LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 07:32 AM   #481
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Oops! Keyboard malfunction!

{{Cheryl}}
I'm trying to figure this post out but I've read and reread my last post here and I'm not sure what you mean. Are you just foolin?

How are things going today? GOOD, I hope! I'm on loading day 2 and just dropped off my car at the "Dr's" for a thorough check-up. I think it may be a bit more expense coming my way. It's got a whining sound in the engine, sometimes the steering feels like an old manual truck and now there is a clunk in the rear passenger side wheel well. PRAY FOR ME!

Otherwise, I'm doing great! Brought the dog with me down to the car Dr and we walked back home. She's happy and so am I.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2011, 09:15 AM   #482
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Cheryl--I accidentally typed something like q82953y48pq0ygha'sw;hngaljdcvz.y89p23
because I was wiping off my keyboard.

I saw it later and went and deleted it (thankfully before the hour window, or whatever it was, was over) and threw in a hug for you just for grins.

Sorry--I can see now how strange it looks! Haha! Gave your brain something to wrestle with, didn't I?

I woke up today all crampy and having a bit of TOM, which is odd--and up nearly TWO POUNDS overnight, which puts me out of my window and requires a correction day. Think this sudden change in calories is messing with my hormone levels.

Gonna do a correction day, but pretty distressed that I have to, so early in the process. This is clearly going to be a challenging P3...which guess I should've expected.

Again--sorry for being confusing!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 08-23-2011, 09:43 AM   #483
Big Yapper!

I thought I was truly losing it, woman! Thanks for the hugs, though! That post must have looked really funny, with all that keyboard nonsense! I would have thought you'd popped an Ambien and drank a bottle of wine! (Yes; been there, done that.)

I think it's the right action to take, doing the CD. But clearly that is a TOM thing. Just imagine how much wiggle room you'll have after the CD and after TOM departs! Don't freak out! It'll be just fine.

I have car issues. I knew there were a few things that needed looking into but I took it down this morning and I have to have him skip the power steering pump replacement in order for me to be able to afford the things that are far more serious, in the rear of the car! It needs mucho worko and will cost mucho donero. (?)
Old 08-23-2011, 10:03 AM   #484
Blabbermouth!!!

Well darnit, Cheryl. I HATE being forced to spend money on my car. Mine is wanting its 60K mile service, which is one of those major, expensive, leave-the-car-with-them-all-day jobs, and I'm putting it off. Which is dumb, since my car does SO MUCH for me. I shouldn't mistreat the poor thing....

On a slightly more cheerful note than car repairs and gaining weight, I'm getting my hair cut and colored today, and I will feel much better about life once that's done. When I get to the last week of a color cycle, my brown fades to an unflattering, brassy shade and I feel very homely and washed out. I'm ready to be brunette again!
Old 08-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #485
Big Yapper!

Makeover Day! I love those. I haven't colored my hair in years but I did lighten it for many years. It was what "the guy" was into. Now I'm fine with my Ash Blond hair (with more and more cork-screwy silver hairs infiltrating throughout.) I guess I'll need to start coloring it again as the silvers begin to take over.

I'd like to try dark hair someday. I've always had light colored hair but I love rich colors. Hey! Some people have green, blue and red hair! I could try darker if I wanted to. Someday maybe!

I hear ya on "mistreating" our cars. I never let an oil change go so long until this time. I just kept putting it off. I need to make her last and if she's happy, I'm happy. I'll do better!

Last edited by CherylB; 08-23-2011 at 11:06 AM..
Old 08-23-2011, 06:32 PM   #486
Blabbermouth!!!

OK, so I had a steak for lunch and a steak for dinner. No tomato. It just doesn't sound good to me.

I noticed when I was getting ready to leave for my hair appointment earlier that my fingers are swollen. (Enough so that my normally loose rings are tight.) I wonder what caused me to grab so much water? A reaction to all the additional calories, maybe? I haven't eaten anything even vaguely out of line--no cheese, no nuts. I did eat a half an apple and some strawberries, and I know I've mentioned that my body doesn't like fruit. I'm going to have to back off that until I get stable, I think.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:56 PM   #487
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
well...you're crampy, right? My guess would be HORMONES...don't underestimate their capacity for evil in this life!
Old 08-23-2011, 07:34 PM   #488
Big Yapper!

AMEN to that, Diva! Jessica, HUGS TO YOU! I'm in another mood right now. I had "words" with a family member and I hope we will still be talking tomorrow. Sometimes you just have to open your big trap and let it flow. The pea under the mattress had become a watermellon, IYKWIM.

So, swollen fingers and TOM. Don't sweat it, Jessica. You'll figure out what you can eat and can't eat. Life is one big TRIAL and error.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #489
Major LCF Poster!

Yikes Cheryl...that watermelon is way too familiar to me. I just read something in Proverbs tonight...chapter 17 verse 1:
"Better is a dry morsel and quietness with it, Than a house full of feasting with strife."

How sad is it that my immediate mental response was, "Thanksgiving!"
Old 08-23-2011, 08:01 PM   #490
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
AMEN to that, Diva! Jessica, HUGS TO YOU! I'm in another mood right now. I had "words" with a family member and I hope we will still be talking tomorrow. Sometimes you just have to open your big trap and let it flow. The pea under the mattress had become a watermellon, IYKWIM.

So, swollen fingers and TOM. Don't sweat it, Jessica. You'll figure out what you can eat and can't eat. Life is one big TRIAL and error.
So sorry, Cheryl. But those feelings have to be let out sooner or later, or they just fester. I should know--I come from a family that thinks it's uncivilized to have even the mildest argument, and we repress those feelings for years at a time. It's VERY unhealthy, and I'm trying to "unlearn" that programming. Conflict is not a bad thing, it's a normal thing. The key is to work at it until a resolution is found.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:10 PM   #491
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/308.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-37.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!

You will LOVE this gum if you like apple pie at all! You'll be so amazed by this! It really does taste like apple pie.

The first place that had it around here was Target. Now we can find it at Kroger. A co-worker said she found some at a Speedway gas station. I don't know you have any of those stores around you or not . . .
Old 08-24-2011, 08:12 AM   #492
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Hang in there girl! TOM sucks. Gah I used to hate the monthly weight gain. So hard to handle emotionally!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:53 AM   #493
Blabbermouth!!!

{{{Pooti}}} It's not exactly TOM, since i'm not really having those any more--just cramps and spotting ("mini" TOM, I guess.) The sad thing is I just some of that two weeks ago! I'm sure it's related to the rapid weight loss. I used to get some pretty intense and erratic bleeding during my hard-core Atkins years and my gyn confirmed that low-carbing can do that. Love you for your interest and concern, my friend (well, and for just being warm, witty and courageous YOU!)

Dusky, I'm looking for that gum TODAY! We have Kroger stores and of course Target! I want to get my daughter some, too. She loves gum even more than I do!

So my correction day worked. I'm down 1.4 this morning, and well back in my window. Oh, how i hope that my P3 doesn't involved being on kind of an accidental JUDDD--normal day, correction day, normal day, correction day. I mean, I love JUDDD and all, but I want to be stable!
Old 08-24-2011, 11:03 AM   #494
Major LCF Poster!

Yay, glad to hear the CD did what it's supposed to do!
Old 08-24-2011, 12:30 PM   #495
Big Yapper!

That was a timely tid-bit, Diva! You made me smile with that. Thanks! I know it is something that we all can relate to.

Jessica, that makes family relations so hard. I don't envy you that. When I used to drink, I sometimes let emotions "seap out" but I see that it wasn't the alcohol at all; I'm still seaping. It's just something that needs to occur to keep ones sanity. Just like a volcano that smolders at times before it ever gets around to exploding!

Dusky, I've never seen that flavor before but I love their gum! I have tried Key Lime Pie (not my favorite), Strawberry Shortcake, Orange Creamsickle (or something like that) and Mint Chocolate Chip. I will keep my eye out for stores that might sell other flavors! I also really dig Trident's Melon flavored gum. Sometimes I enjoy Cinnamon flavor, too.

Jessica, nice CD results! I don't think you will have to do one that frequently, but maybe once a week. Just play it by ear! (A good saying for this musical group.)

I updated my ticker to reflect where I am on this very first VLCD in R3. I ain't happy about it but I'm thrilled that I'm not postponing this round a single day more. I'm back in the saddle again! I hope this is a good round.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:23 PM   #496
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post

I updated my ticker to reflect where I am on this very first VLCD in R3. I ain't happy about it but I'm thrilled that I'm not postponing this round a single day more. I'm back in the saddle again! I hope this is a good round.
Hey, I'm more than a little envious, kiddo. I miss being "a woman on a mission," and I miss losing weight!

Ah well, all in good time.

And I wouldn't sweat that load weight one bit. Your load did exactly what it was supposed to do, and it'll be fun watching it come falling back off! So--rogue or protocol this time around?
Old 08-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #497
Big Yapper!

I guess it will be mostly the OWL hcg plan, like R1. I bought some apples (tart little suckers) and will be making the ground beef, rotel and spices for almost all my meals. It's not about the food! I also bought some more of the Smart Pop 100 calorie bags of popcorn. Those are enjoyable.

I am excited to see it come back off, too! I really had a feeling of major let-down when I ended my first hcg round (the Mega one!) I only did P3 for 15 days before I gave in and started R2 again. So, technically it was more like an interruption and I got to load one day, too! (Sneaky Pete.)

You're still a "woman on a mission", but now your mission is the first of your lifetime. That of maintaining before you dive back in for the rest of those lbs!
Old 08-24-2011, 04:10 PM   #498
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm getting ready to depart for Disneyland YET AGAIN. But we both double-checked that my pass isn't blocked out today, so all should be well this time!

You'll all be sound asleep when I get home, so I will check in with you good folk in the morning!
Old 08-24-2011, 04:13 PM   #499
Big Yapper!

Have fun, Jessica! Glad you aren't on the black-list today! See you soon.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:38 PM   #500
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/141.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Congrads on you lose! You'll stabilize, don't worry. Your body is just objecting in every possible manner at the moment. It didn't like you forcing it past its set point. Pretty soon it will accept whose boss!
Old 08-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #501
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the reassurance, Terri. I do hope you're right!

I'm back up .8 this morning, but still in my window (only just, though). I did eat at Disneyland (California Adventure, actually) last night--beef kabob with chimichurri and cucumber salad. Probably filled with sodium, though, and hard to say about sugars.

I feel like I'm hanging on by the skin of my teeth, but maybe this is just how it is for "normal" people--lots of weight ups and downs. I honestly wouldn't know, after all the yoyo dieting I've put this body through for so many years.

Anyway, I was supposed to go to a movie and have lunch with a friend today, but she called and has a bad cold, wanted to reschedule. I was relieved. I think eating out screws with me badly, and with Dave coming home this weekend and Hallie's birthday on Saturday, I have plenty of eating out in my immediate future as it is. (Yikes...another thing to worry about...)

So for today--"dining" clean and at home, and I'll see if that helps out my weigh-in in the morning. For brekkie, I had strawberries and bacon, and it tasted SO wonderful! I think lunch will be some P2 chili (made some up with the last of my supplies yesterday, and steak and SF coleslaw (I have a delicious recipe that i just love.) And loads of water.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:49 AM   #502
Major LCF Poster!

want to share that cole slaw recipe??
Old 08-25-2011, 11:48 AM   #503
Blabbermouth!!!

You betcha!

Cole Slaw

1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
1.5 Tbsp. cider vinegar
1.5 tsp. prepared mustard
2 packets of Splenda or sweetener of choice (you can adjust this up or down to taste)
rounded half tsp. salt (adjust to taste)
1 tsp. celery seed

The recipe said to whisk in a bowl, but I mush it up in a big ziplock bag.

Add:

2 10 oz bags of shredded cabbage.

Shake the bag well (or stir into the large bowl and cover) and chill until serving time. Tastes best made and chilled several hours ahead of time, or overnight! Keeps well for quite a few days.

I always get asked "who made this great coleslaw?" when I take it to potlucks. It's nothing exotic--just tasty!
Old 08-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #504
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/141.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Glad you asked Diva or I was going to. Going to try this on P3. I made some when when went camping, didn't add any Splenda and it fell flat.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:27 PM   #505
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, there's no accounting for taste, of course, but I like this one. I think the bit of mustard combined with the bit of sweetener give it some oomph. But of course, recipes are only a starting place for tweaks!
Old 08-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #506
Big Yapper!

Sounds delish, VQ! I know the stabilizing trouble you are having is from not controling the ingredients in the foods you are eating whenever you are out and about. Is there any way you can sneak your own foods into places like when you were doing P2? You might need to for the time being. This is a critical time in P3.

You'll be fine, but do try to limit the eating out if you can manage it! Or eat the most basic of foods when you are eating out.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:10 PM   #507
Major LCF Poster!

thank you! Sounds terrific.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:52 PM   #508
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Jessica, I just wanted to say "hi"!
Old 08-25-2011, 06:48 PM   #509
Blabbermouth!!!

Speck! Good to see you. What's new with you??
Old 08-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #510
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
I've been busy with the start of the new school year. I also became too obsessed over my weight loss, or lack of it, and just needed to step back from LCF for a little while. It wasn't helping to see others succeed whilst eating the same things I am or voice my frustration about it. Guess I was in a funk, but I'm coming out of it.
Closed Thread