Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 10:30 AM   #391
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
****WARNING**** Very gross TMI info ahead--please avert your eyes if you are squeamish:

I just had a really SIGNIFICANT and badly, badly overdue visit from the *poo fairy* (I think it may have been close to a week), and weighed again at 174.2. Which tells you how significant it was.

I hadn't been feeling uncomfortable and really hadn't even noticed that I was overdue, but now I feel about ten pounds lighter through the mid-section. Wow.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2011, 10:34 AM   #392
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/138.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
I think the former is less risky in a protocol point of view but I would add some additional protein to make up the calories. I did 1 egg + 1 egg white this morning with my strawberries (instead of a bread stick) and I felt a lot more energized. Calorie diff 132 vs 63. If you were going to do the steak day, I'd stick with lean cuts verses the fattier cuts of a P3 steak day.

Just for information sake, when I alternate calories on P2, I do stick with P2 foods for the most part. I do broaden my veggie choices to incorporate other low glycemic veggies like broccoli and cauliflower and more lean proteins like eggs and some cottage cheese, but I still watch the fats.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #393
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you so much, Terri. That is EXACTLY how I was thinking. Since I finally managed to get a little break, I don't want to do anything too risky. I will follow this advice. (No egg though--I simply cannot BEAR to eat them.)
Old 08-16-2011, 10:44 AM   #394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great Luck! Will be very interested to see how it goes!
Old 08-16-2011, 10:48 AM   #395
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msack3889
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 7/4/2012
woo hoo! GREAT news, Jessica!!!!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:02 AM   #396
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Your journal and journey is fast becoming my entertainment of the day. Will her weight be down? Will the apple day work? Will the stall break today?

And then... all is revealed... the stall is broken, AND the Poo Fairy arrives, and A NEW DAWN BREAKS!!! Cue an uprise in majestic music to carry the audience away.

I'm actually truly amazed in your last few weeks and the great weight loss you have experienced on your protocol. Especially after you said that weight loss was just something your body was awfully stubborn about.

Very happy for you!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #397
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
Well see? You weren't stalled. You were just full of....

Old 08-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #398
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I missed your last post since i was sending mine at the same time. I had to go back and see what the fuss was all about. Very Funny!! God bless our fairies, one & all!
Old 08-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #399
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatediva View Post

I had always suspected it. Now it's confirmed!
Old 08-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #400
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
I had always suspected it. Now it's confirmed!
Old 08-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dbunny
Stats: 5'10"
WOE: Atkins ~ HCG
Woot!!!
Old 08-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #402
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Your journal and journey is fast becoming my entertainment of the day. Will her weight be down? Will the apple day work? Will the stall break today?

And then... all is revealed... the stall is broken, AND the Poo Fairy arrives, and A NEW DAWN BREAKS!!! Cue an uprise in majestic music to carry the audience away.
As the Scale Turns....

The Edge of Fatness...

All My Calories...

Old 08-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #403
Blabbermouth!!!

So I had more protein today, a few veggies, and no fruit or starch.

Probably 750 calories. But of course, yesterday I only had about 250. Hope my body considers itself well and truly tricked.

I have no idea what to expect tomorrow. But I'm going on record now that if it bounces back up, at least I'll KNOW that somewhere under the water retention, 174.2 lurks! Because I SAW it!
Old 08-17-2011, 05:17 AM   #404
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OceanDreaming
Stats: 250/174/155
YIPPEE!
Old 08-17-2011, 08:12 AM   #405

LOLing at myself here. I keep popping in to see if Jessica has posted this morning's weight yet and to see if the low weight held.

Thought this time I'd at least say HI!
Old 08-17-2011, 08:29 AM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
LOLing at myself here. I keep popping in to see if Jessica has posted this morning's weight yet and to see if the low weight held.

you and me both, Happy!
Old 08-17-2011, 08:34 AM   #407
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Quote:
you and me both, Happy!
Me too
Old 08-17-2011, 08:39 AM   #408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're killin' us Jess.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:49 AM   #409
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
She doesn't weigh until 12:30 my time. About another 40 min. Not that I have her pegged or anything.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:59 AM   #410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I feel like we should be chanting, channeling or something.

She sure knows how to hold and audience.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:00 AM   #411
Major LCF Poster!

Heidi!!!!!!!!!

Jess...I'm just now getting around to having your Waldorf Salad. With so few calories to mess with, it's taken me this long to "work it in". Holy cow! It's sooooo delicious and satisfying. I have always backed away from that type of salad because I don't like mayonnaise one bit...but the mustard/vinegar dressing is perfect! I think I'll want to keep it in later phases...maybe make an olive oil based dijon vinaigrette, more chicken, some walnuts and feta cheese. Not only is it delicious, but it makes an ENORMOUS bowl of food! YEE HAW!!!!!

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

I CAN HAVE THAT LATER
Old 08-17-2011, 09:10 AM   #412
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes--I said those same words--this is one to keep and make over and over again, and will be low carb and delicious with the addition of some oil and some nuts! So glad somebody finally tried it!

In other news--THE LOSS HELD! In fact, the second, or should I say "#2," loss held, so I'm claiming that additional half pound for week 5!

Today is the last weigh-in of week 5, and I was going to make this my first no-dose day and yesterday my LDW for P3, but I feel the need to extend a couple more days. I want to make sure I am really where I think I am before I claim this weight as my LDW.

But I'm ALMOST to P3, dangit.

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 08-17-2011, 09:22 AM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

yer a rock star, chica!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:22 AM   #414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 08-17-2011, 09:32 AM   #415

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
..........THE LOSS HELD! In fact, the second, or should I say "#2," loss held, so I'm claiming that additional half pound for week 5!

Today is the last weigh-in of week 5, and I was going to make this my first no-dose day and yesterday my LDW for P3, but I feel the need to extend a couple more days. I want to make sure I am really where I think I am before I claim this weight as my LDW..........
Woo Hoo! Wonderful news, and I feel like I'm almost... well, almost... as happy and excited about the loss holding as you are. Good going.

It sounds like it's kind of addicting to keep going, and compelling. That it's hard to tear yourself out of the weight loss mode of hcg and move onto a maintenance level of calorie consumption now. I think I'd be so drawn to the 500-cal weight loss phase that something in me would just want to keep going and going on it until I was totally slim again!

So, do they tell you what would happen to you and/or your metabolism/long term health/overall health, etc. if you did just keep going? I mean, is there anything adverse that happens, or would it just be that finally you would stop losing weight. And if you just kept going, would your metabolism just go slower and slower and slower to compensate, or does the hcg prevent that from just naturally happening in this diet?

This is such an interesting plan. So, I did have one question still. How are you able to up your calories to a good level again without the weight beginning to creep back on? Is that something that the hcg prevents from happening? Will you always have to eat at an increased but still quite low calorie level, or will you be able to eat at an even much higher increased calorie level? Inquiring minds want to know. Is there anything that the hcg could do to allow you to eat at higher calorie levels for maintenance without regaining?

Fascinating stuff. Fascinating subject.

Really happy for you!!!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:43 AM   #416
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Happy,
Some people can keep going, do longer rounds or do much better with shorter rounds. The body sometimes builds up immunity to HCG so you either stop losing or get hungry. That's when you know it time to take a break and stabilize and do another round later.

When you move to P3 you must up your calories to at least your recommended calories to maintain your weight and sometimes more. This resets your metabolism to accept more calories on a regular basis without gain. One of the true jewels of HCG.

It's really a miracle. So many have lost here that got to a point where nothing else worked.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:46 AM   #417
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Woo Hoo! Wonderful news, and I feel like I'm almost... well, almost... as happy and excited about the loss holding as you are. Good going.

It sounds like it's kind of addicting to keep going, and compelling. That it's hard to tear yourself out of the weight loss mode of hcg and move onto a maintenance level of calorie consumption now. I think I'd be so drawn to the 500-cal weight loss phase that something in me would just want to keep going and going on it until I was totally slim again!

So, do they tell you what would happen to you and/or your metabolism/long term health/overall health, etc. if you did just keep going? I mean, is there anything adverse that happens, or would it just be that finally you would stop losing weight. And if you just kept going, would your metabolism just go slower and slower and slower to compensate, or does the hcg prevent that from just naturally happening in this diet?

This is such an interesting plan. So, I did have one question still. How are you able to up your calories to a good level again without the weight beginning to creep back on? Is that something that the hcg prevents from happening? Will you always have to eat at an increased but still quite low calorie level, or will you be able to eat at an even much higher increased calorie level? Inquiring minds want to know. Is there anything that the hcg could do to allow you to eat at higher calorie levels for maintenance without regaining?

Fascinating stuff. Fascinating subject.

Really happy for you!!!!!
SH, according the original protocol, you are to do no more than 40 VLCD days (I'm not there yet) and you are to lose no more than 34 pounds on your first round. (I'm not anywhere NEAR that.) And yes, I do think that for many people the losses are addictive and hard to give up. For that reason, much like Dr. Johnson says about JUDDD, this is probably not a healthy thing for someone with disordered eating issues to do.

I don't think I'm in that place. I'm tired of this food and ready for the Atkins style eating of P3. I've already bought steaks, in fact, and I can't wait to eat them. I guess I'm just a little "battle-scarred" by my literal YEARS of stalling at 177 (this week is the first time I've weighed less than 177 since about 1995), and I want to be far enough away from it for long enough to really KNOW that I've moved past that as a setpoint. So I admit that my ability to be objective is probably a little skewed. But I do not think I've ventured into anorexia territory. (And I know you didn't in any way suggest that I am--guess I'm just kinda thinking out loud [in type, that is] here.)

People who are doing a doctor supervised HCG protocol will go for however long their doctor advises--there's no 40 day limit there. Some people LCF have gone for months and months on the VLC part of the plan. The theory is that the hcg keeps you from damaging your metabolism--that it is rallying your own stored fat, the way Atkins does, without damaging your metabolism.

And Dr. S also claimed that if you do Phase 3 his way--absolutely no starch or sugar, but ramp up the calories and eat lots of fat, you'll reset at the new weight and not have to fight to stay there.

We'll see!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:49 AM   #418
Blabbermouth!!!

Heehee--cross-posted with Terri, only she said it a LOT more succinctly!

They don't call me the verbqueen for nothin'!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:00 AM   #419

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Hi Happy,
Some people can keep going, do longer rounds or do much better with shorter rounds. The body sometimes builds up immunity to HCG so you either stop losing or get hungry. That's when you know it time to take a break and stabilize and do another round later.

When you move to P3 you must up your calories to at least your recommended calories to maintain your weight and sometimes more. This resets your metabolism to accept more calories on a regular basis without gain. One of the true jewels of HCG.

It's really a miracle. So many have lost here that got to a point where nothing else worked.
This is actually amazing and thrilling news. When I first started here, nobody (apparently) was doing hcg, or else I missed all the discussion.

I know a lot of people don't want to *mess around* with putting *foreign substances* into their bodies, but the more people who follow this protocol here are able to report on their successes, the more the word will get out. When a way of weight loss can help people lose their excess weight and lose it quickly and then be able to return to a good and fair and normal amount of calories in their diets without regain, it truly is a miracle, as you said. I'll bet as time goes by, more will feel comfortable and confident in trying it for themselves.

This stuff and protocol is going to help a lot of people here.

One last question. LOL Do you know of reports of long-term followups on women who have used this protocol? Since it has to do with reproductive/pregnancy issues, etc. I wondered if there were any studies as to long-term safety, etc. like no increased risk of ovarian cancers, or no difficulties in the future in carrying a fetus, etc. I'm sure any problems like those would have surfaced by now, but just wondered if you know if research had specifically looked for any adverse effects later in life. (I'm old now so wondered how it would affect older women too, etc.)

This is so different than the million and one *diets* in the world, so interesting. And so much better than any other diet aids like those various diet pills!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:16 AM   #420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Most all reports are focused on what people "think" HCG is all about and what they "think" might happen and because it flies in the face of those making so much money in the "low fat" arena it's discounted vigorously. Much like Atkins was demonized in the beginning.

With all the research I've done, I've never read any substantiated reports of side effects. Worst I ever heard was someone thought the pellets may have given them a canker sore, so they rinse their month now afterwards.
Closed Thread