Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
At least there's steak! yum

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2011, 08:49 AM   #1022
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Back to 164.2 today, much more comfortable (although I could not see any difference in myself or the fit of my clothes two pounds heavier yesterday.) It's nice to have clothes that aren't so tight that 2 pounds makes a difference--haha. My rings were tight yesterday. Don't have any on today, but I'll bet they're back to normal since I lost the extra water overnight.

I've slept very badly all week, but last night was much better. Don't know if the Estroven is helping, or if it's just that I was REALLY TIRED after 3 or 4 nights of bad sleep.

Today is game day for my OSU Cowboys, and Hallie and I are going to a watch party late this afternoon. Before that, I'm driving to Long Beach to meet up with some of my LCF buddies from the hcg forum! I'm looking forward to that, and I'll report about it later or tomorrow!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 11-06-2011, 07:26 AM   #1023
Blabbermouth!!!

163.8 this morning.

Clearly, I need to drink 3 voduca and diet tonics EVERY day. (Kidding.)

I had a WONDERFUL time meeting my SoCal hcg friends yesterday--beautiful, articulate and funny ladies, every one of them. Will post some pix later.

Happy Sunday, if there's anyone left out there reading my journal!

Last edited by verbqueen; 11-06-2011 at 07:30 AM..
Old 11-06-2011, 10:20 AM   #1024
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I'm still here! Nice pic! I can recognize Shelby but not sure who the rest of the girls are. So cool that you could have a meet-up! I'd love to hear all about it. More pics coming? Hope so!
Old 11-06-2011, 12:00 PM   #1025
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
what a bunch o' babes we have in this place! So nice to see faces, and I can imagine you had a blast!
Old 11-06-2011, 04:40 PM   #1026
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Awww yay! Everyone looks great! Happy about your stats today, woman! Woot!
Old 11-07-2011, 09:18 AM   #1027
Blabbermouth!!!

Shot up a pound and a half overnight (not out of window, but at the top). As always, no clue why--actually ate very little yesterday because I was gone all day with music stuff. However, I think I'm going to give all the correction days a rest and try to just "eat clean" on these mysterious bump-ups and see how it goes for a while. Sooner or later, I have to figure out how to eat like a normal person, right?
Old 11-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #1028
Big Yapper!

Old 11-07-2011, 09:28 AM   #1029
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, in the photo it is Marion93, Shelby, Zbunny, me and Twirl, l to r.

Last edited by verbqueen; 11-07-2011 at 09:30 AM..
Old 11-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #1030
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Jessica. I don't think I know Marion or Twirl but Zbunny is someone I'm familiar with, and of course Shelby. You're all looking great! I'll bet it was a fun day.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:56 PM   #1031
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Great piccy!!! You all look so happy! And you are beautiful! Congrats on continuing with the balancing act. You are WINNING!!!
Old 11-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #1032
Blabbermouth!!!

Pooti!!! :jump joy:

You're HOME!!!

Old 11-08-2011, 08:34 AM   #1033
Blabbermouth!!!

Up a half pound this morning, out of window, to 165.8. Yesterday, in my efforts to just eat a plain, clean day, I ate 1300 calories, exactly balanced protein and fat, almost to the gram, and 31 grams of carbs. Who can gain weight on that? I don't know what is wrong.

I've got some thinking to do. I am seriously considering loading tomorrow and doing another round. Maybe if I go to 160, my body won't fight it so hard?
Old 11-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #1034
Major LCF Poster!

I just sent you an email. love ya
Old 11-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #1035
Blabbermouth!!!

One more post to add a few positive thoughts. As I surveyed myself in my birthday suit in the mirror this morning following weighing, I definitely saw a significant difference from the way I looked 3 and a half weeks ago when I finished R2P2. At that time, I had some sort of saggy, bumpy looking skin on my upper abs, which was NOT a place I'd ever been "loose" before, REALLY bumpy thighs, and as I've mentioned several times, loose, saggy-looking upper arms. All of that has normalized considerably in only slightly less than a month.

So for anyone who's panicked about losing fast, the body DOES get that weight redistributed. I was amazed when I took a really good look today. And that's why I don't really want to lose a significant amount--just wondering if 3 or 4 pounds would help me quit struggling to simply stay in place.

Hmmm...things to ponder, indeed.

Last edited by verbqueen; 11-08-2011 at 08:58 AM..
Old 11-08-2011, 09:24 AM   #1036
Major LCF Poster!

I'm doing some pondering today as well. I've been 'working' at not losing since I started P3 and moved into P4. I am stopping the work today. I am 2.5 under LDW this morning and I'm just going to let whatever happens happen. I havent had a CD yet in six weeks of P4. I have had oats, wheat, ice cream, cake, pizza etc...all the things I was so frightened of seem not to be the horrible villains I imagined them to be. I really think the only explanation for that is the HCG actually did what it was supposed to...and 'reset' my metabolism. Today I decided that it's possible my body is trying to get to a lower place on its own (weirdest concept I've ever considered, believe me!) I remember sitting at 132 for a very long time when I was younger. While that would make me pretty skinny (BMI of 20.7) I think I'm just going to 'go with the flow' and see what my bod's trying to do here. I am guessing that "set points" could work either way... (up or down) and that if my body really is "fixed" it would be as anxious to get to what it considered "safe" weight down as it would up? Whatever...I'm just sick of working at not losing.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

I CAN HAVE THAT LATER
Old 11-08-2011, 09:42 AM   #1037
Blabbermouth!!!

Deb, I hear you. Eating should not be work, whichever direction you're trying to get your body to go. I have not enjoyed this P3 at all--it's just been constant worry and anxiety, and I've eaten more steak and yogurt than anything else. Ugh.

In your case, I say go with it--see what your body wants to do!
Old 11-08-2011, 10:01 AM   #1038
Major LCF Poster!

yeah, this is dumb...at no other point in my life would I have had any angst about the scale going down. So...if it goes lower, I'm going to embrace that. I need to alter some stuff anyway, that I bought at the end of P2...it's funny how, even maintaining, I am so much less puffy than I was. Skin has pretty much caught up with the loss also. I need to find someone to take my Talbot's slacks to because I don't feel like taking them in myself (I have too much other sewing to do...yuck...can't motivate something mundane like taking in pants or sewing on a button!), but they are fallin off. I might call them...I bet they have a list of good alterations people.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #1039
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatediva View Post
yeah, this is dumb...at no other point in my life would I have had any angst about the scale going down. So...if it goes lower, I'm going to embrace that. I need to alter some stuff anyway, that I bought at the end of P2...it's funny how, even maintaining, I am so much less puffy than I was. Skin has pretty much caught up with the loss also. I need to find someone to take my Talbot's slacks to because I don't feel like taking them in myself (I have too much other sewing to do...yuck...can't motivate something mundane like taking in pants or sewing on a button!), but they are fallin off. I might call them...I bet they have a list of good alterations people.
I have an unworn pair of Coldwater Creek pants, tags still on, that I ordered online a couple of months ago. It was a new gray tweed fabric they had just come out with, and I wanted to make sure I had some for the fall/winter season.

They are at least two sizes too large now, and I'm going to take them in with me Thursday when I go to their big sale this week and see if they will help me send them back and get a smaller pair. (They had BETTER--I'm a good customer and have spent a fortune in that store!) I didn't save the packing info or return slip--never IMAGINED that I'd be wearing size ten pants, ever, in my lifetime!

These are those very simply constructed Holly pants--no waistband, no pockets, etc. and could be altered. But it would end up making them quite expensive if I paid to do that.

Last edited by verbqueen; 11-08-2011 at 10:42 AM..
Old 11-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #1040
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
One more post to add a few positive thoughts. As I surveyed myself in my birthday suit in the mirror this morning following weighing, I definitely saw a significant difference from the way I looked 3 and a half weeks ago when I finished R2P2. At that time, I had some sort of saggy, bumpy looking skin on my upper abs, which was NOT a place I'd ever been "loose" before, REALLY bumpy thighs, and as I've mentioned several times, loose, saggy-looking upper arms. All of that has normalized considerably in only slightly less than a month.

So for anyone who's panicked about losing fast, the body DOES get that weight redistributed. I was amazed when I took a really good look today. And that's why I don't really want to lose a significant amount--just wondering if 3 or 4 pounds would help me quit struggling to simply stay in place.

Hmmm...things to ponder, indeed.
That is very encouraging news, Jessica. I have wondered about that myself. I absolutely hate my arms and hope that I discover (one day) that they are toning up and slimming down. I'm sorry you are still struggling. I think going back to another short round is your best bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatediva View Post
I'm doing some pondering today as well. I've been 'working' at not losing since I started P3 and moved into P4. I am stopping the work today. I am 2.5 under LDW this morning and I'm just going to let whatever happens happen. I havent had a CD yet in six weeks of P4. I have had oats, wheat, ice cream, cake, pizza etc...all the things I was so frightened of seem not to be the horrible villains I imagined them to be. I really think the only explanation for that is the HCG actually did what it was supposed to...and 'reset' my metabolism. Today I decided that it's possible my body is trying to get to a lower place on its own (weirdest concept I've ever considered, believe me!) I remember sitting at 132 for a very long time when I was younger. While that would make me pretty skinny (BMI of 20.7) I think I'm just going to 'go with the flow' and see what my bod's trying to do here. I am guessing that "set points" could work either way... (up or down) and that if my body really is "fixed" it would be as anxious to get to what it considered "safe" weight down as it would up? Whatever...I'm just sick of working at not losing.
Makes a lot of sense, Deb. Can't wait to see where your body wants to go!
Old 11-08-2011, 10:40 AM   #1041
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
I have an unworn pair of Coldwater Creek pants, tags still on, that I ordered online a couple of months ago. It was a new gray tweed fabric they had just come out with, and I wanted to make sure I had some for the fall/winter season.

They are at least two sizes too large now, and I'm going to take them in with me Thursday when I go to their big sale this week and see if they will help me send them back and get a larger pair. (They had BETTER--I'm a good customer and have spent a fortune in that store!) I didn't save the packing info or return slip--never IMAGINED that I'd be wearing size ten pants, ever, in my lifetime!

These are those very simply constructed Holly pants--no waistband, no pockets, etc. and could be altered. But it would end up making them quite expensive if I paid to do that.
They'll do that for you, I'm sure. (And you meant "smaller pair".)
Old 11-08-2011, 10:43 AM   #1042
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you, Cheryl! I went back and fixed that. (It's hard to change a mind-set, isn't it?)
Old 11-08-2011, 10:49 AM   #1043
Big Yapper!

That's what I was thinking, too. Freudian slips. But you earned those smaller pants and I hope they comply with your request.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:18 AM   #1044
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sasseaux
Stats: 220/150.2/135
WOE: R4 P2 somehat rogue - more protein
Start Date: R4 Hhcg: P2 4/13
Verb, I'm reading as well. I was very encouraged by the toning up part of your story. I hope I follow suit (lol birthday suit). LOL
Old 11-09-2011, 09:14 AM   #1045
Blabbermouth!!!

So, I slept on it, and when I got up, I took some pellets. Loading today, starting VLCD tomorrow. (I have made the executive decision that for the very short round I intend to do, one day of loading should do. I don't want to have to lose a ton of extra weight before I get to the 3 or 4 pounds I really want to lose, ya know?)

I have a fundraising luncheon to attend today, and will stop and buy some VLC groceries on the way home. Cabbage, chicken breasts and ground sirloin, here I come...
Old 11-09-2011, 09:19 AM   #1046
Big Yapper!

You're going to do great! I think you'll be pleased with the results this time around. Here's hoping for a great P2 and an even better P3!
Old 11-09-2011, 02:26 PM   #1047
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/138.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Sounds like you're singing my song girl. My P3 was starting out so bad I called it an interruption and jumped back on P2 for two weeks. Best of luck to you!

I have suspected that the diving right in and pushing the calories is one of the reasons for my rocky P3s. May work for some, but not so much for me. I'm hoping by just eating to satisfaction and progressing more slowly will make my P3 more successful this time.

Your weight distribution comments are very encouraging. I believe I am seeing some difference as well.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:19 AM   #1048
Blabbermouth!!!

Checking in at 168.2 from my one-day load (pretty impressive for an overnight gain, no?)

Here I go with R3P2D1. Feeling good.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #1049
Big Yapper!

Good luck with getting to a permanent weight this time, Jess. You'll find your sweet spot!
Old 11-10-2011, 11:18 AM   #1050
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/138.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
With that kind of water gain expect a whooshie tomorrow.
Closed Thread