Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #1111
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
You too, Jessica! Happy Thanksgiving to us all! Be safe and enjoy your family and friends.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2011, 08:46 PM   #1112
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Well, I'm an idiot.

I drove all the way to this VERY far away mall, whereupon I discovered that the Soma store closed up shop and is gone. I have fired off an unhappy email to Soma (I drove a half hour each way to get to their store. As many sales solicitation emails as I get from them, you'd think they could send one letting me know my local store has closed!)

Anyway, I went to the Victoria's Secret in the mall and had them measure me, and they were very nice and helpful--brought me a huge tray of all manner of bras in my size. I indeed had changed bra sizes--they measured me at 34D.

I ended up buying a plunging, padded, super-sexy model, but it was a really, really perfect fit. I tend to have this spill-over problem at the tops of my bras, and this model is perfectly smooth across the top (low as that is). I just hope it stays that way after multiple washings and wearings. It has "memory foam," haha. And here I thought that was just for mattresses...

I'm about to retire to my beloved bubble bath after spending the evening baking pies. Happy Thanksgiving Eve, and to all a good night.

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 11-23-2011, 09:02 PM   #1113
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
I need to do that bra shopping thing. I have really avoided it and it's getting dumb. Cups are okay, bands are big except on my antique bras from a couple of years ago. Apparently I hadn't bought any for a while then. Either that or the elastic has just degraded from being old. They just have no spring in their step anymore...and they have those little elastic 'hairs' sticking out of them. I don't want to go get measured.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:17 AM   #1114
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
I just got measured at a 36H. I've heard good things about Soma. I'm sorry it didn't work out that way, but im glad you found something!
Old 11-24-2011, 06:11 AM   #1115
Big Yapper!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! (I know you aren't eating your holiday meal until tomorrow, but Happy Thanksgiving all the same.)
Old 11-24-2011, 10:04 AM   #1116
Blabbermouth!!!

So I am an even bigger idiot than I already knew I was--I just did a search on their site, and there's now a Soma at the closest mall to me. Geesh. I will probably still go there and be fitted for a more "workmanlike" bra than these crazy padded plunge ones I bought yesterday.

Down to 159.4. I'm moving right along--.2 pounds at a time.

Happy Turkey Day to all!
Old 11-24-2011, 10:18 AM   #1117
Major LCF Poster!

I think I measure out as 34 DD according to the Soma website. I'm tempted to just order something and see how it fits. There is just something that creeps me out about the 'bra experts'
Old 11-24-2011, 03:03 PM   #1118
Blabbermouth!!!

Go for it, Deb. Their products are excellent. And happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
Old 11-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #1119
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, world. I'm about to put my turkey on for our family dinner this afternoon. I did not weigh today, because I ate a full, non-diet Thanksgiving dinner at our friends' house last night, and will eat another full, non-diet dinner today at my house.

Then, tomorrow, I shall weigh in, resume dosing and get my weight to a good place (somewhere in upper 150s) before I move onto P3!

Have a lovely holiday weekend!
Old 11-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #1120
Big Yapper!

You too, VQ! Enjoy your holiday and family!
Old 11-26-2011, 02:41 PM   #1121
Big Yapper!

Thinking of you and just wanted to say howdy! Hope you are having a lot of fun with your family this weekend.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:38 PM   #1122
Blabbermouth!!!

So the verdict from eating two full Thanksgiving dinners? Up 5 and a half pounds. That's pretty amazing. And not in a good way.

I resumed dosing and on-plan eating today. Messiah performance tomorrow! Wish me luck!
Old 11-28-2011, 10:22 AM   #1123
Blabbermouth!!!

Still pretty fat here, but working on it! Glad the weekend of excesses is over! (I just don't feel like updating my weight here until I get it a little lower, though!)

"He Shall Feed His Flock" went extremely well! I didn't tremble, wasn't terribly nervous, and there were app. 600 in the audience! So that's a big step for me!

Back to check in later. My boys are still here, and I'm off to spend some time with them!
Old 11-28-2011, 11:30 AM   #1124
Big Yapper!

Old 11-28-2011, 12:18 PM   #1125
Major LCF Poster!

Glad it went well, Jessica...did DD sing Come Unto Me? That would be rather a cool scenario (either that or me...we could do the LCF Messiah!!)
Old 11-28-2011, 09:45 PM   #1126
Blabbermouth!!!

Nope, Deb, it's like pulling teeth for me to get her to sing. She doesn't sing in this Master Chorale (or in any other organized group.) However, next year I'm going to audition for the Come Unto Me, myself. It's actually a better place for my voice, anyway!

But man, wouldn't it be fun to do the LCF Messiah! Ha!

Oh, and I read in today's paper that there were 750 at each performance!
Old 11-28-2011, 10:19 PM   #1127
Major LCF Poster!

that's terrific! I have never sung He Shall Feed His Flock. I like to do Come Unto Him with ornaments (since He Shall Feed His Flock is the same tune, Handel would have expected the singer to decorate Come Unto Him, so I do. I also add a pianissimo high B flat on the final "re-EST" before "unto (trill) your souls" My favorite Messiah aria is usually Rejoice Greatly O Daughter of Zion...except for the time that we used the Soprano key and I got to sing But Who May Abide the Day of His Coming. THAT was FUN

The sweetest thing happened to me tonight. There is a dear little man who is a fine french horn player with the symphony and conducts a local orchestra. That orchestra is playing Nutcracker this year and I'm the liaison between the ballet company and orchestra for things like tempi. I went to the orchestra rehearsal tonight with Meredith so she could hear how they're doing in her parts. The conductor had a manila envelope for me when I got there. It contained a song cycle he has written for soprano. He was so dear...I couldn't wait to get it home and sit down at the piano with it. It's precious...four Chinese poems set in classical contemporary fashion. The texts vary from wistful to very wry and witty and the music is lyrical. I think I'll record them for him. I was seriously touched that he thought of me.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

I CAN HAVE THAT LATER
Old 11-29-2011, 09:21 AM   #1128
Blabbermouth!!!

How absolutely lovely! I hope that when you record them, you will share with some of your internet friends, hint hint!

I added absolutely no ornaments to my "He Shall Feed," except "those that ah-ah-ah-ah-are with young" at the end. But the soprano decorated the heck out of "Come Unto Me." And we had a lovely young opera singer do "Rejoice" at our second show, and it was like listening to an angel. Music--it never loses its power to get me straight in the gut.

I have lost about half of my Thanksgiving gain. Soldiering on with pellets and P2 eating until I get to a good place, whereupon I will move onto P3.

I was pondering this morning about the fact that although it was somewhat enjoyable to eat freely, I feel so relieved and happy to be back to my "normal," controlled way of eating. So this shows what a slippery slope it is and will be to return to free-form eating after all this dieting. Scary stuff. Extremely limited choices make it so simple.

Later, friends!
Old 11-30-2011, 07:00 AM   #1129
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Yay on losing the TG weight girl!!! Very cool about your singing!!!!

You know, I too like having those limits on my eating. Having a strict plan.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:47 AM   #1130
Big Yapper!

I love that bowling ball ticker, Pooticus! It's hard to imagine carrying around that much weight, but I lost about the same amount so far, too. KUTGW!

VQ and you ladies, I hope you have a marvelous day. Looking forward to your scale results this morning, Jess.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:52 AM   #1131
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, my friends. 161.0 for today's weigh-in, so a mere pound and a half from the place I had settled last week, 159.5. If I'm able to get back there with relative ease, it will be greatly encouraging to me, proving to me that I'll be able to manage Christmas Eve and Christmas day and then get right back on track. In the meantime, I feel so content and "right" being back on P2. As Miss Pooti says, strict plan! Now, I know I can't stay on P2 forever, so I'm going to have to figure out how to manage maintaining, but hey--that's a worry for another day. As I am very fond of quoting to myself whenever my brain gets too wound up with projecting to tomorrow, "sufficient unto the day..."

On this day, my intent is to work a little more on my Christmas shopping. I need to get it done early--my December is always jam-packed with music and social events, and I stress if I don't get the shopping all finished well in advance of the crunch!

Have a lovely day, Pooti and Cheryl and anyone else who wanders by.

Last edited by verbqueen; 11-30-2011 at 09:53 AM..
Old 11-30-2011, 10:04 AM   #1132
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, and a P.S. to add:

My hands and arms are just now starting to look compeletely healed from my IPL, and I am VERY pleased with the results. Although you can see some faint hints of discoloration here and there, every brown spot is completely gone. It's kind of a miracle. I will go have one more round at some point to "seal the deal," so to speak. However, in my case, it was more than the "few days" they mentioned to recover from this--more like several weeks. That's ok, though--that was probably due to the amount of sun damage I had--and totally worth it!

Meanwhile, my daughter found me a Groupon for laser spider vein treatment. I have a few broken capillaries on either side of my nose--I'm betting from a lifetime of vigorous sneezing and nose-blowing from my allergy problems. So I'll be getting those taken care of soon.

And finally--my appointment with the varicose vein doctor is Friday! I'm really excited about that--those have been hurting and disfiguring me for many, many years!

I'm like a "fixer-upper" project, huh?
Old 11-30-2011, 10:35 AM   #1133
Big Yapper!

Yep! Our "Million dollar woman"! You are going to look smoking when all is said and done!
Old 12-01-2011, 10:00 AM   #1134
Blabbermouth!!!

Whoa--I fell to the second page--really moving DOWN in the journal world!

This morning I weighed in at 159.4--the exact weight I was BEFORE all the Thanksgiving gorging! So that's great news.

Now I'll just dose and diet for a bit longer to see if I can go just a few pounds lower. My goal is to find a weight where I can stabilize without all the terrible struggling I had last time.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:27 AM   #1135
Big Yapper!

That's fantastic!!! Jessica, I think you are going to do so much better this next (and final) P3. You're wiser now and I think you know your body better. I'm betting that you knock this out of the park.

Hey! When will you be posting a new, updated picture in your Avi?
Old 12-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #1136
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Hey! When will you be posting a new, updated picture in your Avi?
Oh, good idea! I'll have to get Hallie to take one of me!
Old 12-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #1137
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, LCF. I weighed in today to a whopping .2 pound loss. But I'm choosing to view it as a good thing--shows that I'm really back in the 150s, since I have been there for 2 days now.

I ate more than usual yesterday, closer to 800 calories than 500. Today I'll try to keep it right at 500--maybe I"ll get kind of a mini-JUDDD effect?

I'm excited because I see the varicose vein doctor today. I'm sure today will only be a consultation. I'm betting I have to have some kind of ultrasound or something on my legs first, and then whatever the procedure is, so it won't be a quick fix or anything, but I'm just thrilled to be at least getting started. These things have made my legs hurt and tire easily for years, as well as looking horrible--it's about danged time I did something about them. I'm just hoping and praying that this is paid for by my health insurance. I'd have to think twice about spending thousands out of pocket--especially right at Christmas time.

I will report later about what I find out!
Old 12-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #1138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
Hi Jessica! I'm marking my spot in your journal because I'm here to cheer you on!

Good luck at the doctor's!
Old 12-02-2011, 02:20 PM   #1139
Big Yapper!

Jessica, I really hope the Dr appointment goes well. And that the insurance covers it. I mean, if they cause you pain, why wouldn't they cover it? I know. Insurance companies make their own rules and have umpteen lawyers concocting their guidelines. Anyway, looking forward to your full report.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:25 PM   #1140
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Miss Jess, what did the Dr say?
Closed Thread