady! I don't know you're not completely exhausted by the end of each day....shoot - I'm exhausted just reading about your busy schedule!

Here's to hoping that you hit 157 within the next couple of days...
I have to second what VQ just said. You have done an amazing job on hcg! You only started your first round in June? (I love your siggy, too. Love the way you present your journal. Very cute!)
Old 12-08-2011, 11:15 AM   #1184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rice paddie
Stats: 259/200/155
WOE: a little of this plan, a little of that plan...
Start Date: 6/4/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I have to second what VQ just said. You have done an amazing job on hcg! You only started your first round in June? (I love your siggy, too. Love the way you present your journal. Very cute!)
Gee thanks, Cheryl! Actually, I'm not doing hcg....just straight Atkins. I dabbled with the idea of doing hcg but in the end I figured I should just stay with the Atkins until I hit a wall and can't lose anymore and if I'm still not at my goal weight then I'll give the hcg a try. Thanks for the kind words and feel free to drop by and visit me on my journal if you'd like.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:35 AM   #1185
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice paddie View Post
Gee thanks, Cheryl! Actually, I'm not doing hcg....just straight Atkins. I dabbled with the idea of doing hcg but in the end I figured I should just stay with the Atkins until I hit a wall and can't lose anymore and if I'm still not at my goal weight then I'll give the hcg a try. Thanks for the kind words and feel free to drop by and visit me on my journal if you'd like.
Oops! I missed that part of your details. That's even MORE wonderful! So many stall out on Atkins after losing to a certain level. WTG! You're my hero! And if you get stuck, there's always hcg. (Well, maybe not always. They keep saying the FDA is going to force the sale (stopping, I mean) of Homeopathic hcg in stores and online, but I guess there would still be shots given by a doc.)

I might just come over to your journal and check you out. I've seen you around but have never gotten to know you. Perhaps it's time! Same goes for you! My journal is always open, as am I.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:27 AM   #1186
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning, world. Checking in before another really over-scheduled day.

I am stalled at 157, apparently--up .4 to 157.6. I'll try to have a better day, and maybe I'll get some movement tomorrow.

Off for Christmas bridge party at YL Country Club. Back later.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:08 AM   #1187
Big Yapper!

Sorry for the slight bump-up, Jessica. This too shall pass. Have a wonderful day.

Did you ever compare those two "as seen on tv" bras? I'm awaiting your review! I was in Walmart yesterday and saw the "ah bra" but when I took it out of the box, it didn't seem too durable. It was the large one and it looked too small to be large!
Old 12-09-2011, 06:28 PM   #1188
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, I love both of them. They're pretty much the same, only the Ah Bra is unpadded and the Genie bra is padded. They are all over stretchy stuff--that's how they work and why they look small. I have slept in the Genie bra every single night since I bought it. It just feels SO GOOD!

I tried to be very cautious with my eating today, but I think I'm just in one of those spells where I get stuck. It's happened every round. I'll just soldier on and see what happens, but I'm starting to feel really DONE with this round. I'm tired of the food, tired of the pellets, etc.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:55 PM   #1189
Big Yapper!

I hear ya. Now, about those bras again. Which one keeps your boobs from migrating to the center to form one big "uniboob"? That's the one I'll buy.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:19 AM   #1190
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, I'd say definitely go with the Genie bra for the cup separation thing. It's hard to describe these bras, but they are knitted in one piece, so there's no seam, no elastic edge to anything, no one place that's any tighter than any other. I think that's why they feel so good, and they make no back-fat spillover or dents anywhere.

In other news, I am up an entire pound from going completely off plan and splitting a plate of nachos with Dave last night. No regrets--we had fun, and since we only see each other twice a month, it was kind of nice NOT to bring my diet/body anxieties to the party, for once in my life.

I'll get it back off--I'm right back on plan.

Busy, busy weekend--may not get back in until Monday. Cheryl, have a good one, my dear friend!
Old 12-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #1191
Big Yapper!

Jessica, I'm glad you had a relaxed nacho moment with your hubby! We all need times when we just let our hair down. That lb is only water, as you already know.

I was back at Walmart again today and I saw the Genie bra on the same display with the Ah Bra. I would have bought the Genie ones but they only had one box and they were XS/S. No way would that fit. I really don't want a padded bra but I like how the bra is designed. No "uniboob" with that one! And I love that there were two in each box. I'll check back some other time and see if I can find ones in my size.

Hope you have a very good busy weekend! I'll be doing my first equine care workshop tomorrow between 3-5 pm. Wish me luck!! I should know when I can start volunteering after tomorrow. I hope all goes well.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:02 PM   #1192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have a great weekend, Jess! Just brush off the Nachos and get back to it. No biggee!
Old 12-12-2011, 09:50 AM   #1193
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, LCF buddies. It's true confession time--I overate 2 more times, at a party Saturday night and at another party Sunday night. I'm ;up 3 pounds and change, but I'm on top of it and figure I'll have it back off before the next weekend rolls around. Luckily--no more parties coming up!

On a more positive front, I have a new pic to share. This is the hub and me getting ready to leave for my last Christmas concert Saturday nite:

Old 12-12-2011, 09:57 AM   #1194
Blabbermouth!!!

P.S. It is raining, raining, raining in the OC today, and I hear the furnace cycling on and off. I have lit up every twinkling decoration in the house, and lit the fireplace, too. I have a little holiday project today--bought a very small artificial tree, and it's going to be my OSU tree! Every year people give me OSU ornaments, and this year I decided that I have enough to have a 100% OSU tree, haha. So in a few minutes, I'm going to fire up the holiday tunes and hum along while I get that all set up. I'll post a pic when I get it done!

Dave was a HUGE help this weekend--he finished up the last few shopping chores I had left and wrapped a bunch of gifts for me. (He won't do bows or ribbons, so my other job today will be to put the finishing touches on the stuff he wrapped.) Also, I'm going to ship my out-of-town relative box today, and that will be a huge weight off my mind. We have a big family, and my nieces and nephews don't really have any relatives except us (dads are both only-children, so no other aunts and uncles) and it's important to me to send all of them a little something at Christmas time.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:20 AM   #1195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You look simply smashing, Jess! What a great photo!
Old 12-12-2011, 10:26 AM   #1196
Big Yapper!

Jessica! I love that new pic! You look just perfect in that dress. I hope you frame that and keep it in your house somewhere special. Don't sweat the indulgences. It's the holidays and tis the season to make exceptions. I'm in the midst of a time like that myself. It will come back off! Savor this moment, you sexy momma!
Old 12-12-2011, 04:08 PM   #1197
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
Man Jess....with your hair and smokin bod, you could be Christmas Tree Barbie in that pic!
Old 12-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #1198
Blabbermouth!!!

Well thanks, guys! Aren't you sweet!

So I didn't quite accomplish all that I meant to today. I spent something like 45 minutes in line at the post office, and it made me mad. I had a flat rate priority box all packed, labeled and ready to go, and thought I could just use one of those self-serve machines to print out the required postage. But the P.O. I went to didn't have one of those machines, or any kind of machine at all. They told me that only a few large post offices have those. Pooh. From now on, I will only go to the main P.O. that has self serve. I also went to the UPS store to ship my big box. Between finishing up the wrapping, packing the boxes, taking H. to lunch and waiting in lines, it pretty much took up my entire day.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:58 PM   #1199
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatediva View Post
Man Jess....with your hair and smokin bod, you could be Christmas Tree Barbie in that pic!
So true! Doesn't she look amazing?

Quote:
Well thanks, guys! Aren't you sweet!

So I didn't quite accomplish all that I meant to today. I spent something like 45 minutes in line at the post office, and it made me mad. I had a flat rate priority box all packed, labeled and ready to go, and thought I could just use one of those self-serve machines to print out the required postage. But the P.O. I went to didn't have one of those machines, or any kind of machine at all. They told me that only a few large post offices have those. Pooh. From now on, I will only go to the main P.O. that has self serve. I also went to the UPS store to ship my big box. Between finishing up the wrapping, packing the boxes, taking H. to lunch and waiting in lines, it pretty much took up my entire day.
Oh, man! I thought you could put packages like that out with your regular mail at your home and they would get picked up. No? Too easy? What a waste of time! I hate holiday postal nonsense! So, is it over now or do you have more to ship? I hope it's done.

You really do look dreamy in your picture! Can you post a few more? We want more!
Old 12-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #1200
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello, world! Kinda late getting here today--apologies. I got my little tree put up! Did a little more gift-wrapping, too.

I was down 1.5 this morning, so halfway back to my pre-celebration weight. It is COLD here! My fingers and toes are like ice, probably because our SoCal houses are built of spit and cardboard...

Back later!
Closed Thread