Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 08:51 AM   #991
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
this is excellent news, Jess. I know the reshaping thing is real...even weeks into P4. I wore that hot pink skin tight sweater dress to the Symphony yesterday. But it wasn't skin tight at all. It was almost...modest! It's weird...I am still hanging around slightly below LDW, but I'm much less "puffy" or something. Those Talbots pants I bought are going to have to be altered and I really need to buy some 5 jeans because the 7s are only good if they've just come out of the dryer. Once I've worn them for a while, they literally just fall off my butt.

I'm SO glad you're having better news the last couple of days!

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

I CAN HAVE THAT LATER

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2011, 08:55 AM   #992
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Yay Jess that's awesome!

Another thing to consider. Since you just started your weight program, my guess is that was the culprit of your weight fluctuation in P3 this time. After a workout you retain fluid due to muscle inflammation from the tearing...and likely, you replaced fat with muscle over these last 3 weeks!

WTG. Super happy for you hon! You deserve it after all your hard work and dedication!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 09:02 AM   #993
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Thanks for the encouragement, {{Terri and Deb and Pooti}}. Love you guys.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:52 PM   #994
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
See ya soon hon! Congrats again on all your efforts!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:49 AM   #995
Blabbermouth!!!

164.4 today! That is four days in a row in the 164s, without a correction day. I am cautiously optimistic. I think I might be stable! Maybe the fat/protein ratio had nothing to do with it, and it was just destined to take 18 days this time? Who knows...

Anyone who comes by today, I ask you to say a prayer for Pooti, who is having her cancer surgery today.

And now, I am off for my annual gyno visit. For once--not reluctant to step on the scale.

Laterz!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:56 AM   #996
Major LCF Poster!

awesome possom, Jess!
Old 11-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #997
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/139.8/130
WOE: HDE/FF
You got this girl!
Old 11-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #998
Blabbermouth!!!

Love to you, Deb! And Terri, look at your new avi, girl! Dazzling!!

Good doctor visit--BP was 120/70 (amazingly good for me, with my white coat syndrome), weight was 165, fully dressed. Upstairs and downstairs checks appeared completely normal.

She wrote me a referral for my varicose veins (you may remember that that was going to be my goal reward) and said my insurance would probably pay for it. She just had hers done by the doctor she's sending me to.

She told me to take Estroven for the hot flashes, that it has been very effective for her and for many patients. (I can't have HRT, because of my endometriosis and my family BC history.) She wrote me a scrip for some topical hormone cream, if I need it.

All in all, satisfactory visit

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 11-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #999
Blabbermouth!!!

P.S.

Q:
How do you know you're becoming an old lady?

A:
When you get all excited about a varicose vein appointment!
Old 11-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #1000
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
I so very love your humor!
Old 11-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #1001
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon bit View Post
I so very love your humor!
As I love yours, my friend.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:10 AM   #1002
Blabbermouth!!!

Well....back to the roller coaster. Up a whopping 1.2 pounds, to 165.6 today. That's. .2 out of window, so I debated about whether to do a correction day or just wait and see. But then I had the thought that I don't want to get lackadaisical about correcting. From what I can see from reading these boards, it's not too hard to wake up one day having gained back an entire round's losses if you don't keep up with the corrections. I want to make it a habit for the rest of my life to weigh EVERY SINGLE DAY and never let my weight get out of hand again. So yes, I'm going to do a correction day today. I decided on yogurt, since I have no social eating events scheduled. Figure the steak ones work better if I have to go to a restaurant with someone, so I'd better save that kind of correction for when I need it.

The Santa Anas woke me up early today. It's funny--a lot of people hate them and say they make them irritable, but for me, they make me feel kind of giddy and buzzed--like I drank too much coffee or took some no-doze! Some say that's the positive ions blowing in from the desert, but I think it's the light. The strong wind blows all the dust and clouds away, and it gets INTENSELY bright outside. I'm very, very tuned into light, and I think the brightness of a windy day does something funny to my brain!

Got a meeting this morning, so I'll see youse guys later!
Old 11-02-2011, 11:45 AM   #1003
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Well, enjoy the buzz, girl! Those winds can get intense. I hope no moron starts a fire for kicks.

Enjoy that steak day and make the most of it. I agree with you on keeping on top of the correction days. Otherwise, we do become complacent. One day we get on the scale and say: "How'd that happen?"

I had to laugh about that joke you made regarding getting old. (er) I can relate. No varicose veins but I am rather excited when I have a BM. So glad you will be able to get those taken care of! Sexy legs, here she comes!

Power's back up in my area for a day and a half so far. It's been a hairy ride and I'm thankful it's over. I just hope that it stays on. Some who had power now don't have it. Others who had it gone from the beginning are still without power today. I feel very blessed to be back "up and running again." I could never be Amish.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #1004
Blabbermouth!!!

I am SO relieved to see you posting, girlfriend. I was worried about you!
Old 11-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #1005
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
I have a question about your GY-CDs, how much do you eat? Do you just eat up to your BMR or until satisifed? I've wondered how that works..
Old 11-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #1006
Blabbermouth!!!

The person I learned about it from suggested 4 8 oz servings, Miss L, so that's what I try to do. (But often, after 3 servings, I just don't want any more...)

I've eaten three servings today, and I have to say that the thought of having any more yogurt does NOT sound good to me.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:20 AM   #1007
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
I am SO relieved to see you posting, girlfriend. I was worried about you!
I was only posting on my journal thread while the power was gone. I had to keep it down to a minimum for energy's sake. It's amazing how inefficient lighting is without power! I had a kerosene lantern which was my best light source, but was so tempted to fire up the propane camping lantern. I know the dangers of Carbon Monoxide so I didn't. But once the sun set, it was hard to see to do much on the blackberry.

It's over for me (I hope!) but hundreds of thousands are still without power and aren't expected to have it restored until at least Sunday! I had decided that if the power was still off on that third day, I was going to pack a bag and my dog and drive south until I got to the first town that was lit up and find a Motel 6. That's where I was going to stay until I got a call from a neighbor to tell me we were hooked up again.

I just couldn't take it anymore! I was reacting so badly to all the kerosine, candles, wood burning, etc. My allergies were off the charts! I can't even take more than benadryl because things like Clariten send my blood pressure through the roof.

Anyway, I'm glad it's over and hope it stays over.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #1008
Blabbermouth!!!

(Yep--I read your journal thread every day!)

Man, I am glad it's over, too. That was awful. My mom and Ian (my son, who was living with her at the time) were without power for over a week with that big Tulsa ice storm a few winters ago. And the temperatures were EXTREMELY low--down around zero for some of the time. They were so cold and miserable! And the power returned all around them, but they just didn't get to my mom's little neighborhood until the very last of the repairs.

Every morning, my son would go buy mom a huge cup of hot coffee at Barnes and Noble, and charge his laptop and their phones while he was there. They'd eat their meals out, to warm up. The water heater is natural gas, so they'd take a long hot shower right before they leaped into bed for the night. Ugh. They were so miserable (and bored!).

I am back to 164.4, so not a huge result from my yogurt day, but good enough to be back in window, at least. Still no clue what bounced me up.

I started taking the Estroven last night, so we'll see if it actually is of any help with the hot flashes. My doc swore it would help. (Mine are not too bad-- not so bad that I turn red or sweat or anything, but just am overcome with feeling warm for a few minutes.) They do disrupt my sleep cycle, though.

Sheesh, I am taking SO many supplements that I hate to add anything new, but I guess I should give this stuff a try.

Off to get ready for my choir day. Thanks for visiting my journal, Cheryl.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #1009
Big Yapper!

Best of luck with that Estroven! I hope it works wonders for you.

At least your mom and son had the hot water (any water is nice!) and the ability to drive to get some hot food and drinks. Here, there was no power anywhere close by so there was no place to go for hot anything! All the stores and restaurants were shut down. Gas stations and all.

I ventured further away from home today than I have since the storm happened. It's like a war zone out there! I drove past the little town green in my town and it looks like a tornado went through. Almost every tree there is shredded. This was the most devastating storm in our history. I'll bet when the final tally is done, it will be close to being one of the all-time worst.

There are so many tree limbs dangling on power lines that the power we currently have (no pun intended) could be gone in a blink. I should be filling water containers and getting better prepared than I was before, but I'm resting on my laurels and expecting that all will be fine. Actually, if it goes out again, I'm packing up to find a hotel in some town near the shore line.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #1010
Blabbermouth!!!

A first attempt at before and after shots:

Old 11-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #1011
Big Yapper!

Wow! Nice!!!!
Old 11-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #1012
Major LCF Poster!

You look incredible!
Old 11-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #1013
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks, y'all. It's not easy to post the fat pix.

Honestly, I cannot BELIEVE I didn't find and delete that "before" shot a long time ago. I also can't believe my husband actually TOOK it and then put it on iPhoto. Men--they have NO sensitivity at all!
Old 11-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #1014
Major LCF Poster!

Oh I should find people who took pics of me at the very biggest. People e-mail me pictures where I'm practically mooing and they think I want that? Yuck. Delete!
Old 11-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #1015
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Wooo!! Nice!
Old 11-03-2011, 05:25 PM   #1016
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon bit View Post
Oh I should find people who took pics of me at the very biggest. People e-mail me pictures where I'm practically mooing and they think I want that? Yuck. Delete!
Yes--had that experience. Makes you wonder exactly WHAT their motivation is for sending it, doesn't it? Hmmmm.....
Old 11-03-2011, 05:30 PM   #1017
Major LCF Poster!

Jess, you look SO great! I love the spangles on your top! and what a fine lookin' derriere you're sporting these days!
Old 11-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #1018
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/139.8/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Totally rockin' girl!!

The only good thing about the fat shots is to show how much you've achieved. Otherwise I'm all for delete.

My DH says we need to go all the places from our past and take new pictures and replace the fat pics. I'm okay with that!
Old 11-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #1019
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatediva View Post
Jess, you look SO great! I love the spangles on your top! and what a fine lookin' derriere you're sporting these days!
Ha--it's part of a sweater set, but the cardigan didn't do much for the After shot, so I took it off for the photo. (Even here, it's not really tank top weather any more, but I promise--there was another layer on top!)
Old 11-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #1020
Blabbermouth!!!

It's been a bumpy road here in the OC this morning--woke up too early and couldn't get back to sleep--hot flash. Pouring rain, and was completely soaked taking the trash out for pick-up day. Couldn't take a hot shower, because I'm still waiting for the plumber and have no water in the house. And the cherry on top--a 2 pound bounce-up from yesterday. I guess maybe the restaurant dinner I had with my boss last night had msg or piles of sodium or something.

So it's a rainy, unbathed, wait-for-the-plumber kind of steak day for me. And I still feel pretty chipper!

Later, ladies.
Closed Thread