Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #631
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
ooh!!! I might be able to do it with coconut!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #632
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Yes ma'am! It is a 5! I'm so beyond thrilled it's ridiculous. I tried on a bunch of pants that have been hanging around in my closet for years. Today was the first time ever that I could zip them up and feel comfortable wearing them. I'm going to wear one of those today to the amusement park.

Jessica, you're right on top of the CD and it will get you well into your window. Then it will be back to smooth-sailing again! I love that natural flaked coconut, too. I get it from Netrition so I usually have several bags of it in stock.

Deb, you are doing so good! Wouldn't it be sweet if you could call goal early? Wooohoooo!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:53 AM   #633
Major LCF Poster!

I'm just on cloud nine, Cheryl. I thought I was going to sit where I was for days. What a relief. Next week...I'm gonna eat me some FOOD
Old 09-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #634
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
You two are totally rocking my socks off!

If I ever wore socks. Which I don't (year 'round sandal country, here!)

Old 09-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #635
Blabbermouth!!!

Pix-of-the-big-waves-we-saw-yesterday.--Wow.

California High Surf Advisory: Despite Warnings, Surfers & Spectators Flock To Experience Epic Waves

(my-space-bar-broke!)
Old 09-02-2011, 04:49 PM   #636
Major LCF Poster!

WOW!!

(broken space bar...that really bites! I think I'd just runitalltogetherandletustrytofigureitout!)
Old 09-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #637
Blabbermouth!!!

Gonna-go-buy-a-new-one-as-soon-as-it's-not-rush-hour-any-more!
Old 09-02-2011, 05:56 PM   #638
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
My ex knows how to fix that sort of thing. Actually, as a joke, he mixes up people's keys sometimes. It's lovely. Can you pull it off and see if something got stuck under there? Or spray it out with compressed air?

Those waves are CRAZY! And you saw them?!
Old 09-02-2011, 07:37 PM   #639
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah, it was a wireless (I have one of those monster iMacs), so a little trickier than a wired one, but I opened it up, cleaned it up, messed with it--no dice.

I bought a wired one. That wireless one bugged me from day one, anyway.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:44 PM   #640
Major LCF Poster!

I got to hear my freshmen today for the first time. There were several really NICE surprises. Two of them were guys! A good good good day!
Old 09-02-2011, 07:49 PM   #641
Major LCF Poster!

oh and ps...one of my student's moms sent me a jar of home-made dill pickles today. I didn't even make it home with them, they looked toooo goood in the Ball jar. I popped it open in my car YUM
Old 09-02-2011, 08:26 PM   #642
Big Yapper!

Those pickles are "outahere!" Sorry about your computer woes Jessica. Those pictures were amazing! What in the world caused them? People were having a blast with those! Great pics. Thanks so much for posting that link!

I am back from my day at the amusement park. I posted five pics on my journal thread, if anyone wants to see them. I have only four words for me:

Lip Stick
Eye Liner.

Don't leave home without them!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:48 PM   #643
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatediva View Post
I got to hear my freshmen today for the first time. There were several really NICE surprises. Two of them were guys! A good good good day!
Yay!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:48 PM   #644
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Those pickles are "outahere!" Sorry about your computer woes Jessica. Those pictures were amazing! What in the world caused them? People were having a blast with those! Great pics. Thanks so much for posting that link!

I am back from my day at the amusement park. I posted five pics on my journal thread, if anyone wants to see them. I have only four words for me:

Lip Stick
Eye Liner.

Don't leave home without them!
Heading over to your journal to look!
Old 09-03-2011, 09:45 AM   #645
Blabbermouth!!!

So.....<drumroll>.........the yogurt day took 1.8 pounds off, and I'm near my LDW again, at 174.6! It actually "worked" better than the steak correction day I did last week, although it was less filling and I went to bed a wee bit hungry. (Those of you still on P2 are laughing at me for being hungry on 1000 calories, I know. Amazing what our bodies can get used to, and how quickly!)

I just had a breakfast that was totally protein and fat--white castle pie and 2 slices of bacon. I don't know whether I should ease my calories back up, or just carry on. And was 2000 too much, or too little? Shelby says she stays more stable closer to 2500. I was rock solid stable for a full week at 2000+. Hm...I just don't know.

My gut instinct (no weight puns intended) is to go right back to 2000+. I am trying to teach my metabolism to function on plenty of calories, not to inch along in starvation mode.

I have a delightful day of nothing planned but watching college football. I LOVE COLLEGE FOOTBALL, and my beloved Pokes have their season opener today! Of course, I'm not yet sure that I'm going to be able to get the game on my DirecTV sports pack, but I'm pretty sure I will. I'm going to make myself a tray of game snacks, and get out all my orange and black (school colors) stuff. It'll be a party for one!

I usually have a group of displaced Okie alums over for watch parties, but everybody is out of town this holiday weekend except me, so I will party alone. Hallie is in a wedding in San Diego today--she is her best friend's maid of honor, and she has the CUTEST date for the wedding--a guy in her kickball league (I know, I know...adults playing kickball. But they have so much fun! They play every Monday, then there is a HUGE post-game happy hour at a bar in Huntington Beach, attended by hundreds of 20- and 30-somethings.)

My other plan for the day is laundry. Won't take long--just a dark and light load of my things. Oh, the life I lead...

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal

Last edited by verbqueen; 09-03-2011 at 09:47 AM..
Old 09-03-2011, 10:30 AM   #646
Big Yapper!

Nice CD losses, VQ! You sound a heck of a lot more happy now. I know you will do what you think is best, but if it were me, the day after a correction day and my typical calorie level was 2000, I'd eat around 1500 and then go up to normal the second day. But you know what works for you! That's what P3 is all about. Seeing what works and what doesn't.

It's so cute, you getting into your colors for the games. Sorry the "displaced Okies" are all MIA. Sounds like it would be more fun with them around!

You daughter is like you in many ways, isn't she? You both have an enthusiasm for living!
Old 09-03-2011, 10:39 AM   #647
Major LCF Poster!

that sounds pretty wonderful, Jess. I played class this morning, have a short break to eat my apple/cottage cheese thing and then I teach all afternoon. It has been a fantastic morning. Two of our graduated senior dancers were back to take company class this morning. It is always so good to see them. Then, about ten minutes into class, the young man in the photo you commented on came in to watch class. He danced with us several years ago, and then went on to dance professionally at both Ballet Austin and Dayton Ballet. Last spring, he had a nearly fatal car accident. His face and right foot were crushed. He had internal bleeding that required surgery closed by 37 huge staples. It was nearly a week before they began to wean him out of a medically induced coma. When he began to look like he might live (after that week) they thought he would remain in intensive care for at least 3 weeks, and be in the hospital for months. He started fighting...and had himself out of the hospital entirely, having already had two surgeries to rebuild his face and one to pin together his foot, in the same 3 weeks they thought he would need to be in ICU. It isn't even 6 months since then...he isn't dancing yet, but is teaching. He did participate in a 5K last weekend and stayed around for pas de deux to lift girls. This is a guy who we love so much it hurts...and to see him back in the studio lifting a ballerina is just the most wonderful site imagineable. What a glorious day!

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

I CAN HAVE THAT LATER
Old 09-03-2011, 10:58 AM   #648
Big Yapper!

That is an amazing story! God bless that man and all of you who nearly lost him.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #649
Major LCF Poster!

Wait, a YOGURT CD? How did I miss this? Just yogurt all day?
Old 09-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #650
Major LCF Poster!

HEIDI!!!!!!!!! HOT AVI!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2011, 11:20 AM   #651
Blabbermouth!!!

Heidi is a hot chick, any day! (And yes--32 oz of full fat Greek yogurt, divvied up throughout the day. I had a few berries in it, too.)

Deb, what an amazing story, and what an amazing will to survive. I feel sure he will dance again, and dance well. Wow.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:17 PM   #652
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Interesting, Jessica. As a JUDDDer here, your "Correction Days" sound like your *Down Days* to bring that weight back down, before popping back up to your maintenance level Up Days. Except just depending on a single food for the day. Glad you liked the yogurt day and it did a good job for you. But I'd choose to do a steak day first for myself!

I've been following along, and always interesting to read about your adventure! Good job!
Old 09-03-2011, 12:47 PM   #653
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, SH! It is actually quite similar, which is why I think an eventual return to JUDDD is in the cards for me. For some of us, that old middle-aged metabolism does best being continually surprised.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #654

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Yes, SH! It is actually quite similar, which is why I think an eventual return to JUDDD is in the cards for me. For some of us, that old middle-aged metabolism does best being continually surprised.
Yes, I agree. I know it's considered *normal* for the metabolism to slow down as we age. Well, for one thing, we're usually somewhat less active then we were in our youth, but...

For me it seemed important to keep pounding up against that ceiling, as though I was forcing my metabolism to accept my eating at that higher level, but I could only get away with that by keeping the Down Day calories pretty low. But it seems to have helped me quite a bit. Definitely operating at a better metabolic level these days!

Any times I've held my calories to a somewhat close level for a period, my metabolism has always seemed to zero right in at about that level. So if I tried to diet for days in the 1,100 to 1,400 calorie range, at first I'd lose a bit, and then my metabolism would slide down to that level and accept that calorie level as my maintenance level! WTH??? (That's What the Heck for any who don't know me. LOL )

Well, I do hope you'll head over to JUDDD once you've attained all that you were hoping for with this protocol. You did promise us a lot of great DD recipes... remember?
Old 09-03-2011, 04:29 PM   #655
Major LCF Poster!

Interesting about yogurt! And thank you both.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:25 AM   #656
Blabbermouth!!!

So, you guys know how I always debate about whether it would be good or bad for my state of mind to weigh at 6:30-ish on Sunday mornings. In the end, I always do because I'm afraid to skip a day. Today, it paid off--I was DOWN .2 from yesterday's correction day, to 174.4. That's tied for my lowest, the first day of P3. I just wonder, if I could've weighed at the normal time, if I could've finally gotten back to or even BELOW my LDW of 174.4. I will never know...

But I'll still say an extra little prayer of thanks while I'm sitting in the choir loft this morning!
Old 09-04-2011, 08:16 AM   #657

Woo Hoo!

You are doing great. Looks like 2,000 calories is working for you with very little correction needed.

What level of carbs are you able to eat at this calorie level? Do you have to stay at very low carb, or are you adding in some of the high carb foods, or higher-rung-on-the-ladder stuff yet?

This is so exciting. Happy Sunday morning!
Old 09-04-2011, 10:48 AM   #658
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post

Sorry! Strange how some things just pop out at you and make you take a second look. I couldn't resist. You may have found a way around the swear censor!

WTG, Jessica! Great weight for it being your early day! Sing, you song bird! Rejoice!

Last edited by CherylB; 09-04-2011 at 10:55 AM..
Old 09-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #659
Major LCF Poster!

Check out Cheryl's hot new pic!
Old 09-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #660
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post

Sorry! Strange how some things just pop out at you and make you take a second look. I couldn't resist. You may have found a way around the swear censor!

WTG, Jessica! Great weight for it being your early day! Sing, you song bird! Rejoice!
Oh my gosh! Moderators, wherever you may be, it was an ACCIDENT!

And yeah, I love Cheryl's new pic!!

Last edited by verbqueen; 09-04-2011 at 02:30 PM..
Closed Thread