Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2011, 11:14 AM   #871
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
I'm guessing that "potty issues" may be coming into play here--it's been a while. But I shall plug on.

But on a serious note, if I can compose myself, I have never heard of anyone having a rebound from an Apple day. I never have and Simeon's book said there wouldn't be one, either. It has to be water or "potty issues."

Don't sweat the small stuff! You are almost done, babycakes!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #872
Big Yapper!

Quote:
OK, to venture WAY into TMI territory, it was definitely Problem Number 2--and it's all better now!
Number 2!!!

(Okay. I'm leaving now. Clearly I need more coffee. )
Old 10-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #873
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
OK, to venture WAY into TMI territory, it was definitely Problem Number 2--and it's all better now! That is to say, A LOT better.

Pat, I'm going to exactly follow Dr. S's protocol and go to the Phase 3, so I will ramp back up to that 2000-2200 calories I was eating before, keeping the carbs pretty low. (What Dr. S specifically says about P3 is no starches, no sugar, so while I ventured into dairy last time with cheese and greek yogurt, I stayed away from nuts. He says to keep eating your P3 fruits, but I don't do well with fruit, so I didn't really do that except for strawberries, which seem to do me no harm.)

After a minimum of 3 weeks of that, then you go into the so-called P4, where you start adding carbs and see how you do. I"m curious to see if I could maybe work oatmeal and the occasional corn tortilla or beans into my diet, so I think I will try that.

However, after that, I think I'll go back to JUDDD as my standard operating procedure, at least for the holiday season when there are so many eating events to cope with. I guess that all kind of depends on how well I"m able to stabilize at 165, though! So it'll still be a bit of an adventure for me!

Sure do appreciate your interest and support during my hcg journey, and have been watching with interest all the "buzz" about JUDDD in recent weeks. I think that's all thanks to you!

[P.S. Edited to add: I forgot to mention that before I go to P3, I will have to do 2 days of low calories with no pellets, to get the hcg out my body. I guess if you have it in your system and eat a lot, you gain.]
Jessica, thanks for this interesting and extensive update and explanation. I know this is supposed to ramp your metabolism up to a high level and then reset it there, so keeping my fingers crossed for you. It'd be so wonderful to be able to eat *regular* again and know that this plan had given you the stronger surging metabolism and then reset it up at that level, to deal with all the fun and delightful foods out there in the world. And, yeah.. you are going to be timing this about perfectly for the upcoming Holiday Season! Good thinking! LOL

If and when you get back to posting with us over on the JUDDD threads, I'm looking forward to some of your food plans for your 500-cal days, and any recipes that you particularly enjoyed.

Hugs! You're doing so great!
Old 10-08-2011, 09:14 AM   #874
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
165.4 today. I seem to be as stuck at 165 as I was at 167. I'll say it again--this week 3 is going exactly like my first round week 3. It's eerie how similar my rounds have been.

I have pellets today and tomorrow, then two more VLCDs Monday and Tuesday. I really wish I could get to 164 or even 163 for a little breathing room, but I don't know if that's going to happen.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:45 AM   #875
Big Yapper!

YOU WILL! I KNOW YOU WILL. You will know, soon enough. Keep your spirit high and BELIEVE!
Old 10-09-2011, 07:23 AM   #876
Blabbermouth!!!

So today's weigh-in (at oh-dark-hundred) was STILL 165.4. I just can't make that my LDW. Today was supposed to be my last dose day, but I am NOT stopping until I actually hit my real goal--165-point-NOTHING.

First round I never lost another ounce after my last dose, not during those two non-dosing VLCDs and never once during P3, so I really don't stand a chance of losing it "later." I haven't run this race only to stop 3 yards from the finish line!!

This is all by way of saying that it looks like I'm going to have to extend this round until I make goal--REAL goal, not .4 away from goal. And it sure looks like I'll have to do another apple day. This is the 4th day in a row at 165, which is apparently another setpoint. Aaaaargh. I'm sick of P2, but guess I must soldier on.

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 10-09-2011, 07:36 AM   #877
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
Do it, Jessica. You know it is worth it and will work. When you bust through the wall all will be worth it. Hang in there. Thinking of you!
Old 10-09-2011, 09:54 AM   #878
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Go for it Jess! We're routing for you!!
Old 10-09-2011, 10:25 AM   #879
Big Yapper!

VQ! VQ! VQ!
Old 10-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #880
Blabbermouth!!!

Reporting in from "most stubborn body in the world land." A dazzling new low of 165.2 for me. Sheesh! This must be another setpoint--that makes 5 days now, I think. Probably gonna have to do another apple day tomorrow. I just can't today--got weekly Lunch Monday with Hallie, and Master Chorale rehearsal tonight. Apple days leave me weak and borderline shaky, so I'll do it on an "empty day" tomorrow. Then, if it works, I'll have to hold there for a day or two to make sure it sticks, so I'm looking at a goodly chunk of week 4 of dosing. Oh well.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:00 AM   #881
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Movement is movement! Yay -.2
Old 10-10-2011, 01:21 PM   #882
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslatte View Post
Movement is movement! Yay -.2
I agree! And down is always better than up. Prepare for a whoosh!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:53 AM   #883
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dogsrule
Stats: 255/143.0/125
WOE: Atkins/IF/hCG
Start Date: January 2005
Celebrating the 165 mark

Hi Jessica

I lurk a lot and have now caught up with your journal and just wanted to congratulate you on making 165! It's quite an accomplishment and from reading your journal, one that you weren't sure that you would ever see and HERE YOU ARE!!! Enjoy the loose jeans, or if you like tight, but smaller size clothes, or a bit of both!

I count anything in the 165 area as making 165! If it says 165 then count it.

More importantly let us know if hCG and the P3 stage helps level out the fat and you don't develop the 'scrawney' look you said that you had when you were a workout monster.

Dana
Old 10-11-2011, 09:20 AM   #884
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, Dana. Welcome out of lurkdom! And holy smokes, look at YOUR stats! Over a hundred pounds? How did you do it? It's AMAZING!

Scale moved down today, 1 pound, bringing me to 164.2. If I can hold onto it for a day or two, I will call goal and move to P3!

Must run off to a meeting now--back later!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #885
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogsrule View Post
Hi Jessica

I lurk a lot and have now caught up with your journal and just wanted to congratulate you on making 165! It's quite an accomplishment and from reading your journal, one that you weren't sure that you would ever see and HERE YOU ARE!!! Enjoy the loose jeans, or if you like tight, but smaller size clothes, or a bit of both!

I count anything in the 165 area as making 165! If it says 165 then count it.

More importantly let us know if hCG and the P3 stage helps level out the fat and you don't develop the 'scrawney' look you said that you had when you were a workout monster.

Dana
Nice job, Dana! Nice to meet another dog lover, too. Hope you stick around!

Quote:
Hey, Dana. Welcome out of lurkdom! And holy smokes, look at YOUR stats! Over a hundred pounds? How did you do it? It's AMAZING!

Scale moved down today, 1 pound, bringing me to 164.2. If I can hold onto it for a day or two, I will call goal and move to P3!

Must run off to a meeting now--back later!
Um... HELLO! You are below your goal today!!! Doesn't that deserve at least a tiny squeak of joy?

Wasn't that long ago when you were hopelessly stuck on Atkins for eons. Then you were going to give HCG a go, but didn't believe it would really work for you. Then you broke through your set-point of 177 and you were elated! And now you are THERE!!! to the life of a maintainer! YOU DID IT!
Old 10-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #886
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Yay!!
Old 10-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #887
Blabbermouth!!!

Sorry, Cheryl! I didn't have time for any joyful emoticons--was about to be late to my staff meeting at church!

So I'll do them now:

My intent is, if this loss holds tomorrow, to make tomorrow my last dose day, Thursday and Friday my 500 calorie no-dose days, and enter P3 on Saturday (which will be nice because this coming weekend is Dave's weekend home, and I'm such a wet blanket when on P2...)

I've already begun doing what I did to end last round--phasing out the fruit and wheat, switching to just lean protein and veggies, which I will stick with and simply up the volume of when I get to P3, for the first few days. So I had half an apple for breakfast, but I had a 96% burger patty for lunch, and will have chicken and some lettuce for dinner, and tomorrow, I won't have any fruit at all.

I thought this helped with the hunger issues brought about on those two no-dose days, as well as helping me with my terrible feeling of protein starvation.

As far as my body composition, I feel very, very soft and jiggly at the moment. I felt like I saw that change during my last P3 when I got my protein back up, so I sure hope it will this time around. I'm seeing a little bit of loose skin on my upper arms, inner thighs and belly, and I don't like it!

I can't wait to be able to hit the weights hard again!

Last edited by verbqueen; 10-11-2011 at 12:36 PM..
Old 10-11-2011, 12:49 PM   #888
Blabbermouth!!!

P.S. I am sitting here wearing, comfortably, a pair of size 10 cropped jeans--a "hand-me-up" pair Hallie gave me a few years ago that I never imagined being able to actually wear. (What made me save them? A faint glimmer of hope, I guess...) Wow!
Old 10-11-2011, 01:10 PM   #889
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
Awesome!!!!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #890
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
P.S. I am sitting here wearing, comfortably, a pair of size 10 cropped jeans--a "hand-me-up" pair Hallie gave me a few years ago that I never imagined being able to actually wear. (What made me save them? A faint glimmer of hope, I guess...) Wow!
Woo Hoo! WTG Jess!
Old 10-12-2011, 09:05 AM   #891
Blabbermouth!!!

Drum Roll, please....

I AM CALLING GOAL!!!!

I reached a new low of 163.4 this morning, and I am officially ending my P2. Now onward into P3, followed by lifetime maintenance!!

(Honestly, after all my years of struggling with the Stall of Doom, I can't quite believe it WORKED. I'm in shock....)
Old 10-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #892
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great job Jess!! And look what a great cushion you have!

Enjoy P3, see you there in November.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:18 AM   #893
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks, Terri--you skinny girl, you. You have been a wonderful friend, and I can't tell you how much it means to me!
Old 10-12-2011, 09:26 AM   #894
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ditto Girl! No past tense here. I'll be catching up to you in P3 before you know it. And we both know that’s really our most important phase. Of course by then I'll be cheering on your P4
Old 10-12-2011, 09:30 AM   #895
Blabbermouth!!!

Totally hear you--I'm not going anywhere! I'm sure maintenance is going to require even more focus than losing did, so we'll just help each other along with it!

And I've noticed that those who disappear from LCF come back sooner or later and have to re-lose the pounds, and that is NOT going to be me, darnit.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:47 AM   #896
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am so with you there. I'm sick and tired of this Yo-Yo lifestyle!! I'm going for Yo!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:01 PM   #897
Big Yapper!

I KNEW YOU WOULD DO IT!!!
Old 10-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #898
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Drum Roll, please....

I AM CALLING GOAL!!!!
I'm soo happy for you Well done!
Old 10-12-2011, 04:10 PM   #899
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Way to go. It's pretty exciting when someone gets to call GOAL. You worked for it. You deserve it. You did what it took, and you were successful. Yay, Jessica!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:55 PM   #900
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Woooohooooooooooo! No, I think you just need to keep on posting right here every single day of your life. Yeah? Sounds good to me! Congratulations, Jessica! I'm so proud of you!
Closed Thread