Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2011, 06:38 AM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimmiecue
Stats: 153.4/146.4/125 5"4
WOE: HHCG
Start Date: April 2012
Morning Jess..thought I would see how you are doing...I am only down .4 from doing the apple day. I'm thinking I may up my protein and do a little more exercise...I don't think I'm as diligent as you when it comes to waiting things out..I think 5 days at the same weight is enough for me..I need to shake things up or I will be eating a big pie LOL...the more days that go by the more I will be totally turned off of this. I am sitting at my normal set point..so I'm thinking I need to exercise to get this off and I can't do that at 500 calories. I will give it a day or so I guess but man I am struggling here. ..I'm here for ya maybe we can rogue it together hahaha we will have to start a new thread roguie hot chicks LMAO

VLCD 12-146.4

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2011, 06:43 AM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
omg...that would be SO fun! I would love to watch you rehearse your kids too.

Speaking of rehearsing kids...school starts here this week and so the high schools are gearing up. I will be doing freshman workshops (like little clinics to teach them to audition well)for the first couple of weeks. Then I have auditions at the school where I'm conducting this fall. All of which is to say....I better start thinking about when/what I'm going to eat, because I'm not going to be home much! Hope your week is really good, Jess.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

I CAN HAVE THAT LATER
Old 08-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #363
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Back to 176.4 again. How pathetic is it that I'm relieved it's not up? I probably ate, just wildly guestimating, 750 calories or so yesterday because of the party (I kind of mentally added 150 calories or so to the basic things I ate --chicken, zucchini and salad--to account for whatever fats I wasn't able to scrape off.)

Anyway, I am just flummoxed. I have NO IDEA what to do. I was going to end my P2 this week--tomorrow would have been the last day of pellets. So half of me is thinking "maybe my body is just telling me I'm done for this round." BUT, as Cheryl pointed out, my body already knows how to stabilize at this weight. (Does it EVER know how....) So do I want to further "teach" it to stop here? So I'm sorely tempted to keep plugging on and see if I can at least get to 175 or lower before I stop. I wouldn't have to ocmmit to a certain number of days or weeks, I could just keep it on a day to day basis. I just don't know...

Then there's today. I think I should probably do another apple day. I've been stalled for more than 4 days, and that's what Dr. S said to do.

One way or another, if I keep going a few more days, I'll up the protein and drop the fruit and starch and see what that does.

I'm just kind of overwhelmed with all these thoughts and decisions...

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 08-15-2011, 09:54 AM   #364
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiecue View Post
Morning Jess..thought I would see how you are doing...I am only down .4 from doing the apple day. I'm thinking I may up my protein and do a little more exercise...I don't think I'm as diligent as you when it comes to waiting things out..I think 5 days at the same weight is enough for me..I need to shake things up or I will be eating a big pie LOL...the more days that go by the more I will be totally turned off of this. I am sitting at my normal set point..so I'm thinking I need to exercise to get this off and I can't do that at 500 calories. I will give it a day or so I guess but man I am struggling here. ..I'm here for ya maybe we can rogue it together hahaha we will have to start a new thread roguie hot chicks LMAO
{{{Kimmie}}}

I'm totally with you--just torn about what to do and disappointed that maybe this isn't the tool to let me get through my insanely stubborn stall point.

But I know it's even HARDER on you, because you just started! At least I had a month of nice losses before I stopped. You don't even have that to encourage you.

Unfortunately, for ME, exercise did not help me break through this point. I tried for the better part of a year, doing seven days a week of cardio. All I did was GAIN a little water weight. However, at your age, it might do the trick for you.

Whatever you decide, I support you all the way, girl.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Hey Jess,
Just posted this on your other thread, but it looks like it's closed.

Hey Jess,
Just food for thought (no pun intended ). On my Apple day I only lost .4. The next day I ate 1260 cals and was down .7. The next day I ate 512 cals and was down 1.5. Your body may be in starvation mode and needs some shaking up.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:07 AM   #366
Blabbermouth!!!

Bless you for taking in interest in my "problem," Terri! I've been thinking about that, too.

I was able to lose some weight last summer doing JUDDD, so I know my body will respond to shaking up the pattern.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:11 AM   #367
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We're all in this together, one of the few things that makes it tolerable sometimes
Old 08-15-2011, 10:19 AM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Is there anything related to caffeine here? You lost the most in the beginning, of course. You were drinking coffee then. Grasping at straws here, but doesn't caffeine act as a diuretic? I have no idea. Don't listen to me, I'm doing it some up in the air way! LOL
Old 08-15-2011, 10:21 AM   #369
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I'm not going to offer any more advice because it isn't helping you one bit. You just have to ride it out. It's a good sign that you came back down the 0.4 bump up you had. Now you will release some new, virgin weight next. Another apple day wouldn't be a bad idea (oops! Said I wouldn't do that.)

HUGS!!!! Lots of love and support.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #370
Blabbermouth!!!

I decided to go ahead and go with the apple day today. What could it possibly hurt, right?

I woke up feeling really good and energetic (that extra 250 calories or so yesterday, maybe?) and am still feeling good, and strangely upbeat and optimistic, under the circumstances.

So here's my plan. Apple day today, and lots and lots of water. Tomorrow, I think I'm going to do a beef day--thereby upping my calories and fat and trying to give my metabolic rate a shakeup.

In the meantime, today and tomorrow, I'll mull over what to do about continuing P2 or just moving along to P3. If I see any movement at all on the weigh-ins, that will influence my decision process. Likewise, if I don't, that will, too.

In the meantime, I'm really trying to visualize a great, positive outcome for myself!

(And Cheryl, and all my friends--I don't mind AT ALL when you make suggestions! That just helps my creative process as I try to imagine for myself an approach to move past this obstacle. So no worries about the ideas! I guess I think of this journal as a good place for brainstorming!)
Old 08-15-2011, 02:48 PM   #371
Big Yapper!

(The apple day is supposed to be with as little water as possible. Only to quench thirst, take pills, etc.)
Old 08-15-2011, 02:50 PM   #372
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah, but I'm not going to do that. (Because of your 2 pots of coffee thing when you did it, I decided that dehydration is a bad idea, and drank all the water I wanted last time.)

Last edited by verbqueen; 08-15-2011 at 02:51 PM..
Old 08-15-2011, 03:17 PM   #373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Interesting Plan! Can't wait to hear the results. Great Luck!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dbunny
Stats: 5'10"
WOE: Atkins ~ HCG
I read your journal, but mostly keep to myself... but 2 things I keep wanting to "butt in" about. Tell me to mind my own bizness if you want
Did you possibly contaminate your hcg? I switched from drops to pellets cause I think I contaminated my drops. (not sure if you are RX or not)
Drop the Splenda for a couple days and see what happens.. I know with Atkins, I would stall out if I was using the Splenda. Stevia isn't all that bad! Besides, Splenda is made with chlorine!
I would say to drop all lotions, but that would be pushing it with my feeble attempt at advice. Hearts and hugs to you.. I know how frustrating stalls can be!
Do over! Round 1~ 4/1/2014 WK 1: -12.5 WK 2: -4.5 WK 3: - 3 WK 4: Break! Week 5: in progress. Total -20!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:30 PM   #375
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks, db. I would never DREAM of telling you to butt out--in fact I'm honored that you would take time to try to help me!

I don't really use sweeteners at all, anyway--I don't sweeten my beverages and that's about all there is to sweeten right now. But I'll certainly try not using any Splenda. (But I haven't had any call to use it in probably a week or more, so I dunno if that's going to help...) It is absolutely worth a try, though. Anything is!

I did open a new bottle of pellets this week (I had bought 2 when I ordered from Vox.) I don't know if it's helping to break the stall or not, BUT, I do know that I am not at all hungry--even today when all I've had is three apples! So maybe that was part of the problem.

(P.S. I was in your old 'hood today, at the Sprouts grocery store at the Mall of Orange. I love that little mall--you can swing in, park right in front of the door, get what you need and be gone in a half hour! But I was looking at those flavored Stevia drops, and they were THIRTEEN DOLLARS for a tiny bottle. Holy smokes! It by golly OUGHT to be good at that price!)
Old 08-15-2011, 08:35 PM   #376
Blabbermouth!!!

Warning: non-diet related post! haha!

I am feeling really happy and excited tonight! Tonight I had to audition for the director of a group I sing in. I was a bit nervous about it. I sing alone in church frequently, and I sing some Messiah recitatives at the annual Richard Nixon Presidential Library Messiah performance every year, but singing for someone who is sitting there listening to specifically evaluate your singing is nerve-wracking indeed!

But I felt good doing it, and as soon as I finished, he said "That was beautiful. We need to find you some solos."

Joy! I'm SO pleased and relieved!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:45 PM   #377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's awesome Jess! What a wonderful evening. I'll bet you'll be walking on so much air tomorrow, you be sure to be down.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:56 PM   #378
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Warning: non-diet related post! haha!

I am feeling really happy and excited tonight! Tonight I had to audition for the director of a group I sing in. I was a bit nervous about it. I sing alone in church frequently, and I sing some Messiah recitatives at the annual Richard Nixon Presidential Library Messiah performance every year, but singing for someone who is sitting there listening to specifically evaluate your singing is nerve-wracking indeed!

But I felt good doing it, and as soon as I finished, he said "That was beautiful. We need to find you some solos."

Joy! I'm SO pleased and relieved!
That's my girl! Now...about those solos You should do Laudate Dominum. Mozart, soprano solo with choir. It's delish! Do you know it? Tell me what sort of thing you'd like and I will send you WAY more suggestions than you want. I am Repertoire Woman
Old 08-15-2011, 09:13 PM   #379
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just thought of something Jess,
How long have you had this recital scheduled? Or at least been stressing about it? Maybe as long as you've been stalled? Wouldn't that be something?

For the whoosh fairy to visit you in the morning
Old 08-15-2011, 11:10 PM   #380
Blabbermouth!!!

No, I didn't even know about this until a couple of days ago. But who knows--maybe the "buzz" from my happy evening will help...
Old 08-16-2011, 08:47 AM   #381
Big Yapper!

Jessica, I was hoping to see how the scale treated you today, but it's not posted yet. I am leaving for camping today and won't be back until sometime Friday afternoon. Be blessed! (You can email me any good news and I'll get it on my blackberry.)
Old 08-16-2011, 08:54 AM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

have a great trip, Cheryl!
Old 08-16-2011, 09:21 AM   #383
Blabbermouth!!!

It was a GOOD weigh-in--174.8!!!!!

Now I'm just going to try to hold here for a few days and then go to P3!

I can't thank all of you enough for the encouragement and support and all-around friendship. I hope to give it back to each of you in spades.

Kimmie, how about you, girlfriend. Any progress?

OK, I'm off to email Cheryl!
Old 08-16-2011, 09:26 AM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh thank GOD!!!!!!!!!! )))))))))))) Happy happy day!
Old 08-16-2011, 09:26 AM   #385
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Ok, so it could have been dropping the Ahkmaks or the new HCG? Or it could just be time that your body needs to drop the water, right?

At any rate, congrats!!! WTG!

Congrats on your non-scale victories too! Great going on the audition!
Old 08-16-2011, 09:34 AM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Oh my gosh! I am over the moon for you! So very happy! I know you're ready to move on. Geez, this is the best news I've heard all day!
Old 08-16-2011, 09:36 AM   #387
Blabbermouth!!!

Who knows? Since yesterday was an apple day, I didn't have crackers but I also didn't have protein or vegetables, either! So who the heck knows?

But WHATEVER it was, I'm pathetically grateful. Now I just have to try to hold on!
Old 08-16-2011, 09:40 AM   #388
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Congrats on the new low. I'm thrilled for you!

It could have been anything, but I'm thinking... it's the magic Apples!
Old 08-16-2011, 09:40 AM   #389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Big Happy Dance for You

So are you still planning a steak day today or just regular P2?
Old 08-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #390
Blabbermouth!!!

I dunno, Terri, whaddya think? I was thinking I'd skip the fruit and starch today, but do regular p2 protein and veggies, but up the protein to make up the calorie difference? The idea of the steak day was to do a shakeup, but now I'm scared of shaking that 1.6 back ON!
Closed Thread