Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 06:14 PM   #901
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
Oh yay, Sweet Jess! I am SO happy for you. Enjoy your victory!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2011, 07:55 PM   #902
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dogsrule
Stats: 255/143.0/125
WOE: Atkins/IF/hCG
Start Date: January 2005
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHhhhhhhh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Drum Roll, please....

I AM CALLING GOAL!!!!

I reached a new low of 163.4 this morning, and I am officially ending my P2. Now onward into P3, followed by lifetime maintenance!!

(Honestly, after all my years of struggling with the Stall of Doom, I can't quite believe it WORKED. I'm in shock....)
YAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhh! for you!
or since I'm a southern girl "Yeeeeeeeeee Haaaw"!!!!!

Congratulations! Dana
Old 10-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #903
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Good morning, friends! I had an INSANELY busy day yesterday--was gone from mid-morning until 10:30 last night, for all practical purposes.

It was my women's club's business meeting/luncheon, followed by a bunch of music rehearsals. My Master Chorale is having a concert Sunday, and I'm going to sing a (very, very small) solo. So after the luncheon, I had to go meet our accompanist, who happens to be an old friend of mine, to work out my solo. The director asked me to make whatever cuts I preferred to get it to two minutes or less--it's part of a medley of Broadway songs, so the pianist and I fiddled around with it to make the shortened version as graceful as we could.

He is so cute--his church where he is organist has a lovely pipe organ, and he wanted to play a short "concert" for me so I could hear it, so I stayed for quite a while and listened. They recently redid their 50s era sanctuary, and did something to the ceiling to make it more accoustically friendly. Sounded great!

From there, I met Hallie for dinner and then went straight on to the Chorale rehearsal, which lasted until after 10:00. Sheesh!

That was two meals out (both consisted of salad and chicken), but my weight shows a slight bump this morning, to 164. I can live with it--probably lots of sodium and very little water yesterday. Today I'll try to manage the water better!

I will, however, have to have dinner out again. It's my "work" day and that means a music department planning dinner with my boss, like every Thursday!

Thanks again to all of my beloved Low Carb Friends, old and new--I cherish each of you and it's so doggone nice of you to take a minute out of your day to encourage me! I'm not going anywhere--will be right here, watching your journeys and rooting for you all the way!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 10-13-2011, 11:27 PM   #904
Major LCF Poster!

Hey there, Sugar Foot (in my family, that is the ultimate Term of Endearment)

We had One Elegant Evening tonight. That's our annual big ballet fundraiser. It's a wonderful, exciting, fun, and super artsy evening. It was a huge success this year. Very good crowd, lots of nice sponsorships, good results from the silent auction of fine wines, and the dancers were phenomenal.

Here's a funny thing...know how I keep saying I turned 54 in August? My daughter pointed out to me that I totally can't subtract. I don't know how I managed to lose track of my own birthdays! But...long story short...I'll be 54 again next August...coz I was born in 1958 and I really just turned 53....how pathetic is THAT?

Anyhow, here's your 53 year old friend at the ballet party, and with the ballerina at home. My feet really hurt from my very cute platinum heels. It was such a cool evening.

So...when do you get your breakfast steak? I may have steak tomorrow. I knew I was going to party tonight, so I got steak for tomorrow in case I need it. I didn't eat at the party tonight because I was helping direct folks through the party tonight, but I did have a glass of wine and afterward, some ICE CREAM from a place that Merry loves. When she is performing she doesn't eat anything silly. She is a lean, mean, dancin' machine. But since her next performance is not until December, she wanted an ice cream tonight after the show. I took that as my cue...and had ice cream with her at this funky little place called Murray's. Since it's Halloween time, all their ice cream names were 'scary'...I had "DeMINTed"...which was old-fashioned peppermint stick ice cream, and "Lynnette Squeaky Fromme-age"...which was a cream cheese based ice cream with dark chocolate chunks. Lovely stuff. Then I came home and Tiger Balmed my feet. Ouch

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

I CAN HAVE THAT LATER
Old 10-14-2011, 08:39 AM   #905
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning! Deb--you are both STUNNING, but you knew that! (Daughter got nothin' on Mom, though, trust me.) Sounds like an amazing and fun night!

It's funny about you forgetting your age--I do it, too. Some years I remember easily, but I've had a few years where I simply NEVER quite got straight how old I was. Ha! Anyway, I shall be the BIG sister in this duo--never fear. I'm enough woman for the job (even if I AM less woman than I used to be. )

I didn't have steak because I just didn't have time to fix it. So I had bacon AND sausage! It was divine! And now i must fly--about to be late for all-day bridge at the country club with the little old ladies. I know--sounds gruesome, but I love it! Back later, my loves.

P.S. Holding steady at 164 today. I'll take it.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:17 AM   #906
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Thanks for the update, VQ! Doing great and I'm thrilled to hear it.

Deb, sexy-legs-r-us! You just can't beat good genes! You both look ravishing.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:12 AM   #907
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, world! Forgive my spotty presence here the last couple of days--will be back to normal Monday.

But I wanted to update you--yesterday was my first official P3 day. I ate TWO meals out--was served chicken salad (the chopped up chicken with celery and mayo variety) over a whole avocado, plus green salad with ranch dressing, for lunch at the country club. Ate every bite. Had at least 3/4 a cup of guacamole, a big steak, and an ounce or two of cheese peeled off nachos at El Cholo for dinner. Oh, and at home for breakfast I had sausage and bacon. Net result of all that--weighed in at 163.8 this morning! P3 is GRAND!!!

We've got friends coming over for football watching today (GO POKES--BEAT THE LONGHORNS!!) I got stuff to make that I can eat--cheese based dips that I can eat with celery (but chips for everyone else), plus some Little Smokies that I will put in the crockpot in my homemade SF bbq sauce. So I should be fine. Won't be having beer or cocktails--I think it's way too early to add alcohol. I'll save that for P4.

Have a good one, everyone!
Old 10-15-2011, 10:18 AM   #908
Big Yapper!

Nice, Jessica! Woohoo! That's a new low, right? Enjoy the rewards of all your labor. (((HUGS)))

I don't care about sports but for your sake, "GO POKES!" (whoever they are.)
Old 10-15-2011, 11:13 AM   #909
Major LCF Poster!

hey y'all, got about 30 seconds, so thought I'd say hi. Glad it's going so well, Jess...enjoy P3!
Old 10-15-2011, 12:30 PM   #910
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Can't wait for P3! Hope you enjoy the game and have a wonderful weekend!
Old 10-16-2011, 07:38 AM   #911
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Sunday to anyone who wanders by my little corner. Had a fun day yesterday--got a crazy one coming up today.

Weight was up a pound, probably due to the early weigh in/salty Little SMokies one-two punch I subjected it to. Still in window, though!

And I'm off to the races....may not have time to get back until tomorrow.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:04 PM   #912
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
I love seeing your stats in your signature!
Old 10-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #913
Blabbermouth!!!

Howdy, friends, and happy Monday.

I'm still in my nightgown at 10:40 a.m. (Pooti, my friend, I'm lifting my coffee mug to you in nightgown solidarity, girl!) I'm recovering from my incredibly hurried weekend. But it was fun. Friday afternoon, I went straight from my duplicate bridge day at the country club (to which I do not belong, but was there as a guest--lest I sound like some hoity-toity type, haha) to LAX to pick Dave up. From there, we went straight to our favorite Mexican place to meet our friends for dinner and margaritas. But when I say we went "straight" there, I don't mean to imply a short trip. From LAX, right on the coastline, 20 miles inland to this restaurant on a Friday at 5:00 took about an hour and a half! I had carne asada (steak) and guac, plus I scalped the cheese off a few nachos. No margarita for me--just water.

Saturday morning Hallie came over (and brought my grand-cat, Maurice), and we made football food. At noon, various friends arrived and we watched football all afternoon, then went out to dinner at a local Lebanese place, where I had rotisserie chicken and green beans cooked with tomatoes and garlic.

Sunday was early church day, as always. I had bacon and Greek yogurt for brekkie. Had my teen choir rehearsal right after, then rushed home and ate a steak for lunch, then headed to my concert dress rehearsal, followed by the concert. I had a small solo, and I feel like it went just fine. No obvious disasters--voice breaking, involuntary swallow in the middle of a word, any of that--haha. I can never really tell about pitch and tone, when I'm in the middle of it. When I'm calm, I have very near perfect pitch. If you ask me to find a middle C, or whatever, I'm generally right on. But nerves do funny things to the throat! So I hope my reliable pitch came thru--who knows?

After that, I went with the ladies of my section for dinner at Ruby's diner. I had their low carb cheeseburger, plus guac. (I bet I consumed 3 or 4 whole avocados over the course of the weekend. Many calories, but quality ones!)

So this morning my weight was up near the top of my window, but events transpired a bit later which probably accounted for most of it. I know--TMI. I'll be eating clean and at home for the next few days, so I should get all that restaurant sodium washed out!

I guess I should mosey off and put on some clothes (like my new size 10 jeans!) before 11:00 hits! I wish all of you, my dear readers, whoever you may be today, a lovely afternoon.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:20 AM   #914
Blabbermouth!!!

Ouch--out of window today, and will be doing a steak correction day. At least I made it to Day 5 today--last round I corrected on the third day!

Not panicking--I remember that it took me a week or so for my bouncing around to settle down last time.

Today, I have a totally empty day ahead of me, and I'm looking forward to catching up on journals and hcg threads I've been neglecting!
Old 10-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #915
Big Yapper!

Enjoy your lazy day of steak eating! I'm sure you'll have great results. I don't think it helps to be too busy, either. Increased stress, even though you are having fun. Just having to be at certain places by certain times gives me agita. But that's just me.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #916
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/139.8/130
WOE: HDE/FF
I actually love steak days. Big difference from Apple days And you're right, it does take a week or so. You're doing great! Have a lovely "you" day today!
Old 10-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #917
Major LCF Poster!

mmm steak! I had steak and eggs for breakfast yesterday because I was so sure I was going to need a steak day. When I didn't need it for the CD, I wasn't about to let the opportunity to eat it go to waste I've been getting the nicest no-hormone all natural ribeyes at Costco.

Enjoy your day. I'm off to rehearsal but taking the day off tomorrow to drive up and see Carrie and Noah with the girls. That will be great fun. This afternoon will be trying. It has turned cold here (I'm all for that) but they haven't turned the heat on in the school yet. In fact...I think the air conditioning is still running. Yesterday it was 61 degrees in the auditorium. I about died.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:56 PM   #918
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, guys--good to "see" all three of you! I've missed visiting with you during my last few days of whirlwind. Now that the big concert is over, and my early-in-the-month meetings are done, I can be Internet Chatty Cathy again! And yes, Cheryl, having to mind the clock for any reason is mildly stressful--I totally agree.

Terri, I've been reading your Slim for the Holidays thread, but too rushed to comment. But I love the title--have just been thinking of how this will be my slimmest holiday season since I was in my early 30s. What a joy that will be. I'm not going to let ANYTHING derail me from that experience, including Thanksgiving.

Deb, it's been cold in buildings here, too, because they just can't keep up with the radical temperature changes we have in the fall--cold-ish nights, but here in my foothills, in the 90s and 100s during the day. So all the buildings are over-air conditioned, and I just take a couple of sweaters in my car everywhere I go! I HATE to be cold.

What a treat to get to meet Carrie and Noah! You'll have to tell us all about it!

Had a nice lunch with Hallie, then did some leisurely, non-productive shopping after I took her back to work. Picked up a scarf (one of those "infinity" kinds--loop-shaped), plus grabbed a few groceries.

Now it's about time to go have dinner. Surprise! A steak!
Old 10-18-2011, 06:09 PM   #919
Major LCF Poster!

It was cold outside here yesterday (50s) so I was wearing boots and a coat. Never took them off inside the building during a three hour rehearsal. I also went out to the car and got my 'emergency quilt' and wore that wrapped around me at the piano with just my frozen little hands sticking out. It wasn't better today, but I had on 2 pair of socks, a turtleneck and pullover under my coat and a fuzzy North Face fleece, so I was better prepared.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:59 PM   #920
Big Yapper!

That's so AWESOME that you are going to see Carrie, Deb! I'm happy for all of you! We want to hear all about it and see pics when you return from your trip. I'm sorry you're so cold lately, but at least you can bundle up! I think it's harder to cool down when you're hot, which is usually my problem.

Jess, enjoy your steak! Sounds good, actually. Glad life is slowing down for a while and you'll be able to spend more time with your buds here. We've missed you! I didn't realize it got so hot where you live! You must be in the desert and farther from the water than I'd imagined.

Good night to all! Signing off. Day 1 in the bag!

Last edited by CherylB; 10-18-2011 at 07:09 PM..
Old 10-18-2011, 07:08 PM   #921
Blabbermouth!!!

That sounds absolutely miserable. I don't mind being warm, but I absolutely HATE to be cold.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #922
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
I've been opposite, but today I froze and I think it was in the 50's or 60's...losing weight is really forcing the layers on me.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #923
Major LCF Poster!

It was awful. I felt bad for the kids...most of them had been freezing all day long when I arrived at 3 pm. It did get a little warmer on the stage with all the lights on, but not that much. I'm glad to have the day off tomorrow. Just need a little break
Old 10-19-2011, 03:30 AM   #924
Big Yapper!

Mornin' Jess! I hope your steak day gives you great results! Deb, enjoy your day off, and controlling the temperature around you! Heidi, bundle up!

(See ticker and daily note to read about me.)
Old 10-19-2011, 09:16 AM   #925
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, sunshines! The steak worked its magic--down a pound and a half and back to 164.2 this a.m.

I can't help but think that if I'd known this simple way to handle a small weight gain about, oh....40 years ago, I might have just stayed slim all those years, ya know? It's so simple, it's not hard to do or unpleasant, and it works! I honestly feel (hope) that if I will simply weigh every morning for the rest of my life, as a matter of habit, and immediately react when there is a problem, I'll have this weight thing licked!

I must run wash my hair (something I hate and dread, for some reason). Back shortly.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:36 AM   #926
Blabbermouth!!!

Also wanted to add, in the interest of informing anyone who wanders in here from the old interwebz trying to learn more about the hcg plan, that I did NOT follow the Simeon's steak day instructions. (I never have.)

Instead of waiting all day to eat something, I simply ate a small steak for all three meals, and added an apple at dinnertime. I'd have preferred a tomato, but I didn't have one, so an apple it was. I put a pat of butter on each of my steaks, too. I tracked on ******, and it still came to only around 1000 calories for the day, so it's definitely a calorie deficit, but also a carb deficit, that leads to the weight loss.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:38 AM   #927
Big Yapper!

Ewww. Hair day. I shaved, which is my equivalent to hair day. Hair is simple enough. Shampoo, towel dry, blow dry, brush.

I agree with you, Jessica. I think maintaining will be a simple process of sticking to daily weighing and immediate intervention. "There is no tomorrow!"

Glad your steak day did the trick.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:44 AM   #928
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/139.8/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Mornin' Jess!
Congrads on the success! I agree. A side from getting my weight to a point I couldn't get to any other way, I feel like I have tools now to keep it there. It's so empowering!

I also do the steak day eating all day instead one meal, always have and always had great success. I've done it with an apple split throughout the day and dry salad with lunch and dinner. Equal positive results.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:44 PM   #929
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Congrats on the loss! I cannot wait to be in the same range as you

I'm a steak fan also - which is probably why I order beef by the quarter. YUM!
Old 10-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #930
Blabbermouth!!!

I just had a little low carb cooking session. I made a sugar free pumpkin pie (just follow the Libby's can, only sub artificial sweetener and cream for the sugar and evap milk.) Also made a batch of chili, and since my chili recipe is basically P2 chili, it should be just fine for P3. I've never liked beans in chili--that's the Texan in me!

Also wanted to try Linda Sue's newest BBQ sauce recipe: BBQ Sauce.

This one is darker, thicker and sweeter than Jenny's recipe. For me, I think I like Jenny's better--I like a more vinegary, tart bbq sauce. But this one of Linda's is a dead ringer for bottled KC Masterpiece. If that's the kind you like, make this one!

I did add an extra tablespoon of vinegar and a teaspoon of lemon juice. I like tangy.

Last edited by verbqueen; 10-19-2011 at 06:18 PM..
Closed Thread