Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2011, 09:34 AM   #331
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Jessica, I don't have much experience with hCG, so take what I have to say with a grain of salt. It sounds like you body is stabilizing whether you like it or not and maybe it's time to move on in the plan's structure before something blows up in your face. I am also extremely frustrated with my progress this week (note my signature).

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msack3889
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 7/4/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post

UP a half a pound.

I don't even know what to say.
I'm sorry, Jessica. This is so unfair when you've been so diligent.

Did you have a chance to check your measurements? I bet you're losing inches.

Have you made any changes recently?

Are you drinking enough water?

Hang in there
Old 08-13-2011, 10:01 AM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Oh, and I thought of something else...is that the number you've been trying to break through? Maybe you *are* stabilizing, and it's time to move to P3 now.

Last year when I did HHCG, my body refused to lose any more for several days, and I interpreted that to mean that it had lost all it was going to lose (for a while anyway), and I moved on to P3.

Whatever you do, do *not* give up.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:01 AM   #334
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
Jessica, I don't have much experience with hCG, so take what I have to say with a grain of salt. It sounds like you body is stabilizing whether you like it or not and maybe it's time to move on in the plan's structure before something blows up in your face. I am also extremely frustrated with my progress this week (note my signature).
I think you might be right, Speck.

P.S. LOVING the signature. I may steal it!
Old 08-13-2011, 10:03 AM   #335
Senior LCF Member

And this is completely OT:, but could you please tell me how you get your journal link to appear like that in your sig? I can never seem to get it right nor remember the right way to do it
Old 08-13-2011, 10:17 AM   #336
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, I need OT right now. I'm becoming obsessive about the "topic."

What you do is, when you've opened up the "Edit Signature" link on the User Control Panel, look just above the text box you're typing in--the one where you can click bold or underline or italics, and you see a little icon that looks like a blue globe with a link of chain in front of it. That is what you'll use to make your hyperlink.

First, go to the page you want to link to, your journal, and copy the URL from the browser bar at the top of your browser.

Then, in the Edit Signature box on LCF, type the name of what you want the link in your signature to say, say "Michelle's Journal" or whatever. Then drag your cursor over it to highlight it. Once it's highlighted, click that globe icon and a box will open up. Delete the letters that are already in the box, click the box, and paste the URL you copied into it. Save everything, and you're done!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 08-13-2011, 12:01 PM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Jessica, I'm with the others on this, once again. I've been stalled (or whatever you want to call it) most of this month. It's so unusual. Must be time to tweak for me, too!
Old 08-13-2011, 12:24 PM   #338
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Quote:

UP a half a pound.

I don't even know what to say.
I hear you and I know how hard it is when you are in the midst of a few days or a week where you don't understand what is happening. But please don't lose hope! We all have those times during any diet plan, not just hcg. Any day now you will get a whoosh and then you will be "caught up" to where you think you should be about this time in the process.

Have you calculated how much you have been losing per day since you started? It is estimated to be between 0.5 and 1.0 lbs. Anything in that range is perfectly to be expected. A little under that is not unusual, either.

I would wait until you hit 175 or less before you do your first P3 and "reset." You're body knows all too well how to maintain at 177! Make sure you are well-below that weight so you can get some real benefit out of P3. Hang in there! It will happen and then you'll be so glad you waited a few more days.

Quote:

What you do is, when you've opened up the "Edit Signature" link on the User Control Panel, look just above the text box you're typing in--the one where you can click bold or underline or italics, and you see a little icon that looks like a blue globe with a link of chain in front of it. That is what you'll use to make your hyperlink.

First, go to the page you want to link to, your journal, and copy the URL from the browser bar at the top of your browser.

Then, in the Edit Signature box on LCF, type the name of what you want the link in your signature to say, say "Michelle's Journal" or whatever. Then drag your cursor over it to highlight it. Once it's highlighted, click that globe icon and a box will open up. Delete the letters that are already in the box, click the box, and paste the URL you copied into it. Save everything, and you're done!
I'm going to try this, too! Thanks for the instructional, Jessica. I always wondered why mine looked so funky.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:43 PM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Thanks, I got it
Old 08-13-2011, 01:23 PM   #340
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post

I would wait until you hit 175 or less before you do your first P3 and "reset." You're body knows all too well how to maintain at 177!
Ooh, this is a very good point, Cheryl.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:47 PM   #341
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

I would wait until you hit 175 or less before you do your first P3 and "reset." You're body knows all too well how to maintain at 177! Make sure you are well-below that weight so you can get some real benefit out of P3. Hang in there! It will happen and then you'll be so glad you waited a few more days.
This has been my gut instinct. I just hope my body will cooperate. You know how many YEARS I spent trying to do that on Atkins....
Old 08-13-2011, 03:01 PM   #342
Big Yapper!

Yes, I do! You are going to be so happy in just a matter of a few days. Then you will be able to breath much easier and move on the the happy "Atkins" type phase.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #343
Big Yapper!

Jessica, allow me to pry a little bit. What have you been eating? Are you still staying away from beef? I remember you were eating more chicken, etc. Some of us (me included) lose better eating beef. That might be part of the picture!
Old 08-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

Is there any connection to lotions or oils?
Old 08-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #345
Blabbermouth!!!

The lotions and oils stuff is just bad science (although it may have seemed valid sixty years ago when Dr. S was practicing). Macronutrient molecules are WAY too big to enter the body through the skin, which was designed by nature to keep things OUT. Even if fat molecules were somehow able to penetrate deeper than the top layer of epidermis, they'd enter the bloodstream in the same way that transdermal medications do. There's no "delivery" system from the skin to the digestive tract, which is a closed tube. To be used as nutrients, foods have to get to the gut, and they can't from the surface of the skin. (In other words, you can't rub yourself with a steak and get a protein boost from it )

The one exception to this that I saw is some very preliminary research indicating that in extremely premature babies, the skin is so undeveloped that there is a possibility of delivering EFAs dermally.

At any rate, it doesn't matter because, human oil well that I am, I already only use oil-free products.

I did give that some thought, though.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:51 PM   #346
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Jessica, allow me to pry a little bit. What have you been eating? Are you still staying away from beef? I remember you were eating more chicken, etc. Some of us (me included) lose better eating beef. That might be part of the picture!
I avoided beef for a whole week (week 4, when I only lost 1.6, and 1 of that was the apple day), Cheryl, but it didn't seem to matter, so I'm back to eating it maybe every third meal.

The list of items that I eat is small, so I can tell you all of them: chicken breast, 96/4 beef, shrimp, cod, cabbage, lettuce, canned tomatoes (though not lately--decided those might be the problem rather than the beef in the P2 chili), cucumbers, apples, grapefruit, and AkMak crackers (these aren't on Dr. S's protocol, but were specifically listed by name on my Vox protocol, which is what I've been following.

In addition, I use a splash of FF chicken both for cooking, dried herbs, chili powder and cumin (though not in a while, see above), garlic powder, mustard and ACV. Maybe once a week I use one drop of Sweetzfree liquid splenda. I don't sweeten my drinks, so I use that when I make that salad dressing for my chicken apples salad.

I really don't believe any of my food is a problem. I religiously track everything on ******, and I've been staying right at 500 calories, seasonings included. I occasionally will go to 530 or so on a day with beef.

I may just go ahead and add more beef, because dropping it didn't seem to help, and I certainly feel much better when I eat it.

Last edited by verbqueen; 08-13-2011 at 03:54 PM..
Old 08-13-2011, 04:54 PM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
Hey....distract yourself by putting some cinnamon and nutmeg in your coffee and/or tea. Do you like green tea? Maybe just a little nudge from one of those things (all are metabolism boosters) would help get you over the hump for free. Even if not...wouldn't hurt and is lovely Also...chillax. The stuff you mentioned is indeed bad science...but the hormone stuff is furreal. The more it bugs you, the harder your body is going to try to keep you from making it let go of the fat. It thinks you're trying to kill it Think calm thoughts...fake it out. You know it's going to happen so leave the timing alone. You can't make it happen by wanting it to happen before it does...but there is a lot of evidence that you can keep it from happen as soon as it might.

Take a big low singer breath and sing yourself some happy songs, Miss Jess

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

I CAN HAVE THAT LATER
Old 08-13-2011, 05:48 PM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

I'd eat the same as week 1, then. No fears. Or else I'd throw the scale at the wall. Mhm.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #349
Big Yapper!

Many people find they lose better on more calories! Maybe you are too good at keeping them in the 500 calorie range. If you don't see a drop in the next day or two, try 700 cals and see what happens. You might be one of the ones who don't need to be so strict.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:48 PM   #350
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for all the input, girls. I truly appreciate it.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:19 AM   #351
Blabbermouth!!!

176.8 again. What the heck?

Long day today. Singing in a quartet and a duet this morning, Girls' Ensemble to rehearse after that, going straight from there to Pasadena for a friend's surprise 70th birthday party.

At least I won't have the leisure to sit around and fret all day...
Old 08-14-2011, 07:27 AM   #352
Big Yapper!

18.4 lbs / 32 days = 0.575 lbs per day. I did not count the bump-up because it's only water. Enjoy your day and the birthday party. Maybe a piece of cake would shake things up.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:26 AM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

Jessica, it's Sunday. You weighed too early. You're weighing in a few hours earlier than usual. I have noticed your patterns. I'm wondering if those two hours would have told a different story?
Old 08-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #354
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jnaakins
Stats: 206/155/145
WOE: hhcg
Start Date: 7-18-2011
Hey Jess, just checking in on you. I agree about bumping up your calories, that might "rock the boat" enough to get the scale moving. Maybe try an oz of almonds and see if you net a loss the next day? Im sorry you're having a hard time right now but I understand how demoralizing it must be. I truly believe the protocol is still working though and you're going to see a big whoosh soon. I think your body is just stubbornly holding onto that set point. Just hold out and show it who's boss- you can win this game!!

R1 21 days:-17.4
R2 21 days:-16.0
R3 15 days -9.8
R4 15 days -10.0
R5 14 days -9.6
Old 08-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #355
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Hi hon. Sorry for your frustration.

You won't want to hear it, nor will you probably do it. But drop the Ahkmak crackers. Seriously. Do it for a week and see if it makes a diff.

I swear it will.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:17 PM   #356
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
Hi hon. Sorry for your frustration.

You won't want to hear it, nor will you probably do it. But drop the Ahkmak crackers. Seriously. Do it for a week and see if it makes a diff.

I swear it will.
I got no issue with trying that, Poot. I only use that one because it's a healthier choice than Dr. S's breadstick or melba toast, being whole grain, for the same calories. I'll give that a try tomorrow.

And Heidi, yes, I weighed at 7 instead of 9.

Anyway, I had a great morning--I had so many girls show up for my pick-up
Girl's Choir--ranging from seven years old to college sophomore! Today was our number one rehearsal, and they sounded great. Our final rehearsal will be a swimming and singing party at my house next Saturday night, then we'll sing our thing next Sunday morning! You canNOT imagine how precious they looked all standing together, the very small and the tall. I got teary-eyed! Then again, I get teary-eyed EVERY time kids sing.

And my duet and quartet went well (I think--haven't heard the recording yet. Nerves always tighten my throat and steal a little resonance from me.) I had to hit a couple of high Gs in the duet. It's easily in my range, but it can sound a little raw and exposed with only one other voice to blend with. I wish our Diva could give me a few lessons!

Anyway, I was reminded of what is good and important in life. Not that my weight and health are not important, but obsessing ridiculously about a pound or two is foolish, and I'm glad for the reminder.

Thanks for being my amazingly kind, supportive buds! I love youse guys!
Old 08-14-2011, 01:14 PM   #357
Big Yapper!

We love youse too!
Old 08-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
Quote:
We love youse too!
Indeed we doooo!

Glad to hear the singing went well. I would *love* to work with you. I've heard about folks who are keeping up with teaching their long-distance students when they move, or are away to sing in another city, on Skype. Don't know whether it would work, but we could sure try it sometime if I get a webcam that works. There is supposed to be a camera on my laptop, but something (probably software) isn't working with it. Getting rid of tension is a specialty of mine. Of course...what I'd really like to do is come out there, hear your kids sing, and give you a couple of lessons betwixt diet buddies before I come back. When we're both in P4!
Old 08-14-2011, 07:45 PM   #359
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatediva View Post
Indeed we doooo!

Glad to hear the singing went well. I would *love* to work with you. I've heard about folks who are keeping up with teaching their long-distance students when they move, or are away to sing in another city, on Skype. Don't know whether it would work, but we could sure try it sometime if I get a webcam that works. There is supposed to be a camera on my laptop, but something (probably software) isn't working with it. Getting rid of tension is a specialty of mine. Of course...what I'd really like to do is come out there, hear your kids sing, and give you a couple of lessons betwixt diet buddies before I come back. When we're both in P4!
Consider that penciled in on my appointment calendar!
Old 08-15-2011, 04:39 AM   #360
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Ok, so no bread products for the next few days and let's see if it makes a diff?
Closed Thread