Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 09:20 AM   #301
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Zero loss for me today--the same as yesterday down to the ounce. Kinda disappointed--I hoped that when I broke through the stall, I'd have the experience Cheryl did and the regular losses would start again.

On the other hand, that one pound loss HELD and I didn't get the "rebound" from the apple day, so that's very good!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #302
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
very good, indeed!
Old 08-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #303
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I never mentioned what happened to weight loss after I broke through the stall, just that I didn't rebound after the apple day. Here's what my stats looked like after the set-point was broken:

Then I had a planned day off for a family event and entered P3 soon after.

Jessica darling! You are doing wonderfully. Your body just had a major shock to its system. It must be freaking out, not knowing if you are in danger of starving or if it's okay to keep losing. It will relax and let more weight go soon. In the meantime, it's storing water in the empty fat cells, to keep them plump and easy to fill back up next time you eat a lot. But we won't let that happen!
Old 08-11-2011, 11:04 AM   #304
Blabbermouth!!!

{{Cheryl}} Thanks, friend!

Here's a really nice quote for today, from my hero, Tennie McCarty:

"What makes me think the next bite, the next binge, or a smaller clothes size will be better? Before I look around for MORE today, I will concentrate on loving, appreciating and enjoying what I already have!! Remember...Enough is as good as a feast!"
Old 08-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #305
Big Yapper!

AMEN! Happiness is not getting what you want but in wanting what you have.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msack3889
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 7/4/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity68 View Post
Hi Verbqueen,

I hope you don't mind, I have been enjoying your journal. This hcg diet is really interesting to me. I looked into it when a friend of mine did it awhile back.

You have been doing FANTASTIC!! I hope you don't mind if I follow your progress. I'm brand new here and don't really know anyone yet.

It's good to meet you. Have a great day!

Windycity
What she said LOL

Old 08-11-2011, 07:21 PM   #307
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, msack! Good to *see* you here!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:25 PM   #308
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Just stopping by to see how you did, and am delighted to see that there was no rebound gain after the apple day. Pretty amazing. You broke through your plateau, and the weight stayed off. This has really been a great round, hasn't it!!!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #309
Blabbermouth!!!

Quite honestly, it has just been nothing short of a miracle, SH!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #310
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msack3889 View Post
What she said LOL

Both of you should feel free to jump in and yak your head off any time you like (like the rest of us do!) I'm really, really glad you stopped by.

Sometimes LCF can kind of feel like some of the groups are "closed," and there's no room for new people. At least, I've sometimes felt that way. However, THIS journal has the welcome mat out for all comers, so chat away!!
Old 08-12-2011, 04:55 AM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Both of you should feel free to jump in and yak your head off any time you like (like the rest of us do!) I'm really, really glad you stopped by.

Sometimes LCF can kind of feel like some of the groups are "closed," and there's no room for new people. At least, I've sometimes felt that way. However, THIS journal has the welcome mat out for all comers, so chat away!!
Thank you!

Old 08-12-2011, 08:44 AM   #312
Blabbermouth!!!

ANOTHER day of 176.4? Three days straight of the identical weight, down to the tenth of a pound? How is that even possible? What is wrong with my body, here? Maybe I just need to eat nothing but apples, all the time?

Aaarghhhhhh.....
Old 08-12-2011, 08:49 AM   #313
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry, Jessica. I know how frustrating it is when that happens. Don't do another apple day (I think you were just kidding.) Your body has stored water in your fat cells, convinced that this is just a fluke and that it will be able to replace the water with fat any day now. But it will get the hint soon and release the water and you'll have a nice whoosh for all your trouble.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #314
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I think Cheryl has nailed it, Jessica. That's what I think is happening too.

Now I'm going to have to continue lurking in here to find out when your whoosh occurs!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #315
Senior LCF Member

I'm sorry Jessica; I understand your frustration, and I would be upset too I bet Cheryl is right. Have you taken measurements recently to see if the inches are coming off?

~Michelle
Old 08-12-2011, 09:53 AM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OceanDreaming
Stats: 250/174/155
Jessica, have you measured? It is called pounds AND inches...

Edited to say: Ha! I just now saw that someone just asked you that!
Old 08-12-2011, 02:22 PM   #317
Major LCF Poster!

MY SON IS SO SWEET! He just made me a batch of my very own chocolate meringues. They are only egg white, splenda, cocoa, salt, and vanilla. 2 calories a piece. Crunchy, airy and delightful. I had one now and I will have another tonight with my strawberries and coffee after dinner. I know the strict "protocol" crowd would see me as a heretic, but man...this was a labor of love that can't hurt me one bit! They're even pretty! They look moist in the photo, but they aren't...they're just beautifully glossy!

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

I CAN HAVE THAT LATER
Old 08-12-2011, 02:53 PM   #318
Blabbermouth!!!

That is a freaking work of art!

And hey, eggs are legal, cocoa is a spice, which is legal. And I never gave up Splenda, myself. I mean it didn't exist in the 50s, so who decided that Dr. S would be opposed to it?

Enjoy!
Old 08-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #319
Major LCF Poster!

that's my reasoning too, Jessica! And...2 calories, nearly all of which is protein? I think I shall feel quite decadent and righteous at the same time!!! I knew raising a chef would come in handy. He's even great to have around when I can't eat what he makes for everyone else!
Old 08-12-2011, 04:15 PM   #320
Senior LCF Member

Oh yum...that looks divine! what a sweet son you have
Old 08-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #321
Major LCF Poster!

he really is a great guy I'm having my berries, coffee (decaf vanilla hazlenut) and my little meringuey thingie...it's just a bit of bliss 42 days into this thing.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:57 PM   #322
Blabbermouth!!!

We all need a little bliss.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

Boy...isn't that the truth? I scheduled myself a little bliss next Wednesday. I have to keep my nails short because of the piano. When I was singing all the time, I always had really long, really red nails...felt like I couldn't sing without them! Well...for the last five years or so, I've been at the keyboard so much that I have felt like a schlep with my short, natural nails.

UNTIL....Shellac! It's a salon product by CND that combines gels and color. I can now have short, well finished, RRRRRRED nails, and they don't get dull or chip. Lasts almost 3 WEEKS!!!! It's like a little miracle I tell you. Anyway...next Wednesday, I'm going for a manicure, pedicure and having my hair cut. I need to...it's been growing like CRAZY on this HCG...anyone else having that?
Old 08-12-2011, 07:53 PM   #324
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatediva View Post
Boy...isn't that the truth? I scheduled myself a little bliss next Wednesday. I have to keep my nails short because of the piano. When I was singing all the time, I always had really long, really red nails...felt like I couldn't sing without them! Well...for the last five years or so, I've been at the keyboard so much that I have felt like a schlep with my short, natural nails.

UNTIL....Shellac! It's a salon product by CND that combines gels and color. I can now have short, well finished, RRRRRRED nails, and they don't get dull or chip. Lasts almost 3 WEEKS!!!! It's like a little miracle I tell you. Anyway...next Wednesday, I'm going for a manicure, pedicure and having my hair cut. I need to...it's been growing like CRAZY on this HCG...anyone else having that?
I'm so envious! I have weak, crummy nails, so I'm happy to need to keep them whacked off for the piano--gives me an excuse for how they look!

I do have very thick hair, and I've noticed no change in it at all. And that's a relief--I keep reading about how very fast weight loss frequently causes a lot of hair loss. Oh no!

Btw, that gel manicure stuff is all the buzz around here. Sounds like it's probably good for the nails, too!

What a nice, non-caloric way to reward yourself for your efforts!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 08-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #325
Major LCF Poster!

I think it makes them much stronger. Mine grow pretty fast but the thing that's great about the gels is my nails can be short but they're still pretty and finished looking. My hands are not nice. They are very small, and the backs are thin. My skin is really fair and since none of my ample fat production has rested itself on the backs of my hands, my veins and tendons are very prominent, as are my brown age spots (grumpy growl). But...having pretty nails takes the edge off that mess for me a bit. I also feel better about my gestures when I sing when my nails are done. Even if it's a french manicure or just clear polish. But plain polish would never stay on my natural nails for even a whole day. Especially not playing the piano all day. This shellac stuff is totally unphazed, even by glissandi!
Old 08-12-2011, 08:18 PM   #326
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatediva View Post
My hands are not nice. They are very small, and the backs are thin. My skin is really fair and since none of my ample fat production has rested itself on the backs of my hands, my veins and tendons are very prominent, as are my brown age spots (grumpy growl). But...having pretty nails takes the edge off that mess for me a bit. I also feel better about my gestures when I sing when my nails are done. Even if it's a french manicure or just clear polish. But plain polish would never stay on my natural nails for even a whole day. Especially not playing the piano all day. This shellac stuff is totally unphazed, even by glissandi!
My hands are the same--but probably worse. I noticed on your FB photos that you have very pretty skin!

I've abused mine with sun exposure for decades. And I don't know that I regret it--I love being outside in the sun. It makes me happy! I don't think I'd take back all those river and lake days, fun with the kids in the pool, all that stuff--and much of it was before there even WAS sunscreen to use!

So I figure I've earned my age spots and I'll wear 'em with pride!
Old 08-12-2011, 08:31 PM   #327
Major LCF Poster!

oh thank you! that's so sweet. I have not had a lot of success with sun I am really fair. It's the Irish bit of me I guess. I can tan but it takes so long, and I have to do it in such tiny doses, that the only time I ever go to that trouble is if we're going to be on a beach for a week and I don't want to spend the whole time swaddled in something like a burqa! Even with several weeks of base tanning effort behind me, I have a 70+ SPF reapplied every 30 minutes, sitting under the umbrella sort of complexion. My youngest daughter (the one with the flaming red mane) is the same way. We call our bottle "vampire sunsceen"
Old 08-13-2011, 05:04 AM   #328
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BigBlue10
Hey there! Love your progress so far, I tried HCG, not for me. But I admire your will power or anyone that can be that disciplined.
A music teacher huh? I used to be in show, and voice can also play around on the piano, but was never really encouraged to go full force into it. My son is really into music and almost fainted in the truck one day when I was singing some R&B Mary J. and sang her solo with her, he said "mom, you are too old for Idol but you really should go to Americas Got talent" I said baby, I'm good, but there's always someone out there better, I'll save my singing voice for you. Voice training is hard, I bet you get some cute ones with your job Have a wonderful day!
Old 08-13-2011, 08:49 AM   #329
Big Yapper!

Thinking of you, Jessica. I'm hoping that the fact that there is no post from you today is not an ominous sign. You remember the band called Journey? "Don't stop believin' in! Hold on to that feeling!"

PrivateDiva, I'd LOVE to have the recipe for that little chocolate delight up there!
Old 08-13-2011, 09:30 AM   #330
Blabbermouth!!!

UP a half a pound.

I don't even know what to say.
Closed Thread