Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2011, 07:02 PM   #931
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I used to LOVE Linda Sue's website. I look forward to making some of her stuff again someday soon. I made a pumpkin bake two holidays aga, when on Atkins. It was pretty good!

Snooze well, ladies. Ambien is kicking my butt fast tonight. Must fly.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #932
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dogsrule
Stats: 255/143.0/125
WOE: Atkins/IF/hCG
Start Date: January 2005
Thanks for the alternate steak day plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Also wanted to add, in the interest of informing anyone who wanders in here from the old interwebz trying to learn more about the hcg plan, that I did NOT follow the Simeon's steak day instructions. (I never have.)

Instead of waiting all day to eat something, I simply ate a small steak for all three meals, and added an apple at dinnertime. I'd have preferred a tomato, but I didn't have one, so an apple it was. I put a pat of butter on each of my steaks, too. I tracked on ******, and it still came to only around 1000 calories for the day, so it's definitely a calorie deficit, but also a carb deficit, that leads to the weight loss.
Ahhhh, I was wondering. I'm starting to think that part of my problem all along has been eating too late, but maybe that's just the hGC talking. I've noticed now that I'm in week three a definite decrease in hunger and I'm able to handle going to bed hungry, where before it would keep me awake and seriously feeling like I was starving!
Old 10-19-2011, 09:58 PM   #933
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Yep, Dana. I think you get used to being hungry, and it stops keeping you awake after you've been in P2 long enough. And there's some power in that, isn't there? Not being afraid of hunger...
Old 10-20-2011, 11:20 AM   #934
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning, world. (Still morning here, but quickly approaching noon!)

So I bumped up a little in weight overnight. I'd sure like to stay the same. I wonder if I'm eating too many calories for this lower weight? Anyway, still in window, but I'm not comfortable with the upward trending...
Old 10-20-2011, 11:32 AM   #935
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
how many calories have you been shooting for, Jess? I worked pretty hard during P3 to get mine up in the 2000-2100 range. Since hitting P4, I have done that less....I'm eating more "to satisfaction"....some days that is 1550, others 2200, most of the time somewhere in between. That seems to be working well. I'm *almost* starting to think my body has enough credibility that I can consider "listening to it" again.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #936
Blabbermouth!!!

I've been working to get to 2000 to 2100. But maybe I pushed it up too high, too fast? I dunno--I guess I shouldn't create a problem where one doesn't exist--I'm doing ok!

(But I do think varying calories is good for the body, so what you're doing innately is probably working very well for your metabolic rate!)
Old 10-20-2011, 03:21 PM   #937
Big Yapper!

i think it's good to keep your body guessing. kind of like juddd only not nearly as extreme on the down days. don't freak out!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:06 PM   #938
Major LCF Poster!

I just got weary of eating when I didn't really feel like it. I actually did that a lot in P2....and I was just kind of done with it. My tummy feels BAD right now so I don't think I'm managing much food tonight for dinner. I couldnt resist the jalapenos last night, so I will be fine, but yikes...not right now
Old 10-21-2011, 09:13 AM   #939
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning, friends and fiends. My weight held steady today, which is good--a step toward stable, I hope. I'm at the top of my window, but heck, I'm still in it.

I'm about to go to the Acura dealer, where Hallie and my grandcat, Maurice, will be waiting for me. We will leave her car there for the day for a service, drop Maurice here (where my two cats will spend the day hiding from him--they are terrified of a seven pound kitten?).

Then she and I will go to our local annual home tour, which raises funds for the Orange County children's hospital. It's one of our annual mother/daughter traditions and she always takes the day off to do it with me. It's funny, though--no matter how lovely your home, it looks like a shack when you get home from touring these huge, beautifully decorated affairs! So I'm already preparing myself...

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 10-21-2011, 09:35 AM   #940
Big Yapper!

Have a great time, Jessica! Traditions Rock. Kitten that weighs 7 lbs? Isn't that a teenager? I haven't had a cat in years so I forget how much they weigh until they are old and fat. As much as I love dogs, I think I'm going to try to switch to cats when it's time to get a replacement pet. But I hope my Cisco lives a long, healthy life with me. She's such a sweetie.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #941
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep, Cheryl--he is a teenager. I think he's about six months old. But he's younger and much smaller than my two wimps! One of them is out and about and kinda hanging around with him, but the other has gone into one of the kitchen cupboards to hide, and may spend the whole weekend there! She's utterly terrified!

The home tour was fun. One house had 19,000 square feet. Yes, I typed that correctly. 19,000. Interestingly, one other one was only 1600, and that was my favorite one. It was cozy and incredibly beautifully appointed, with beautiful little cubbyholes and nooks and crannies everywhere you turned. The small back yard was like the secret garden, stone pathways and benches and surprising little corners of beauty tucked here and there. It showed me that we can all create beauty for ourselves--you don't need a mansion, just the will to make your space reflect your spirit!

Hallie has left for Vegas and I am settling in for a weekend with the three cats. So far, we've worked on a jigsaw puzzle (I adore puzzles), dined on some White Castle cheeseburger pie and SF pumpkin pie, and surfed the internet for a bit. Well...ok, I did those things. They just watched.

See you folks in the morning!

Last edited by verbqueen; 10-21-2011 at 07:48 PM..
Old 10-21-2011, 10:55 PM   #942
Big Yapper!

Scaredy cat! LOL. I'm still awake and it's almost 2 am. Took a 30 mg Restoril and 50 mg of Benadryl and 10 mg of Melatonin. I'm about to take a 1/2 of Ambien or I'll be awake until the sun comes up. (Took all those pills between 10 and 11pm.)

I wish I could get into puzzles. I bought a few a while back because I loved the scenes, but haven't opened the boxes. You really sort of need a work space that can be dedicated to the puzzle. And if I went to all the trouble to complete one, I'd be the type to frame it and hang it on the wall.

See you in the morning, VQ. Those homes sound wonderful. I envisioned your fraidy cat hiding in all those "nooks and crannies."
Old 10-22-2011, 08:53 PM   #943
Blabbermouth!!!

Sorry I didn't get in here this morning. I was supposed to drive to Newport Beach to meet the OC alumni group for a watch party, but the game was at 9 a.m.! Sheesh--I'd have had to get up at 7:30 to make kick-off, and I'm just not in the mood for beer and football at nine in the morning! So I skipped it--shame on me--and happily watched the game at home in my nightgown with a cup of coffee. It was a nerve-wracking game and I had to jog nervously in place most of the game--haha. While I watched, I also made a pot of chili, because we had a chili cook-off/fall festival at church today and I wanted to support it.

My weight was back up .4 out of window again today--arrrghhhhh! When will it settle down? I only ate 1800 cals yesterday, and only 26 grams of carbs. I know I'm in ketosis--I've been having calf cramps like mad, my sure sign. (Not that I was trying to be in ketosis, just trying to be cautious about adding foods in since I'm not stable yet.) So going lower in cals didn't work any better than eating 2000+ did. I guess I just need more time?

(By the way, the calf was actually cramping during the day today, while I was walking around, which is very odd for me. I usually get them at night. I ended up sprinkling some lite salt in my hand and licking it, followed by a big glass of water, which got it to stop.)

Anyway, I did a steak day today, with one exception--I had chili at church. I had my own chili, since I knew what was in it, and since all it had was ground sirloin, canned tomatoes and seasonings, I figure it fit the steak day fine--I just didn't have the tomato or apple Dr. S says to eat with dinner--had that (in the chili) with lunch instead.

I have been doing a lot of weight lifting--dumbbell work on my arms and shoulders, plus squats, lunges and abs, trying to firm up my jiggliness. I've been a little sore. I'm wondering if that accounts for my little bump-ups?

Anyway, we'll see what results the steak day brings.

Night, all!
Old 10-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #944
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.2/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Quote:
Anyway, I did a steak day today, with one exception--I had chili at church. I had my own chili, since I knew what was in it, and since all it had was ground sirloin, canned tomatoes and seasonings, I figure it fit the steak day fine--I just didn't have the tomato or apple Dr. S says to eat with dinner--had that (in the chili) with lunch instead.

I have been doing a lot of weight lifting--dumbbell work on my arms and shoulders, plus squats, lunges and abs, trying to firm up my jiggliness. I've been a little sore. I'm wondering if that accounts for my little bump-ups?

Anyway, we'll see what results the steak day brings.

Night, all!
I think you're chili fits right in. Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow!

I'll bet your bump has more to do with your exercising, which totally happened to me. Sore means inflammation, inflammation means muscles rebuilding and rebuilding (which you want) means water retention and eventually just weighs more the fat it replaces. Here again that's good but hello bump. I stopped and the weight dropped within a day or two. I started back with a small 15 min lift/squat routine every other day after about a week or so and haven't seen the bump. I now (cautiously because I'm still in P2) started adding a 5 min Pilates Abs routine successfully. That's why I modified my goal from 125 down to 122. I totally want and need to exercise, far more then I am now, but I figure I'm going to have to accept a couple pound bump.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:07 AM   #945
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for that, Terri. It definitely gives me some perspective. I'm with you on the exercise thing--I really MUST do it. I am about as soft and mushy as I've ever been in my life, and I don't like it! I may back it off for a few days and then ease back in more gradually!
Old 10-23-2011, 07:42 AM   #946
Blabbermouth!!!

So, my steak (chili) day netted me a loss, but only one pound. So back in window, but still towards the top of it, at 164.8. Am I just going to have an endless series of alternating correction days and non-correction days? Accidental JUDDD?

Ah well--I'm not in a hurry, and if it takes me weeks and weeks to stabilize, so be it. I'll just stay after it.

I am going to make this sabbath a "day of rest," and skip the weights today, and see if that has an impact. If it does, it will at least confirm that I'm holding some muscle inflammation weight.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #947
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Hey girl! Congrats on goal. I'm so tickled for you!!!! And so happy to see how you face your challenges of stabilizing your weight!!!! You look fantastic!
Old 10-23-2011, 12:02 PM   #948
Big Yapper!

Jessica, are you eating pretty much as you would be if doing Atkins '72? We know how well you maintain on that diet! Maybe shift your mindset to Atkins and all weight loss and gain should cease.

You never counted calories on Atkins, did you? Try to relax and just stay away from sugar and starch and see if things normalize for you. I bet they will, once the stress is lessened.

Enjoy your Sabbath!
Old 10-24-2011, 08:48 AM   #949
Blabbermouth!!!

Arrrghhhhh! Right back up to 165.6, .2 out of my window. I honestly am at my wit's end, here. I just did a correction day on Saturday, and I'm just plain not willing to do another one today.

Just gonna ride today out and see how the weight looks tomorrow. I'm wondering if I'll just steadily gain a pound EVERY day, or is this my body wanting to settle at 165 instead of 163?

Anyway, I'll correct tomorrow if I have to, but I think I'll try a yogurt day instead of a steak day. Those steak days aren't getting me much of a loss...

(I did skip the exercise yesterday, and that did not seem to accomplish much for me. I'm torn about whether to skip it again today. I was just starting to see my biceps and triceps coming back...)
Old 10-24-2011, 12:32 PM   #950
Big Yapper!

Well, you could always try an apple day. I know those are P2 CD's but I don't think it would hurt and you already know how great those work. If you have a day where you are really on-the-go, that would be a good choice.

I'm sorry you are having a little trouble with the stabilizing part. 165 was your goal and you are there, so try to remember that. 0.6 lbs above what your goal was is "in your window." Maybe try and stay within a 2 lb window of 165 and see how that works.

Another idea is doing one of those fat fast things that many Atkin'ers do.

Please don't be sad! You should still be jumping around and celebrating your victory over the bulge! Look at where you started and where you are now! Be of good cheer, my dear friend.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:13 PM   #951
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.2/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Quote:
Arrrghhhhh! Right back up to 165.6, .2 out of my window. I honestly am at my wit's end, here. I just did a correction day on Saturday, and I'm just plain not willing to do another one today.

Just gonna ride today out and see how the weight looks tomorrow. I'm wondering if I'll just steadily gain a pound EVERY day, or is this my body wanting to settle at 165 instead of 163?

Anyway, I'll correct tomorrow if I have to, but I think I'll try a yogurt day instead of a steak day. Those steak days aren't getting me much of a loss...

(I did skip the exercise yesterday, and that did not seem to accomplish much for me. I'm torn about whether to skip it again today. I was just starting to see my biceps and triceps coming back...)
Sorry Jess, that's so frustrating! I kind of went through the same thing last round and finally came to the conclusion that 129 was a big set point back (I mean way back ) in the day and my body was just fighting to get back there. I'm hoping by getting well below that this time my body will be more cooperative.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #952
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dogsrule
Stats: 255/143.0/125
WOE: Atkins/IF/hCG
Start Date: January 2005
Gaining muscle?

Quote:

Is it possible that your weight is actually a bit more consistent than you think, and the scale is creeping just a bit due to added muscle weight?

Last edited by Dogsrule; 10-24-2011 at 07:32 PM..
Old 10-24-2011, 11:50 PM   #953
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogsrule View Post
Is it possible that your weight is actually a bit more consistent than you think, and the scale is creeping just a bit due to added muscle weight?
I dunno, Dana--but I certainly do LIKE your line of thinking.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:27 AM   #954
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Morning! How was this morning's number?
Old 10-25-2011, 09:41 AM   #955
Blabbermouth!!!

In a word, Miss Latte--TERRIBLE.

So yesterday, I tried to just relax and eat normal low carb--no wheat, no starch, no sugar...I ate 1600 calories and 29 grams of carbs. I didn't try to push to get to 2000, just ate what filled me up and didn't worry about it. I didn't even track it until this morning, when I entered it all in ******.

The result? UP--another .8 pounds to 166.4--the highest I've been since somewhere way back in P2. I am just absolutely stumped as to what my problem is, and heartsick that I can't get stable. I don't want to live like this--the whole reason I tried hcg was to reset and not have to obsess continually about everything that enters my mouth.

So today will be a yogurt correction day. I'm wondering what would happen if I did 2 correction days in a row? Would I get lower, so I don't keep bumping up out of window.

Man, I'm feeling blue about this today.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:47 AM   #956
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
So sorry this has you down Jess! and hope you get it figured out quickly!!!!
Old 10-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #957
Big Yapper!

Oh, Jessica. I know you're probably sick of hearing different suggestions and ideas, but I have one more to offer you.

How long have you been off the pellets? If you are having this much trouble stabilizing, what do you think about the idea of calling this however-many-days of P3 as an Interruption, and getting back on P2? I know that sounds sucky, but you are so unhappy and maybe, for whatever reason, your body wasn't ready to stabilize at the weight you stopped at.

I want to help and I want to see the happy VQ again! The happy VQ is an awesome gal. Just like the happy CherylB is!

You could do a short round and then ease into P3. I remember after R1, I was so not hungry still and so afraid to start gaining again that the first week I didn't eat much. I had to really work at getting my calories up to 1000 and beyond. I stabilized really well.

What do you think about this? You are an expert at P2!
Old 10-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #958
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and hoping this is just a bump in the road and it will settle down and be smooth very shortly.

Are you just basically back to low carb at this point?

If so, would any of those old low carb pointers come into play now?

You know I know nothing about this, except that I just want you to be successful and get to where you want to be. And be able to maintain there.

Good luck, Jessica. I check in often to see how you're doing. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #959
Major LCF Poster!

You might give some thought to whole "leptin" business...especially since you stabilized before sort of inadvertently doing a version of the leptin reset diet.

Just thinking aloud. Man...I'm so beat. I love you Jess...haven't been around to say so much here lately, but I am sorry you're having this crummy instability!
Old 10-25-2011, 07:01 PM   #960
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Do you feel like posting your menus or have you been through this all before and not so interested in anyone picking it apart?
Closed Thread