Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 09:07 AM   #451
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
Sounds like a fun day. My youngest went to see The Help and said it was awesome. She wants me to go see it with her and we might do that tomorrow night.

Today is a better day for me (whew...yesterday was really out of character for me! I don't really "do" angst, but I wallowed in it for hours yesterday). We're going to the Royals game tonight with our bestest friends. I'll be okay (eyeroll) I love ballpark garbage food, but am taking your Waldorf Chicken Salad with me, so I will, in fact, endure. My chicken is baking right now and I'm having a lovely darrrrrrk chocolate/strawberry/jello smoothie with coconut extract and diet creme soda in it so I don't go insane when I cook for Amy in a bit I am getting anxious for the time when I don't have to remember to do these drops and then not drink or eat for those 20 minutes. Enjoy your fun day!

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

I CAN HAVE THAT LATER

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2011, 03:13 PM   #452
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by privatediva View Post
Sounds like a fun day. My youngest went to see The Help and said it was awesome. She wants me to go see it with her and we might do that tomorrow night.

Today is a better day for me (whew...yesterday was really out of character for me! I don't really "do" angst, but I wallowed in it for hours yesterday). We're going to the Royals game tonight with our bestest friends. I'll be okay (eyeroll) I love ballpark garbage food, but am taking your Waldorf Chicken Salad with me, so I will, in fact, endure. My chicken is baking right now and I'm having a lovely darrrrrrk chocolate/strawberry/jello smoothie with coconut extract and diet creme soda in it so I don't go insane when I cook for Amy in a bit I am getting anxious for the time when I don't have to remember to do these drops and then not drink or eat for those 20 minutes. Enjoy your fun day!
It's been kind of strange not taking any pellets today. Almost a little bit sad? Is that bizarre? Yes, it is, I know. But hey, for a month and a half I built my days around timing those doggone things, and every-so-carefully planning out what I would eat. Even though I haven't started P3 eating yet, I understand why people get derailed during it. When life has been so structured, you start deriving some comfort from those nice firm boundaries!

The Help was marvelous--for the most part very true to the novel, with some minor changes to keep the movie short enough (and it was a pretty long movie!) Cicely Tyson stole every scene she was in, and so did the woman who played Minnie. And the little girl who played poor little Mae Mobley was simply amazing.

For lunch, I had a steak salad, no dressing--little pice of grilled sirloin on a lettuce bed with steamed asparagus and some other veggies. I ate both lettuce AND asparagus--GASP! Guess I'm going rogue in my last two days.

Will stir-fry myself some chicken tonight, maybe with some cabbage.

I have to bake tonight--having all my girl singers over for a party tomorrow, and I'm going to have a "cookie buffet" for dessert!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 08-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #453
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/320/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-25.7)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
I found you!

Ooooooooh! Lisa Monet' and I are going to see The Help on Tuesday night! We are SOOOOO looking forward to it!
Old 08-19-2011, 03:54 PM   #454
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
OK, so you did this round and then how long are you off pellets and what's the next step? I really have no idea how any of it works.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:02 PM   #455
Blabbermouth!!!

Heidi, next comes 2 days of continuing the 500 calorie diet (that's today and tomorrow) while not taking any pellets, to clear the hcg from my body. I feel fine, normal today, but apparently you can get pretty hungry once you have no hcg left in the system, so we'll see how tomorrow goes.

Then, 3 weeks (minimum) of the stabilizing portion of the diet, known as Phase 3 or around here on LCF, P3. That phase of the diet is protein, fat, veggies and fruits, absolutely no starches or sugar. So basically, Atkins at the lower rungs. I hope this will be fairly easy for me, as I have been eating Atkins style in a TOTALLY stable (that is to say, stalled) way for quite a few years now. It's going to be hard for me to eat fruit--I never really moved up to the fruit rung with Atkins, but I guess I'll try to see if I can do it, because I've read that you don't want to "train" your body to be intolerant of carbs.

Once you have completed Phase 3, Phase 4 consists of slowly adding in all food groups and seeing what you can tolerate and what you can't, never letting yourself get more than 2 pounds away from your LDW (last dosage weight, mine being 174.2) without doing a so-called "correction day," basically a protein fast, to get back to that 2 pound window.

But people who have another round left to do sometimes go straight from Phase 3 back into another round of Phase 2, to lose more weight. I don't know what I will do--try to lose my remaining 9 pounds with another round, or try to lose the rest some more conventional way.

Some people insist that to really do it right, you must do a full 3 weeks of both Phase 3 and Phase 4, for a total of six weeks, before you go back and start all over to lose weight.

By the way, where, you may ask, is Phase One? Well, all this phase terminology is the addition of a latter-day follower of Dr. Simeons, a Kevin Trudeau. And in his version of the hcg diet, there IS a P1, in which you do a colon cleanse to prepare for the dieting phase. But as far as I can tell, nobody actually does P1. Ha!
Old 08-19-2011, 07:06 PM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
That was really helpful! Thank you for taking the time to explain it. I've been wondering! I can't wait to "hear" your decision!
Old 08-19-2011, 11:01 PM   #457
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OceanDreaming
Stats: 250/174/155
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
I hear ya. It's not NEARLY as difficult as I thought it would be to eat 500 calorie a day, but gosh, I'm tired of eating the same foods over and over. I just want a bit more variety! (And I desperately miss FAT! )
I was a little concerned about staying on P2 longer term without any fat. I've known people who have gone on strict non-fat diets and they ended up having their gallbladder removed. I gotta say, going from P2 to P3 is like pure decadence!
Old 08-19-2011, 11:52 PM   #458
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, Ocean, how's your P3 going, and how's the training? Good to see you!
Old 08-19-2011, 11:55 PM   #459
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
I found you!

Ooooooooh! Lisa Monet' and I are going to see The Help on Tuesday night! We are SOOOOO looking forward to it!
Dusky, you guys are gonna LOVE it!
Old 08-20-2011, 03:47 AM   #460
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OceanDreaming
Stats: 250/174/155
Quote:
Hey, Ocean, how's your P3 going, and how's the training? Good to see you!
Hiya! P3 is going fine. Training is tough but going fine as well. I seem to have stabilized around 177 instead of 173 but I'm fine with that because I don't want to cut calories while training. My clothes aren't fitting any differently so it might just be water retention from upping my mileage. I'm so happy that you broke through your plateau weight. I'm actually looking forward to round 2 and seeing that scale move downwards again! Not necessarily to 500 cals per day but... Good luck with P3 and ENJOY it! Butter, bacon, and heavy cream are AWESOME!
Old 08-20-2011, 06:13 AM   #461
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Wow Jess, you are doing so well! Thanks for sharing your journey with us. The HCG Protocol is very interesting! One of the docs at my onc's office lost 30lbs on it and said she believes in it.

I know there is no freaking way they will let me anywhere near it since my cancer is ER/PR positive which means Estrogen and Progesterone Receptor Positive.

But dang! Only 9lbs away from goal! Girl you are doing this thang!!!! Can't wait to see how tomorrow and then P3 goes for you!!! and congrats!!!!
Old 08-20-2011, 09:32 AM   #462
Blabbermouth!!!

This is the dawning of....

no--not the age of Aquarius, but my last day of 500 calories. Here's what I said on the first entry of this journal, lo these many six weeks ago:

Quote:
today is the start of the 500 calorie adventure.

I'm no stranger to extremely low calorie diets. I've done the goofy, but fun and pretty effective, Cabbage Soup Diet many times. In the last year, I've done two rounds of JUDDD and managed those 500 calorie days with no difficulty, but there's a BIG difference there! With both the soup diet and JUDDD, each day is different, and there's something new to look forward to tomorrow to help you get through today. With this plan, it's a long spell of 500 calorie days in a row, and that could be quite, quite difficult.
Now I gotta say that all in all, it was way easier than I expected. Sure, I had some challenging times on that trip to Seattle and some despairing days when I was stalling so badly, but ultimately, it wasn't that bad. And it was kind of exciting. And kind of fun.

I'm going to have to get used to not being pumped with adrenaline about the rapid and exciting changes in my body and in the fit of my clothes. That will be an adjustment. I admit it--I'm nervous.

Anxious to see if today will be a hungry day. Yesterday was not, at all.

Also anxious about whether returning to more calories will give me an instantaneous weight "bump." This morning I was 174.4 again, so I am not destined to be one of those "whoops, I lost two more pounds on my last two days--now I have a cushion!" people. (Color me not surprised...)

So, with my grapefruit half in my belly, off I go into my final 500 calorie day!The plan is P2 chili for lunch and a salad with chicken for dinner. And now, I go to prepare for the invasion of the choir girls for my Swim, Sing and Supper party tonight!
Old 08-20-2011, 09:53 AM   #463
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Jessica, if you are like me, you won't feel the return of hunger off the pellets. I was one of the lucky ones who dropped a few more lbs during the couple of days off the pellets but it began to slowly rebound after that. I kept the calories low for the first week. I just was so used to eating so little that I found it really hard to eat more! Go slowly and you will be very happy with your P3.

You did wonderfully on your first round of pellets! I love that you quoted your first post and gave us perspective on the end note. Wisdom! And experience! And success! Who could ask for more?
Old 08-20-2011, 10:32 AM   #464
Blabbermouth!!!

{{Cheryl}}

It's all thanks to you. I doubt I'd even have looked into it without seeing your experience with it. Am I ever glad I did!

I intend to be VERY cautious in my P3. I particularly want to keep an eye on cheese--I love it too much and have never been able to be very moderate with it, so probably won't have it at all for a while. When I do have it, maybe blue cheese crumbles on a steak or salad. It's too strong for me to eat much of. I can only tolerate a little, so it would probably be "safe" to have in the house!

On the other hand, I have no really issues with cream and other dairy--I'm a black coffee girl, so at least I won't have to be on guard about those.

If I do well after a week or two, I might add some nuts back in for my salads. I love almonds on a salad. No peanuts or peanut products, though. They are a terrible trigger food for me.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:52 AM   #465
Big Yapper!

Plus peanuts and cashews are really legumes rather than nuts. Your cheese plan sounds like a good approach! I went through that same "let down" feeling after P2. It was very hard to let go of the thrilling "can't wait to get on the scale" feeling. But then again, I had so much more to lose before I could really maintain.

Are you stopping at one round? What are your plans?
Old 08-20-2011, 11:56 AM   #466
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, I'm not certain about that. I had been thinking that once I got good and stable, I'd switch back to JUDDD for the home stretch.

But THEN, I started remember how I only lose a pound a week on JUDDD, and that it would take over two months to get to my goal, barring any stalls, and stalls are likely with me. And of course, then I started thinking that one more round of P2 might just get me there...so you can guess which way I'm leaning right now!

I really do want to try not to project, and to truly focus on stabilizing at this weight, though. I've gone backwards so many times before. I'm just praying it truly is possible to reset your setpoint, and that I can do it. So I'm not going to rush into any further weight loss till I've really given this my all.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:46 PM   #467
Big Yapper!

Sounds perfect! Take it one day at a time.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #468
Blabbermouth!!!

Btw, fwiw, cashews are not legumes. I see this said often on LCF, but legumes are beans that grow in pods, often underground.

Cashews aren't nuts, either. They're the seed of a fruit from a tropical fruit tree. They are more carby and caloric than nuts AND legumes, so they probably are ok being lumped in on the higher Atkins rungs, though!

ETA: http://vegetarian.lovetoknow.com/is-cashew-legume

Last edited by verbqueen; 08-20-2011 at 12:55 PM..
Old 08-20-2011, 01:14 PM   #469
Big Yapper!

Interesting! Thanks for the link, too. All I know is that they are baaaad.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:24 AM   #470
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, world! Why am I so chipper at 7:20 a.m., you may ask? Perhaps it's because my tummy contains a petit filet mignon AND a pat of butter, and all is right with the world!

Weighed in at 6:30 a.m. touch heavier than yesterday, 174.8, but it was a good 2 and half hours early for me, so that may well account for it.

Off to find something pink to wear (the girls voted last night to all wear pink this morning!), swing by and pick up a few of the girls who needed a ride, and warm up my choir.

Back later!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #471
Big Yapper!

Have an excellent, pink day!
Old 08-21-2011, 11:45 AM   #472
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
oh yum Happy tummy!
Old 08-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #473
Blabbermouth!!!

The girls sang like little, and big, angels. So cute--age 7 through 20. You don't see many choirs like that!

I feel great. I took myself out for lunch (beef fajita salad) and then on a whim bought a pile of cloths at Steinmart. (I bought too many, but hey, it was Steinmart, so at least I got a lot for my money.)

Today, I'm cleaning up from my party. Just rounded up a bunch of towels and threw them into the wash, hauled a big garbage bag of paper plates and cups to the trash, and am about to do a quick mop-up of the wet feet prints on my (sealed, thank goodness) wood floor!

Then I'm going to make a low carb broccoli salad, some lc coleslaw and some Thai cucumber slices. Can you tell I have a lot of energy? That's what red meat does for me! I feel like ME again!
Old 08-21-2011, 06:54 PM   #474
Big Yapper!

You, but only skinnier! Enjoy your clean home and your skinny, energetic body with the happy tummy full of Atkins foods! Goodnight, friend.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:10 PM   #475
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
WOOT, WOOT, YOU GO GIRL!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:17 AM   #476
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning--slept like a log last night (much easier to sleep withOUT a vaguely empty, grumbly tummy.) Weighed in at 175. Easily within my window, but it's slightly worrisome to see it inching up by the tenths of the pound every day. I know that this is how it works, but still disturbs me a little.

Yesterday I ate around 1400 calories, and I just didn't want to eat any more. After calculating and adjusting my BMR, it looks like my calorie goal is around 2000, but I figure I'm probably going to have to kind of work my way up to that. So I will aim for more today. One easy thing I can do is add coconut oil, so I put a tablespoon of that in my coffee this morning. Tastes GREAT--I love the stuff.

I lay in bed for a few moments when I woke up this morning, thinking about this journey. It dawned on me that I have NEVER, in my life, tried to intentionally maintain my weight. I have always either been actively on a "diet," or in total denial, denying my weight issues and slowly, or sometimes rapidly, gaining weight. This is TRULY new territory for me. And seeing these little .2 gains here and there is scary stuff! But it's normal, right? That's how normal bodies work--they don't stay exactly the same every day. I can do this...I can.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:03 AM   #477
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msack3889
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 7/4/2012
You're doing great Jessica!

I'm eating your chicken salad right now...yum
Old 08-22-2011, 10:06 AM   #478
Blabbermouth!!!

It's GOOD, isn't it? It's almost good enough to eat even if you're NOT on a 500 calorie diet. I'm thinking I'll make it with some added olive oil to the dressing and maybe some bleu cheese crumbles and use it on P3!

Oh, and maybe a few toasted chopped pecans or walnuts....

Hang in there girl--you can finish this thing!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #479
Big Yapper!

Yes, it is normal and you can do this! I'm so proud of you, Jessica. You're doing a wonderful job and I'm so happy for your success. Enjoy it!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:38 AM   #480
Blabbermouth!!!

Oops! Keyboard malfunction!

{{Cheryl}}

Last edited by verbqueen; 08-22-2011 at 10:57 AM..
Closed Thread