Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 09:41 AM   #841
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Good morning, world. Not a good weigh-in today--I am up .2 pounds to 167.6. I think I may be stalled--that's three mornings in a row messing around in the 167s. (And as I realized during R1, in Dr. S's day, there was no such thing as a scale that weighed in fraction of a pound increments, so he definitely would've counted me as stalled!)

If I don't see 166 tomorrow, tomorrow will be an apple day. Last round, I fooled around with no losses for the entirety of week 3 before I broke down and did the apple day, and the pound I lost doing it was my only loss for that week, so I'm not going to be dragging my feet this time around.

My body certainly has its patterns, though! So far, everything is going pretty identically to Round 1--amazing!

No big plans for me today. I need to do a bit of house-straightening-upping and a bit of laundry, plus a trip to the dry cleaners. I also need to call my mother and have a long visit with her--haven't talked to her since last week.

I'm really wanting to COOK something. I can't wait for P3. Fall makes me want to cook something with pumpkin and cinnamon, or a big pot of soup or something. Next week, I hope, next week....

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal

Last edited by verbqueen; 10-04-2011 at 09:42 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #842
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
you can do soup now, Jess...that might be a wonderful thing to have on hand over the next week or so. This time of year, I've been known to boil cinnamon sticks, cloves and orange peel...just so my house smells good
Old 10-04-2011, 10:54 AM   #843
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/138.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
I agree on dragging out the apple day. First round I waited 5 days. Second round the third stall day was an apple day. I felt like I didn't miss loss days and was much happier.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:17 AM   #844
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Hey, Jess! I shake cinnamon and nutmeg into my coffee before I turn it on to brew. I haven't always done that but right now it's very tasty and perfect for the season. Give it a try! It might hit the spot with you, too. (When I have it, I also shake in some Ginger. I'm out right now. Try pumpkin pie seasoning!)
Old 10-04-2011, 01:10 PM   #845
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Just stopping in to say hi! I'm giving the drops a shot after not seeing any progress for a while. I've enjoyed getting to know you via your journal.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #846
Blabbermouth!!!

Great idea, Cheryl! Will make the house smell wonderful!

And glad to meetcha, MissL. I think you will be amazed at the kind of progress you can make with this plan--and I hear you on the lack of progress--I stalled for a freaking YEAR AND A HALF ON Atkins. Arghhhhhhhhh!
Old 10-05-2011, 08:59 AM   #847
Blabbermouth!!!

Boy am I in a funk this morning. It's dark and cloudy and I slept with the bedroom sliding door open and my room was FREEZING this morning. Plus, one of my cats absolutely wailed and cried off and on all night. I finally got up at 5-something to see if there was something wrong, but he seemed (and still seems) perfectly fine.

I weighed in at 167 even, which put me all out of sorts. It was a loss, but I swore I'd do an apple day if stayed in the 167s, so I'm going to.

To top it all off, my coffee maker just refused to make any coffee. The little light came on, but the heater wouldn't eat the water, and so no coffee for me.

Argghhhh....and to make everything perfect, I have to leave now and go to what promises to be a long and tedious meeting.

Signed,
Little Mary Sunshine

Last edited by verbqueen; 10-05-2011 at 09:00 AM..
Old 10-05-2011, 09:03 AM   #848
Major LCF Poster!

Yo LMS...hit Starbucks before that meeting babe All will be well once you get your coffee
Old 10-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #849
Big Yapper!

Bad Ju-Ju for sure! Hope you did what Deb advised. We coffee-girls need coffee to truly wake up and function properly.

Ah! My pot just finished brewing so I'm off to get me a cup right now!

Hope everyone is well today, other than VQ, that is. Hope things got better as the morning went on, Jessica! Looking forward to the next chapter.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #850
Blabbermouth!!!

Home from meeting--where the coffee that was served was DECAF--arghhh.

But as soon as I got in, I got out my trusty old Farberware percolator from the back of the cupboard, brewed a pot, and now I'm all better. Well, except for the fact that I'm having an underwhelming lunch of....an apple.

It's raining steadily now, and chilly, and I have the fireplace going and my plan is to watch recorded TV all afternoon while snuggling under a blankie.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:34 PM   #851
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you were able to get your coffee for today! Hopefully I don't run into that situation, between home, work and my BF's house we have 2 french press, 2 drip coffee makers, 2 espresso machines and a camping percolator. I think we'll be ready for anything!

...unless I run out of coffee.

I've read about the apple days but I'm not quite sure yet if I want to incorporate them or not (if needed), I haven't had an apple in a very long time (eating low-carb) so not sure if it will mess anything up or not. I guess this would be for a 2lb gain or just the normal apple/day thing.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:15 PM   #852
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi, Miss L! I have a back-up coffeemaker, but it's out in the garage, plus my old percolator, and I also have a french press and an espresso machine--all stored, like my percolator, WAY at the back of hard to reach cabinets. I just didn't have time to mess with it before I left, and as you saw, it made me a very grouchy woman! ha!

I TOTALLY understand your feeling about apples--I had a rough time incorporating eating any fruit at all. After the better part of a decade eating Atkins, I just don't think of fruit as a healthy food. And frankly, I think there are many folks who don't use the fruit or the grissini/crackers as part of their plan--they just get to their 500 calories with protein and veggies only.

Once I got accustomed to it, though, I enjoyed having a little variety in my days.

And when you need a correction day, when you're furious at eating SO LITTLE and still not losing, it's amazing what you'll try!!

So how are things going for you?
Old 10-05-2011, 05:30 PM   #853
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Jessica, a loss is a loss! I was thinking about this today. You know my own weight right now has a mind of its own. I was almost 3 pounds heavier a few days ago, though, so I think I'm coming back down. It just made me think I'm doing something right to lose 3 pounds in a few days.
I thought for sure if you were stalled, you'd be exactly the same weight, but whenever I get to an even number (like 167, not 167.6), I get so excited-almost like hopping down a mini decade. I am so incredibly excited for you because you are so close to your goal. I may be reading you wrong today, but I'm getting sad vibes. Like your weather.
Anyway, chin up, young person! Tomorrow is a new day!

Read me
And also...
Old 10-05-2011, 09:03 PM   #854
Blabbermouth!!!

Heidi, you can really read me well. I have a whopping case of SAD, and I have a rough time with dark days. And now you know why I refused to move to Seattle!

(Edited to add: and bless you, my dearest, for that "young person," even though we BOTH know better! )

Last edited by verbqueen; 10-05-2011 at 09:04 PM..
Old 10-06-2011, 03:48 AM   #855
Major LCF Poster!

Pssssht. You're young. You remind me of my mom. Young. Fun. Awesome. Mhm. I have days like your yesterday. I wish I had the time to stop and just have them. TV and a blanket and a fire. One day I hope to be sad.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:30 AM   #856
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post

So how are things going for you?
Things are good! Today is VLCD1. I didn't gain as much from loading as I had expected, only a total gain of 2.5 lbs. My scale only goes in .5 increments so I guess it'll have to do. I have some food stuffs prepped for the week so I'm ready to go!

I hope you have a wonderful day
Old 10-06-2011, 09:37 AM   #857
Blabbermouth!!!

I won't "call goal" until I get down another half pound, but I am REALLY, REALLY, REALLY EXCITED this morning!

The apple day did its work!

Looking in the mirror this morning as I stepped off the scale (nekkid as a jaybird, of course), I realized that I could probably stand to lose 5-10 more pounds, but I'm going to save that task for later. I'm pretty spongy and mushy, as I always am after a spell of VLCDs, and I know that I need to give this old body time to redistribute my remaining fat and rebuild some muscle and skin tone. So if I decide to do a Round 3, or perhaps a spell of JUDDD, I will do that later on down the line.

For now, I'll just focus on finishing Round 2 strong, and then I'll work on getting good and stable.

(P.S. The sun is back out today, and I have a mug of coffee in my hand. All is right with the world again!)
Old 10-06-2011, 09:40 AM   #858
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslatte View Post
Things are good! Today is VLCD1. I didn't gain as much from loading as I had expected, only a total gain of 2.5 lbs. My scale only goes in .5 increments so I guess it'll have to do. I have some food stuffs prepped for the week so I'm ready to go!

I hope you have a wonderful day
Good for you, MissL! I'll bet anything that when you weigh in the morning, your whole load gain is gone, possibly with some extra to boot! That happened to me first round. Second round I gained more--over five pounds! Guess I really chowed down on that load!

I hope today goes pretty easily for you. It's an adjustment, eating so little food, but you do get accustomed to it, so be patient with your body! And try to enjoy the good things about it--the feeling of control, and excitement, and the very flat, empty belly you get on P2 (that I never have any other time...)
Old 10-06-2011, 09:42 AM   #859
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Thrilled for your accomplishment and your happiness! Way to go!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:50 AM   #860
Big Yapper!

Jumpin' Jehoshaphat! Jessica!

Yahoo! Yippee! Woo-woo-woo! (Think Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman at the horse track.)

I'm so thrilled for you, VQ! You're still in week 2, right? Who knows how much farther down the scale you'll go before you end the round!
Old 10-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #861
Blabbermouth!!!

Nope, Cheryl, this is Week 3, and I will NOT be extending this round! Got four more pellet days, counting today!
Old 10-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #862
Big Yapper!

Well during that 4-more-pellet-days + the 2 of no pellets but still VLCD, I predict you will have a LDW of 164.0, if not even less!
Old 10-06-2011, 10:34 AM   #863
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sasseaux
Stats: 220/150.2/135
WOE: R4 P2 somehat rogue - more protein
Start Date: R4 Hhcg: P2 4/13
Hi Verbqueen. Congrats on moving to P3. I was afraid of it too on my first round, but it went really well. I found my satiety level had really been reset and I was like a "normal" person, e.g., when I ate a lot at lunch I wasn't hungry later on. I'm sure you will have great results, too! If you have any problems I'm sure someone here will have an answer.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:34 AM   #864
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Yeah!~!~
Old 10-06-2011, 11:01 AM   #865
Major LCF Poster!

*happy dance*
Old 10-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #866
Major LCF Poster!

YAY JESSSSSS!!!
Old 10-06-2011, 11:36 AM   #867
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/138.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF

Last edited by TerriMM; 10-06-2011 at 11:38 AM..
Old 10-07-2011, 09:20 AM   #868
Blabbermouth!!!

Uh oh. Another "Backwards movement" day, up .2 to 165.8. I'm guess thing that "potty issues" may be coming into play here--it's been a while. Or maybe just one of those post apple day rebounds I've heard about.

But I shall plug on. 3 more days of pellets, including today! I'm ready to be done.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:11 AM   #869
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Lisa, after the 3 more days of pellets are done, do you return to the 2000 calories per day leg of the plan? And if so, do you include carby stuff in those days at this point, or are those calories from a very low carb plan, like early Atkins level, for example? I know Dr. Atkins felt folks could eat an awful lot of calories if they kept it very low carb. And then, do you think you will be coming back to JUDDD at all, or continue on the S. protocol?

I think it has been just amazing to watch you shrink! I'm so happy for you!
Old 10-07-2011, 11:09 AM   #870
Blabbermouth!!!

OK, to venture WAY into TMI territory, it was definitely Problem Number 2--and it's all better now! That is to say, A LOT better.

Pat, I'm going to exactly follow Dr. S's protocol and go to the Phase 3, so I will ramp back up to that 2000-2200 calories I was eating before, keeping the carbs pretty low. (What Dr. S specifically says about P3 is no starches, no sugar, so while I ventured into dairy last time with cheese and greek yogurt, I stayed away from nuts. He says to keep eating your P3 fruits, but I don't do well with fruit, so I didn't really do that except for strawberries, which seem to do me no harm.)

After a minimum of 3 weeks of that, then you go into the so-called P4, where you start adding carbs and see how you do. I"m curious to see if I could maybe work oatmeal and the occasional corn tortilla or beans into my diet, so I think I will try that.

However, after that, I think I'll go back to JUDDD as my standard operating procedure, at least for the holiday season when there are so many eating events to cope with. I guess that all kind of depends on how well I"m able to stabilize at 165, though! So it'll still be a bit of an adventure for me!

Sure do appreciate your interest and support during my hcg journey, and have been watching with interest all the "buzz" about JUDDD in recent weeks. I think that's all thanks to you!

[P.S. Edited to add: I forgot to mention that before I go to P3, I will have to do 2 days of low calories with no pellets, to get the hcg out my body. I guess if you have it in your system and eat a lot, you gain.]

Last edited by verbqueen; 10-07-2011 at 11:13 AM..
Closed Thread