Old 09-04-2011, 02:33 PM   #661
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Woo Hoo!

You are doing great. Looks like 2,000 calories is working for you with very little correction needed.

What level of carbs are you able to eat at this calorie level? Do you have to stay at very low carb, or are you adding in some of the high carb foods, or higher-rung-on-the-ladder stuff yet?

This is so exciting. Happy Sunday morning!
SH, yesterday I ended up eating 2200 calories, but not many carbs. I think total was 32, but a lot of that was from an avocado, and they have a ton of fiber, so net was about 15 or 16. However, generally, my net carbs have been in the 30s, sometimes 40. It's hard to eat a whole lot of carbs when you can't have any starch (as far as I can tell, that pretty well eliminates nuts, which are quite starchy...)

You can eat P2 fruits, so I've had a few apples and blueberries and strawberries. That's pretty much what's pushing me up above VLC on the carbs.

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2011, 03:28 PM   #662
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Yes, SH! It is actually quite similar, which is why I think an eventual return to JUDDD is in the cards for me. For some of us, that old middle-aged metabolism does best being continually surprised.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post

Sorry! Strange how some things just pop out at you and make you take a second look. I couldn't resist. You may have found a way around the swear censor!

WTG, Jessica! Great weight for it being your early day! Sing, you song bird! Rejoice!
Quote:
Oh my gosh! Moderators, wherever you may be, it was an ACCIDENT!
A likely story.....
Old 09-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #663
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
SH, yesterday I ended up eating 2200 calories, but not many carbs. I think total was 32, but a lot of that was from an avocado, and they have a ton of fiber, so net was about 15 or 16. However, generally, my net carbs have been in the 30s, sometimes 40. It's hard to eat a whole lot of carbs when you can't have any starch (as far as I can tell, that pretty well eliminates nuts, which are quite starchy...)

You can eat P2 fruits, so I've had a few apples and blueberries and strawberries. That's pretty much what's pushing me up above VLC on the carbs.
OK. Thanks for clarifying diet and calorie/carb level for this phase. It sounds like you are basically doing basic Atkins-ish low carb at this stage for maintenance, but just not up the carb ladder too far yet.

And I think you (or somebody) did say that next phase you add back in carbs and live normally ever after? So if that is correct, if you want to lose more weight, do you just skip the P4 segment of your program, or do it first and then another P2 round?

I remember just a few short weeks ago when you were frustrated at the slow progress you were making on any plan, and even JUDDD's low cal DDs weren't enough to push weight loss of any great amount past the calories of the UDs. And now look at you!
Old 09-04-2011, 05:20 PM   #664
Blabbermouth!!!

I know! It's just miraculous, when I stop and look at it. Three months ago, I couldn't lose on any plan, and now here I am twenty pounds lighter and easily eating 2000+ calories a day. It's crazy!

And yes, you can either go on and do 3 weeks of the "happily ever after" phase, P4, or you can go right back into P2 and do another round of losing.

I am thinking I will try to lose the remaining nine pounds here in another week or two.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #665
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon bit View Post
Check out Cheryl's hot new pic!
Thank you, Heidi! I've been admiring your new pic, too.

Quote:
It's hard to eat a whole lot of carbs when you can't have any starch (as far as I can tell, that pretty well eliminates nuts, which are quite starchy...)

I may be wrong but I don't think nuts are considered starches. When I was doing Atkins, I used to use Almond Flour (or meal) as a replacement for breadcrumbs in things like meatloaf. I think some nuts are fine to eat on P3. Check the other P3 rule threads (I think there's a good sticky.)

Quote:
I know! It's just miraculous, when I stop and look at it. Three months ago, I couldn't lose on any plan, and now here I am twenty pounds lighter and easily eating 2000+ calories a day. It's crazy!

And yes, you can either go on and do 3 weeks of the "happily ever after" phase, P4, or you can go right back into P2 and do another round of losing.

I am thinking I will try to lose the remaining nine pounds here in another week or two.
We're all so happy for your success, Jessica! And we know that you'll get those last 9 lbs off and it'll all be "behind you."
Old 09-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #666
Blabbermouth!!!

Nuts are a combination of starch, protein and fat, but for me, I have to be pretty cautious with them. I do better with almonds, but even those I can only have very small portions of. (And I think there are plenty of others who don't add nuts on P3, or at least not until the end. They affect some of us more negatively than others, I guess!)

And HELLO, it's all already "behind me."
Old 09-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #667
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Labor Day, everyone. I feel guilty even acknowledging this particular holiday, since VERY LITTLE LABORING ever happens in THIS house!

It was a strange morning in So Cal. I woke up early--it was still dark, but I didn't look at my clock (I keep it under the bed, because seeing what time it is triggers insomnia attacks for me. I start up with that "if I go back to sleep in the next ten minutes, I can still sleep for an hour and 42 minutes" kind of thinking, which, of course, keeps me awake...) The wind was whipping around like crazy--the drapes on my sliding patio door in the bedroom were flying out into the room. Then a big flash of lightning, and a rumble or two of thunder, then the crazy, rarely-heard sound of RAIN. Wow.

I did drift back to sleep, but kept waking up because the doors to my bedroom were rattling from the wind. (Our bedroom has double doors. I keep them shut at night because my young kitty, Betsy, puts toys on my bed all night if I let her in...)

However, I STILL weighed in at my lowest ever weight--my LDW weight of 174.2. Geez--did that Greek yogurt correction day a few days ago work some kind of magic on me???? More likely, it's some kind of weird hormonal action that I'd just rather not even know about, but whatever it is, HALLELUJAH! It gives me hope that sometime before P3 is over, I might actually go BELOW my LDW. Maybe....I hope...
Old 09-05-2011, 10:10 AM   #668
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
WOWEEEEEE JESS! What a great morning for you! YAY!!

I'm busy cooking stuff this morning coz my week is going to be hectic. I mashed an enormous head of cauliflower in my new Vitamix in roughly 30 seconds and the texture is RIDICULOUS, I tell you....like some great silky miracle. Oh Yummmmmmmmmmm. I could eat that stuff every day anyway...but it is so good I just can't wait for P3 when I can add some butter and cheese to it. My family is crazy about it too...and now it's just too easy not to have all the time. I could spin it around in the food processor for days and it would never be as creamy and silken as it got in half a minute in the blender.

I have to shop this afternoon...it actually got a little cool yesterday and made me realize that I will soon be without anything that fits that is appropriate for the weather. I have to find a couple pair of jeans at least. I have nothing. I have pair of loden slacks and that's it. So...how weird to go buy clothes! Merry is going with me so at least I won't be alone in the unfamiliar territory of this "mall" place. I'm also going to Trader Joe's. Because....I will be in P3 soon. BWAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

I CAN HAVE THAT LATER
Old 09-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #669
Blabbermouth!!!

I don't know what kind of jeans you like, but Coldwater Creek has all jeans for 25% today. And Talbots (I really like their jeans) has everything 20% off today. What a fun day--cooking and shopping are my favorites!
Old 09-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #670
Major LCF Poster!

I don't know what kind of jeans I like either! I am built so weird, I'm going to have to try on a bunch before I decide. I have no rump or thighs. I think I want like a medium rise skinny jean...which will be hard to find because most of them are extremely low rise. Soooooo....yuck. Fitting rooms!
Old 09-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #671
Blabbermouth!!!

Seriously, if you can get to one, try Talbots. Their jeans come in three different rises/fits, and are made of nice, heavy denim. They aren't cheap, but they're good!
Old 09-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #672
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Happy Labor Day, everyone. I feel guilty even acknowledging this particular holiday, since VERY LITTLE LABORING ever happens in THIS house!

It was a strange morning in So Cal. I woke up early--it was still dark, but I didn't look at my clock (I keep it under the bed, because seeing what time it is triggers insomnia attacks for me. I start up with that "if I go back to sleep in the next ten minutes, I can still sleep for an hour and 42 minutes" kind of thinking, which, of course, keeps me awake...) The wind was whipping around like crazy--the drapes on my sliding patio door in the bedroom were flying out into the room. Then a big flash of lightning, and a rumble or two of thunder, then the crazy, rarely-heard sound of RAIN. Wow.

I did drift back to sleep, but kept waking up because the doors to my bedroom were rattling from the wind. (Our bedroom has double doors. I keep them shut at night because my young kitty, Betsy, puts toys on my bed all night if I let her in...)

However, I STILL weighed in at my lowest ever weight--my LDW weight of 174.2. Geez--did that Greek yogurt correction day a few days ago work some kind of magic on me???? More likely, it's some kind of weird hormonal action that I'd just rather not even know about, but whatever it is, HALLELUJAH! It gives me hope that sometime before P3 is over, I might actually go BELOW my LDW. Maybe....I hope...

I loved this entire post, Jessica! I was giggling and grinning throughout. What kinds of toys does Betsy leave on your bed? I love storms! I love the feeling I get when things are getting wild outside and all around me.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #673
Major LCF Poster!

will give it a shot, Jess, thanks!
Old 09-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #674
Big Yapper!

Deb, who's Merry? Enjoy your shopping trip! How exciting! I don't know what sizes I wear or what works for me anymore, either. Just take a wide assortment of things that look good to you into the dressing room and see what works and what doesn't. Then next time you shop you'll know better what to gravitate toward!

Jessica, I forgot to mention your weight miracle! WTG, woman! I'm thrilled for you. Enjoy it and thank the Lord for it! Without Him, all our efforts would come to nothing.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:27 AM   #675
Major LCF Poster!

Merry is my 17 year old prima ballerina daughter. The sweetest flower that grows in my life. Not that I'm proud or anything.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:07 PM   #676
Big Yapper!

Awww! I love the way you spell her name. She has lived up to it!
Old 09-05-2011, 04:15 PM   #677
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Awww! I love the way you spell her name. She has lived up to it!
Thank you Cheryl! It is short for "Meredith". We decided that we loved that name and that she could be "Merry" if she was. And she is, so she is

JESS!!!! Thanks for the heads up on Talbots. I did not like the jeans, but ended up with three pair of beautiful dress slacks and three beautiful sweaters. Their vanity sizing sealed the deal. AND....since I had never been entered into their computer before, I got the 25 percent off from the sale, plus another 10 percent for being a 'new' customer! I really got a good deal! Merry got a dress at Banana Republic that she was willing to spend 150 dollars for (it would have been worth every penny...she looks SO cute in it), but they had one of those hidden discount coupons going and she ended up getting it for 114 and that included tax! She is really little...less than a size 0 most of the time. This dress fit....so I encouraged her to get it. (she works and pays for her clothes and her pointe shoes...and she *likes* paying for them!) I tried on some jeans at Banana Republic that fit really nicely but I didn't like the color. I'm going to look online though, coz now I know what size I wear in their stuff. At Talbots, I picked up about 7 pair of pants/jeans to try on. They were all too big. I'm a 6 there (which is dumb ). The BR jeans are 29 waist 31 inseam.

I got some very pretty things and really good deals...so thank you thank you!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 07:21 PM   #678
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad you had a great shopping day!

I like Talbots because their inseams are really, really long, and one of their jeans styles--heritage, I think--has a higher rise waist, and with my long torso, it really helps me not to walk around with a plumber's crack--NOT a beautiful sight! And I believe their clothes are well sewn and use higher quality fabrics than many stores. So glad you had some luck there!

(Did I tell you that my sister's daughter is Meredith? The strange coincidences go on....)
Old 09-05-2011, 07:23 PM   #679
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, she brings all her cat toys (stuffed mousies and such), of course, but she also is fond of bobby pins, rubber bands and paperclips, and puts those all over my bed, too. She's a nut...
Old 09-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #680
Big Yapper!

That's so cute. You can just give the bedding a kick and send the toys flying! She might like that new game.

Deb, so glad you had such a great shopping day! Woohoo on the sale prices and discounts, too. Gotta love those. Size 6 is pretty dog-gone good news, too!
Old 09-05-2011, 07:53 PM   #681
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Glad you had a great shopping day!

I like Talbots because their inseams are really, really long, and one of their jeans styles--heritage, I think--has a higher rise waist, and with my long torso, it really helps me not to walk around with a plumber's crack--NOT a beautiful sight! And I believe their clothes are well sewn and use higher quality fabrics than many stores. So glad you had some luck there!

(Did I tell you that my sister's daughter is Meredith? The strange coincidences go on....)
I love our weird parallel lives I agree about the quality of Talbots garments. Lush. One of the pair of slacks I bought is something I swore I wasn't going to buy. They are black. But...they were SO gorgeous, I would have bought them in any color they had and they only had black. They are a crepe dress slack with a full lower leg, but they hang so nicely...no bunches of extra fabric where the bum I don't have ought to be....they are just liquidy. The other two pair are the same pant (as each other, not as the black pair) and I like them for the opposite reason as you like heritage. I need them to sit below the waist or they just won't fit. These are dressy but snazzy...with a fly front and cute slit back pockets with a little button on them. They fit beautifully too. I could have bought those in every color also, but I stayed with two, telling myself I wouldn't buy another pair of black or loden since I already have them. So...I now have four beautiful pair of slacks that fit really well (five counting the winter white pair that I adore that I shrunk back into that is part of a suit). That is enough for dress wearing me. Merry and I wear the same size shoe...so we bought a really cute pair of 9 West black ankle boot heels to share. David liked it all a lot!
Old 09-05-2011, 07:54 PM   #682
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That's so cute. You can just give the bedding a kick and send the toys flying! She might like that new game.

Deb, so glad you had such a great shopping day! Woohoo on the sale prices and discounts, too. Gotta love those. Size 6 is pretty dog-gone good news, too!
Yeah...but this is a totally bogus 6 It was fun to buy 6's there but I am definitely an 8 most anywhere else.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:55 PM   #683
Big Yapper!

Fashion show, please!
Old 09-05-2011, 08:08 PM   #684
Major LCF Poster!

Will have Miss Merry take some pics tomorrow! And I will take one of her in her adorable new dress. It is so perfect for her. Oh to be 17!
Old 09-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #685
Blabbermouth!!!

Whoops--I chimed in on the HCG board, but forgot to post here this morning. I had a decent weigh-in, up .4 to 174.6. I'll take it!

I'm getting ready to leave town this evening to visit my Denver friends. My friend called this morning and told me to bring cool weather attire, so I'm trying on all my jeans and sweaters and jackets, looking for stuff that's not too big! Fun! I'll be taking my iPad, but not sure if I'll have access to the Interwebs or not, so if you don't hear from me, that explains it!
Old 09-06-2011, 01:48 PM   #686
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 147/143/128
WOE: LC
Have a wonderful time, you deserve it!
Old 09-06-2011, 01:57 PM   #687
Major LCF Poster!

Have fun, Miss Jess! You can buy something to wear in Denver! (see how helpful I am ) I wish I'd bought all smaller sizes on our trip. Man...my Pikes Peak and Breckenridge hoodies are swallowing me. That's okay though...Since they're so big, they're really long and I think I'll get some leggings to wear with them and pretend I'm much younger than I am. I have always like leggings and now my legging legs are back, so I need some new ones. The ones I have are too lightweight for a Kansas winter.

I spent the afternoon mopping my floor. I'm sure my students will be relieved! My floors were a MESS!
Old 09-06-2011, 02:01 PM   #688
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatediva View Post

I spent the afternoon mopping my floor. I'm sure my students will be relieved! My floors were a MESS!
Yeah, 'cause teenagers are ALL ABOUT cleanliness...

I can just picture you in your leggings--and you DO have the legs for them!
Old 09-06-2011, 02:04 PM   #689
Major LCF Poster!

My floor was bad enough to gross out teenagers...but not all my students are kids. Some of them are probably wondering what is the matter with me
Old 09-06-2011, 03:24 PM   #690
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
I love leggings! Never thought I'd say that.
Closed Thread