Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2011, 03:49 PM   #691
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
HAVE FUN IN BEAUTIFUL COLORADO! Hug an Aspen for me! Pics!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2011, 09:09 AM   #692
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
Hi gals, I'm about to head out the door but wanted to call your attention to this: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...rries-kid.html
Old 09-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #693
Big Yapper!

Holy smokes! I forgot Jessica went to CO. Good timing! I hear there's a terrible power outage affecting the San Diego area and parts of AZ. So glad she's not affected by that whole mess. They don't know when it will be up and running again. I haven't heard one reason for the problems, either.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:07 PM   #694
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by privatediva View Post
Hi gals, I'm about to head out the door but wanted to call your attention to this: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...rries-kid.html
I'm back, and waiting for Hallie to pick me up at the OC airport. I got a Bronco's cap for Noah. Hope someone else hasn't already bought one!

My visit was fun, but incredibly frustrating in the eating/weight department. I never went off plan, but had an impossible time getting in more than a thousand calories a day, and gained a half pound every day. Btw, I took my new travel scale and it worked great. Although, really what was the point, I suppose. (I was staying with friends and had very narrow options for food.) I find that so incredible--gaining weight on 900 calories a day. So freaking weird....

More later--typing on my iPad is too slow!

Yogurt day tomorrow, obviously. We'll see how real my gain was.

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 09-10-2011, 03:20 PM   #695
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Maybe when you actually get home and get a chance to weight in on your own scale in the morning you will find the weight gain isn't as much as you are thinking. Different scales, etc.

But I know you'll get it melted right back off quickly. Glad your visit was fun.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:17 PM   #696
Major LCF Poster!

Good to see you back, Jess! What Pat said about the trip weight. You'll be back in gear super-fast (and may be in better shape than you think).

I'm enjoying day 1 of P3. Amazing!
Old 09-11-2011, 07:36 AM   #697
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning, friends. I missed you--seriously. I have so much affection for my "invisible friends" here on LCF--I may not get to see you face to face, but I feel like we see each other heart to heart. It's a very real and very precious human connection!

I'm sort of...stunned at my weigh-in this morning--175.0, easily in my window and fully two pounds less than yesterday. (SoHappy and Deb, you called it, girls!) So no correction day needed--just another glorious day of low carb eating! Today is the first day of my fourth week of P3, so I could move on soon if I want. Not sure--gotta dig in and see what I feel about what should be the next step.

I had a very eventful week, and have much to tell, but no time to do it now. Singing in a 9/11 commemoration at the Richard Nixon library and museum this morning. So I'm skipping church, but I STILL had to get up and weigh in super early. I just can't seem to avoid that on Sunday, can I?

I'll be back later, and then I will look on and all your journals and posts and find out what's up with everyone!
Old 09-11-2011, 07:37 AM   #698
Blabbermouth!!!

P.S. Pat! I'm really glad to have a name for you! Now I won't type accidental naughty words that start with "SH" any more!!
Old 09-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #699

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
P.S. Pat! I'm really glad to have a name for you! Now I won't type accidental naughty words that start with "SH" any more!!
That was funny! I'm LOLing about it, just remember it.

Glad to hear that your weight has maintained so beautifully these days, even on your trip, and with little effort on your part. Get out of your maintenance range a bit... correct a smidge... and you're good to go. It's just a little bit like being on one of those balance boards, but truly, very easy to do if you weigh in each morning and make any needed correction right then and there. That way you don't do the *weigh only once a month* thing and find out that you are in some serious trouble! Most of us here at LCF have the tendency to pack on weight at lightening speed, and it just is so much easier to correct a bit now, rather than find you have many, many regained pounds to lose once again because you haven't even been aware that you were gaining that much!

I'm really happy for you and proud of what you've accomplished. I would wish you continued good luck, but I know that you don't need it, and *luck* doesn't have anything to do with it anyway. You did what it took. You made it happen. You set to it and followed your plan and didn't allow yourself to falter. You made your own luck!
Old 09-11-2011, 04:55 PM   #700
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I'm really happy for you and proud of what you've accomplished. I would wish you continued good luck, but I know that you don't need it, and *luck* doesn't have anything to do with it anyway. You did what it took. You made it happen. You set to it and followed your plan and didn't allow yourself to falter. You made your own luck!
What SHE said!
Old 09-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #701
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 147/143/128
WOE: LC
Welcome home Jess, Great job on the road!!
Old 09-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #702
Blabbermouth!!!

Terri, thanks friend!

I weighed 174.6 this a.m., down a half pound since yesterday after eating a glorious 2000+ calories, including a lovely lunch out with my two kids where I had shrimp kabobs with drawn butter!

I am a skeptic. Everything I ever read about this metabolism-resetting business, about how you have to eat ENOUGH calories in P3 and you'll regain if you eat too little, etc., sounded like Internet legend BS to me, and caused me to groan and roll my eyes. But...

It's TRUE. The higher my calories, the better I do. I can hardly believe it, but there you have it--for me, at least, that's how it is.

And now I'm thinking that since I seem to be quite, quite stable, it may be time to move on. I'm contemplating loading this weekend and starting R2 next week. I'm filled with anxiety that it might not work, that my success with R1 was a one-time fluke, etc., but I'll never know until I try.

So I referred earlier to lots of stuff going on in my world. Monday, Labor Day, as I was packing for my trip to Denver on Tuesday, I got a phone call from Adam, the young man you've seen me refer to before--my kids' best, best friend in the world (they were inseparable in high school, spent every minute of every break together in college--he even flew out to Oklahoma to visit them at OSU when they were out of state for college, etc.) He is like my other son--so dearly beloved to me. He spends one week a month here in Orange County for his job, and stays with me because his folks have a one-room place with nowhere for him to sleep (long story, but they lost a devastating business-related lawsuit and lost their home and everything they had...)

Anyway, Adam had called to tell me his father died in his sleep during the night Sunday night--only 55 years old and seemingly in excellent health. (An autopsy was done--no answers yet.) So I spent Monday getting all my bedrooms ready and some food and supplies stocked, picking Adam and his fiancee, Jennie, whom I'd never met, up at the airport. The next day, Tuesday, my daughter had to take me to the airport to leave for Denver and then turn around 2 hours later and pick her brother UP at the airport so he could be here this week to support Adam.

I hesitated about canceling my trip, but as of when I left, a funeral had not even been set up yet. (Plus, I figured with my bedroom empty, that would be another place Adam's family/friends could stay, if needed.) I ultimately decided to go, and so I ended up getting back home Saturday right in the middle of the funeral. Hallie slipped away early, picked me up at the airport, and the two of us got to the reception just as it was beginning. THEN, if that weren't enough, my season matinee tickets to the OC performing arts center's broadway series were ALSO supposed to be that afternoon. I was able to switch them, but only to the evening performance. So Hallie and I had to leave the funeral reception and go straight to the theater--the seats are $100 apiece, so you can't just not go without feeling terrible about it. I finally got home for the first time at 11 Saturday night, and had to be at the Nixon museum early the next morning for the 9/11 performance.

And if you read this far, you have far more patience than I deserve! Hahahaha!

So today, for Ian and me, it's sleep late, lunch out, meet Hallie for dinner, and then to the airport. And then for me, bed EARLY tonight!

Last edited by verbqueen; 09-12-2011 at 10:08 AM..
Old 09-12-2011, 10:16 AM   #703
Major LCF Poster!

oh my goodness...that poor young man. You are my light in this P3 biz...but I'm starting to believe...it's pretty amazing this stuff. I am 1 lb under LDW after 2 days. I thought sure I would be up after yesterday as I (against the advice of those who have gone before and know more than I do) couldn't stay away from some nuts. I just had this overwhelming craving...it was the first "I need to eat that" moment I've had since I started this whole thing. I fought it until after dinner. Then I just decided I was going to go ahead...one day in my life, and see if it screwed me up. I had about a Tblsp of no sugar added Sun Butter and a few macadamia nuts in some GY around 8 pm last night. Woke up down a pound. My calorie total for the day was in the 1800-1900 range with Shelby's pct suggestions right on the nose. Craziest thing I have ever seen!

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

I CAN HAVE THAT LATER
Old 09-12-2011, 10:17 AM   #704
Blabbermouth!!!

Girl, I STILL can't believe it! But it's TRUE! So believe, and enjoy!
Old 09-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #705

You've been living inside a whirlwind lately, it sound like! Hope you get to take a breather for a spell, with nothing else happening for awhile.

Thrilled to hear about your joy at eating in the 2,000-calorie level without weight gain. I think Dr. Atkins said that as long as we didn't eat many carbs, we wouldn't gain any weight, even eating higher calories, and I do think it works that way for most folks. You are proof that that holds true for you. It's nice to be able to count on it! (Of course, most here forgot he also said if you are eating too many calories, even if you are eating low carb, you probably won't lose weight either. LOL)

I definitely know that my metabolism is working at a higher level than it did before JUDDD, and although JUDDD only holds to the low calories every other day, and then the high opposing days, that seemed to work some magic too.

You sound like you are ready to do your R2. And I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you, but I just can't see why it wouldn't result in the same great weight loss that you obtained on your first round! Woo Hoo!
Old 09-13-2011, 10:34 AM   #706
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, world. Sheesh, I had a hard time finding my journal this morning--I was on Page 2! I guess that means there are LOTS of very active journals here on LCF right now, and that's great!

I weighed in up a pound to 175.6. I expected it, since both lunch and dinner were at restaurants yesterday, with my sweet boy. I'm missing him today--very quiet in my house.

I shall apply myself to flushing out the extra sodium today, and I'm sure I"ll be ok tomorrow.

In other news, I am having a MAJOR, major TOM right now. As I've mentioned, my body has "threatened" a few times in recent weeks with some spotting and cramping, but this is a full-on TOM, with all the gory details. I even had to take some ibu yesterday because I was very uncomfortable. (And that always makes me retain water.) I'm not really surprised, figured it was coming. No one just gently slides into menopause, as I had, up to now, without a few surprise visits from the unpleasant past...

My world is going to crank back up to fully active status this week--my choirs all resume this week, plus my women's club and other regular activities. Wont' be able to park on LCF all day every day like I have all summer. I'll miss it--it's been a pleasant interlude for me, and how great is it to end a summer 20 pounds lighter than I started it!!

Last edited by verbqueen; 09-13-2011 at 10:35 AM..
Old 09-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #707
Major LCF Poster!

Next week is the week when I get scarce. We start rehearsals, so I will likely have a hard time finding time. What are you thinking about R2?
Old 09-13-2011, 03:30 PM   #708
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm thinking I will load Saturday and Sunday and begin VLCDs on Monday, Deb. I don't have any big trips or eating-oriented events coming up and the holiday season is still pretty far out into the future, so it seems like as good a time as any! I was eye-balling P2 foods in Trader Joe's this afternoon--96/4 beef and apples, haha. But I decided that could wait a bit--no need to buy this far ahead!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #709
Major LCF Poster!

sounds like a good plan! I will shut the heck up about my food when you start again.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #710
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Jessica, I meant to tell you that I started this really bad craving for apples the other day. I'm off apples. BUT, it was "A" week in my preschool class and one of my students brought me an entire bag on Monday, picked straight from the apple orchard. It made me wonder if an apple day would work for me. HA. Or at least get rid of my craving! LOL Anyway, made me think of you...also, what in the WORLD will I do with his bag of apples, PLUS the bag his cousin brought me (also in my class)? YIKES! I gave one to my daughter. She devoured it, seeds and all. Love that girl!

Read me
And also...
Old 09-13-2011, 05:41 PM   #711
Big Yapper!

Nice to see you ladies again! I'm sorry for being MIA lately. Jessica, sorry you are having TOM with a vengence. His days are numbered and he knows it! I hope you are able to lose the water weight without having to do a CD. Good luck on your second round!

Deb, it's going to seem so weird with the both of you posting much less often, due to your busy schedules. Do throw us a bone from time to time so we can keep in touch!
Old 09-13-2011, 08:01 PM   #712
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I hope you are able to lose the water weight without having to do a CD. Good luck on your second round!
Luckily, I'm still well within my window, at least at this point, so no correction yet. If I should end up needing one, I am well supplied with both yogurt and steak, though!
Old 09-13-2011, 08:23 PM   #713
Major LCF Poster!

I will stop in as often as I can. Probably can check in most mornings during breakfast. I love breakfast
Old 09-14-2011, 09:28 AM   #714
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatediva View Post
I will stop in as often as I can. Probably can check in most mornings during breakfast. I love breakfast
Yep--I eat my beloved Greek yogurt with strawberries at the computer every morning--a cherished ritual, and one I will continue. Also, not much of a TV watcher, so I tend to surf the web at night instead of parking in front of the tube, so I imagine I'll still be here plenty--just maybe at slightly different times!

I'm up another full pound today. Can't correct today because I have a big club luncheon to attend today--one for which I paid $25 for my meal! I'll eat cautiously and then correct tomorrow, if necessary. I haven't eaten badly, so I doubt this is an actual fat gain, but more likely some kind of fluid retention issue. I had Thai food for lunch yesterday--possibly some MSG, definitely some sodium!
Old 09-14-2011, 11:17 AM   #715
Major LCF Poster!

mmm...I love Thai! Jess...I ate 2000 calories yesterday and lost another half pound. It is the nuttiest thing I have ever seen. I even upped my carbs yesterday...had about 45 because I ate some SF applesauce with my sausage and eggs. If this continues, I think we've got a certifiable miracle here.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #716
Big Yapper!

Nice, Deb! WTG! Jessica, I think you are right-on about the msg. That stuff makes me retain fluid terribly. I had to stop eating my beloved microwave pork rinds because they have msg. I was really into those, too.

Enjoy your luncheon! You'll do fine. Just steer clear of the more complicated foods and keep it simple.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:13 PM   #717
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 147/143/128
WOE: LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Just steer clear of the more complicated foods and keep it simple.
I'm learning the importance of this phase alone!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #718
Blabbermouth!!!

The lunch was a southwest chicken salad. It had a few black beans in it, which I did not intentionally pick out because they were too small to do so in an inconspicuous way! They shouldn't hurt me, though. Dinner will be my ever-reliable NY strip and a green salad with bleu cheese. We'll see how the weight looks tomorrow, and if it's still up, I'll do a steak day. (I'd prefer to do yogurt, but Thursday is choir day, and that means a planning meeting over dinner with my boss, so I'll have to get something restaurant-available. Luckily, we nearly always go to Polly's, a local version of something like Denny's, so a plain piece of steak will be easily available.)

Tonight's agenda is writing out a lesson plan for my first intermediate choir meeting tomorrow! We will mostly introduce ourselves--I have a singing game for that--and then probably do some fun rounds and maybe some "ring 'n' sing" with handchimes. So no SERIOUS planning will be required--yet! And I'll have to compose a letter for the parents in which I will find a subtle way to gently pressure them into NOT MISSING REHEARSALS--always a challenge. Our rehearsal will be ended with our annual fall ice cream social--a build-your-own sundae bar. I am NOT above using food to bribe children into coming to choir. Once I get 'em there, I can hook 'em!!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #719
Major LCF Poster!

yup yup! My kids have to be at rehearsals or they get the ax (or a bad grade). BUT...I use food to bribe them to excel It started with Into The Woods. I got an enormous thing of Jelly Belly Jelly Beans (because Jack plants magic beans, of course) and the singer who was the best leader each rehearsal got a scoop of beans. With Sweeney Todd it was those nasty little Bama pecan pies (meat pies...ew ) which they really WANTED...maybe just because it was such a nasty idea. I don't know what I'll use this time. Something German perhaps. I think Gummi Bears are German (the Haribo kind) and Ritter Sport bars (like Twix). I also think you can get chocolate Euros. That would be kind of funny.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:40 PM   #720
Blabbermouth!!!

Alas, you can't kick anybody out of a church choir, so food bribery is all I have left...

Did you know those Bama pies are made in Tulsa? And I love the little suckers, not that I've had, or even seen, one in years!
Closed Thread