Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 07:53 AM   #1051
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Yeah P2!! Honestly I am looking forward to P2 again, I'm in P3 and enjoying my new food options but I just want to have some progress again! Looking forward to reading about yours

Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2011, 08:32 AM   #1052
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
I totally feel you on that, MissL. P2 is so structured--no agonizing decision making or second guessing yourself!

I awoke to a less than dazzling loss of only .8. On both of my first two rounds, the first day yielded a three pound loss. And I felt it coming, because I didn't have the same experience of really dumping a lot of fluid (constant trips to the loo) like I did on the first two rounds, either. Weird. I dunno if I like these Intermountain pellets. I don't "feel" them the way I felt the Vox ones. I have more Vox left, so I may switch to those.

Got an insanely busy day AGAIN today, and also tomorrow, so you may not see much of me here.

C'mon, losses--GET GOING!!

(P.S. It's 11/11/11--happy Nigel Tufnel Day to all Spinal Tap fans!)

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 11-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #1053
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I love my Vox pellets. Never tried anything else and I never will, most likely. I have more than enough to get me to goal and then some!

The party last night was great but I got home after midnight and then was awake for a few more hours. I don't know what time I actually fell asleep. I'm "awake" now but need coffee for sure.

Have an excellent day, ladies!
Old 11-11-2011, 03:07 PM   #1054
Big Yapper!

Hugs on the fly! Just thinking of you and wanted to send you a little love.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:40 PM   #1055
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, journal-land. Sorry I've had so little time to get in here the last day or two. What little free time I had last week, I ended up spending driving to Newport Beach to pick up my very sick Hallie (and my grandcat, Maurice), and then taking her back home when she felt better. One of the trips ended up being at rush hour, so took over two hours. Poor kid. She's much better today. I guess it was the flu, because it was a high fever, body aches and big swollen glands on her neck, but few other symptoms other than feeling horrible. But it only lasted four or five days. (I didn't seem to catch it from her. I very, very rarely get sick.)

Today is my fourth VLCD, so I've had 3 weigh-ins. The first day was disappointing, with only a .8 loss, but that was followed by 1.8 and then 1.6, so I'm satisfied with that. I slid back into the VLCDs like I never left them. There is a certain comfort in such a structured plan--very little decision-making involved. I hope that I can accomplish my losses--I'd like to go to 160, within a 2 week period so I don't have to figure out what to do about Thanksgiving. But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Happy Sunday!
Old 11-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #1056
Big Yapper!

VQ, you got this! I know you'll be comfortably in P3 for Turkey Day. Sorry for the sick daughter (and grandcat?) and all the traffic! Oh, how I hate traffic. And lines of any kind. And people who won't let you make a left turn into traffic.

I'm coming around with my cold this evening. I think it won't be quite so bad tomorrow! Pretty confidant that I'm over the hump but we'll see.

Have an awesome night. Any football games you are watching? Hope your team wins.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:22 PM   #1057
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, I hope tomorrow finds you feeling completely back to normal--or at least close!!

P.S. I only watch college ball--I have zero interest in the NFL.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:21 AM   #1058
Blabbermouth!!!

Whoohoooo! VFT for me today--162.8, which has to be a 20 year low for me! This gives me hope I can hit my goal before Thanksgiving!
Old 11-14-2011, 08:28 AM   #1059
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
awesome awesome awesome, Skinny one!
Old 11-14-2011, 09:51 AM   #1060
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Whoohoooo! VFT for me today--162.8, which has to be a 20 year low for me! This gives me hope I can hit my goal before Thanksgiving!
Can't say I'm surprised! WTG, VQ!
Old 11-14-2011, 10:00 AM   #1061
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Nice!!
Old 11-14-2011, 11:20 AM   #1062
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rice paddie
Stats: 259/200/155
WOE: a little of this plan, a little of that plan...
Start Date: 6/4/11
Hey lady - just wanted to pop in and say hi. I've been MIA from these boards for a while but I'm glad to see that things are still going well for you! You're definitely going to be my inspiration if I ever decide to take the leap and try hcg. Good luck with these last few pounds!
Old 11-14-2011, 11:51 AM   #1063
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Congrats on your success skinny mama!!!! You look marvelous sweetie and are such an inspiration!!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 04:37 PM   #1064
Blabbermouth!!!

Well look at YOU, Rice! Down nearly 40 pounds! You ROCK.

And Pooti, my love, always a pleasure to see you. Did you get those drains out yet? Glad to see you up and around (and back under 250, too. Yay you.)
Old 11-15-2011, 05:55 PM   #1065
Blabbermouth!!!

I was out all day today and no time for internet, so sorry for standing you up this morning, my invisible friends. I had an unimpressive weigh-in, down only .2 pounds. But maybe tomorrow will be better.

I had a bit of an adventure this afternoon! I'm copying and pasting what I put on the hcg board:

I had an interesting experience today. I went in to use a Groupon I had bought some time back for a photofacial IPL treatment. Although I SPECIFICALLY asked about this when I made the appointment and was told "no problem," when the nurse found out that I use RetinA (LOVE the stuff), she said she wouldn't recommend the laser treatment on my face--too likely to burn it badly with the sensitivity that RetinA gives your skin.

So she said "how about we do some other body part instead?" I was thrilled, because what I really wanted in the first place was IPL on my hands and forearms, but figured I'd do the Groupon thing and then try to bargain with them for a deal on the hand/arm thing.

So I did both hands and both arms up to the elbow. It smarted a bit--she said it would be like being snapped by rubber bands, and that was pretty accurate. But not at all unmanageable. BUT, on the way home, my hands and arms were really burning, like a bad sunburn only more intense. That has subsided now, so we'll see what's next. She said the brown spots, discolored areas, etc. will darken and then dry up and flake off over the next few days. They told me no heat on my arms tonight--so no hot shower or dishwashing (awwwww....) or anything like that. And that I will need to use strong sunscreen for at least a month, or the freckles and age spots will easily come back.

They also said some of the darkest spots might require a second treatment. (The nurse advised me to keep my eye on Groupon and not pay full price for it, because it's quite expensive.)

I'll update you how it goes--right now, my hands/arms look kind of brown and red and mottled and irritated.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:01 PM   #1066
Big Yapper!

Awesome! You're going to be looking 15 years younger than you already do. I wonder what that treatment costs. Going to have to look into it now.

KUTGW, Verb-meister! We're rooting for you. Sleep tight and stay away from those dishes!
Old 11-16-2011, 09:39 AM   #1067
Blabbermouth!!!

161.2 this morning! Amazing! It's almost easier to lose it than it is to stay in one place...

Looks like with any luck, I will make my goal of 160 easily by T-giving (although with this body, you never know. I don't ever assume anything...)

Hand/arm update: this morning, many of the freckles and age spots are dark brown or even black-ish looking, some raised up like blood blisters. It doesn't burn any more, but my skin is sensitive. It looks pretty awful--will definitely be wearing long sleeves to book club!
Old 11-16-2011, 09:51 AM   #1068
Big Yapper!

Wooohoooo! Are you looking or feeling too thin yet? What are you thinking about a good maintenance weight for life now? Definitely wear long sleeves and try not to wear something that will cause those little buggers to fall off prematurely. It might be like picking off a scab before it heals and you end up with a little reminder mark.

How exciting to watch your skin become younger right before your eyes!
Old 11-16-2011, 04:50 PM   #1069
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debbi
Stats: 297/157/137
WOE: low carb
Thanks so much for the instructions on the pictures - I think I know what to do now - will try this weekend.

Thank you!
Old 11-16-2011, 06:07 PM   #1070
Blabbermouth!!!

Age spot update--

It's bizarre. They're just starting to kind of rub off when I dry my hands and such. Crazy!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:49 PM   #1071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.8/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Woo Hoo Jess! WTG! I just hit VT today myself. I'm starting to wonder now if 120 is a possibility.

What are you doing for Thanksgiving? I was originally going to make the 21st LDW and be on P3 for Thanksgiving which would mean no potatoes, stuffing, gravy, rolls or green bean casserole. Don't much care about pie, was planning on SF whip cream. I'm starting to wonder if I'd be better off making Thanksgiving one of my P2 up days and being able to enjoy a little taste of this and that minus the butter. I'm not a big Thanksgiving Day eater anyway and I'm hosting, so there will be plenty to keep me busy. Then move on the P3 sometime during the next week (depending if I do gain anything) I'd have three full weeks before Christmas. Like you, I'm only doing this round to hopefully find an easier to maintain P3. I haven't decided yet, just thinking out loud.

I'm following and very interested in your laser treatment. Please continue to post about it!!

Anyway, just wanted to say congrads on your great success!
Old 11-16-2011, 10:56 PM   #1072
Blabbermouth!!!

Terri, I honestly don't have a clue what I'm going to do. I am in a real quandary about it. I guess it kinda depends on what goes on with me in the next few days.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:36 AM   #1073
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Gosh girl, you are shrinking away to nothin'!!! I'm so happy for your success!!! sweet friend!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:01 AM   #1074
Big Yapper!

WTG on the VT, Terri! Holidays really are a problem for us dieters. This will be our last year to have to worry about it!!! From now on, we'll just do up or down days around the holidays to compensate (or something of that nature in maintanence-land.) I don't know about you, but that just thrills the heck out of me!

VQ, looking forward to today's post! Hurry and tell us how you are!
Old 11-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #1075
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning! Weight came in at 160.8 today! Exciting!

Brown spots continue to rub and flake off--still plenty to go, though. I can see that it's going to take a while to for all the burned places to come off. But I'm pretty excited for how it's going to look when it's done! I can tell you right now that I want to have more IPL on some other areas of my body. How miraculous it is!
Old 11-17-2011, 09:31 AM   #1076
Blabbermouth!!!

My R3 Week 1 records, for future reference: R3: 11/9/11 (-.8)(-1.8)(-1.6)(-1.2)(-.2)(-1.4)(-.4)
Old 11-17-2011, 09:33 AM   #1077
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG Jess
Old 11-17-2011, 09:35 AM   #1078
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
WTG on the VT, Terri! Holidays really are a problem for us dieters. This will be our last year to have to worry about it!!! From now on, we'll just do up or down days around the holidays to compensate (or something of that nature in maintanence-land.) I don't know about you, but that just thrills the heck out of me!
I'm hearing you Girl! I'm ready to just start living!
Old 11-17-2011, 12:12 PM   #1079
Big Yapper!

That's insane, Jessica! You must have had more abnormal fat to lose if you are still losing at those rates. How do you feel???

Very cool about the age spots coming off. I know nothing about it but I'm going to look into it.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:51 PM   #1080
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, I clearly did! I can still see pockets of "abnormal" fat resting quite comfortably on my thighs and abdomen. The issue now is how much can I lose without having a stringy neck and no boobs...
Closed Thread