Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 02:34 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
SH, I think it's entirely possible that I might not get ANY loss in week 2. Who knows? I'll tell you this much, though--I have been stalled within a 7 to 10 pound range for a full year and a half, despite some very rigorous efforts to lose more weight, so maybe my body was just ready to finally budge. Even on JUDDD and meat fasting and zero carb, I haven't been able to lose more than maybe 3 pounds in one week. So I'm going to have to attribute some of it to the hcg. I just don't see how it can just be the calories.

I almost feel like I'm reading a suspense novel with this thing, just waiting to see what happens next. I have to warn you, though--I'm going out of town for nearly a week soon and I'm not sure if I'll have access to a scale or not, and since it's not my home scale, I don't know that it would matter anyway. So we'll both have some suspense till I get back! I'm staying at our condo in Seattle, so I think I'll just buy a scale for the condo, but it won't really mean anything since it's not my same scale. I'm also going to buy a food scale when I get there and stay exactly on plan. I should be able to post some with my iPad, but I'm so slow typing on it that it's not going to be the novelettes that I've been posting so far!

(ETA--no, I am not hungry at all.)

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal

Last edited by verbqueen; 07-20-2011 at 02:36 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2011, 02:53 PM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Have a great week. I love Seattle in the summertime. Lucky you to have a condo there.

I'll be on pins and needles until you return and get an absolute weight loss number on your current scale, but I'll bet you continue to lose well.

And I agree with you that it certainly seems to be more than just low calories here. I know you were frustrated that even JUDDD wasn't giving you the decent loss that you were trying for, so this is really exciting.

What I can't figure out is this: If this plan really works, which it appears that it does for all those here at LCF that are dieting this way, --and the weight loss happens at such a rapid pace, which it seems it does for most everyone, though some a bit slower than others, --but if all of this is the result of this diet, why isn't this being trumpeted far and wide to help all of our obese population who are ready to lose weight now? I've only been reading about it here at LCF, and only during this past year or so. It sounds like a true miracle.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:24 PM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

I don't think the medical community will EVER look past the 500 calorie a day part of it. And that might be dangerous for, say, teens or the elderly or the chronically ill. But it certainly doesn't seem to be doing me any harm!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:00 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
I don't think the medical community will EVER look past the 500 calorie a day part of it. And that might be dangerous for, say, teens or the elderly or the chronically ill. But it certainly doesn't seem to be doing me any harm!
People have been fasting since the dawn of time. I suspect in our primitive past, there were times when enough to eat was hard to come by and there were weeks and even months when people survived on very little food. The religious and mystics are known for fasts. People have done extended fasts for health reasons, both physical and mental. So I'm not one who thinks a few weeks of little food is particularly dangerous. Frankly, it would probably do most of the population a great deal of good!

I am just amazed at how FAST weight is lost. And getting pretty excited about that. I'll watch you for awhile longer and cheer you on. But then... I may order some pellets. Did you get yours from Netrition?

You said you were heading up to Seattle shortly. I just read that it is cold there this summer. Hope that cool weather phase passes by the time you arrive, and you get lovely weather.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:53 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

I did not order mine from Amazon. I did a google search and ordered them from a company I found online. (I don't think LCF allows me to say where I ordered them from.)

However, many, many people get them from Netrition, which you ARE allowed to mention since they sponsor the site. The brand they have is called Intermountain, and people seem to really like them. I am using pellets, not drops. They are tiny, about the size of a grain of tapioca, a how you take them is you put a few of them under your tongue and let them dissolve for a few minutes, then swallow. They're sweetened and taste like a very sweet piece of hard candy. Not at all unpleasant. The kind I got has a dosage of five pellets, 3 times a day. I take them when I wake up, an hour or so after lunch and sometime after dinner.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:43 AM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Just checking in after a very rough night. I went to sleep at 12:30 feeling fine--was awakened at 3:30 by a very painful cramp in my right quadracep. I've never had that before and I had no idea how to stretch it out. I tried all kinds of stretches and it just kept seizing. I took a calc/potass/mag pill and drank a cup of salty chicken broth, then got out my heating pad and applied that. OUCHIE! I'm quite prone to calf cramps, but that was a new one for me. I didn't get back to sleep till sometime after 5:30.

This is what comes of losing 10+ pounds (and another half pound today) in one week, I know. Crazy. I'm going to start a regular routine of the CPM pills, up my morton's lite salt. I also put a bar of soap under the covers with me. It seems to work, based on my past experience. Crazy old wives tale, but if it helps, it helps.

Because I feel like I canNOT slow down this crazy weight loss train until it stops itself. This is kind of the chance of a lifetime, in my book. I'm going to ride this horse till it throws me.

A funny thing I've noticed the last couple of days--I've lost my taste for coffee. I stumble in and brew a pot while I'm waiting my 20 minute wait after my pellets, then when I pour the cup, I don't drink it. I'm wanting iced tea instead, I guess because of the heat? I dunno, it'd be a crazy thing if my 35 year love affair with coffee were to end.

My tasks for today are to water my plants and pack for my trip to Seattle, with a quick run to the bank at some point. My daughter and her friend will be staying here with the kitties, so I need to leave everything nice and tidy for them. Not too rigorous, and it's a darned good thing, since I am TIRED after my early morning ordeal.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:10 AM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Jessica, that really does bite. My DH gets these massive thigh cramps (I, too, get the calf ones) and says it feels like someone is trying to cut his leg off! :shudder:
Your losses are inspiring, especially as I sit here gaining again (TOM I hope) even though my carbs are around 10/day. My main concern about hCG is the 500 calories. I have a terrible time eating just 1000. Can you give me a couple day's sample of what you eat? When you have time. I know you're busy and tired today. Get some rest!
Old 07-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, So-Cal buddy! I have been kind of hot tup here in these foothills these last couple of days, but then I read of the temps in the midwest and think we are blessed to be so moderate!

Here's what I typically eat. I am NOT at all hungry, and I have to assume that's the hcg. Let me clarify and say that when it's meal time, my tummy rumbles and I'm ready to eat, but then I am satisfied for a number of hours afterward. Some people claim they have to force themselves to eat, but I'm not there by any means. But honestly, in between meals I'm not thinking of food or wishing I could eat or anything.

So:

Breakfast: many only drink coffee. you are allowed to move your fruit or your cracker/breadstick from lunch up. What I do is generally eat half of my lunch fruit portion, a half an apple, and plenty of coffee. (I don't wake up hungry at all--not a morning person.) Sometimes I have a half a grapefruit , which is a full portion of fruit, and if I do, I skip the lunch fruit.

Lunch: I have either chili--brown 6 ounces of very low fat ground beef (I use 96/4), add 1 can (14 oz) of fire roasted tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, garlic, etc. Divide into two portions--eat one, save the other for another meal. I love this and it makes a decent sized serving. Or--I brown some meat and throw in 100 grams of cabbage, season it with soy sauce or ACV or chili garlic paste or whatever I'm in the mood for, dump it out and eat it hot. Very good, quite filling. Sometimes do the cabbage thing with chicken, too.

Along with that, I eat whatever fruit I have left from breakfast, if any, and a Wasa light cracker.

Dinner: Same thing as lunch--a meat, a veggie, and I nearly always do a stir-fry combining the two, or chili, a fruit and a Wasa.

Sound slike a lot of cooking, but it's not. I have a dozen little baggies of weighed out 3.5 ounce portions of chicken and ground beef in my freezer, and little baggies of veggies in the fridge. Two minutes of thawing in the microwave, into the nonstick skillet, and three minutes later my meal is ready.

You can have other veggies--there's a list, and several different fruits, but I seem to have honed in on using lots of cabbage--it's so bulky, it yields a nice full plate, and apples and grapefruits. Occasionally, I have strawberries. You can also have oranges and cherries, but I haven't yet.

In all honesty, I am finding the food quite tasty.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:32 AM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the info!

We are driving through YL RIGHT NOW on our way to Knotts. Hi!!! Lol
Old 07-21-2011, 11:45 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

That little blur you see is me waving from the top of the hill! Have fun, and ride the Jaguar for me. It's the only "coaster" I'll ride (because it's so tame, it's not really a coaster...)
Old 07-21-2011, 07:32 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
You lost me at "lost my taste for coffee". I don't comprehend... So cool this is working for you! I remember a leg cramp that held on for weeks. No fun!
Old 07-22-2011, 06:52 AM   #42

Poor Jessica. I felt so sorry for you when I was reading here about that horrible cramp that caused such pain, and although I've rarely had any muscle cramps, I do remember that sometimes that muscle was sore for a few days afterward. I know that many cramps are brought on because we've upset the chemical balance in our bodies in some way, usually by a diet that isn't giving us the complete nutrient balance we need, so maybe those various other salts and minerals you are going to add in will be enough to do the trick for you and prevent another occurrence of anything like this again! You're really learning as you go through this, aren't you. And then we're learning vicariously through your posts here. The easy way.

Hope your morning weigh-in today was another good one. DH and I spend the day at a county fair yesterday, so lemonade and a funnel cake were part of the experience. Tasty, but I'll need to have a good Down Day today.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning, all, and greetings from Seattle! It's actually sunny here, well, sorta, at least. Unable to weigh because there's no scale here, but I think I'll buy one today. Stayed 100 percent on plan during my travels, which involved buying a chicken sandwich at the airport and removing the chicken, haha.

About to walk across the street to the Safeway to buy some food. Brought my food scale, so all should be on target for today. Already took my morning pellets. No cramps last night--hooray!

Back later!
Old 07-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

I faced my greatest challenge of my Week 2 last night--a business dinner with the senior officers of my husband's new company, in my honor ( none of them had ever met me). That meant eyes were on me, so it made it quite a trick to stay on my plan. What I did was subtly switch my wine glass with DH's as he emptied his! No one noticed.

They ordered six appetizers to pass, and I put an item or two on my plate, cut them up, stirred, them around, but didn't eat. Totally worked--no one noticed. For my entree, I ordered halibut, which came plated in one of those "food towers," on top of potatoes and some kind spinach in a thick sauce. I slid the fish off it's tower, scraped off the sauce and ate most of it, then spread the rest of the stuff around til the waiter came for my plate. The whole evening confirmed my belief that people don't really notice or care what other people are eating unless you call great attention to it.

P.S. I'm pretty stressed about not being able to weigh in, but I'm just motoring on as best I can.

Was it perfectly on protocol? Probably not, since I couldn't exactly rinse that sauce off, but I think I did pretty darned well and I am proud of myself!

Last edited by verbqueen; 07-23-2011 at 11:02 AM..
Old 07-23-2011, 11:43 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow I am impressed!
Old 07-23-2011, 08:03 PM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

More challenges--baked and frosted a birthday cake, and served it tonight with ice cream at our little family party. Not one tiny taste of any of it crossed my lips. I am determined not to let this trip mess up my success!

Desperately longing for my home scale to monitor my progress, but I'm afraid to use the one I bought yesterday. Both boys said it seems about five pounds heavy! FIVE POUNDS!! I might have a heart attack!

Back tomorrow.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:08 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
I get weird without my scale. I can't imagine being without it for a week! Wouldn't it be better if I had encouraging words for you? Hmm...let's see...you've done so well already, I bet it's going to be a happy shock to see the actual numbers when you get home!
I'm so impressed with your dinner trickery!
Old 07-23-2011, 08:14 PM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, gosh, your resolve with the cake! I have baked many cakes that I could not eat, but I'd be a damned liar if I said I didn't take a tiny taste. You have nerves of steel, woman!
I feel you on the scale. But you know you haven't gained anything. So, just weigh yourself and subtract/add the difference to your home scale's last reading and adjust accordingly.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:55 AM   #49

You're impressing my socks off!!!!! Brilliant strategy at the dinner party, and you are so right that nobody is paying attention to how much others eat and drink. You did such a fabulous job, and I'm going to remember this in case I ever need to do this someday in the future. I'm proud of you.

As to the scale, well it may be higher than your scale at home is, but it can at least tell you whether you are losing weight, holding steady without any loss, or even gaining (which, of course, I know you are not)... so I wouldn't really care how much it said the weight was.. only whether it showed the weight going down over the days.

Hope your Seattle weather is pleasant these days, and hope you get a chance to get down to Pikes Place Market. One of my favorite places to spend a portion of a day whenever I'm in the Seattle area, which isn't often enough.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:10 AM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

You are right, SH, and I'm sorry to say that I DID weigh in heavier today--by .2 pounds. I'm not too concerned. Everything i've read in my hcg research says that the crazy losses slow down in the second week, and honestly, they'd pretty much have to!

The weather here is unbelievably gorgeous!! I don't think I've ever seen such bright light or such a blue sky! We are meeting our old college friends at the zoo this afternoon. Should be a lovely day.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #51

Not worried even one little smidge. I expect the scale will show loss tomorrow.

Have fun at the zoo. That's a fun one.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:40 AM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok.....third day in a row of the identical same weight, down to the tenth of a pound, on this new Seattle scale. That just doesn't seem right. I really HOPE this scale is just wonky...(because this weight I'm seemingly stuck at is a pound more than I weighed at home last THURSDAY. Sheesh.)

True confession time: yesterday we ended up going to the Ballard Locks, a fun and interesting place, but I felt light-headed and close to fainting off and on all afternoon. Admittedly, I had only eaten about a hundred calories, because I had put my apple and my crackers from lunch in my purse to eat later. Once we got back to the car and I quickly snarfed them down, I felt fine. So a bout of low blood sugar, I imagine.

We went to a seafood place right on the water for dinner, a place our friends really like. I managed to find something to order that was legal. I had a big shrimp cocktail and carefully avoided the cocktail sauce as best I could. I counted 1 T of cocktail sauce in my calories, to account for whatever I wasn't able to scrape off.

I

So, another successful vacay day! Don't know why my losses have seemingly stopped, but I honestly don't see how I could be doing any better with all these challenges, so my conscience is clear!

Last edited by verbqueen; 07-25-2011 at 10:43 AM..
Old 07-25-2011, 10:44 AM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

The almost fainting bit is scary! But you learned something from it. Good job on the shrimp. You're doing so well. You have amazing will power!
Old 07-25-2011, 11:12 AM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

You can bet I kept my light-headedness to myself! My husband is already viewing my extreme low calories with a pretty disapproving eye. I haven't even mentioned 500 to him, but of course the man can see what I am (not) eating.

So I just gripped those handrails, took a lot of deep breaths and soldiered on.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:43 PM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Feeling fine today, no faintness at all. I just went out for lunch with the boys. This time, I didn't even bother ordering my usual plain salad/no dressing for "show". I just had an iced tea and ate a couple of apple slices I had stashed in my purse!

P2 chili for lunch, will make a stir fry for dinner.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:19 AM   #56
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Wow girl! You are doing amazingly!!!! Scary faintness!!! It just almost makes you gasp and hold your breath a second when it comes over you doesn't it?

Hope you have a great day. Your vacay sounds divine!!!! !!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:02 AM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Good news today from the wonky Seattle scale. It showed a loss of 1.6 pounds this morning. Of course, as much heavier as it weighs me, that just puts me in the same ballpark as where I was when I left home nearly a week ago! Still, it was movement, and movement was what I was looking for!

Pooti my love, bless your sweet heart for taking time to cheer me on. You are lovely! I have been focusing all my "cold-be-gone" energies in your direction. (I caught a doozy, as did my daughter, on our Mexico vacation. There seems to be a rather intense summer cold floating around out there. Sucks that it had to float YOUR way.)

Plan for today is that my baby boy and I will go to Jimmy John's for lunch, then to see Harry Potter. Obviously, I won't be eating there, but want to check it out for future reference. I keep reading that it's very low carb friendly!

Time for my coffee and grapefruit. Back later!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:28 AM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

that's awesome that the scale moved down! I bet you will get home and find you have dropped more than you thought. Are your clothes feeling looser or anything along those lines?
Old 07-26-2011, 12:37 PM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

It's hard to say about the clothes, speck, since at 5'10" a few pounds doesn't make a whole lot of difference. But my belly is weirdly about as flat as I've ever seen it! Don't know if that's due to weight loss or joust no food in the old digestive tract.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:31 AM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Another half pound down this morning on the dreaded Seattle Scale. I am so anxious to see how this translates to my home scale! Will know tomorrow morning. (I do NOT do the night weighing thing, ever!)

Today is day one of my third and probably final week of Phase 2! It's gone by faster than I expected it to. I'm still reserving the right to extend it another week or so if I'm so inclined. I wish I could add some week 2 results to my signature, but I won't be able to do that until I get back to the scale I started on.

On a side note, wouldn't you know the sun would make it's appearance the day I'm leaving!
Closed Thread