Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 04:29 PM   #811
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
you really do look good in it! So does my red-headed daughter. I am so pink...I really clash with it.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2011, 09:38 AM   #812
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
OH HAPPY DAY! I hit the 160s today!!!

(Not by much mind you--169.6. But that leaves just four pounds plus a little change until I hit goal!)

I have decided that if by some chance I go under 165, I will still keep this up for the remaining time to make a full 23 day cycle. From what I've read, you should not do less than 21 days of VLC, and I don't want to compromise any metabolism resetting that might happen.

However, it is FAR from a given that I will go lower--as we all witnessed in my Round 1, my weight loss pattern seems to be big losses early followed by a significant slowdown.

We shall see!

In the meantime, I feel like a kid who just found out it was a snow day. I was supposed to get my hair colored today, and it's a LONG process because I need base color and highlights. (I am wearing my hair WAY lighter than I used to, at the recommendation of my hairdresser. Keeping it dark brown was giving me fits trying to disguise my gray regrowth, so we lightened the base color and added blonde-ish highlights.) I do think it disguises the regrowth pretty well, but it means some long old sessions at the salon when I need both colors. I only redo the highlights every other time. Expensive, too! But I honestly believe that a woman's hair makes up about 80% of how she looks, and if you're going to skimp somewhere, don't do it on your hair!

Anyhoo, my hairdresser woke up really sick with the flu, so I'm rescheduled to next week, and have a "play day" today!

Later, friends!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 09-28-2011, 10:07 AM   #813
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Woohoooooooooo!
Old 09-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #814
Major LCF Poster!

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Old 09-28-2011, 10:28 AM   #815
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
AMAZING!!! There's just no stopping you, girl! How many VLCD's are you up to in this round? Just into the second week, right? That's really good! May you receive no stalls and get to below your goal so you can have a little wiggle room, if that's what you hope to achieve.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:24 AM   #816
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/138.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Congrads Jess WTG
Old 09-28-2011, 01:19 PM   #817
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks, girls.

So...deep thoughts today as I enjoy my "slacker day" at home (yes, that IS two in a row--never left the house at all yesterday!) Yesterday, for the first time ever (ever in R2), I was hungry. Not gnawing, painful hungry, but more like passing thoughts of "is it time to eat yet?" every half hour kind of hungry. Now, yesterday was a "mini-stall," two days in a row of the identical same weight. I know that all bodies bop around a little from day to day, but I have learned that when THIS body weighs identically the same for several days in a row, it means my body is fighting me, hard. And I'm pretty sure that that is EXACTLY what my so-called "hunger" was yesterday--my body fighting me on this new decade. It'll be interesting to see if the fight is over and I'll move on, or if it will continue to be a struggle.

I am not a bit hungry today, at least so far.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:48 PM   #818
Major LCF Poster!

I had similar experiences...I was hungry when I was stuck and could barely eat the food when I was dropping really well. I do think it's the body trying it's darnedest to hang onto the pounds.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:49 AM   #819
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning world! Down another .8, new total 168.81 Getting so close!

And I did not have a hunger problem yesterday at all, which tells me that was indeed my body putting up a big "new decade" fight. Crazy...

What with my hairdresser reprieve yesterday, I'm going to have to put some Loving Çare root touch-up on my head today before my long choir marathon, so must run. (Don't want to look like it snowed on my head!)
Old 09-29-2011, 11:05 AM   #820
Major LCF Poster!

Jessica, every day is just a wonderful day for you! I'm so very diggin this! Even when you don't lose, your attitude is just filled with humor and ease. I love these things about you.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:10 AM   #821
Blabbermouth!!!

Aww, Heidi--it's been such a joy to "meet" you here. Your humor cracks me up, too.

I am down .4 today, to 168.4. Not huge, but I will gratefully take it!

Have a small challenge coming up tonight--our annual trip to the local Oktoberfest with Hallie and our friends, the Kelleys, and their daughters who are Hallie's age. We do it every fall, and we all usually drink a pretty hefty amount of beer, do lots of ridiculous dancing, build gigantic towers out of empty beer cups, and generally have a great, silly time. Someone always has to be the designated driver, and of course, that'll be me. However, the dinner options are VERY limited--just brats, kraut, potato pancakes and funnel cakes available. I'll just have to smuggle in something for me to eat in one of my gigantic purses, which luckily, I have quite a supply of!

Have a great Friday, everyone.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:40 AM   #822
Major LCF Poster!

I also love how your journal feels like one big group hug.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #823
Blabbermouth!!!

VERY unimpressive .2 loss today. My body seems to be struggling to break through 168. I actually took a "sack lunch" to Oktoberfest last night, and nary a drop of beer entered this body. I deserved a loss for that alone!
Old 10-01-2011, 11:35 AM   #824
Major LCF Poster!

stay the course, Sis...it is happening, it just hasn't finished happening yet.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:23 AM   #825
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, oh world of the Interwebz. I am up very early today (6:30--rough for a non-morning-person like me) and down .4, to 167.4! So while the losses are coming slowly in Week 2, they are still coming!

Today is World Communion Sunday, and along with millions all over the world, we will be celebrating with anthems and hymns from many countries, and breads from all over the world. (I had to come to terms years ago with eating bread on communion Sunday, no matter what plan I was on. Ha!) I have two choirs singing a combined children's/teen anthem, Santo, Santo, Santo. It's from Argentina--very beautiful.

Wishing youse guys a blessed Sunday!
Old 10-02-2011, 07:28 AM   #826
Major LCF Poster!

Joining you in Communion this morning after having oatmeal for breakfast. Guess we will see how THAT goes....
Old 10-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #827
Major LCF Poster!

I got to serve communion this am and actually partook, myself, for the first time since May. I'm not so into bread so it hasn't been that hard (and I usually get a blessing instead), but secretly I've been craving bread this week. What better way to get it out of my system?! Ha. I also did the children's sermon today. We made rain (snapping fingers, rubbing hands, slapping legs, clapping hands, stomping feet) to remember that not all parts of the world get so much rain. Kind of a rain dance for those who need more plants to eat. I'm feeling kind of crummy and avoiding writing a paper...and I just used your journal to tell about my day! One of the many reasons I love it here! I'm super excited that you weighed in LESS so EARLY! Holy smokes, were you shocked?

Read me
And also...
Old 10-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #828
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon bit View Post
I also did the children's sermon today. We made rain (snapping fingers, rubbing hands, slapping legs, clapping hands, stomping feet) to remember that not all parts of the world get so much rain. Kind of a rain dance for those who need more plants to eat.
This is such a neat idea--I'm stealing it!

As far as my weigh-in--I am SERIOUSLY trying to follow Pooti's suggestion and expect a great weigh-in every day (instead of expecting the worst!) So far, it really seems to be helping me. So no, I wasn't shocked!
Old 10-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #829
Major LCF Poster!

Jessica, if you get to do it with a group, do it like "the wave". I stood in front of the kids (they were on the chancel area at the front of the church, sitting). I started at one end and had them rub their hands together, then they kept it up while I moved to the other side. I told them to start doing it when I was standing in front of them. Then I started snapping, so the ones at the other end were still rubbing hands together while some started snapping. Etc, etc. The very very coolest thing was as I was leading the kids (had them stand at the highest step so the congregation could learn from them, and the kids watched me), I could hear the congregation doing it behind me and oh my gosh, it send chills up my spine. It sounded like a rainstorm was coming up on me. So very cool.

And I love that outlook!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #830
Blabbermouth!!!

Sheesh--I'm getting my numbers all jumbled up. I am 167.8, not .4. But maybe .4 tomorrow!

I just took Dave to the airport. Always come home and feel a tiny bit sad (but then I quickly recover--I'm kind of enjoying my time of bachelorette-hood--it's certainly given me the opportunity to REALLY work this plan and lose this weight--with no one to cook for or keep the wrong foods in the house for, etc.)

And another benefit--the DVR entirely to myself--so I think I'll toddle off and watch some recorded TV! Night, all.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:36 AM   #831
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: smile4menow222
Stats: 174.2/174.2/145
WOE: Low carb/Atkins
hi there...

So, I have stalked your journal for the last hour or so! LOL! I am desperate to lose this darn 30 lbs and am considering HCG. I am on a lot prescription meds for fibro and other stuff, will that affect my weightloss as I have read that you can't really do HCG if you are on scrips... argh!

What do ya think? It sounds like you have had some good success, CONGRATS!!!!

thanks,
Kathleen
Old 10-03-2011, 08:41 AM   #832
Major LCF Poster!

Kathleen, I was taking a fistful of prescription meds the whole time I was on HCG. I lost 41 lbs in 69 days and when my round was over, my Doc did bloodwork and I didn't need any of my meds anymore. I also took benadryl for my allergies, and used lotions, creams, and whatever cosmetics I was used to using. In the beginning of my round, I was taking a prescription dose of NSAID for my arthritis and inflammation. By the 2nd week of my round, I didn't need that AT ALL and so I quit taking it. Inflammation just disappears on this stuff.

I think you can probably do it just fine.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

I CAN HAVE THAT LATER
Old 10-03-2011, 08:46 AM   #833
Junior LCF Member

thanks!

do you think it depends on which HCG I do. Of course, being new here I am directed to the Intermountain HCG, which looks fine. It's cheaper than most I have seen, too? What do ya think?

I am hoping that once I lose this darn weight, I can reduce all the drugs I take. Of course, all of this weight was attributed to a nasty divorce and age... thanks to hormones!!!

arghhhhhh!

thanks, K...
Old 10-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #834
Major LCF Poster!

I don't really have a good take on that issue, K..HCG drops. Maybe someone can help with that
Old 10-03-2011, 09:44 AM   #835
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi, Kathleen, and welcome to my tiny corner of the Internet.

From what I've seen, all the major brands seem to work for people (and I've been reading every post in the hcg forum religiously since back in April or May, when I started considering trying this plan.) I'm using Vox pellets, but I have purchased a bottle of Intermountain and have them stashed away.

I take some prescription meds (blood pressure), and I have continued to take them since being on hcg. It is my hope that when I see my primary care doc, which should be in the next month or two, he will decide I don't need BP meds any more. (I'm not sure I ever really did--my blood pressure tests high-ish at the doctor's office, but normal at home. I have the so-called White Coat Syndrome, in spades!)

Personally, I can't encourage you strongly enough to give this hcg plan a try! I, too, am a lady of "a certain age" and seemed to have reached a point where NO plan, even my preferred Atkins plan at the lowest possible carb and calorie levels, seemed to have any impact on my weight. I was so far beyond frustrated there aren't really any words for it!

And then this wonderful thing actually WORKED, and worked fast. I'm just so happy to know that it wasn't ME--that it wasn't a failure of willpower or self-control on my part. In my heart, I knew that I'm a very disciplined dieter. I am not one to cheat on my plan, as those who know me here on LCF can testify to, and yet when I'd beg for input or help here at LCF in the main lobby, I'd always be told that it was probably carb creep, that I should cut out cheese or dairy or whatever. That led to this persistent, nagging sense of self-doubt--this feeling that if I could only DO IT RIGHT, I'd start losing again.

So I'm here to tell you--there's nothing wrong with you or your self-discipline. The problem is with the sluggish, middle-aged female metabolism, and there is an ANSWER for people like us!

Good luck to you, whatever plan you choose, and please feel free to chat all you want here on my journal--it's a friendly and supportive place!
Old 10-03-2011, 09:53 AM   #836
Junior LCF Member

Thank you, thank you! Another hour later... eeeeek! I'm still not so sure of this, but I figure I have nothing to lose but a few bucks! I don't eat as it is now and maybe this would help me eat! You know how you just get sick of food after trying to lose weight and such? I don't even really get hungry anymore, so I am thinking I can do the restricted calories. I love veggies and don't crave really anything. So... I am going to try it! I just need a swift kick in the scale to get me going!

Thanks for the info, from all of your journal entries, I can tell that we have the same "dieting" style... hee, hee...

It funny, I even googled each of the ingredients in the HCG and they are all herbal supplements for weight loss, so even if the claims on the web are correct (that these supplements don't have any of the real HCG hormone), the herbal side is fairly good. Hopefully, I don't start looking like a sheep! One of the herb is from sheep's intestines... hmmmm... baaaaaa.... LOL!

Congrats on your loss and keep up being healthy! You are an inspiration to many of us!

thanks again, k...
Old 10-03-2011, 10:02 AM   #837
Blabbermouth!!!

This morning's weigh-in report: down .4, to 167.4. Again, not huge, but I'll take it. If I have to whittle away these last couple of pounds in increments of .4 and .2, I'll do that!

I remarked already over on the Red Hot Girls thread, but I'll repeat it here--my losses on R2 have been nearly identical to my losses on R1--ten-ish pounds the first week and 3-ish pounds the second week. So there goes the theory that Round 2 is always a miserable bust!

Today, I have Lunch Monday with Hallie, and I also intend to get out all my Halloween decorations! I love fall!!
Old 10-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #838
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're doing great Jess! Sure hope I can mirror your success. I'm loading for my third P2 Saturday. I've had a heck of a time stabilizing this P3 I think because I got sick right after starting it. I'm hoping this round will see me stabilized like I did the first round. So I'll be saying hello to P2 while you're greeting P3.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:55 PM   #839
Blabbermouth!!!

Terri--how exciting! I have no doubt you'll kick butt, girl. I'll be rooting for you all the way, too. (Seems like I'm out of step with all my favorite LCF folks--always on a different cycle than most other people. I guess I march to my own drummer? )
Old 10-03-2011, 08:36 PM   #840
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Terri--how exciting! I have no doubt you'll kick butt, girl. I'll be rooting for you all the way, too. (Seems like I'm out of step with all my favorite LCF folks--always on a different cycle than most other people. I guess I march to my own drummer? )
I think friends on similar but different journeys are far more interesting!
Closed Thread