Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #751
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Rachel, what an absolutely marvelous thing you're working on. Diva and I are both musicians who work with kids (I'm more of an amateur, but she's a pro!) and I SO believe in the power of the arts to help people figure out who they really are and what they really feel.

I also have a very limited job--about a day and a half a week--but I love it and it's really just about enough for me.

I don't really use recipes for P2, but I have certain things I like to do regularly. Tonight I'm going to brown some 96/4 beef with cumin, onion powder, chili powder, garlic, etc., moisten it with some chicken broth, and then dump in a bag of finely shredded lettuce, for a sort of taco salad. I eat tons of lettuce and cabbage on P2 because they're bulky and seem to help stretch the sparse amount of protein we're allowed!

I also like to make a salad with chopped up chicken, chopped up apple, lettuce and celery and shake it up with a sweetened Dijon/ACV dressing.

Another thing I did a lot last round was thaw frozen cooked shrimp and eat it with a homemade cocktail sauce of tomato sauce, vinegar, liquid Splenda and horseradish.

I know what you mean about eating the same things every day, though--I did the same last time and probably will this time, too.

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal

Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2011, 05:48 PM   #752
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: helpingrachel
Stats: 167/ 162.4/140 5ft 8
WOE: NK
sometimes you have to call it like it is
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
She is a fine person and an excellent musician, but one of those "bossy ladies," to perhaps a comical degree. She tells EVERYBODY what to do, all the time. It NEVER occurs to her that she doesn't know best, on any and all subjects.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:33 PM   #753
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the ideas, I forgot about shrimp which I love and will work on a fish taco with cumin and lettuce and some lemon juice. I appreciate you insight on the arts. God can move powerfully thru them, as I have had the pleasure to witness. I love the work of Alfred Adler that says we are both the artist and the Canvas. Of course that came from God in terms of free will and choices and how we all are unique masterpieces.

Hope you have a peaceful night!

Quote:
Rachel, what an absolutely marvelous thing you're working on. Diva and I are both musicians who work with kids (I'm more of an amateur, but she's a pro!) and I SO believe in the power of the arts to help people figure out who they really are and what they really feel.

I also have a very limited job--about a day and a half a week--but I love it and it's really just about enough for me.

I don't really use recipes for P2, but I have certain things I like to do regularly. Tonight I'm going to brown some 96/4 beef with cumin, onion powder, chili powder, garlic, etc., moisten it with some chicken broth, and then dump in a bag of finely shredded lettuce, for a sort of taco salad. I eat tons of lettuce and cabbage on P2 because they're bulky and seem to help stretch the sparse amount of protein we're allowed!

I also like to make a salad with chopped up chicken, chopped up apple, lettuce and celery and shake it up with a sweetened Dijon/ACV dressing.

Another thing I did a lot last round was thaw frozen cooked shrimp and eat it with a homemade cocktail sauce of tomato sauce, vinegar, liquid Splenda and horseradish.

I know what you mean about eating the same things every day, though--I did the same last time and probably will this time, too.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:26 PM   #754
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh yum! A fish taco is a fantastic idea--perhaps eaten with a "shell" of a napa cabbage leaf! I'll work on that idea, too!
Old 09-20-2011, 11:42 PM   #755
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
jicama slice as the shell. just sayin'...
Old 09-21-2011, 07:57 AM   #756
Blabbermouth!!!

Nice....very nice.

And Pooti, so good to see you.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:52 AM   #757
Blabbermouth!!!

Weigh-in time--down 1.8, which brings me to 5 pounds for the first two days. Still a fraction of a pound over where I started Saturday morning, and a pound and a half from VFT. And VFT is where the real excitement will start!

I didn't do very well with water yesterday, so that will be a big goal today. Also feeling a little anxious about the efficacy of my pellets, after the kitty incident yesterday. We shall see...
Old 09-21-2011, 09:53 AM   #758
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Weigh-in time--down 1.8, which brings me to 5 pounds for the first two days. Still a fraction of a pound over where I started Saturday morning, and a pound and a half from VFT. And VFT is where the real excitement will start!

I didn't do very well with water yesterday, so that will be a big goal today. Also feeling a little anxious about the efficacy of my pellets, after the kitty incident yesterday. We shall see...
I'm still following along here and cheering for you! I'm enjoying doing hcg vicariously through your experience with it, and really looking forward to you getting down into the virgin weight loss territory too. Have a great day!
Old 09-21-2011, 11:44 AM   #759
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
You're off to a great start, Jess! I'm rootin' for ya!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 03:41 PM   #760
Blabbermouth!!!

Just ducking back in after hosting the book club meeting at my house. I managed to get everything cleaned and spiffed up just in the nick of time--was putting a tablecloth on my dining room table just as the doorbell rang (and I was actually dressed--always a good thing.) I just got all my china and sterling washed and put away. Glad to have that over. I stress about stuff like that.

The salad bar lunch that we always do worked great for me--I had romaine lettuce, cooked chicken, half a chopped apple (which I had stashed away for myself) and my homemade ACV/dijon dressing, so perfectly on plan, or POP, as they say.

And best of all--now I have a clean house (relatively...)!
Old 09-21-2011, 03:45 PM   #761
Blabbermouth!!!

Additional note: I don't feel hungry at all, and I've only had something like 250 cals today, so I guess my pellets were not rendered impotent by their big adventure yesterday.

Another thought--you know that feeling I said I missed about P2--that flat-belly, empty gut feeling? I have it! My waistband is so loose I have to keep hiking my pants up to keep them on. And that's fun!
Old 09-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #762

Quote:
Just ducking back in after hosting the book club meeting at my house. I managed to get everything cleaned and spiffed up just in the nick of time--was putting a tablecloth on my dining room table just as the doorbell rang (and I was actually dressed--always a good thing.) I just got all my china and sterling washed and put away. Glad to have that over. I stress about stuff like that.

The salad bar lunch that we always do worked great for me--I had romaine lettuce, cooked chicken, half a chopped apple (which I had stashed away for myself) and my homemade ACV/dijon dressing, so perfectly on plan, or POP, as they say.

And best of all--now I have a clean house (relatively...)!
Sounds like fun.

When I was a young woman, my mother told me to always plan two dinner parties back-to-back, each for a different group of friends. That way you only have to polish the silver once, one house cleaning binge will suffice for two days/evenings of entertaining, you only have to shop once to buy what you'll need for two parties because you prepare and serve the same menu for both occasions, and while you're doing prep work for the first dinner party, you can prep for the second one at the same time.

So for Friday evening and Saturday evening back-to-back parties, you get away with far less work, fulfill your social obligations with less fuss, and then you get to be the guest two or more times when everybody reciprocates!

Mother and Daddy did a lot of social entertaining, the house was always filled with flower arrangements and lots of laughter and good food. But I always thought that was such a good idea for having guests over!
Old 09-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #763
Blabbermouth!!!

VFT!! VFT!! VFT!! VFT!!

Ok, not by much, but STILL--I am 174 this morning, down 1.6 from yesterday, and the lowest I ever got was my LDW of 174.2! So I have entered a new land!!!!! I am SO BUZZED. I think in my heart, I was afraid maybe I couldn't get any lower, that this round was doomed to simply be maintenance. But ya know what--I think maybe I will be able to get to goal. Probably won't be easy, but I think it may be possible! Hooray!!!!
Old 09-22-2011, 10:19 AM   #764
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
I bet it falls off...you passed that naughty set point of yours in round 1. Unless you have another one of those lurking in your past, I bet this round goes easier for you.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #765
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Old 09-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #766
Big Yapper!

Quote:
VFT!! VFT!! VFT!! VFT!!

Ok, not by much, but STILL--I am 174 this morning, down 1.6 from yesterday, and the lowest I ever got was my LDW of 174.2! So I have entered a new land!!!!! I am SO BUZZED. I think in my heart, I was afraid maybe I couldn't get any lower, that this round was doomed to simply be maintenance. But ya know what--I think maybe I will be able to get to goal. Probably won't be easy, but I think it may be possible! Hooray!!!!
:yaho o: (<---- Can anybody tell me why that happens?)

That is a BIG DEAL! Wooohoooo! It's so fun to shed weight, isn't it? I'm right behind ya, girlfriend. I started taking the pellets again last night so today is my first full day of "P2". I'm a roguer so it bears little resemblence to Simeon's.

I did some back-pedaling while I was being naughty so it will be a while before I'm back to my low weight (that I was at for all of one day) of 159.2. But I will see it again soon!

I hope this round treats you well!
Old 09-22-2011, 01:54 PM   #767
Senior LCF Member

Great job! You are rock'in it!
Old 09-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #768
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the support, girls!

Cheryl, I am SO glad to hear you're back on plan. It worked so amazingly well for you before--can hardly wait to see how you do this time!
Old 09-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #769

Fabulous news! Woo Hoo!
Old 09-22-2011, 04:31 PM   #770
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Jessica. We will see just how far we can ride this train! I want to see just how good being slim feels. I've gotten glimpses, now I want it ALL!
Old 09-23-2011, 09:12 AM   #771
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, joy, joy, joy! Down another 1.2 this morning, to 172.8, and FIRMLY into VFT now. I'm just in shock--I can hardly believe it. I don't even know the last time my weight was in this range--had to be the mid 1990s, though!

I guess any questions I had about my pellets are now resolved. So even when the new Intermountain ones get here, I probably won't even open them till my Vox bottle is gone. Maybe I'll just save them for some future occasion (not that I'm planning to regain the weight--heaven forfend!!!)

This round has been FAR easier and more pleasant than R1. I have had absolutely zero hunger AT ALL. Like no thoughts of food or meals. I don't know if I'm still coasting on my massive load from last weekend, or if it's that I now kind of understand what it feels like to have an empty tummy/gut, and it's more of a "normal" feeling for me, or just what it is. But I won't question--I'll just be grateful.

I am off to play bridge this morning. No worries about accidentally snacking on nuts or candy--because I am NOT a bit interested in food this week!

Later, friends!
Old 09-23-2011, 11:24 AM   #772
Big Yapper!

Yippee! So glad you are on cloud 9! Have fun today.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #773
Major LCF Poster!

I'm thinking I'm right and you're going to have a SPECTACULAR round. I bet every crummy moment you had in R1 was about that dumb set point. I think you're home free on this thing, Miss Jess!

HAVE FUN WITH IT!!!
Old 09-23-2011, 02:12 PM   #774

Woot, again!
Old 09-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #775
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you, friends. I had a super nice day--kicked SERIOUS butt at bridge, had a nice, POP lunch with my best friend (plain green salad, plain grilled chicken on top. Had an apple later at home.) I went to AAA and resolved a problem I'd been struggling with with the DMV for about four months, and they fixed it in literally four minutes. Now I have a fun weekend ahead--OSU watch party, lunch with old friend, etc.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:01 AM   #776
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, world! I weighed in down another 1.0, to 171.8. I'm getting close to the 160s, my goal decade, and boy am I getting excited about that. I don't think ANYTHING on earth could make me go off-plan at this point! I am still experiencing NO hunger, no light-headedness or mild dizziness like I did in Round 1. I don't know the reason, but I'm certainly delighted about it. In fact, I feel GREAT! (I feel the best I have ever felt in my life when I was pregnant, so I just wonder if it's the hcg? But then, maybe it's just losing all that extra baggage [if I may steal from the title of Heidi's blog]!)

I'm starting to think about having Hallie take an "after" photo of me. I hate having my picture taken and am one of those people who is always caught in some bizarre facial expression in any candid shot--one eye 3/4 open and the other eye 3/4 shut, mouth twisted into some bizarre shape, etc. And posed shots, I freeze like a deer in the headlights! So this is going to take some doing! At least I have this going for me--I have TONS of grossly unflattering "befores" for contrast!

I have a busy day--lunch with an old friend and my beloved little neighborhood counter service Mexican place. I've been going in there weekly for 15 years, and they know Dave, the kids, my mother, etc., and ask for everyone by name. Anyhoo, they will make me whatever I want, regardless of what's on the menu, so I'll probably get a big salad with some steak picado-- skirt steak, onion and tomatoes-- on top. Or maybe some shrimp prepared in the same manner--lower fat. Will it be "mixing vegetables"? Yeah, but it'll work well enough.

Next is an OSU watch party at a bar in Newport Beach. For that one, I'll order club soda with lime and no appetizers. Hallie's going with me, and she can order some food on our behalf! Cross your fingers for my beloved Pokes. We are number 7 in the polls, playing number 8 Texas Aggies (my daddy's alma mater) at their house, and they are favored to win this one. Gonna be a very tough game for us, but I think we have a chance if we don't make mistakes.

Have a good one, ladies!
Old 09-24-2011, 10:40 AM   #777
Major LCF Poster!

Yo chica! You are only 6.8 lbs away from GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #778
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Jess, you can always cut your head out of pictures. We love your beautiful face, though. I have bad face days and therefore show only the next down. It's a beautiful thing.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:13 PM   #779
Big Yapper!

My Mom is the same way you are, when it comes to pictures. It's like a nervous response. The moment she sees a camera pointed in her direction, she starts talking. I always bring it up to her and she acts innocent or unaware of it every time. It gets annoying sometimes.

We are all looking forward to those pics; headless or not! You're doing so great, Jessica. I'm really proud of you.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:24 PM   #780
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon bit View Post
Jess, you can always cut your head out of pictures. We love your beautiful face, though. I have bad face days and therefore show only the next down. It's a beautiful thing.
Great idea, Heidi! (And my friend, I have never seen you have a "bad face day"!) (Then again, who posts bad photos on the internet? ) And Cheryl, I think you are absolutely right-- the fact that I am nearly always chattering is exactly why I've come up with some freaky odd photos! What can I say--I'm "talky."

My Pokes had a GREAT day, and we had so much fun at the watch party. And I did just what I said--club soda only! And at lunch, I had them make me a plain lettuce salad with chopped chicken and chopped fresh tomatoes. So no worries, except probably a lot of sodium.

Have a good evening, friends.
Closed Thread