Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MisticalMisty
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Start Date: January 13
Good morning beautiful people.

I woke up with a serious migraine today. I need for Texas' weather to get it together. This is the second one in less than a week. Hopefully, once the weather is regulated, they will go away again for a while.

Woke up with a fasting bs of 141. I'll take it. I struggle more with my fasting bs than any other time of day. My endo can't explain it, but we are working on tackling it.

Here's my menu for the day:

B-iced coffee with hwc and stevia, banana muffin and a few berries
L-philly cheese steak w/o bread or deviled egg salad-can't decide
D-blackened salmon with veggies

I normally snack on nuts, beef jerky and berries throughout the day.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
I'll second the JUDDD recommendation. We have several active members who have lost over 100#, stabilized blood sugars and even some are now off their T2D meds completely. It's not fast, and its not for everyone. But like RG said, its the most sustainable & forgiving WOE Ive ever tried.
Good luck to you, whatever you decide!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:33 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Thanks ladies, but I think we are going to stick with Paleo/Primal for now. It works for us and I got my husband to agree to it..lol I don't want to have to go through that again!

So, I was sick yesterday and my numbers ran a little high all day, but my fasting is 131 this morning.

I managed to have a banana muffin and berries for breakfast, but ended up with chorizo and eggs for lunch and then lemon pepper cod and green beans for dinner.

Even with basically no carbs after breakfast, I was running 200. I knew it was because I felt so horrible.

I don't worry so much about the days I eat at home, it's the days I have to eat out that always get me and I will be out and about on Thursday and Friday to take my mom to the cardiologist.

Anyways, here's my menu for today:

B-coffee, banana nut muffin with strawberries and blueberries
L-shrimp sauteed in tamauri/garlic butter with veggies
D-Pizza-if I can get to the store at some point today for toppings.

Have a great day!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

I really do suck at this. Things have been super hectic the last couple of weeks. I had to go out of state to pick up my mom and take her to see her cardiologist. She has to have another angiogram at the end of the month and the doctor thinks she has a major blockage. I'm supposed to start my new job the following week. Praying that he is mistaken and she is ok and can move on without major surgery.

As far as my eating...well it went to pot for 4 days. I fasted Monday and managed to go from 350 in the morning down to 130 by late afternoon/evening. I've been keeping the carbs to almost zero the last couple of days. More than anything..I'm struggling with edema. Why is it when it gets hot outside we swell like crazy?

My hubby and I purchased a new car today and we ate out for dinner and then came home and swam for 30 minutes. I'm sore, but it's activity.

I'm going to attempt a pot pie tomorrow and use my almond flour biscuit crust. I hope it works out..I've been craving it for a few days now.

Today's menu was:

B-banana nut muffin-almond flour recipe
L-bunless foot long cheese coney from Sonic
D-Soup and salad from OG.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:52 AM   #65
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
OH GIrl, watch that BG #. Do whatever you have to to keep it down.

Stay the coarse, I am marking my spot. This time you WILL make it happen! Love reading your stuff.
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Monica! It was my own fault, but luckily, I'm back to normal.

So yesterday was a good day. I swam 1/4 mile in our pool, ate well and took a long nap.

Menu was-

b-banana muffin, coffee with stevia and hwc
l-bunless philly cheese steak *thin sliced ribeye with peppers and cheese*
d-chicken pot pie. It turned out great and is actually going in the oven for lunch right now.

This morning I managed to get another swim in..just not as long as yesterday. I waited a little late and I don't want to burn in this Texas heat.

Today's menu

B-apple
L-chicken pot pie
D-asian surf and turf...I hope!
Old 06-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Weighed in yesterday and I'm down 8 lbs this week. Woot. I'm sure 90% of that is water weight because my edema is gone. So yay for a break in the swelling.

Hubby and I did some shopping yesterday and we started out at Central Market and had an omelet and bacon for the breakfast bar. We stopped by Cheddars for lunch and I had shrimp and chicken with broccoli and finally for dinner we had a steak with salad and sweet potato fries. The fries bumped by sugar up. I think they may have had cinnamon and sugar on them. My fault for assuming that sweet potato fries would be plain.

Today, we are working around the house. Hubs is cleaning and doing laundry and I'm working on painting some items for our house. I made a bacon and cheese egg scramble and it looks like brats for a late lunch and not sure what to do for dinner.

Jury duty tomorrow..ugh
Old 06-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

And....I was selected. Poot. lol So, I get to spend my week in jury duty. Fun....not!

I went totally not prepared to be chosen or to have to stay today. I ended up going out and being terrible at lunch. I was better at dinner...just brats and green beans..but I had a bunch of fried crap at lunch. That's what happens when it's 5-6 hours between meals..I seem to binge.

Game plan for tomorrow-bag of nuts and some waters to take with me.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:45 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

The last 2 weeks have been crazy. I had jury duty for a week and then on Monday my mom had an angiogram. She's going to be fine, thank goodness, but her cardiologist had us believing she would be having open heart or bypass surgery. We are so glad that she is ok, but we've spent the last 3 weeks in emotional turmoil.

My eating has been all over the place. Right now, I'm just taking it one day at a time.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:09 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

I seriously suck at journaling. I've decided to add in some foods that I had deleted from my diet when we started Paleo/Primal. The first are Perfect 10 bagels. They are 2.5 oz and only 10 net carbs. They are my go to lunch. I can have one toasted with cream cheese. I also make a sandwich with cheese and meat.

I start a new job tomorrow and I wanted something stupid easy...they are and they are delicious.

Other than that...eh. It's going to be a grill fest at my house tonight. I'm grilling brats, chicken, beef roast, flank steak and ribs. I want to cook up enough for the week and the weekend...definitely a meat fest up in here.

If you are still reading...hi
Old 07-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 341/301.6/150
WOE: Atkins-ish
Start Date: Hcg 1/5/13, LC 2/10/13
Hi Misty! I just started reading your journal Good luck on your weightloss journey! We need all the luck we can get
TheSouthernPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:16 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthernPrincess View Post
Hi Misty! I just started reading your journal Good luck on your weightloss journey! We need all the luck we can get
Thanks Aryn! I need to update more often, but there's nothing good to report about my eating lately.

Right now, I need all the willpower I can get. lol Luck will hopefully work as well!
Old 07-19-2013, 08:32 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Hi Misty... I too have just started reading through your journal!
Good look with your weightloss. I have 74lbs to lose and keep failing miserably on every diet I try! x
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rcookie
Stats: 325/292.8/185
WOE: LC
Start Date: April 2013
I just started reading your journal as well. I love the title!

Good luck to you!
rcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie80 View Post
Hi Misty... I too have just started reading through your journal!
Good look with your weightloss. I have 74lbs to lose and keep failing miserably on every diet I try! x

Thanks Gina! Good luck to you as well. It's hard. I feel like a rat on a wheel some days...especially when I am doing everything right and no results. Drives me crazy. One of the reasons I try to use my blood sugar as a measure instead of weight..except it's being wonky as well! What plan are you following?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcookie View Post
I just started reading your journal as well. I love the title!

Good luck to you!
Thank you rcookie! I appreciate it! I guess I need to be more motivated to post now! lol

Thanks for everyone's support!
Old 07-21-2013, 08:24 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

I'm dubbing this week comfort food week. I'm in the mood for all sorts of comfort foods.

I normally make banana muffins for the week and we each have one every morning. This week I am in the mood for sausage biscuits...so that's on the menu for breakfast.

For dinners, I'm making a pork roast, a chicken pot pie, a pizza, meat sauce to go over broccoli and fish or shrimp two of the nights.

For lunches, I normally get a Caesar salad bag from Costco and use the lettuce, dressing and cheese. I add a perfect 10 bagel and either make it into a sandwich or have it with cream cheese.

The next couple of weeks are going to be stressful. This will be my 3rd week at my job. My boss goes out on Tuesday for 4 weeks for ankle surgery, our receptionist is on vacation and my Assistant Director goes on vacation for 2 weeks starting Wednesday. We are already short staffed. My goal is to keep my stress level down as far as I can...and stay on plan. I'm taking it just one day at a time.

Do you guys plan your meals or wing it?
Old 07-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Holy crap a day on plan..stop the presses. I've done well today and my blood sugar is rewarding me for my efforts.

Breakfast was a sausage biscuit...these biscuits have been a lifesaver for me..I use them for breakfast, for chicken pot pie, etc.

Lunch-caesar salad with some ham

Snack-nuts and beef jerkey

Dinner-chicken pot pie.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:20 AM   #78
ELL
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ELL
Stats: 160.5|142.2|56.6kg
WOE: >20 carbs
Start Date: 10.5.13
Misty where are you? Come back!