Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2011, 12:49 PM   #721
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Good day, my friends. (Too late for "good morning," even here on the Left Coast!)

I'm mobbed today getting organized for my ice cream social, as well as baking two big batches of cookies for the grown-up choir kick-off tonight. (No--I did NOT sample! )

I did want to note that I'm down a half pound and back in my window today--barely--so my plan will be to continue to push the water really hard and to eat very low carb today. I hope that'll get me a bit lower and back into normal territory tomorrow. With loading looming for me this weekend, I don't want to start off already elevated, ya know? If by some chance tomorrow's weigh-in is back up, I will definitely do a correction day, and then maybe move my loading days to Sunday and Monday. However, I feel that I've been very, very stable--only correcting twice in a month of P3 is pretty good, I think. So I'm not terribly concerned.

Ok, off to arrange a cookie platter, load my car down with junk, and roll off towards my big first choir day!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal

Last edited by verbqueen; 09-15-2011 at 12:51 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #722
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, is that a new big grin smiley up there ^^^^?

I like it!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #723
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
You're doing so great! So proud of you!
Old 09-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #724
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, friends. Another crazy busy day for me, and a crazy busy weekend coming up. But I want to make sure I post every day, even if it's 9:00 at night.

Anyway, I was back up out of my window again today, so I did a steak correction day. Hope it works. I'm planning to load tomorrow and Sunday, assuming tomorrow's weigh-in looks normal. If I'm still up, I guess I'll correct again and load Sunday and Monday.

I have a music training thing in the morning, which means I'll have to weigh in early, which means I'll weigh more, so...not good. We'll just see how it all works out.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:11 PM   #725
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
My weekend is nuts too. Have a good one. I made some P3 friendly pizza tonight so at least I'll have something to eat until the next time I get to cook.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:32 AM   #726
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, world!

I weighed in (at 6:45--arghhh!) at a comfortable 174.6, back in my normal place, and that settled it--I took my pellets and waited 20 minutes before I had my coffee and what was meant to be a large, loading style breakfast. Alas, I burned the dickens out of my toaster waffles, so ended up having peanut butter on Sara Lee Delightful toast, plus bacon, so it was a lower carb breakfast than I'd ideally have chosen! Hahaha.

Dave is home this weekend, and we'll be going out for lots of meals, so it should be a nice time to be loading. I will start my VLCDs on Monday, and I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Deb and Cheryl and Heidi (and all my other nice journal buddies), my apologies for being so scarce this week. I've missed your companionship. Next week should be MUCH better!

And now, off to my Chorister's Guild training! (And they will have muffins, and I will eat one!)
Old 09-17-2011, 10:13 AM   #727
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB

Jessica is Jazzed Now! (Her unofficial journal thread title.) R2! May it be as amazing for you as round 1 was, and may you reach your ultimate goal of those last 9-10 lbs!

We've missed you but we understand. So glad Dave is home this weekend! Great time to LOAD and live it up! There just aren't enough hours in the day on loading days, don't you agree?

Please do try and post a quick quip daily so we can keep up-to-date with your goings-on. We Wuv Wooo.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #728
Major LCF Poster!

woo hoo...loading
Old 09-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #729
Blabbermouth!!!

Aaaagghhhhh. Half a day in and I'm sick of eating already. I feel like my gut is poking out like I'm 4 months pregnant.

I'm kinda looking forward to returning to that "pared down," flat-belly feeling of P2.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:39 PM   #730
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dbunny
Stats: 5'10"
WOE: Atkins ~ HCG
See you in P2~ I am in week one I got too full as well. I really wanted to gorge, but didn't due to being so full!
Old 09-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #731
Major LCF Poster!

What's your loading menu been?
Old 09-17-2011, 08:18 PM   #732
Big Yapper!

Enjoy it for what it's worth, VQ. I know what you mean, though. Enjoy the variety and not so much quantity. If you're going to be miserable, that takes all the fun out of it.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:21 AM   #733
Blabbermouth!!!

OK--I must've loaded VERY well, because I was up 5.4 pounds this morning! Holy smokes!

And now it begins--3 more weeks of VLCD. I've taken my morning pellets and am drinking coffee. I need to get to the grocery store for supplies, but I do have a few packets of chicken and beef still measured out in the freezer.

Fun, fun, fun....
Old 09-19-2011, 08:30 AM   #734
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: helpingrachel
Stats: 167/ 162.4/140 5ft 8
WOE: NK
I just loaded over the weekend and today is VLCD Day one for me. Is this the daily thread where I can post my up and downs and journey of HCG? I lost 22 2 years ago and kept it off for a very long time and now, well......I back on the wagon from straying off the course. If I should be posting somewhere else, just let me know Good luck on your round or rather, good intentional choosing on your round, wishing you much success. All I know is that I succeed with others who have the same or similar goals and from support. It is interesting how God designs us to need one another to transform from old to new......
Old 09-19-2011, 08:49 AM   #735
Major LCF Poster!

get it, Girlfriend!
Old 09-19-2011, 08:58 AM   #736
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi, Rachel, and welcome! First--you can post on this journal any time! We can be VLCD buddies together!

But also, there's a whole folder of HCG threads for you to post in at THIS link: HCG threads.

The HCG people are very kind and welcoming, and any thread will you choose will be great--but you're especially welcome to join the one that Diva and I call home, the Red Hot HCG girls thread!
Old 09-19-2011, 09:02 AM   #737
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpingrachel View Post
Good luck on your round or rather, good intentional choosing on your round, wishing you much success. All I know is that I succeed with others who have the same or similar goals and from support. It is interesting how God designs us to need one another to transform from old to new......
Rachel, in my rush to point you to the many nice places there are to post about your journey, I didn't respond to this, but I wanted to be sure to say YES, YES, YES!

I fully and gratefully acknowledge that without the amazing love and support I have received from my beloved weight loss friends right here on this message board, I'd never have been able to do this, and I fully expect to continue to rely on their support FOREVER to keep the weight off (and that's the real trick, as we all know.) I know with all my heart that God gave me the gift of these wonderful people so that we could mutually support each other along the way!

Again, welcome!
Old 09-19-2011, 04:41 PM   #738
Blabbermouth!!!

Man, I am sliding back into P2 like I never left at all. Dave and I took Hallie out to lunch (I mean, it IS Monday, after all!) before taking him to the airport. When I got up this morning, I cooked 100 g. of chicken in my nonstick skillet and popped it in a baggie to smuggle into the restaurant, chopped half an apple and popped that in there too along with some homemade dressing--almost on autopilot. I hope this is a sign that this is going to be easy! ON another note, I've been peeing like mad all day. I actually had to stop on the way home from LAX and use the ladies room in a Carl's Jr. I sorta forgot how extremely diuretic VLC dieting is...
Old 09-19-2011, 05:01 PM   #739
Big Yapper!

I didn't know about that "Red Hot Hcg" thread! So THAT'S where you girls go to really play! I knew you weren't much into the rogue thread and I am never on the Simeon's threads, so this is all making sense now.

Rock it, Ms Jessica!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:48 PM   #740
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the warm welcome! I will share here. I have been praying for Noah as I live in town he is getting treatment and know some of the Med. center cancer doctors. Not sure if he has the one's that I know. Today was a clean VLCD day one, 2 apples, 2 lettuce salads and one portion of chicken and one portion of steak. I do have coffee with 2 T. of unsweetened almond milk. I am planning on succeeding this full 21 days, I do have a women's retreat at my Lakehouse this weekend. Cooking for all of them, but will pre-plan.

I will check out the other thread also, but Hello to all the other Awesome women on this thread!
Old 09-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #741
Major LCF Poster!

Jessica, I am really excited to see where this round takes you. You may convert me, yet!

I just had a stupidly rough day. I was drained before it even began. Blarg. I blogged about it...one of the links down below...but I may have used a few bad words in there. :P
Old 09-19-2011, 07:49 PM   #742
Major LCF Poster!

Poor Heidi! I'm sorry you've had a rough day!

Jess...sounds like you're getting rid of your load weight today at Carl's
Old 09-20-2011, 01:40 AM   #743
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon bit View Post
Jessica, I am really excited to see where this round takes you. You may convert me, yet!

I just had a stupidly rough day. I was drained before it even began. Blarg. I blogged about it...one of the links down below...but I may have used a few bad words in there. :P
I just read your blog, friend, and it tore my heart. Wish you lived near here and I could come get you and your kids and just take you all to Disneyland or some wonderful place that would make it all go away for a day, or even an hour...
Old 09-20-2011, 09:00 AM   #744
Blabbermouth!!!

Down 3.2 this morning, and 1.2 pounds out of my Round 1 window. Still 3.2 from VFT (virgin fat territory), but I"ll get there. Had a super easy day yesterday--no hunger at all. We'll see how I do today.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:10 AM   #745
Major LCF Poster!

good work, Jess! My freer and easier time is over. If I disappear for any length of time, know it's that and not lack of interest in people here. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to pop in at least during breakfast most days.

love to one and all!
Old 09-20-2011, 01:14 PM   #746
Blabbermouth!!!

I totally understand, Deb--I'm going to be having lot of weeks like that, too. We'll always have our "special summer" of weight loss and new friendships to look back on, even if things will be a little different during the fall and winter months!

We had a good and productive staff meeting today, and now I'm at home having a bowl of P2 chili (add that to my "chili count," Heidi! )

Next on my agenda today is going shopping for a scratching post for my new grand-cat! Hallie got a REALLY CUTE black kitten yesterday--her first cat of her very own. She is SO excited. She named him Maurice. He's an older kitten, about 5 to 6 months--one of those lanky, slinky lean style cats. The cat rescue group she got him from thanked her copiously for taking a black kitty. Apparently, they are harder to find homes for. That seems so strange to me--surely people aren't superstitious still about black cats?

Anyway, Maurice is darling and Hallie is so very happy to have him. But he needs a scratching post/climbing toy to help keep him entertained when she isn't there, and that's where I come in!

Tomorrow, I'm having my book club meeting here. My house is pretty dirty, (my cleaning lady injured her hand and didn't come last week) so I have to dust the living and family rooms and clean my floors today--will wait and scrub down the guest bathroom (my cats like to play in the toilet and make a mess) and kitchen tomorrow.

It's a lunch group, but we do what we call a salad bar lunch--the hostess provides a big bowl of salad greens and an assortment of dressings, and people bring everything else. We never know quite what we'll get, so it's kind of fun. (And it'll work out great for my diet--I'll just make sure I have a few P2-approved items stashed for myself to add to my plate of lettuce, and I'll be just fine!)

I'm worrying already about my weekly Thursday night working dinner with my boss. She's super nosy about what I eat, anyway (she's been on Weight Watchers since the dawn of time...), and has always been pretty disapproving of low carbing ("what does your DOCTOR think about eating all that fat"...) Lord only knows what she'd say about hcg, but I'm not going to tell her anything about it. She already raised an eyebrow when I ate a bagel with cream cheese at the music meeting we attended Saturday morning! I explained to her that the plan I'm following now involves cycling calories up and down, which is true, though a lot more down than up! So that's all I'm going to say. I'll have to order a side salad and take my own stuff to put in/on it, because there's really nothing else I can have that I can be sure isn't doctored with fat! But other than that, I don't have too many other "eating occasions" to worry about, I don't think.

UPDATE: my blankety-blank cat just pushed my bottle of pellets to the floor, where the lid broke and every pellet went flying out all over the house. I tried to pick them up with a spatula and a piece of paper so I wouldn't have to touch them, and it took me a half hour. Who knows if they'll still work after rolling all over my floor, so I'm off to order more pellets. I don't think I can get this kind (Vox) any more, so I'll have to get a different kind.

I AM ANGRY!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 01:43 PM   #747
Blabbermouth!!!

I just ordered Intermountain from Nutrition. Hope they'll work as well as the Vox has. I will just keep taking what I've got and hope for the best until they get here.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #748
Senior LCF Member

Sorry to hear about your kitty messing with your plan. The good news you have new ones on the way. Great job with you losses. I am down 2.1 and hope to pick up momentum. I need to write my 7 day plan as I tend to check out on food and just eat the same old things over and over. I work 2 days a week in an elementary school and am developing an
women's group that fosters growth and change using art exercises. A dream come true for me to help others learn from their past and re-author new pathways. I am writing and designing material with a gifted counselor. I hope to launch a website in 8 weeks.

What are some of your favorite recipes?
Old 09-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #749
Major LCF Poster!

We're on our second black cat. They are the best Except for that part about the pellets, of course

WHAT IS UP WITH YOUR BOSS? sheesh...I don't think I'd be all that nice about that!
Old 09-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #750
Blabbermouth!!!

She is a fine person and an excellent musician, but one of those "bossy ladies," to perhaps a comical degree. She tells EVERYBODY what to do, all the time. It NEVER occurs to her that she doesn't know best, on any and all subjects.
Closed Thread