WOE: Semi-Primal
let me get my lab coat. lol

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2011, 10:25 AM   #272
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
OK, but I'll be worried if I see a bunsen burner show up....

Old 08-09-2011, 12:33 PM   #273
Blabbermouth!!!

OK, apple #1 is headed down the hatch! And I was HUNGRY when noon finally rolled around.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:15 PM   #274
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Ok. Now don't be mad at me.

This is personal experience.

We are what we think.

We are what we say.

Words and writing does give power to reality. Call it the devil. Call it demons. Call it life. But how many times does the "scary" thing you give voice to - even in jest - come to fruition in your life or that of a friend or family member at some point down the road? I don't know about you, but it happens so often to me, I sometimes wonder if I'm not Clair E. Voyant. Seriously.

So this bc crap has taught me (through a friend's enlightenment I might add), that I must corral my thoughts and harness them (Whatever you bind on earth is bound in heaven, whatever you loose on earth is loosed in heaven. Isaiah something). I must more so corral my words and it's very hard to do!!!!!! Some days I win, some days I'm less winning.

Soooo....no more set-point stall "nonsense" (not speaking judgementally of you, just speaking deragatorily to the lie being told to us by the deceiver and calling his work nonsense). OK?

Instead replace it with the vision of the scale moving smoothly down through this number. Another thing, vary your calories for each day. If you are 500/day, then some days be at 375. The next day 505. The next day 450. I swear it works! And make it up of different things! Some days, spare the protein. The next day spare the carbs and eat mostly lean protein. Just mix it up. Every day! I swear it helps you trick whatever it is inside that resists.

See if that helps Jess, cuz I really find that it works for me!!! sweet lady you are doing so great!!!

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
Old 08-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OceanDreaming
Stats: 250/174/155
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
Ok. Now don't be mad at me.

This is personal experience.

We are what we think.

We are what we say.

Words and writing does give power to reality. Call it the devil. Call it demons. Call it life. But how many times does the "scary" thing you give voice to - even in jest - come to fruition in your life or that of a friend or family member at some point down the road? I don't know about you, but it happens so often to me, I sometimes wonder if I'm not Clair E. Voyant. Seriously.

So this bc crap has taught me (through a friend's enlightenment I might add), that I must corral my thoughts and harness them (Whatever you bind on earth is bound in heaven, whatever you loose on earth is loosed in heaven. Isaiah something). I must more so corral my words and it's very hard to do!!!!!! Some days I win, some days I'm less winning.

Soooo....no more set-point stall "nonsense" (not speaking judgementally of you, just speaking deragatorily to the lie being told to us by the deceiver and calling his work nonsense). OK?

Instead replace it with the vision of the scale moving smoothly down through this number. Another thing, vary your calories for each day. If you are 500/day, then some days be at 375. The next day 505. The next day 450. I swear it works! And make it up of different things! Some days, spare the protein. The next day spare the carbs and eat mostly lean protein. Just mix it up. Every day! I swear it helps you trick whatever it is inside that resists.

See if that helps Jess, cuz I really find that it works for me!!! sweet lady you are doing so great!!!
I couldn't agree more! Really, it wasn't fair to call "stall" during TOM. Just not fair AT ALL!
Old 08-09-2011, 02:29 PM   #276
Blabbermouth!!!

That's powerful stuff, Pooti, and your point is well taken. Years ago, I read a book called Creative Visualization (by Shakti Gawain, I believe), and its point was exactly the point you make. It went so far as to say that as much as positive visualization has real power to bring about positive results, worry and fear have the power to enable the worst things we visualize to happen.

I was so taken with it, I bought the companion workbook that went with it, and I actually went through the visualizing exercises and wrote down all the things it asked me to. This was a sad and lonely time in my life. We had just moved (AGAIN), both my babies were suddenly in school all day, and my life was completely EMPTY. Didn't know a soul, had nothing to do all day, etc.

But the things I visualized and wrote in the workbook really happened. I joined a gym, started lifting weights, got super fit and lost a lot of weight, made dozens of friends and had the busy, happy life I had daydreamed up for myself. (Of course, then we moved AGAIN. But that's another story.)

Until your post, I'd forgotten all about that book and the magic it helped me to create. The book wasn't really about voodoo or magic or something--it made the point that thoughts have real energy, and since the world is made of energy, thoughts have POWER. Perhaps this is all tied up with the power to heal that prayer has been proven to have! Maybe it's all different terminology for the same thing...

Anyway, Pooti, you've given me much to think about today.

And if I ever did get mad at you, which I am NOT, I'd just say "Pooti, that made me kinda mad," and you'd say "yes, but I thought it was important for me to say it" and then it would be all better, because that's what friends do.

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 08-09-2011, 02:34 PM   #277
Blabbermouth!!!

And P.S., that reminds me of a visualization my sister did during her BC treatment that I'd been meaning to tell you about. She spent some quiet time several times each day picturing her T-cells coursing through her body looking kind of like those Scrubbing Bubbles on the commercial, madly gobbling up any cancer cell that came in their path!

Sometimes I try to do that when I've been exposed to a bad cold by my choir children--I picture my immune system revving into high gear and gobbling viruses before they know what has happened! (Only I kinda like the image of my immune cells as big white knights on horseback, carrying gigantic virus-slaying lances. I'm romantic that way...)
Old 08-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #278
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
I needed to see this today. Thanks to you both.

lol...white knights...
Old 08-09-2011, 04:59 PM   #279
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Love the visualization!! Thanks for sharing about your sis!!!! Love the description of your knights. Will borrow that!

Did you know that visualization also has routes in the Bible and the healing scriptures too? All the stuff about the Tongue came from that. It's really fascinating!!!

Love ya girl!
Old 08-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #280
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he." I googled that to see where it was. It's in Proverbs 23:7. A little out of context but still apropos. I agree with all that you are saying about positive thoughts and energy. It's hard to practice that without being very vigilant for a long while, til it becomes ingrained in you. But well worth the effort!

Good night, you cute things. I will see you all tomorrow! (God willing, I always like to say.)
Old 08-10-2011, 09:07 AM   #281
Blabbermouth!!!

I did it! I did it! 176.4!

It wasn't a whoosh, but I broke through! I'm so stunned I don't even know what to say. This is my lowest weight in at least 12 years!

Thanks, my old and new friends, for the encouragement. I'd never have been able to do it without you!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:17 AM   #282
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333

yaaaaaaaayyyy!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:27 AM   #283
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Old 08-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #284
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post

It wasn't a whoosh, but I broke through! I'm so stunned I don't even know what to say. This is my lowest weight in at least 12 years!

Thanks, my old and new friends, for the encouragement. I'd never have been able to do it without you!
:coo l:: cool::h eart:

YOU DID IT!!! AND YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE HERE THAT IS SURPRISED! I'm so THRILLED for you, Jessica! Now get a few more lbs below that nasty old set-point and it will be history forever! That will give you some wiggle room during P3.

So how do you feel about apple days now?
Old 08-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #285
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, Cheryl....

How I FEEL about apple days is that they are disgusting and I never want another apple again!

However, how I THINK about apple days is that....they work!!!

Thanks, friend, for everything!
Old 08-10-2011, 10:27 AM   #286
Big Yapper!

I am very picky about apples. I like Gala's the best but there have only been "royal gala's" around for months. I like apple days when the Gala's are here, and hate them when they are gone. But they do work and so it's worth it for one day. Now hopefully you will also be able to claim that you had no rebound affect after them, too. But you broke through that dreaded number and now you can put that 12-year story to rest, for good! Set yourself a new goal, woman!
Old 08-10-2011, 10:44 AM   #287
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, I think the quality of apples was part of my problem with apple day. The ones I bought (Fujis) were just not very good. The skin was thick and gritty and had a bit of a bitter taste, and the flesh was sweet but no tanginess. I've been buying Fujis and enjoying them, but this particular batch was not good.

Of course, it's not really prime apple season right now, and as you pointed out, there aren't as many varieties available at the moment.

But still--IT WORKED!

My new goal will be to go ahead and complete week 5 to really cement that stall break into place, and then transition into P3!
Old 08-10-2011, 11:14 AM   #288
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OceanDreaming
Stats: 250/174/155
HOORAY! I knew you'd do it!
Old 08-10-2011, 11:23 AM   #289
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: windycity68
Stats: 204.6/197.8/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August 1, 2011
Hi Verbqueen,

I hope you don't mind, I have been enjoying your journal. This hcg diet is really interesting to me. I looked into it when a friend of mine did it awhile back.

You have been doing FANTASTIC!! I hope you don't mind if I follow your progress. I'm brand new here and don't really know anyone yet.

It's good to meet you. Have a great day!

Windycity
Old 08-10-2011, 11:54 AM   #290
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi, windy! I'm delighted to meet you! I will go check out your journal, too! (If you have one.)
Old 08-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
I'm just so thrilled for you!
Old 08-10-2011, 12:10 PM   #292
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks, Heidi!
Old 08-10-2011, 12:20 PM   #293
Blabbermouth!!!

If anybody felt the earth rumbling from the west, that wasn't an earthquake! It was just me groaning in ecstasy over eating something that isn't apples! Hooray for lunchtime!
Old 08-10-2011, 12:35 PM   #294
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post

Happy APPLE Day to You... Happy APPLE Day to You... Happy APPLE Day, Dear Jessica... Happy APPLE Day to-o-o-o You-u-u-u-u.

Well, some people seem to be convinced that fruit is the same as a candy bar, but I'm not one of them. I can't see this exciting weight loss breakthrough happening for you if you'd eaten the same number of calories of Snickers Bar as you did of the apples.

I am really, really, really happy for you.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:10 PM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

We have one store (and one store only) that stocks Jonagold apples. I like them the best. They are denser than Fujis (which I buy when I can't get to that store) and because they are a cross between Jonathon and Golden Delicious, they do have that nice baking apple tang. If you ever run across them, try em out. The one I want to like because it's always so pretty is the Pink Lady...but they're absolutely flavorless to me.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:39 PM   #296
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatediva View Post
We have one store (and one store only) that stocks Jonagold apples. I like them the best. They are denser than Fujis (which I buy when I can't get to that store) and because they are a cross between Jonathon and Golden Delicious, they do have that nice baking apple tang. If you ever run across them, try em out. The one I want to like because it's always so pretty is the Pink Lady...but they're absolutely flavorless to me.
I have the same feeling about the Pink Ladies. I love their name, and they are so pretty, but so blah!

Have you tried the Honeycrisps? On the rare occasion they have some show up around here, there's a near-riot, and you're lucky to get one. They're very delicious! (But still maybe not sour enough for me.)

At any rate, I don't plan on eating apples for the next few days....
Old 08-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

I don't think I've ever seen a Honeycrisp. We live in apple orchard country. In a month or so, apples around here will get *really* good. Right now, we have great peaches
Old 08-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #298
Big Yapper!

Mmmm! So do we! I've only eaten one Pink Lady and that was because I heard they were so good. Not so much. I guess I'll have to attend an "apple tasting" to see which ones I like the best. I hate wasting money on the unknown.

Goodnight, ladies!
Old 08-10-2011, 05:32 PM   #299
Blabbermouth!!!

Man, it's good to eat FOOD again. Food that is not apples, that is.

Lunch was that bowl of P2 chili that had been waiting in the fridge for a couple of days. Dinner, which I'm eating now, is chicken "crack slaw" and a grapefruit half.

I'm going to see The Music Man tonight at the classic movie at my local theater, so I'll be smuggling my AkMak in in my purse. It ain't popcorn, but it's something!
Old 08-10-2011, 06:21 PM   #300
Big Yapper!

Have fun! Don't forget to update your stats to announce your big break-through! Mark the moment.
Closed Thread