LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 10:27 AM   #421
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Most all reports are focused on what people "think" HCG is all about and what they "think" might happen and because it flies in the face of those making so much money in the "low fat" arena it's discounted vigorously. Much like Atkins was demonized in the beginning.

With all the research I've done, I've never read any substantiated reports of side effects. Worst I ever heard was someone thought the pellets may have given them a canker sore, so they rinse their month now afterwards.
No, there are always, always detractors from any diet plan, those who believe certain foods are absolute poison, adherence to certain diets will ruin your health in certain ways. Obviously, it is up to the interested individual to look into these warnings and claims and see whether they hold any merit for them, particularly in reference to their own body and its function.

Rantings are one thing. Actual studies, particularly long term are far more interesting, and sometimes persuasive. I know hcg has many uses, this weight loss plan being only one of them. I just wondered if anybody knew of any studies done on women who had been on hcg many years ago, as to any higher incidences of health issues, or even of health benefits from having been on hcg in their pasts.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2011, 10:50 AM   #422
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Jessica I am so happy for you! You get a high five today!
Old 08-17-2011, 11:03 AM   #423
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
Happy, I would be interested in that research (if it exists). If you think about it....many women have been "on" HGC many times over the years for nine months at a shot.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:26 AM   #424

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatediva View Post
Happy, I would be interested in that research (if it exists). If you think about it....many women have been "on" HGC many times over the years for nine months at a shot.
Precisely. Although that might be at a higher dose! LOL

And we know there are certain long term benefits of certain situations for us as women. For example, a slightly protective benefit to women who breast feed in their resistance to breast cancer.

Pregnancy and the chemicals/hormones released in our bodies during that time definitely have an effect on us and our health. So I would love to know of anything they have for long term effects of this particular hormone. If anything at all.

If there is anything, it may well be beneficial rather than cause a long delayed harm. So don't think I'm looking for harm... I'm just wondering if there is anything at all.

Like with eating low carb. There have been dire warnings for decades, but now we have done studies on people who ate low carb pretty much strictly for many years, and we know that it is of overall benefit for most. They have pretty much zeroed in on the few whose kidneys are damaged and can't process much protein, etc. We have some guidance there because of the studies of those who have eaten low carb for years.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:48 AM   #425
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msack3889
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 7/4/2012
Awesome Jessica! You did really, really well on P2.

I hope I can stick with it and do it as well as you have. I'm already counting down to the end of my 21 days though
Old 08-17-2011, 11:52 AM   #426
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by msack3889 View Post
Awesome Jessica! You did really, really well on P2.

I hope I can stick with it and do it as well as you have. I'm already counting down to the end of my 21 days though
I hear ya. It's not NEARLY as difficult as I thought it would be to eat 500 calorie a day, but gosh, I'm tired of eating the same foods over and over. I just want a bit more variety! (And I desperately miss FAT! )
Old 08-17-2011, 12:08 PM   #427
Blabbermouth!!!

I am off, nervously, to get my thyroid bumps measured! Talk to you girls later!
Old 08-17-2011, 03:54 PM   #428
Blabbermouth!!!

Pretty uneventful. Luckily, I got a chatty tech and who would answer my questions. I HATE when you get one who just sighs and looks depressed but won't say anything to you. That is scary!

I didn't ask her anything, but she asked me, "So, are you having symptoms or is this just a follow-up?" I said nope, no symptoms, why? And she said she was just wondering because it didn't look much different from last year. So that's good. We'll see what my doc says.

She also said "You know, most people who have lots of small nodules like this never even know about it," so I explained that I found out by accident, when I was trying to find out why I wasn't losing weight. She said that to her, my thyroid didn't look like a Hashi's thyroid--that they are usually swollen looking, but that mine is just a normal sized thyroid with little bumps on it. Which would certainly explain why I didn't test positive for Hashi antibodies.

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 08-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #429
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
So then will you go see your doctor?
Old 08-17-2011, 04:11 PM   #430
Blabbermouth!!!

I honestly have no idea if he'll want to see me or not. I rather imagine they'll call me and ask me to come in for an appointment for him to "discuss" the results with me. That's what he did last year, and the results were just "yeah, you've got nodules, but they're too small to biopsy." For that, I drove 20 miles...I'm betting the same thing happens this year, but who knows?
Old 08-17-2011, 04:23 PM   #431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 147/143/128
WOE: HCG 2.0ur Way
Start Date: 4/7/14
Boy, your day just keeps getting better & better!
Old 08-17-2011, 04:47 PM   #432
Blabbermouth!!!

Ya know, you're right! Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket...
Old 08-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #433

Unchanged nodules is good. Yay! Go buy that lottery ticket!
Old 08-17-2011, 05:46 PM   #434
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep! I know she is not a radiologist, and I will wait until I talk to my doctor to draw any major conclusions. But, she IS someone who looks at thyroid glands all day, and that's somewhat encouraging!
Old 08-18-2011, 09:14 AM   #435
Blabbermouth!!!

OK, 174.2 again today--that's three days straight. I think that is stable enough for me to make today my last dose day, and move along to P3 on Sunday!

What a long, strange trip it's been!
Old 08-18-2011, 09:19 AM   #436

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
OK, 174.2 again today--that's three days straight. I think that is stable enough for me to make today my last dose day, and move along to P3 on Sunday!

You've done so very well, Jessica! In just a very few weeks, you have dropped a significant amount of weight and are now maintaining the loss.

I'll be glad for you to get into the next phase of your protocol and see how that works. You are so good at posting how you do things that this has been a great learning experience for me in learning about the hcg and the protocol. I thank you for that.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:19 AM   #437
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msack3889
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 7/4/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post

I am counting down the days to P3
Old 08-18-2011, 09:21 AM   #438
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great job Jess!
Old 08-18-2011, 09:24 AM   #439
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks yet again for the fantastic support, my friends.

SH, I'll try to continue to be your "living tutorial."
Old 08-18-2011, 09:47 AM   #440
Blabbermouth!!!

I'll tell you something, though, friends. I am scared of this next step.

I'm in a real comfort zone with P2. I know how to do it and make it work. I know how to go to the grocery store, how to cook, what to eat, how I'm going to feel. This new territory stuff scares me to death!

I'm planning to read, read, read on the internet and try to fully understand how to do this next part. I SO do not want to end up back on the wrong side of my 177 wall, you know?
Old 08-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #441
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
You can do it. Congrats!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #442
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
It's me! We are almost completely packed up but still at the camp site. Sis wanted to "get it over with" and be able to relax + enjoy the rest of the day, but to me, it feels like it's just over. We decided to leave "tonight" before the rain began during the night tonight.

Anyway, we all speak English but we don't communicate well. The air is sort of thick right now + due to a "failure to communicate." It's time to go, but I'm bringing Mom + all of her crap back home to help Donna out. That will prolong the fun.

The comfortable reclining chair has been packed up + here I sit in the one I brought. It's been extremely nice but I'm ready to go home now. I wish we had waited a few hours to pack. Leaving just feels like a formality now.

Jessica, I was so THRILLED to hear of your big drop on the scale. P3 is nice + will be second nature to you. Get ready for higher food bills!

Love you, girl! I'll be home later today + I'll get caught up on all the news.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #443
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, you are missed here in LCF land. I'm sorry the outing ended on a slightly sour note, but will be glad to have you home.

I have a challenging day today--lunch out with some women's club friends (just got back from that) and meeting daughter at Disneyland when she gets finished with work.

I had a seared ahi salad, no dressing, so I think I did fine on lunch. I know that tuna is not allowed on Simeon's Protocol, but this was raw and unseasoned, so I don't think it will hurt me (and I'm not exactly doing Simeon's, anyhoo.) As far as dinner, I think I'll eat before I leave home, and then just have a dinner salad with Hallie wherever she chooses to eat. (Luckily, everywhere at D-land has salads and fruits nowadays.)

I've taken my post-lunch pellets, so one more dose and I'll put the bottle away for the next (possible) round.

Last edited by verbqueen; 08-18-2011 at 01:42 PM..
Old 08-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #444
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Jess,
Here's some links to some threads I found particularly helpful.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...-hcg-diet.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...secret-p3.html

You'll do great!
Old 08-18-2011, 02:28 PM   #445
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Hi Jess,
Here's some links to some threads I found particularly helpful.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...-hcg-diet.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...secret-p3.html

You'll do great!
Yay!!! Thank you, Terri!
Old 08-18-2011, 04:35 PM   #446
Blabbermouth!!!

I am headed off to D-land! I'll stop by tonight when I get home. Have a lovely evening, ladies.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:02 PM   #447
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you have a great time!!
Old 08-18-2011, 08:37 PM   #448
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, funny story. Hallie and I met at this grocery store parking lot to leave my car there (she has a parking pass, I don't), parked in the multi-story structure, rode the tram in, went through the security check, got in line....when we finally got to the front, they scanned my pass, said "Sorry, ma'am, you're blacked out today, but for $59 you can upgrade. Just go to the ticket window." Apparently, when Hallie checked the blackout dates for annual passes, she checked the deluxe kind instead of the mid-level one I have.

So, being deeply uninterested in upgrading for $59 for approximately 3 hours of entertainment, we decided to eat dinner at Downtown Disney, window shop and people watch a little, then head out.

So while I SAW Disneyland tonight, I did not actually enter it! (It was fine with me--I'm not a big Disney fan anyway, what with not really liking lines or crowds. I only have a pass because she loves for me to meet her there.)

Last edited by verbqueen; 08-18-2011 at 09:07 PM..
Old 08-18-2011, 08:59 PM   #449
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
For Pete's sake! I hate stuff like that. Boo-hiss on crowds and lines. I'm glad you are taking it all in stride.

I'm home and glad to be back in my familiar and incredibly comfortable and convenient surroundings. There's no place like home.

TTYT!
Old 08-19-2011, 08:31 AM   #450
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, world! I weighed in at 174.4 today. However, it was an hour earlier than usual, because I'm getting ready to leave--meeting my book club to see "The Help." (Whoever heard of a 9:30 a.m. matinee?!)

That will be followed by yet ANOTHER lunch out (I'm a social butterfly this week!), but I'm well familiar with this particular bistro, and know that they have a salad with a small piece of grilled steak on it, so I should be fine having that.

I'll be back to check in later!
Closed Thread