LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 10:22 PM   #511
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
I also became too obsessed over my weight loss, or lack of it, and just needed to step back from LCF for a little while. It wasn't helping to see others succeed whilst eating the same things I am or voice my frustration about it. Guess I was in a funk, but I'm coming out of it.
Oh boy, have I ever been there and done that. Incredibly frustrating....

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2011, 09:19 AM   #512
Blabbermouth!!!

So--a happy weigh-in this morning, at last! I ate a normal day yesterday--somewhere in the 1700-1800 calorie range (no meals out, Cheryl--I think you are totally right on how that affects me) and weighed in today at 174.8--a mere half pound above my LDW. Could I be starting get stable? I hope so!!!

I'm particularly happy because I ate some cheese, one ounce, and some sour cream, also one ounce, with no dire consequences. I also ate a small amount of strawberries. Those seem to be ok for me. I'm not so sure about apples. For veggies, only cucumber and lettuce. I'm wondering if that broccoli salad I made could've been adversely affecting me? It only contained broccoli, onions, bacon and mayo-based dressing, but stranger things have happened? I wonder, because I'd eaten a serving every day, but yesterday I didn't...

The other thing I did yesterday was drink a massive amount of water--a full 100 ounces in addition to my coffee or green tea that I had with my meals. So I will try to do that again today.

Now I just have to figure out how to navigate this weekend and all the eating out I'll have to do. Perhaps focus on plain salads and get my protein in at home? I know tomorrow's birthday lunch for Hallie will be at a seafood place where I can easily get a plain piece of grilled fish and a salad, so that one will be a piece of cake (PLEASE pardon the expression--haha)

Speaking of cake, we're getting her some Sprinkles cupcakes rather than me baking a cake for her, so that'll be one thing I won't have to deal with. As you guys know, I can easily walk away from the sweets. It's more the savory snack foods that torment me!

Tonight will probably be Yardhouse (brewpub/burger chain). I'm picking Dave up at the Long Beach airport and we'll swing thru Newport Beach on the way home and meet Hallie for dinner. There's a Yardhouse across the street from her apartment complex, so that's where we usually go on "airport day." I may take a look at their menu online and see what I can figure out. My focus is going to be more on simplicity rather than calories--what are they LEAST likely to add extra salt/MSG/sugar to?

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 08-26-2011, 09:32 AM   #513
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Oh, heck! Have some lobster with drawn butter instead! Go wild. (That's a messy meal, but tastes great.) Or some nice fat sea scallops would be even better! They catch those locally, don't they? I've seen people diving in the kelp beds for those on TV. (Scallops are my favorite!)

Yippee on the weight today! My other piece of advice would be to not go too wild on the fats just yet. Your body just was deprived of dietary fats during all of P2 and it's probably freaking out.

Well, enjoy yourself at the Pub tonight! I'm glad you get to reunite with your sweetie! Your plan for simplicity is a good one. Have a nice glass (or two) of wine with your meal! No starch, no sugar so it will work.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #514
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, Dave would be THRILLED if I joined him for a glass of wine, but I am TERRIFIED to try any alcohol! Poor guy--it's really no fun to go out with me these days. Instead of enjoying the atmosphere and company, lately I tend to be huddled across the table counting calories and obsessing about starches!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:55 AM   #515
Big Yapper!

Just choose the driest of the dry wines and you'll find that it works fine. I drank nonalcoholic wines during P3 and it was perfectly fine! Go for it, girlfriend!
Old 08-26-2011, 11:07 AM   #516
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
You could do a wine spritzer too...you could actually have TWO of those!
Old 08-26-2011, 11:09 AM   #517
Blabbermouth!!!

Great idea!!
Old 08-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #518
Major LCF Poster!

Then...you could just keep having them fill 'er up with more club soda...and maybe a slice of lime...it's ALMOST as fun to pretend to drink as it is to drink
Old 08-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #519
Big Yapper!

Well, I will have to try that, Diva! I hope you are right about that. Spritzer is a great idea! Jessica's jazzed now!
Old 08-26-2011, 11:58 AM   #520
Major LCF Poster!

I am going to "fake drink" the night away at a ballet fundraiser soon...so I've been busy planning my strategy. And my outfit. David decided I really need to wear the hot pink Victoria's Secret dress I bought with the silver heels...I showed him this morning and he really liked it. I dunno though...can't decide if I'm too "mature" to get tarted up in public. The dress is not....subtle
Old 08-26-2011, 12:39 PM   #521
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Well, I will have to try that, Diva! I hope you are right about that. Spritzer is a great idea! Jessica's jazzed now!
Hahaha--where were you when I was naming my journal? "Jessica's Jazzed Now!" would've been an excellent title!
Old 08-26-2011, 12:41 PM   #522
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatediva View Post
I am going to "fake drink" the night away at a ballet fundraiser soon...so I've been busy planning my strategy. And my outfit. David decided I really need to wear the hot pink Victoria's Secret dress I bought with the silver heels...I showed him this morning and he really liked it. I dunno though...can't decide if I'm too "mature" to get tarted up in public. The dress is not....subtle
Girl, if you can't be YOU and rock your hot bod in your glorious 50s, when CAN you? I find this time in my life to be one of great freedom--I can be anything from jeans casual to evening gown dressed up and feel that it's appropriate. After all these decades, I know my own body and I know my sense of style. So just wear it and ENJOY!!
Old 08-26-2011, 01:29 PM   #523
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Hahaha--where were you when I was naming my journal? "Jessica's Jazzed Now!" would've been an excellent title!
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Girl, if you can't be YOU and rock your hot bod in your glorious 50s, when CAN you? I find this time in my life to be one of great freedom--I can be anything from jeans casual to evening gown dressed up and feel that it's appropriate. After all these decades, I know my own body and I know my sense of style. So just wear it and ENJOY!!
You didn't feel Jazzed at first, though. The Jury was still out! I agree with you about being more comfortable and confidant in our later years. What a joy! The one great benefit to growing more "mature."

Diva, pics please! I want to see what we're talking about here before I weigh in.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #524
Major LCF Poster!

Erm...I will pm you some links Cheryl. If it's not toooooo ridiculous, in your opinion, I might post them.

I am leaning toward doing it. Jess is right...it may be my very last chance. And it's not like it's tasteless or tacky. It just fits. Really well hahahaha
Old 08-26-2011, 01:49 PM   #525
Blabbermouth!!!

Now I did NOT say anything about "last chance"! I think it's your first chance to wear it many, many glorious times!

And please, post away with the photos--my thread journal is all yours!
Old 08-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #526
Big Yapper!

I'm waiting....
Old 08-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #527
Major LCF Poster!

I sent them. I feel kinda silly
Old 08-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #528
Big Yapper!

I just replied! You're as young as you feel! I'd definitely go for it.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #529
Big Yapper!

It's just too bad you don't have a long, Jezebel wig to go with it!
Old 08-26-2011, 02:12 PM   #530
Major LCF Poster!

Hey...maybe the Jezebel wig would help with my nerves

okie dokie...here's me, looking about as blonde as a person can look in one outfit:

As I've already said to Cheryl...I do have more conservative options. If I chicken out, I can still go to the thing. When I told David I didn't know if I could muster the guts to wear it out in town, he said, "Well...we'll just have to go *out* of town then"....which I thought was very sweet.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

I CAN HAVE THAT LATER
Old 08-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #531
Big Yapper!

What do y'all think? Wear it, right? I think she should go for it! Walk tall and proud!
Old 08-26-2011, 02:47 PM   #532
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Holy jaw dropping HOT! Wear it, OMG, wear it!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 03:12 PM   #533
Major LCF Poster!

THANK YOU. We old folks do need our encouragement!

I think I just might do it. It's not like it's real short anything. Or even severely low cut. It's just real pink. And real form fitting and it's been a couple of years since I wanted anything to do with that. I was telling Cheryl, I am currently kind of appalled by my boobs. It's not like they're new or anything, it's just that they're the only thing sticking out now and they seem rather apparent all of the sudden!
Old 08-26-2011, 03:30 PM   #534
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/138.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
#1 You are not old! You are old enough to know what you've got and how to use it. So you go out there and show those little young Phillies what a real mare is and see where the stallion's eyes go! You earned it, now own it!
Old 08-26-2011, 03:31 PM   #535
Major LCF Poster!

In other news!!! I just remembered a recipe my sister-in-law used to make that I loved when I was a little girl. (My brother was 16 years older than I am, so my sister in law is too...they were married when I was 4) It's called Everlasting Slaw (Jess's P3 slaw made me think of it). Since I mix veggies and am allowed on my Dr's plan to have peppers, I just made some. It's a vinegar based coleslaw...the dressing is boiled and calls for sugar, but I substituted stevia (and quite a bit less than the recipe called for). It is so good and it hasn't even cooled down in the frig yet! In case any of you rogue types would enjoy it, here's what I did:

1 head of cabbage finely shredded (I used half red and half green)
2 peppers finely shredded (I used an orange one and a red one so it would be pretty)
1 med onion shredded or chopped fine (I had a red one and I was in the mood for color!)
1 cup diced celery

Mix all that up in a big bowl with a heaping Tblsp of coarse salt and let it sit for about ten minutes. Transfer it to a colander put a piece of plastic wrap over it and some kind of lid or plate right on top of the veggies...then a couple of cans to weight it down so the moisture will be pressed out. Probably about an hour.

Dressing:

1 Cup vinegar
1/2 water
1/2-3/4 cup granulated stevia
1 Tblsp dry mustar

Mix in a saucepan and bring to a boil for a couple of minutes. Take off the heat and add 1 tsp of celery seed.

Pour it (still warm) over the drained veggie mixture, cover and refrigerate. It lasts a long time in the frig...so it will be a great thing for me to dish out into tupperware for on the go lunch/dinner the next week with a little cold chicken. It's SO GOOD!!! And pretty too!
Old 08-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #536
Major LCF Poster!

Terri! You have made me grin from ear to ear! How FUNNY!!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 09:51 PM   #537
Blabbermouth!!!

Girl, you're all boob and no butt! I am jealous--you look great, wear it!

And the slaw looks great. I love anything in a vinegar-y dressing. I'm going to give that a try!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #538
Blabbermouth!!!

I ended up having a bunless cheeseburger tonight when we went out--HUGE patty, huge piece of cheese. Didn't have any condiments on it, so if they didn't do anything drastic to the beef, maybe I'll be ok. I had a lot of calories today, though.

Guess I'll see in the morning.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:32 AM   #539
Blabbermouth!!!

No weight change today, and I ate 2000 calories yesterday!! Could I be.....dare I ask it, stable????

Exciting!!
Old 08-27-2011, 09:45 AM   #540
Big Yapper!

That's great, Jessica! Woohooo! You're getting the hang of this P3 thing. SWEEEEET.

Diva, thanks so much for that recipe! Sounds very yummo.

See my siggy for today's news, okay? It' getting repetitive to keep typing the same stuff over and over in each thread I participate in. All is well, 'cept the hurricane is already starting to rain on us. I did nothing to prepare so we shall see how wise that was. I will however do a load or two of laundry today and fill the tub with water so I can flush the toilet, etc. I have a propane grill to cook on so things won't be too bad.

However, if the power goes out I will be laptop-less! That is the hardest part of having no electricity. Thankfully I can fall back on my Blackberry to keep in touch with y'all. And I have my Kindle that is all freshly charged up and will keep me busy. I have a car charger for my cell phone so I'll always be able to recharge that.

I'll keep you posted on my condition! Over and out!
Closed Thread