Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 11:16 PM   #1141
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Hey friends. Doctor appointment was good--as I thought, just a consultation, but basically, he said that my veins are a medical problem, rather than just cosmetic, and that he has a good track record with helping insurance companies understand when varicose veins are a medical problem. He said that mine might require more than just radio frequency or laser therapy--there is one that he thinks might need to be physically removed from my leg, under anesthesia. Anyhoo--the first step in the process is to get a compression stocking and wear that for a few weeks, and also, have an ultrasound next week to see what's going on in there. (He said most v. veins are caused by a valve malfunction within the vein and an ultrasound will help reveal what's going on with that.) If the first medical step, the compression garment, "fails," that is--if I don't find it effective in relieving my pain, or practical and comfortable to live with (and he told me that I probably won't, haha), then next step will be some kind of treatment, either radio frequency or surgical, or some of both.

Meanwhile, I just sat and stared slack-jawed while he told me all this stuff, because he was GORGEOUS! Which, of course, is always a plus!

Night, ladies!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2011, 11:23 PM   #1142
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
ah...it's excellent that you went to see that gorgeous doc in your currently babe-licious state GOOD NEWS about your "medical condition"!!! Glad you will be able to get this done under your insurance!
Old 12-03-2011, 08:12 AM   #1143
Blabbermouth!!!

WOOHOO! 158.2, which is VFT! (*virgin fat territory) I love a VFT morning, don't you?!

I have a Christmas concert rehearsal all morning, and then a big party for BEDLAM (the OU/OSU football game) tonight. Gotta run.

Happy Saturday to all!
Old 12-03-2011, 08:37 AM   #1144
Major LCF Poster!

get it, girlfriend!
Old 12-03-2011, 09:19 AM   #1145
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Wow, all all counts! Nice drop, Jessica! And great news about the V. Vein deal. It sounds very promising that he'll get the procedures covered by your insurance.

I personally find it very unnerving to have a really attractive Dr. My doc is pleasantly appealing but it doesn't make me uncomfortable to be in the same room alone with him. A truly handsome man would make me uneasy. (He would take offense to that if he heard me say that!)

Enjoy the rehearsal and the game festivities tonight!

Deb, hope you are doing well!
Old 12-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #1146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
Since I'm a fat old married lady, I am at complete liberty to admire all the man scenery! I love handsome doctors, and handsome cops, and handsome firefighters, and handsome grocery store clerks, and handsome...

Congrats on the VWL!!
Old 12-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #1147
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, what with him being 34 and me being 54, I'm with Glammy--ogling freely with no remorse! There is a certain liberation in being over 50! I think men flirt with me even more nowadays (and I flirt back), because I'm safe--haha! Everyone knows we don't really mean it.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #1148
Big Yapper!

Maybe that's my problem. I mean everything I say and/or do. I'm missing that gene. But enjoy yourselves, ladies! Flirt and ogle away!
Old 12-03-2011, 09:22 PM   #1149
Major LCF Poster!

Well Miss Jess...your Sooners pretty much nuked those Cowboys

bet it was a fun evening for all y'all
Old 12-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #1150
Blabbermouth!!!

Reverse that and it's just right--my COWBOYS destroyed those Gooners (as we unaffectionately like to call them) and I had the time of my life. I had a cocktail (bloody mary, so not too unhealthy) and ate slightly off plan, so I was relieved to weigh in again at 158.2 this morning, very early.

My little guys sang at church today, beautifully, and my teens had a super dress rehearsal for our concert. I now have about 20 minutes to rest on my...er...laurels, then I have to go to my community choir's Christmas concert (how's that for some alliteration?) From there, I will go directly to my women's club's Christmas party. Then, when I get home, I will lay down and die of exhaustion. Sheesh, what a weekend!
Old 12-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #1151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! You are really LIVING!
Old 12-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #1152
Big Yapper!

Go, Jessie! Go!
Old 12-04-2011, 04:22 PM   #1153
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah...holy cow...can you even believe I typed that sentence? I will have to blame the culprit...nearly midnight and haven't come up for air at the sewing machines in days. But yeah...Orange beat Red LOL My brother-in-law is in Broken Arrow...we could hear the screams of agony from here!
Old 12-04-2011, 11:34 PM   #1154
Blabbermouth!!!

I did it--I lived through the day! I started feeling a little weak and spacey while standing on the risers for the concert, and of course, 5'10" me is on the back row, where I've spent my life, haha. Glad I didn't tumble over the back!

I realized later that I'd only taken in about 200 calories for the day, and that was probably not very smart--should have eaten some supper BEFORE the performance!

Nighty night!
Old 12-05-2011, 07:12 AM   #1155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Take better care of yourself, Jess! You are doing wonderful fun things out in the world and your need some food in your belly to get it all done! Maybe keep a Quest bar in your purse or something for when you are on the go and don't have time for real food?

Hope you have a wonderful day! Do you get to relax today? I hope so!
Old 12-05-2011, 08:56 AM   #1156
Big Yapper!

Glad you didn't slip off the back side, Jessica! It's easy to not eat enough with those pellets, isn't it? Especially when you are busy. Looking forward to hearing your new weight as of today and seeing what you plan to do next. When do you think you'll restart P3?

Glamazon, I've never heard of Quest Bars before. Next time I order from Netrition, I'll try a couple. They sound good!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:01 AM   #1157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

They are very worthwhile-- I am super picky and these are the ONLY frankenfood "nutrition" bars I will eat. Are they manna from heaven? Well, no, but they do the job, aren't filled with junk, and taste good. You can go directly to their website to order some free samples. Takes a long time to get them, but free is free! I'm glad Netrition is selling them now!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:23 AM   #1158
Blabbermouth!!!

Today's weight was 157.8. Further into VFT! I'm pleased because I didn't eat very "clean" over the weekend. Today will be MUCH better.

Cheryl, I think I'm going to go for 155-ish, just to see if I can and to give me some wiggle room for when I return to lifting weights in the new year. That always seems to put a couple of extra pounds on me, but the more I lose, the "looser" I get.

So with luck, maybe this is my last P2 week!

Angela, believe me, I'm not generally one to skip meals. In fact, I am one to sit and watch the clock chomping at the bit for the next meal, haha. Yesterday was just a freaky busy day, and I don't expect to see the likes of it again any time soon. I hope! It was fun, though--to me, Christmas is all about the music and I'm really overloading my world with music just now.

You don't know my whole, long story, but in a nutshell--my hubby was offered and REALLY wanted a job in Seattle (he is operations vice president of a company that makes a very familiar brand of beef jerky.) I just didn't want to move again--we've done 9 cross-country transfers through the years, and I'm just done with it. And while it was easy enough to "start over" with kids and carpools and PTA and such, it's tough for a middle-aged lady like me to find a new niche in a new place. So although he wasn't very happy with me about it, we agreed that we'd buy a condo there, keep our home here, and go back and forth between the two.

With my kids grown and gone, it gives me a lot of time, and I decided to use it to fulfill my life's dream of being a singing fool! I sing in all kinds of groups, as well as directing the children's and youth choirs at my church. I figure, why not seize this unexpected period of "me time" I've been handed and just fill it with music? (Better than filling it with food, which is my usual approach, haha. I do LOVE to cook, and eat.)

Today is a totally free--I have to go get my support stocking (believe or not, I go to a pharmacy for that), but other than that, I mainly need to organize all the clothes I spread all over kingdom come over the weekend, trying to find something small enough to wear! Every surface of my bedroom and bathroom is draped with rejected clothes!

Have a good day, friends.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #1159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like a wonderful life! I am so happy you can be a singing fool! Doesn't sound so foolish to me!
Old 12-05-2011, 02:45 PM   #1160
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
They are very worthwhile-- I am super picky and these are the ONLY frankenfood "nutrition" bars I will eat. Are they manna from heaven? Well, no, but they do the job, aren't filled with junk, and taste good. You can go directly to their website to order some free samples. Takes a long time to get them, but free is free! I'm glad Netrition is selling them now!
You talked me into them, but I went to their website and don't see a thing about free samples. I sure would like to try them. As you said, free is free! I'd love some convenient healthy alternatives to starving on-the-go.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #1161
Big Yapper!

That was a nice "refresher course" in VQ! I'm glad you are able to make the two-homes and flying back and forth work for you. I can certainly understand not wanting to leave your current location.

You are doing so well in this round, Jess! Do you ever think back to your Atkins days (years) and not being able to get below 177? Look at you now! You are charting new territory and I'm so proud of you and happy for you.

And filling your life with song? Discarded clothing all over the bedroom? What could be better? WTG, girlfriend!
Old 12-05-2011, 05:24 PM   #1162
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, I only think about it ALL THE TIME. Why did I wait so long to try something else? Of course, if not for you, I wouldn't have tried hcg at all! You truly changed my life, friend!
Old 12-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #1163
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Cheryl, I only think about it ALL THE TIME. Why did I wait so long to try something else? Of course, if not for you, I wouldn't have tried hcg at all! You truly changed my life, friend!
No one has ever spoken those words to me before. I don't feel worthy of them, but I'm so happy that you tried HCG. Heck! I'm happy that I tried HCG! I remember how I was feeling before I took the leap. I thought this hcg diet had to be the craziest, fad/crash diet ever. I was going to find out for myself! And boy did I.

Sometimes desperation is a good thing.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:24 PM   #1164
Blabbermouth!!!

I had heard about it, of course, but like you I figured it was some lame rip-off, like those drugstore diet pills. It took seeing it work for someone I know and respect to get me to try it! I'll never be able to thank you enough!
Old 12-05-2011, 08:37 PM   #1165
Blabbermouth!!!

A goofy thing I did today: was waiting in the checkout at Walmart, and next to the line I was in was one of those "As Seen On TV" racks, with all of those goofy infomercial items. Anyway, I saw that they had both Ah Bras and Genie Bras. Every time I channel surf past one of those infomercials, I stop and watch for a minute and think "gosh, I want one of those." But I don't want to order six, like you have to on the infomercial! So I bought an Ah Bra for 20 bucks, and I love it! I'd never wear it outside the house (well--maybe the gym) because it flattens me out so much I look like an A cup, but it feels SO GOOD! I'm going to sleep in it tonight, with some jammie pants!

I'd have bought a Genie Bra, too, but they only had XL. I took it out and looked at it, though. It has a little more to it than the Ah Bra--has some foam shaped cups. I'm still planning to pick up one of those if I see one in my size somewhere.

Signed,
Victim of Advertising
Old 12-06-2011, 07:25 AM   #1166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning, Jess! Not goofy, whatever works and feels good!
Old 12-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #1167
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, world. Down .4, to 157.4 this morning. Inching along, but moving, and I'm glad for that.

I have a staff meeting at church this morning, and I overslept, so I have to fly, but I'll be back later!
Old 12-06-2011, 11:14 AM   #1168
Major LCF Poster!

*chuckle*...Jess....did you EVER imagine, at the end of your R1 that you would be looking at 150-ANYTHING after dealing with your monster set point????? I'm just grinning from ear to ear, you skinny thing, you! (AND....that wasn't very long ago!)
Old 12-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #1169
Big Yapper!

I've been a victim of advertising, too. Same thing happened to me at CVS once. They have their "as seen on tv" rack near the candles and the pharmacy counter, so you can't help but see the stuff there. Once I bought a Buxton Purse (the kind you can cram everything but the kitchen sink into and it has a strap that crosses over your body.) I hate that thing. I've tried using it a few times but as soon as I put it on me, I just want to rip it back off.

I also bought things like those sand paper things that are supposed to keep you from having to shave! OMG. But now I'm going to see if I can find some Ah Bras!

Jessica, you are doing so great! I can hardly wait to see how your next P3 will go. I don't blame you one bit for wanting "wiggle room" this time. Very wise decision. HUGS!
Old 12-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #1170
Blabbermouth!!!

I am back from my travels, and quite pooped! I got my support stockings today. Would you believe those little suckers cost $100+???? I was horrified!

I also returned the leather duffel bag I had bought Dave--turns out it wasn't the one he had seen and wanted. I got the right one this time. I bought my mom two beautiful outfits to send her for Christmas--very excited about that. My only shopping failure was that Hallie asked for a Hello Kitty toaster (I know--bizarre) from Target for Christmas, and they didn't have any at my local Target.

And last, but not least--I bought a Genie Bra--haha! I haven't tried it on yet, but soon I will be able to report which is best, the Genie Bra or the Ah Bra!

I'm about to eat a bowl of P2 chili and then head back to church for yet another rehearsal. Have a great evening!
Closed Thread